Micro 741: Reverse Mafia (mafia win)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Micro 741: Reverse Mafia (mafia win)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:53 am

Post by pisskop »

Reverse Mafia

Backup Mod: Something_Smart

Playerlist
  1. callforjudgement
  2. MarioManiac4
  3. GuiltyLion
  4. A Simple Plan
    Not_Mafia
  5. Carcalilly
  6. TheBrie
  7. cd
    serrapalidin
  8. Dunkerdoodles
Last edited by pisskop on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:08 am

Post by pisskop »

Rules:
  1. All site rules apply.
  2. If a game is in progress, don't mention it!
  3. Play to win.
  4. Enjoy yourself; others may follow your example.
  5. All text must be readily readable, in legible script, and fully visible. No encrypted or otherwise coded text.
  6. I have the final say in all matters. Questions may be PMed to me or bolded @me in-thread.
  7. Do not quote any PM sent by me to you that regards this game. Paraphrasing is fine.
  8. Do not discuss this game anywhere else, unless specifically cleared by me.
  9. Prods will be issued at 48 hours of inactivity in the thread. Prods not responded to within 24 hours and players with more than 2 prods will be replaced at my discretion.
  10. Bolded Blue
    is my color as moderator. Do not us it!
  11. Vote by using either the 'bold' or 'vote' tags. Abbreviated names can be used. Votes should be on their own line, separated from other text.
    If I think its a vote for a player then its a vote; if I do not then it is not! Please be clear!

12. A lynch will occur as soon as a player receives sufficient votes. Players may talk until the thread closes.
  13. Days will last 14 days and nights 2 days.
  14. All actions must be submitted at least 1 hour before the deadline of the phase. Any actions submitted after will not be accepted.
  15. I will offer 'Accelerated Nights' if a simple majority of the players as well as every player capable of acting or talking at night PMs me and asks for it.
  16. Please spoiler large(r) images and keep in mind that mobile and low speed users will have difficulty accessing the game if it gets spammed with large images and youtube videos.
  17. Hydra Players should make an effort to stay in Hydra.
In the spirit of being completely clear: All scum chats are active during the day.

Spoiler: PMs:
Welcome, X!
You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
You have no special abilities, but you have your vote and your brain.

You win when Mafia make up 50% of the town's population.
Here is the game thread. Confirm your presence there; game begins when 6/8 people confirm.

Welcome, X!
You are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:
You know that Y is also a Mafia Goon.
You both have this Private Topic, which may be used at any time; Private Topic.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Here is the game thread. Confirm your presence there; game begins when 6/8 people confirm.

Good luck, my glorious lemmings!
Last edited by pisskop on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 am

Post by pisskop »

GAME WILL BEGIN WHEN 6/8 PLAYERS CONFIRM IN-THREAD. VOTES MADE BEFORE WILL NOT COUNT; THOSE MADE AFTER BUT BEFORE I POST A VC WILL.

Votecount 0.00

Not Voting
- ere'one

With 8 Alive it takes 5 to Lynch!
Last edited by pisskop on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

:?:
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 am

Post by cd »

/confirm.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:21 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

/confirm
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

/confirm
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

/confirm
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

/confirm

Sorry mod, I didn't pay attention to anything but the color tbh.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Carcalilly »

/confirm
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 am

Post by callforjudgement »

/confirm

@
A Simple Plan
: In a game like this, you
really
need to read at least the victory conditions in the sample Role PM. (They might not be what you're expecting.)
Specifically, in this setup, we want to lynch townies (and leave scum alive).

Last time this setup was run on mafiascum.net, town adopted a strategy of aiming to vote off nulltown players; the idea is that if a player is very townish, you perhaps don't want to lynch them immediately, so that they can continue to scumhunt (although as they're town, you want to lynch them eventually, but you can do that closer to lywi). I was a little dubious about the strategy then, and still am now, but I can't deny that it worked. It does require a lot of effective townhunting
and
scumhunting D1.

My advice would be to lynch players early if they're easy to read early, and lynch them late if they're easy to read late (and of course, only lynch players who we're collectively reading as town). For example, I probably wouldn't make a great lynch today, as I nearly always look town early in the game regardless of alignment. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't self-hammer if I get the opportunity.

As a reminder, don't put someone to L-1 unless you're sure that they're town, as scum will just self-hammer in that situation (and town probably will too), and we only get one mislynch.

Normally at this point I'd put a vote out on the player I thought was the best lynch for the day, but nobody's posted anything but confirmations and I'm not experienced with enough of the playerlist to know which players would be easiest to read. I'm not capable of scumhunting off confirmation posts, like mastina is. So I'll hold my vote for the moment. I'd be very interested in what other people think of a) the strategy of the game, b) people's alignments, though. (Just because this game is mostly about townhunting, that isn't a reason not to scumhunt! Scum can't take much advantage from knowing people's reads because they don't have a nightkill, and because nearly all the Mafia games on this site are about scumhunting, scumhunting will make you easier to read. Not to mention, if we do identify scum, we can refuse to lynch them all game and make it very hard for them to win.)

@
Mod
: What happened to the rule (that's part of the setup) that players can't self-vote except if it's a hammer?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

strategy for me in this game will probably be just townhunting

lynching nulltowns is good until you run into the situation where mafia are nulltown- i'd prefer to just lynch the towniest players in order

town won micro 604 but in that game ozymandias fit into the category you're describing- town won because snarkysnowman made himself fairly obvious with his l-1 on ozzy
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:23 am

Right, just because the strategy worked once doesn't actually mean that it's good; maybe we just got lucky.

Incidentally, I'm interested that you chose to comment on the strategy part of my post, but not attempt to scumhunt me from it. I know it's early, but is there a reason you didn't react to the rest of the post / attempt to scumhunt me from it?
scum
town
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I don't think there was anything alignment indicative in your post. Strategy talk works until we get more information to build on.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Carcalilly »

can we wait for the game to start lol
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am

@
Carcalilly
: It starts automatically after 6 confirmations, according to the role PMs.

Did you not read your role PM? If not, do; it's very important that you understand what votes mean in this setup and what your win condition is. (At least partly because if you're playing against wincon due to not reading it, it's going to be very hard to figure out your alignment.)
scum
town
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Carcalilly »

I did but doesn't the mod have to confirm it or something?
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 am

See post #. It says that votes made after there are six confirmations count, even if the mod hasn't posted; if votes count, then presumably the game has started.
scum
town
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 am

Post by cd »

Yo.

CFJ scum.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Carcalilly »

ohhhhhhhhhh ok
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 10, callforjudgement wrote:Normally at this point I'd put a vote out on the player I thought was the best lynch for the day, but nobody's posted anything but confirmations and I'm not experienced with enough of the playerlist to know which players would be easiest to read. I'm not capable of scumhunting off confirmation posts, like mastina is. So I'll hold my vote for the moment.
What was your reason for saying this?
In post 10, callforjudgement wrote:I'd be very interested in what other people think of a) the strategy of the game, b) people's alignments, though. (Just because this game is mostly about townhunting, that isn't a reason not to scumhunt! Scum can't take much advantage from knowing people's reads because they don't have a nightkill, and because nearly all the Mafia games on this site are about scumhunting, scumhunting will make you easier to read.
I don't like the idea of lynching "null-town" players. Usually when I get snowed by scum it's because they're in that null-town zone where they seem town
enough
but not quite at the level of my hardest townreads. Also, I was thinking in this setup that scum may be likely to read eachother as null town - giving themselves room to vote eachother if needed. So allowing people to vote a wagon because of a "i'm not sure they're town, but they're probably town" type read would give scum an excuse to vote a buddy. IMO your vote should always be on your strongest townread and any switch to another wagon should be justified.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Carcalilly »

dang y'all
alternativley we can all just act as scummy as possible since we all wanna get lynched ;D
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:14 am

In post 20, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 10, callforjudgement wrote:Normally at this point I'd put a vote out on the player I thought was the best lynch for the day, but nobody's posted anything but confirmations and I'm not experienced with enough of the playerlist to know which players would be easiest to read. I'm not capable of scumhunting off confirmation posts, like mastina is. So I'll hold my vote for the moment.
What was your reason for saying this?
I'm consistently very much a believer that players should have a vote out at all times (unless theory considerations say to hold the vote), and typically plead with people to vote to make themselves easier to read. However, there wasn't anyone townish enough to vote for. I mentioned that because I have a kind of "mental checklist" to go through in my first posts in the game to make sure I don't leave out anything that I want to say, and that was ticking it off. In retrospect, that possibly isn't the ideal strategy.

VOTE: GuiltyLion
I've got enough information to place a vote now, though. It's a very weak vote because we're very early, but you're the first player who seems to be making some effort to sort players.

For what it's worth, I'm happy with the strategy of lynching, ideally, only strong town reads. It means that we can leave the harder decisions until later, when we have more information.

PEDIT: @
Carcalilly
: This is not a setup where scummy people should be lynched. (The setup's name is Vote For Town Mafia for a reason.)
scum
town
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:18 am

Post by cd »

Hello Lilly.
cd
cd
Goon
cd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:19 am

Post by cd »

Let's lynch everyone but CFJ and win this game since he's scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”