Micro 743: Musical mafia | Encore

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Noteworthy »

Lol
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Mantichora »

note/tano ezpzlemonsquz
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Mantichora »

@TrueGent you know i wouldnt have killed kts last night especially if i thought tano was BD so i would have to be exactly w/w tano + for some reason make a sub-optimal kill
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

So I just wasted a lot of time writing up a post explaining how voting Manti first was an autowin. Then I remembered scum could no-kill, making it pointless.

Going to leave the post quoted below (without the vote) for reference, since at least some of it's hopefully useful. (Better be after all the freaking time I just spent on it. :igmeou: )

VyseIsAMoron wrote:
(Voted for Manti here)

Gotta protect my good scumbuddy Ahsoka, especially after losing my good scumbuddy Sil. :igmeou:

I'm just going to make this a blunt 'trust me over Manti' because....duh. It comes down to that sooner or later, and I want the auto-resolve option I describe below left open if at all possible.

Frankly, I'd think the fact that I'm not buttering you (True) up at this point where it serves my reads while Manti's laying it on with a broadsword says enough.

---

Reasoning is as follows -

-KTS died last night.

-We have three investigative roles confirmed AND supposedly 3 protective roles on top of that. One of the investigatives was a straight cop. 1 prot role is easily believable. Two is :/ even before you consider the scum pool. (Iffy claim from the people who are most likely to be fakeclaiming) Three is not happening.

-Two roles claim to have protected KTS > He died anyway. At least one of True or Ahsoka is scum. Only reason not to believe True is that a full doctor seems really powerful in this game with a full Cop. The rest is against Ahsoka. (Been all over this last phase + Ahsoka's survival. Leaving it there.)

-That there are two 'doctor' roles (JK and Doc) is basically a counter claim as far as I'm concerned.

-Manti is trolling a bit, and appealing hard to True, meaning they are probably not on the same team. If Manti were Town, this would basically confirm True/Ahsoka scum (Because his claim) but he's appealing to True and jumping on me. Playing to doubt rather than sense = Scummy.

-The benefit to lynching Manti is that next night phase we have four people and two protective role claims. True protects me. Asuka bodyguards Godel. If the kill goes through, it's obvious which is lying. If Scum kill one of them, it's obvious who's lying. There isn't room for getting blindsided.

-This works if RC is the roleblocker. Town autowins. If not, it's a judgment call in LyLo.

>Manti/Ahsoka TBH but don't want to be stupid.

---

TL;DR - True's claim is both a hard counterclaim to Ahsoka and soft counterclaim to Manti. True is the best read of the thread. The reason to lynch Manti first is that it allows the possibility of absolute confirmation in endgame and he's Scum regardless of anything else at this point. He basically confirmed it by siding with True despite his claim being ridiculous in a game with a Doc, which True claimed. (AKA a soft counterclaim.)

The only thing I'm worried about is a blindside.
At this point, I'm just saying the heck with it and putting all my chips in True's corner.

VOTE: Ahsoka

Manti, pass me the butter pls and start bussing.

(While I'm overthinking everything and am being self-conscious, I'm going to preemptively answer the obvious 'lol so fake' comments from Manti. I'll point out that I could easily wait two minutes to post my 'realization' as if it had just hit me, if I wanted to be manipulative and make it seem organic. Posting this now because otherwise it won't be provable, and I really don't want to give RC free reign to project onto my every bloody word. >_<)

(Now that post above is reverse-psychology manipulation btw! <--- This too <---- etc. Sometimes this game annoys me.)
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

...Yeah, I really need to take a break. I'm way too deep into overthinking things and kinda tired.

I think I made any points I actually needed to make, but if the rambling is hard to decipher let me know for when I get back.

Night all, hopefully.
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by Mantichora »

VOTE: ano

L8r
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by TrueGent »

VOTE: Tano
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Mantichora »

dope
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Mantichora »

ggez recommend
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Mantichora »

[mention]KillTheStory[/mention]
lol
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Lmfao Manti/True confirmed scum by their claims!

Lets do this, Note! :)
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Wait WTF!!!
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

God dammit, I didnt see this page!

Y'all suck yo!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Which one of you blocked me?
Probably Manti. Roleclaim was likely true.

Truegent, you literally copied my visits, why?

I'm only bitter because this game was too slow fir me to actually do anything! We handed scum the win D1 basically!
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

Ah, fair enough. XD
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

It was fun playing with you, Note!
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

Dangit, well played True. Actually to RC too, obv-scumming to prop True up. It was a nice play, and I'm curious if that was deliberately planned by you two? Or was it just a happy coincidence?

There was a moment when I was seriously looking at True at the beginning of the phase and his stuff was blander than I remembered. (was actually around at midnight last night.) but walked my read back into a comfort zone instead of pursuing it. I got too blindly caught up in Ahsoka's reads immediately after coming back - didn't see those coming from Town, especially with the seeming lack of substance. (Ironic, given that he was right and I was wrong.) It's a pity. The responses following that nagged at me, but I was an idiot and I doubt I'd have wised up even if I'd gone through with lynching Manti as Obv-Scum.

This isn't to say I had it at any point, just looking back at where I went wrong and laughing at myself a lil'. The stuff was there for me to see, but the willingness to break my tunnelvision was not. I paid for it. Paranoia is a strange thing.

The part that annoys me the most is that the game setup was screaming that True was Scum and Ari was Town, but I actively talked myself into believing otherwise.

Ah well. GG. Was fun playing with you all. True deserves Scum MVP for this game, but some credit to RC for a nice bait. Credit to me for getting baited, gj me.

Bit disappointed that I ended up having to solo this, but can't really blame Fly given how much stuff she's handling. It would have been so much smarter if we'd tried to do this before school started up again. It was fun playing with you again Ari, wouldn't mind doing so in the future! (It's been what, two years? Right before I ended up taking a break from MS, I think.)

Not too sad about my earlygame reads, given that True was the only active Scum, and managed to use a pretty strong play despite the stuff I'm seeing in 20/20 hindsight. Mid-Lategame was were I screwed up.
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

For what it's worth, if you'd been able to communicate your read on True I might have listened, at least by the time this phase rolled around. Dunno for sure, just proved I can be stubborn sometimes, but eh. There was at least one window of doubt, but it died because I thought you were just going through the motions. Sorry for not paying better attention and rip me in tunnelvision.

It didn't help that KTS and Godel were included as possible Scum in your reads. Couldn't see those making any sort of sense at all at that point. :/

Activity definitely screwed us up on both Day #1 and Day #2 lynches though. Those were claims that really needed to be made.

KTS played pretty well once he was willing to talk a bit more, barring that quickhammer. Points to him, and sorry for messing up the hero story. We are both comic animal sidekicks. :(

Psych was cool and I look forward to playing with him sometime.

RC was cool, though I swear that style gets on my nerves so hard. :P

GG all, thank you mod for hosting. Occasional whining aside, I had a lot of fun and would enjoy playing with you all again.
Mantichora
Mantichora
Goon
Mantichora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Mantichora »

this game was p much won by the time i subbed in, it was just a simple matter of keeping this stagnant and not letting the boat get rocked, then all gent and i had to do was force through a couple ez mislynches

not much coulda been done for village here
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

Dunno. Looking back it feels like there were a few clear choices I could have made differently that might have changed things. If nothing else, I saw the claims and knew that True's was pretty darn unlikely and even yours was stretching it. So annoyed at myself for ignoring that one.

At least it's a game where I can see what went wrong and learn from it.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Gödel »

damn it, i just finished catching up
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Note, don't take all the blame!

Scumteam was good, town sucked! So what if I had good reads if I couldn't/wouldn't articulate them! I let us down just as much as anyone!

Let this be a lesson to all though, activity is hugely important! We had nothing to go off of, none of us, because we didn't make anything happen! Had we at least jad some conversation and claims and stuff, Silma could have been saved! I could have been saved! True may have slipped! We'll never know now, but I hope we all can do better next game we play!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 am

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Consider that this game went on for over a month and has 25 pages. Thats sad! Less than a page a day!
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 am

Post by Gödel »

Yeah sorry about that my absence didn't help at all
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Gödel »

Also what is a good strategy for playing fruit vendor? Since as soon as night 1 was over someone would have known I visited them, I wanted to claim at start of day 2

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”