Micro 743: Musical mafia | Encore

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Killthestory »

soulread anxiety scum

VOTE: anxiety
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:11 am

Post by tman2nd »

@Mod
I asked to be replaced.
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Goon
Virtuoso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Virtuoso »

Ahsoka Tano replaces tman2nd
♫ Where words fail, music speaks ♫
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 127, Virtuoso wrote:Ahsoka Tano replaces tman2nd
Hi! That's me :)

How is everyone today? Have we found any scums yet?
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Killthestory »

wolfy

VOTE: ahsoko tano
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 129, Killthestory wrote:wolfy

VOTE: ahsoko tano
Am I now? Good to know! My Role PM said differently, and this is non-bastard though, so...
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Also how have you guys posted less than a page a day?? the Mafia will definitely win if we keep this up!

I'm reading up right now though!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Okay, so first thing is that I wish the hydrae would sign their posts, but I respect their will not to. Just a persona preference.
In post 18, Silmarils wrote:Also I'm dayvig anyone who calls me a she will be given the gun this is a SERIOUS ORDER
Lol so if I call you "she" you will give me your gun? So generous!!!
In post 23, Assemblerotws wrote:Evening, ladies and gentlemen.
VOTE: Silmarils
Because vigshots should be used for in-game reasons, not rules violations.
Eeeeew! This is gonna flip scum.
In post 26, tman2nd wrote:VOTE: Assemblerotws
Ahaha my predecessor thought so too! XD
I love it! :)
In post 29, Gödel wrote:Wait, what, you guys have a roof over your head? I need to visit my agent and renegotiate my contract all I got was a tarp and some spikes to build a shelter.

Anyone else sign up for this cus they like musicals?
tman2nd wrote:VOTE: Assemblerotws
I mean it is RVS but would be cool to actually get a reason for the vote, maybe that is just me though.
Scumpartner found!!!
I solved the game guys! That was easy! :P

@Vyse
, could you quote the out-of-hydra posts you've made so they are in your ISo? I would really appreciate it!
In post 40, VysePresident wrote:@Gadol - ur not the boss of me!!2!22! (And thanks for the advice. I did PM a mod, but want to give it a little time before I try PMing another.)

---

Jokes aside, the vote isn't as serious as before I started diving into your post history & realized you're not a vet, but it is still serious.

Question, if you don't mind? (Should have asked last night, but it's late, and I'm kinda disengaged because I really wanted to get my other head involved first.) What do you make of the empty RVS vote in that post I quoted? Does it mean anything to you?
Yeah, this is prolly town!
In post 44, Anxiety wrote:Did you guys seriously do an L-2 rvs wagon.
Be careful dudes.
This feels forced a bit. If I'm wrong about my RVS reads this may be scum.
In post 45, Gödel wrote:I just didn't particularly like newbie games since there is always a lot of people replacing out and with the known set up it is a bit boring and I don't think I can really get too invested in it
Is this Irony? This feels like Irony...
In post 45, Gödel wrote:And ditto if anyone has problems with my posts. Technically English is my second language, so I will always use that excuse whenever my posts make little to no sense and it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I am just a tad bit crazy and haven't found a filter for my hands so that I don't just type random thought and hit submit
Duly notes, though I still think you may be scum ;)

That's Pages 1 & 2.
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

In post 8, VysePresident wrote:Posting on my main to note that our Hyrda has not received a Role PM, and for some reason the Hydra cannot post on this thread, even though we had no problem with Queues.
In post 10, VysePresident wrote:
In post 9, Virtuoso wrote:
In post 8, VysePresident wrote:Posting on my main to note that our Hyrda has not received a Role PM, and for some reason the Hydra cannot post on this thread, even though we had no problem with Queues.
I sent you the role PM. If you're having issues posting, then please post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30062
Thanks, I got the PM this time, and I've posted on the support thread. Hopefully this should be resolved in time for me to catch up with the game tonight.
In post 30, VysePresident wrote:Well, I'm hoping to get in touch with my partner when she isn't busy, but in the meantime operating solo -
In post 29, Gödel wrote:Wait, what, you guys have a roof over your head? I need to visit my agent and renegotiate my contract all I got was a tarp and some spikes to build a shelter.

Anyone else sign up for this cus they like musicals?
tman2nd wrote:VOTE: Assemblerotws
I mean it is RVS but would be cool to actually get a reason for the vote, maybe that is just me though.
VOTE: Godel

Serious vote.
In post 31, VysePresident wrote:Oh, you were a different Faraday. That makes a lot more sense.

Vote still stands though.
In post 40, VysePresident wrote:@Gadol - ur not the boss of me!!2!22! (And thanks for the advice. I did PM a mod, but want to give it a little time before I try PMing another.)

---

Jokes aside, the vote isn't as serious as before I started diving into your post history & realized you're not a vet, but it is still serious.

Question, if you don't mind? (Should have asked last night, but it's late, and I'm kinda disengaged because I really wanted to get my other head involved first.) What do you make of the empty RVS vote in that post I quoted? Does it mean anything to you?
In post 41, VysePresident wrote:....If my posts are unreadable due to rambling and tangents, let me know and I'll write up a trimmed down version. >_<
In post 57, VysePresident wrote:(@Goedel - It's less patience and more me being really distracted. Was a long, busy week, and I'm trying to remember how to actually get something useful out of RVS after a two year break from the game. I haven't played much outside a small and very predictable group of friends on another site. Just curious though, would you recommend a particular mod? I'm having no luck so I'm ready to just be a jerk and message a few.)

---

So, since I've been kinda distracted and haven't really pushed like I had in mind, I'm just going to put my cards on the table and play how I'm comfortable. Tired, so I'll keep it brief. (4 AM here, almost.)

-My basic read on Godel was that he was putting a lot of effort into fooling around, and his only engagement was to nudge an empty vote.

-This caught my attention moreso than the other banter partly because I mistook him for a veteran player, but also because he put more effort into individual posts, making it seem a little more forced. (It's something I've noticed in the past, where scum are more hesitant to engage in RVS but feel like they need to contribute during this unpredictable time.) Most of the banter seemed to be trivial and based on inside jokes. Godel seemed more like he was trying to fit in with the rest.

-This wasn't helped by him engaging to prod a player for an empty vote without even committing to any real statements about it.

-This is a minor read, and somewhat confused by learning he's not a longterm vet.

-I'm also a bit interested in him assuming I was trolling, but I could be reading too much into that.

-Still holding my vote because the read stands, and it's the most interesting thing to me at the moment.

Neutral on most everything else right now. Catch you all tomorrow.
In post 73, VysePresident wrote:Not to be an idiot, but what does NAI mean?
In post 67, tman2nd wrote:
In post 57, VysePresident wrote:(It's something I've noticed in the past, where scum are more hesitant to engage in RVS but feel like they need to contribute during this unpredictable time.) Most of the banter seemed to be trivial and based on inside jokes. Godel seemed more like he was trying to fit in with the rest.
Why would mafia have a harder time participating in RVS? RVS is easy to do.
That's kinda the point, but I think I could have explained what I meant by engaging better.

In my experience, as a general rule, scum tend to shy away from engaging in RVS - with the distinction that by engaging, I mean actually pushing the game forward and making commitments. Scum have a tendency to play safe, and while this particular tell is very dependent on context and personality, I've noticed Scum will often banter during RVS if they feel the need to sound like they're contributing, and nudge in the general direction of perceived vulnerability.

In this specific case, at risk of sounding stupid, I'm mostly noticing Godel's longer buildup in his jokes in and , and particularly . (He has two lines each focusing on a different tangent, and then just does an empty prod.) This stands out from the rest of the banter to me because it's a little overthought, and there's that empty hook.

At first this seemed extremely scummy because I thought he was a vet. (Not that I know Faraday particularly well, but I've seen him around back when I played.) I've browsed his post history since, and he seems more like a semi-experienced newbie who I'd expect to be a little more engaged? Dunno, early in the game, but that's my thought process to date.

In other words, expanded gutread. More in a bit, gotta run and still digesting thread stuff to figure out what I actually care about. Yell at me if I don't follow through either in a couple hours or by tomorrow night.
In post 84, VysePresident wrote:I'm a 90s kid and I don't get it :(

Kinda agreeing with KTS, but just curious.

@Godel - Can you kinda give me your overview of the game right now? Step back aside from whatever you're feeling, and just give me some insight into what you're thinking please?

As per request, my first 8 posts.

Assume everything is signed Vyse until otherwise. Flytrigreen's been really busy, and it's been harder for her to engage than we'd hoped. We'll let you know if this levels out, but for now it's all me.
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

Also hello again stranger who I have not met before ever, not at all never. :P
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 51, TrueGent wrote:
In post 48, Silmarils wrote:
In post 46, TrueGent wrote:
In post 44, Anxiety wrote:Did you guys seriously do an L-2 rvs wagon.
Be careful dudes.
ehhh
i think its ok
"hello there fellow villagers"
Is this an accusation that Silmarils is being LAMIST?
Oh wait, you are sayng that about Anxiety, aren't you! I mean, that's what has me looking at them weirdly as noted in my last post.
In post 55, BurnMyDread wrote:kill are you ok.
parkpark=silma btw

meh. Don't like the anxiety vote. His post on l-2ing a rvs wagon looks more like a thing someone who from out of our site [silma,parker,truegent,kill,me] would do.
More nai than anything, but he really just seemed genuine about it too tone wise, didn't get the forced xddd town post vibe meh.

VOTE: kill
I take it you are one of KTS' offsite friends and parkpark=silma is code for other usernames? If so, cool.
However, why the heck did you vote KTS after saying you didn't like Anxiety's vote? And waffle on whether is was scummy or not rather than taking a position???
I don't like that at all.

- Vyse Pres is really likely town, I like this a lot!
Welcome to the townpile :)
In post 59, TrueGent wrote:
In post 55, BurnMyDread wrote:kill are you ok.
parkpark=silma btw

meh. Don't like the anxiety vote. His post on l-2ing a rvs wagon looks more like a thing someone who from out of our site [silma,parker,truegent,kill,me] would do.
More nai than anything, but he really just seemed genuine about it too tone wise, didn't get the forced xddd town post vibe meh.

VOTE: kill
You "dont like the vote" but the thing the vote is for is "NAI"
?
Yee, that's for also picking up on it! :)
In post 62, Killthestory wrote:godel wolf
Agreed
In post 66, TrueGent wrote:your tone is awful and reads more like you are saying what you think town should be saying, rather than what you actually think
Hellz yes!
You can probably join the townpile too =D

This was all Page 3...
How is this game so dead when there is so much content already?

P.edit
Thanks Vyse!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 134, Noteworthy wrote:Also hello again stranger who I have not met before ever, not at all never. :P
Hahaha Hello again indeed, stranger! ;)
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Noteworthy, who are your biggest scumreads atm?
Have they changed from 113?
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Holy shit, KTS, TrueGent, Noteworthy - town

Assebmbleratoes, Goedel - scum

BurnMyDred, Anxiety, Silmarils varying degrees of scumlean that neednèt be explored fully yet, but I hope make themselves clear soon. Assembler may be town, Goedel is def not.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Killthestory »

hmm
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

In post 83, Killthestory wrote:"why me"

only 90s kids will get it
Hey! I'm a '90s kid, you aren't!
Nice try KTS!
In post 88, Anxiety wrote:Is this a tone wagon because I understand it and all...
Are you sure you're not scum? You're very close to taking Assembler's spot on that last list.
In post 91, Gödel wrote:Well I was going to do this on Day #2 but since the game is pretty dead right now(we have 4 players who should get prodded(that is also why I asked for the vote count)), I will do it now, and hope this kick starts some activity.

My role is the Town Visitor, the Fruit Vendor variety. This means I HAVE to visit a person each night and they will know that they were visited. Considering that by Day #2 I could be confirmed in my role, I was going to wait till then to role claim. In post I talked about visiting, I tried to hide it in some spam so that hopefully not too many people would pick up on it but that I had something to refer back to on Day #2 when I claimed, obviously I suck at it considering I was called out for it. I also suck at being a conf town so I am really sorry if I screw things up.

If there are any none watcher investigative roles in this game don't target me at night, it will be wasted since whomever I target will be able to confirm that they were targeted, if we do have a watcher, I may be a decent target since I could be role blocked or killed tonight if the mafia don't want a conf town tomorrow. Don't interpret this as me wanting you to out yourself though, it is just an idea.

I wont reveal who I will visit since then it would just give the mafia an easy way to kill someone and set me up as lynch bait tomorrow, and I have no idea yet, who I will visit. Though no worries I will bring some fruits ;)

PS I have never had this role before so post game it would be cool if someone who is more experienced could comment on some strategy for it. I assumed role claiming would be the best strategy since any other way I can cause confusion in interpreting night actions. Since by Day #2 I could be confirmed 100% I wanted to wait till then. But better to discuss this post game that way I know I should be getting advice without any hidden motives.(I am pretty much just posting this so I don't forget it)
Can you kill and visit in the same night?
That will change my advice greatly! :)
In post 107, Silmarils wrote:UNVOTE: Godel
VOTE: Anxiety

zzz
You said nothing, then changed your vote and said nothing.
Please explain the vote change or comment on the game or something!
In post 111, Killthestory wrote:wat is this activity level lol
So much this ;.;

All caught up!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

Yes?
Noteworthy
Noteworthy
Goon
Noteworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Noteworthy »

So far, you're solidifying my read on tman as Town.

I would have KTS closer to a neutral than a Town lean. I think I get why he's moving in the directions he is & was favoring him for Town off and on, but I'm not 100% comfortable with how he jumps on every similar hook. Want to see this play out.

Godel's claim is an awful scum gambit - if there's nothing to prove it in two days, well... I'm not saying 100% lynch it with fire, but it'd be on the table. For now, it's fine. (P-Edit - Aren't fruit vendors universally unable to perform an action outside of fruit vending? I thought that was literally the only point to the role. Or is this just my ignorance?)

I was actually looking at KTS and Assemble atm, the more I think about it. Anxiety is weird because a quick glance at both heads makes me wonder as to why they'd act so clueless. I can't get a lot of
useful
meta info without actually playing with someone in real time, but some things are pretty basic. It'd be nice to see which one was posting. This is my current focus, but it's hard when the others are playing dead.

Sil is too aloof to read, but has some stuff that pushes me away from worrying about that direction. Burn is confusing me atm, am looking forward to the clarification I asked him for. Gent has some okay reactions, can't really get into his head. Of these, Gent is most Town, followed by Sil, followed by Burn. (Not a Townread, but a comparative ranking.) I don't think I have much to say here that you haven't touched on.

I think that's everything. Will review in a sec.
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

I like your reads and your contributions :)

KTS is playing a very minimalist game, but I like it as at least a light townlean atm.

KTS/Assembler is an interesting pairing. I find it unlikely, but we shall see!
Ahsoka Tano
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Ahsoka Tano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Ahsoka Tano »

There's not much more I can do until conversation happens so...
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by TrueGent »

In post 121, Noteworthy wrote:
In post 118, TrueGent wrote:This game is honestly so boring
In post 119, Virtuoso wrote:The game is what you guys make it out to be. If there's no activity, then of course the game is going to be boring.
What he said. :/

I'm trying, but can't play by myself - and being loud really isn't my strong point, despite multiple experiments.
I cant analyse what isnt there
(✿◠‿◠)
(◡‿◡✿)
TrueGent
TrueGent
Goon
TrueGent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by TrueGent »

In post 125, Killthestory wrote:soulread anxiety scum