Micro 746: The Deco Murders - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-8

The lines and symmetry of the Breakwater Hotel say "Art Deco". The copious neon says "Miami Beach Art Deco".

Vijarada
(3): Not_Mafia, Sunlit Diamond, Gorny
Sunlit Diamond
(1): Gödel
Inferno390
(1): TywinL
acidphoenix
(1): Raya36
TywinL
(1): Inferno390
Gorny
(1): acidphoenix
Raya36
(1): Vijarada

Not Voting
(0):
No one

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: October 19, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-10-18 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- Gödel v/la from Oct 11-16
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Vijarada »

Guys one day left to deadline, we're cutting it FINE here. Would everyone be OK w/ compromise lynching someone like Gorny here? Because ya he's been pretty scummy overall in my opinion.\

VOTE: Gorny
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I mean I'm the biggest wagon but you guys would be fools to lynch me here bc the votes on me are pretty bullshit. Diamond's vote is OK I guess but like Not_Mafia's vote is based on something that I adequately explained that happened weeks ago and Gorny's vote is LITERALLY based on "takes one to know one" with no further explanation, simply because I insulted him.
get a warrant
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by Gorny »

What further explanation do you wsnt for acting like an ass?

If you lynch me, then I can't be doctor in a world with people who believe in massive walls of text and flashy rainbows.
Is that fucking batman?: Zachstralkita
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 278, Gorny wrote:What further explanation do you wsnt for acting like an ass?
the explanation i want is, how is it conducive to you as town winning to lynch somebody for something not alignment indicative?
get a warrant
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Vijarada »

In post 278, Gorny wrote:
If you lynch me, then I can't be doctor in a world with people who believe in massive walls of text and flashy rainbows.
True though appreciate this.
get a warrant
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Didn’t realise deadline was so close. Will read up a bit and reassess later today
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by Raya36 »

^same

I'll have to reread after school.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Not crazy about Vijarda's response, other people getting something out of the gambit/reaction test/whatever is a really convenient excuse, but I find myself agreeing with everything else he is
saying.

Sunlit's flip flop does not look sincere, would probably be my lynch choice at this moment

Still think Godel is town, don't want him as compromise lynch

I don't have the energy to respond to Inferno right now

Will lynch in Vijarda, Tywin, Sunlit, Raya
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Sunlit

ON second thoughts I don't see scum Vijarda choosing Gorny as a deadline lynch, there are easier people to force through
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I'm still under the belief hat TywinL is scum, but at this point, I'm not going to get that lynch, so I guess, I'd better start thinking about a scumpartner for him.

Hmm.

I'm thinking Not_Mafia, Vij, or maybe Raya?
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Gödel »

sorry guys just got back home now I forgot my laptop bag(with my phone inside on the train, on my first day, hence the silence, and since I was traveling a bit it never caught up with me, still hasn't thought they I should be able to pick it up in 2 days) but I am at home now and have a copy of my password fault so I can log in again, give me a day or so to get caught up and post though.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm adding 2 days to the Day 1 deadline.

New Deadlne: October 21, Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2017-10-20 21:00:00)
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

I still think Vij is scum, but I could compromise vote for Not_Mafia if there's a snowflake's chance in hell of actually stringing him up. See my prior post for reason.
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 288, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I still think Vij is scum, but I could compromise vote for Not_Mafia if there's a snowflake's chance in hell of actually stringing him up. See my prior post for reason.
I could get on board with Vij. He might be scum. Though everyone jumping on me for my FoS makes me wary of leaning too heavily on that idea. I could also very much agree on Not_Mafia.

Hmm. Could Vij and Not_Mafia be scumpartners, and TywinL actually be town?....

NAH. But I'm willing to work with you on either one, Sunlight.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Gödel »

@fferylt Thanks for the extension

and again sorry guys
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 290, Gödel wrote:
@fferylt Thanks for the extension

and again sorry guys
It's cool. I just want to hear your scumread.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:In post 32, TywinL wrote:
VOTE: Inferno390

In post 34, TywinL wrote:
Because you're scum.

In post 41, TywinL wrote:
He's trying to paint things that are actually NAI as scummy. He's being way too serious about a simple self-vote.

These last three are ORLYscum and the last is AtP.
I already said numerous times that it is part of the reaction test and it is not meant to be taken seriously. Way to take it out of context. Attack on Person is just wrong. It was not an attack on you personally.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:In post 58, TywinL wrote:
Lmao, I was about to reveal that I was using Inferno as a reaction test and I was lying about my scum-read on Inferno but now I actually think Inferno is scum. That OMGUS from Inferno is just unreal, but I will most more in detail later. Also lol at Inferno keeping his FoS on Vij.

p-edit: lol

This is pretty Red Herring, because all it's done is managed to cover up for why he actually thinks I'm scum.
No, the point of the reaction test was to provide information to get the ball rolling. I think you are just upset that you were the one being pressured.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 93, TywinL wrote:Instead of trying to reply to Inferno, I feel that it will be more useful to sum up my thoughts about him because honestly, it's just starting to clog up the whole thread now.

>RVS
>Vij self-votes
>Inferno says that it's pretty scummy
>Raya makes a point that town could also do it too
>I decide to do a reaction test to learn more about this slot. Did you really think I had a solid 100% scumread on Inferno on page 2? Come on now.
>1v1 begins
>We have a debate about scummy vs. being scum
>Inferno makes it clear that he think it is pretty scummy, but he points out that he did not say he was scum
>Inferno tries to shoot back at me for playing the chainsaw defense on him.
>Inferno then pairs me up with Vij if Vij is scum then I am a potential scumbuddy.
>Inferno then complains that I am attacking him for no reason and that there are other people do have done things similar to Inferno. In this case, Inferno is trying to equate his action with other people playing RVS. I actually did not like this since it seems like a pivot or redirect to me.
>Finally, Inferno votes me.
>Inferno also responds to Vij's post saying that the FoS remains.
>I reveal that I was actually doing a reaction test because I had seen enough at that point.
>Inferno laughs and calls for a policy lynch.
> More back and forth and more wall posts
>Inferno learns that the correct term is actually "anti-town" which I admit I also did not know. Then he states that he concludes that what Vij did is anti-town and not scum.
>Inferno continue to state that I am throwing "wild" accusations but I had already said that it was part of the reaction test and that he's quoting me out of context.
>Inferno then states that I am lying about the reaction test and that I should be policy lynched.
>Some time goes by because I was asleep and Inferno wasn't around either
>I come back and state that I will post more later.
>Inferno comes back and tries to clear up his reasoning but he actually contradicts himself.
>Inferno then posts a bunch of theories and talk about how I violated every one of them which is funny because I didn't even do some of those things AND some of the things he did himself too.

I will expand more on the last two lines since I have not responded to those yet.
This is the straw man.
Um no. I listed what happened. I saw your later posts about adding more details but it doesn't change the whole course of the story.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:And the Bodyguard Defense+AoR has been his entire argument on why I'm scum. "Inferno said that VIj's RVS vote was scummy, so therefore he's scum trying to pick a fight." (Even though I've said that I don't think that Vij is scum multiple times.)
And he wont let up on it despite plenty of other evidence to the contrary, with is Confirmation Bias.
Um. No. I have said repeatedly that I am scumreading you for not letting up off of Vij when I tried to explain to you that self-voting in RVS is not scummy. And I like how you accuse me of confirmation bias when you said this:
Inferno390 wrote:
In post 288, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I still think Vij is scum, but I could compromise vote for Not_Mafia if there's a snowflake's chance in hell of actually stringing him up. See my prior post for reason.
I could get on board with Vij. He might be scum. Though everyone jumping on me for my FoS makes me wary of leaning too heavily on that idea. I could also very much agree on Not_Mafia.

Anyway, this is the last time I'm gonna talk about this whole RVS thing, Inferno isn't gonna change his mind and I probably won't unless he starts acting like town.
A Lannister always pay his debts.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 285, Inferno390 wrote:I'm still under the belief hat TywinL is scum, but at this point, I'm not going to get that lynch, so I guess, I'd better start thinking about a scumpartner for him.

Hmm.

Why maybe Raya?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:14 am

Post by TywinL »

So no one is going to vote Inferno?

If not, I can do acid. I am not really comfortable lynching outside of these two.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 294, TywinL wrote:So no one is going to vote Inferno?

If not, I can do acid. I am not really comfortable lynching outside of these two.
I am not voting inferno, no.

Why are you scumreading acid over others?
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Spoiler: Quote
In post 292, TywinL wrote:
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:In post 32, TywinL wrote:
VOTE: Inferno390

In post 34, TywinL wrote:
Because you're scum.

In post 41, TywinL wrote:
He's trying to paint things that are actually NAI as scummy. He's being way too serious about a simple self-vote.

These last three are ORLYscum and the last is AtP.
I already said numerous times that it is part of the reaction test and it is not meant to be taken seriously. Way to take it out of context. Attack on Person is just wrong. It was not an attack on you personally.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:In post 58, TywinL wrote:
Lmao, I was about to reveal that I was using Inferno as a reaction test and I was lying about my scum-read on Inferno but now I actually think Inferno is scum. That OMGUS from Inferno is just unreal, but I will most more in detail later. Also lol at Inferno keeping his FoS on Vij.

p-edit: lol

This is pretty Red Herring, because all it's done is managed to cover up for why he actually thinks I'm scum.
No, the point of the reaction test was to provide information to get the ball rolling. I think you are just upset that you were the one being pressured.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 93, TywinL wrote:Instead of trying to reply to Inferno, I feel that it will be more useful to sum up my thoughts about him because honestly, it's just starting to clog up the whole thread now.

>RVS
>Vij self-votes
>Inferno says that it's pretty scummy
>Raya makes a point that town could also do it too
>I decide to do a reaction test to learn more about this slot. Did you really think I had a solid 100% scumread on Inferno on page 2? Come on now.
>1v1 begins
>We have a debate about scummy vs. being scum
>Inferno makes it clear that he think it is pretty scummy, but he points out that he did not say he was scum
>Inferno tries to shoot back at me for playing the chainsaw defense on him.
>Inferno then pairs me up with Vij if Vij is scum then I am a potential scumbuddy.
>Inferno then complains that I am attacking him for no reason and that there are other people do have done things similar to Inferno. In this case, Inferno is trying to equate his action with other people playing RVS. I actually did not like this since it seems like a pivot or redirect to me.
>Finally, Inferno votes me.
>Inferno also responds to Vij's post saying that the FoS remains.
>I reveal that I was actually doing a reaction test because I had seen enough at that point.
>Inferno laughs and calls for a policy lynch.
> More back and forth and more wall posts
>Inferno learns that the correct term is actually "anti-town" which I admit I also did not know. Then he states that he concludes that what Vij did is anti-town and not scum.
>Inferno continue to state that I am throwing "wild" accusations but I had already said that it was part of the reaction test and that he's quoting me out of context.
>Inferno then states that I am lying about the reaction test and that I should be policy lynched.
>Some time goes by because I was asleep and Inferno wasn't around either
>I come back and state that I will post more later.
>Inferno comes back and tries to clear up his reasoning but he actually contradicts himself.
>Inferno then posts a bunch of theories and talk about how I violated every one of them which is funny because I didn't even do some of those things AND some of the things he did himself too.

I will expand more on the last two lines since I have not responded to those yet.
This is the straw man.
Um no. I listed what happened. I saw your later posts about adding more details but it doesn't change the whole course of the story.
In post 267, Inferno390 wrote:And the Bodyguard Defense+AoR has been his entire argument on why I'm scum. "Inferno said that VIj's RVS vote was scummy, so therefore he's scum trying to pick a fight." (Even though I've said that I don't think that Vij is scum multiple times.)
And he wont let up on it despite plenty of other evidence to the contrary, with is Confirmation Bias.
Um. No. I have said repeatedly that I am scumreading you for not letting up off of Vij when I tried to explain to you that self-voting in RVS is not scummy. And I like how you accuse me of confirmation bias when you said this:
Inferno390 wrote:

Anyway, this is the last time I'm gonna talk about this whole RVS thing, Inferno isn't gonna change his mind and I probably won't unless he starts acting like town.

1. Just because it was part of your 'reaction test" doesn't make it any less of an ORLYscum or AtP. saying that I'm panting everything to make someone else look bad is an AtP, because AtP is, by definition, circumventing the argument to make unessecary attacks on the person, which is what that is.
2. I could care less about being pressured. That's part of scumhunting. But to be quite frank, you've accused me of being scum for one reason, called it a "reaction test," and then said you didn't like my response, so I was scum. So yes, all it has done is been confusing as to why you think I'm scum.
3. Um, yes. You did list what happened, but then left out specific details and other information (which I then had to go back in and add) to make me look scummy. That's called a Straw Man.
4. Except, uh, I HAVE let up on Vij (even came out and said I didn't think he was scum), and you refuse to back off.
5. Well, yeah, because there's been some throwing around of Vij actually being scum, and I haven't seen any defense as to why you
aren't
scum. That's not Confirmation Bias, that's me not seeing any evidence to the contrary on my theory.

On a final note, in my last wall YOU ignored most of my points, and I did stop going back and forth with you when everyone else asked.
But I'm going to leave off the walling here. I don't want any of my further reads to be muddled by this nonsense.
TywinL wrote:
In post 285, Inferno390 wrote:I'm still under the belief hat TywinL is scum, but at this point, I'm not going to get that lynch, so I guess, I'd better start thinking about a scumpartner for him.

Hmm.

Why maybe Raya?
Just a gut feeling, I guess. I never got around to scumreading the others, mostly because of our 1v1.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

You really need to learn what ad hom actually is
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

And no that wasn't an ad hom
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay, then what is it?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”