Micro 746: The Deco Murders - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 574, TywinL wrote:
In post 569, Sunlit Diamond wrote:I unvoted as soon as he presented an explanation founded in game mechanic logic rather than what scum "should" do.

For D1- I pushed for n_m. I unvoted when he claimed because it's dumb to lynch without discussing a PR claim. Then I revoted when it became clear his claim was fake.

I will happily engage further and at more length once kiddo is in bed, for the record.
That's not what I was referring to when I said "stuff you did on Day 1". And I don't like how you are trying to claim some credit for a lynch that was going to happen no matter what.
EBWOP
A Lannister always pay his debts.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

That's amazing and something I never would have thought of. Thank you!
Bipolar • ADHD • Call me Sunny • GTKAS
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground - carry on.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Gorny »

Looking at the vote that were on the N_M wagon, Acid and Sunlit are omitted. (Acid is dead and I did Sunlit in the last post)

The following quote pops out:
In post 283, Not_Mafia wrote:Not crazy about Vijarda's response, other people getting something out of the gambit/reaction test/whatever is a really convenient excuse, but I find myself agreeing with everything else he is
saying.

Sunlit's flip flop does not look sincere, would probably be my lynch choice at this moment

Still think Godel is town, don't want him as compromise lynch

I don't have the energy to respond to Inferno right now

Will lynch in Vijarda, Tywin, Sunlit, Raya
If N_M was willing to lynch Vijarada, Tywin, Sunlit and Raya, that seems to suggest that all four are town.

Looking through Vijarada's ISO, she had no objection to lynching N_M and stuck with her vote and even called for someone to hammer N_M towards the end of the day. Even with my own interaction with Vijarada early on, I don't think she's N_M's scum partner.

As to TywinL, and ignoring the wall vs Inferno, post doesnt make sense
if
Tywin and N_M were scum partners. Also, leads me to believe it's not TywinL

And Raya -

NM had Raya as a scum lean, .

As to Raya's ISO:

Raya liked N_M as town
BUT
took issue with N_M's , though the red flag for Raya is her specifically asking for someone else to hammer. If she is N_M's scum partner and knew N_M would flip scum, then it would make sense for her to be on N_M's wagon early on and let a confirmed town hammer. Then she doesn't hammer her own partner.

but

It's totally possible that she's Town and was fine with lynching N_M.

As to Inferno, he had N_M as scum on his reads list, which seems to suggest that they aren;t partners, but on it's own...that's not enough. Reading Inferno's and later, I get the feeling that Inferno and N_M aren't scum partners. I also don't think he (Inferno) would list his own partner (N_M) as a solid scum read . Also, as time went on, Inferno's listing of N_M as scum solidified and N_M moved further down on the reads list: . Lastly, even though Inferno unvoted and then voted Tywin, he went back to N_M.

I had thought that N_M's saying that he did not have the energy to respond to Inferno could be a lie, however taking into account Inferno's ISO, I don't think N_M was using that statement as a cover for a scum buddy.
As to Vijarada and Sunlit, I suspected them earlier of being scum, Vijarada for the comment appreciating me DOC claiming early on, and Sunlit for our early disagreement on wagons forming.

All of that said and after going through all of the votes that were and were not on the N_M wagon, and considering this post and the last, the only three I can point a finger as scum suspects at are:

1. Gödel

2. Raya

and a distant

3. Vijarada

Im going to UNVOTE: Vijarada and VOTE: Gödel since he's my number one suspect at the moment.
Is that fucking batman?: Zachstralkita
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Post by Gödel »

Spoiler: Gorny
In post 572, Gorny wrote:(Unvoted N_M some time before the deadline)

(From N_M's ISO when CTRL+F "Gödel"
N_M had Gödel pretty high on his reads list.

Of note is N_M's ,

in particular: "Still think Godel is town, don't want him as compromise lynch, I don't have the energy to respond to Inferno right now Will lynch in Vijarda, Tywin, Sunlit, Raya

N_M never really talks to Gödel in game, never engages Gödel in any argument, and clearly states he does not want a Gödel lynch.

Based on the above, Gödel seems scummy but...

By that logic I think I can be buddied up with pretty much everyone, I had pretty much no interaction with anyone on day one due to my VLA, just as a counter strategy budding up to an inactive player when you are mafia, when the inactive player can't stop it is a nice strategy as mafia to get a miss lynch if you ever flip scum(I know it works well because I have done it in the past).

Take into account Gödel's ISO and looking over what Gödel says regarding N_M:

In Gödel states:
Not_Mafia: scum lean
- his readlist seems very flimsy, I shouldn't be at the top, i checked my iso and i pretty much made 0 contribution to this game.
- he spams a lot and seems to fake engagment
- I would say over half his posts are useless
I stand by this read, and oddly I am calling him out for the same thing you are calling me out for.

For acidpheonix like I said I just skimmed a couple of games quickly Newbie 1805, Micro 731, and Mini 1943. I just pretty much picked 3 random games(a newbie, a mini and a micro) so it isn't even close to a representative sample.
(I was pretty much at the gym the whole evening first doing some cardio and then swimming, hitting the sauna steam bath etc so I was on my phone I was responding to someones question but it was a bit of a pain to find them so I could quote them)

Sorry that my readlist in unsatisfactory to you, I would just rather play it safe than sorry. Also most of the game was just tunneling between 2 guys and the rest of the players mainly "hidding" so it is hard to get a proper read.
ditto

I will be online for another 2-3 hours probably if anyone wants to discuss anything before the day is up, but Not_Mafia's last couple of posts haven't changed my feelings.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Gödel puts N_M at L-1 here, then later (a half hour later) mentions it's L-1.
again at the gym and forgot to mention it hence the delay
Acid Hard Claims DOC in there.
no he didn't, i specifically asked him if he would counter claim before I unvoted
Gödel then unvotes and says he won' t lynch a DOC claim. (. there's no quote of a previous post, but it seems to be in response to Tywin's
yep, again gym quoting is a pain, the button is so small and I have big finngers

Of note here is of Gödel is town and thought N-M was scum, why unvote N_M when Acid Hardclaimed? Believing Acid's hard claim is reason to keep a vote on a claim you think is false, I.E. N_M
Yes I unovoted, again get the time lime straight, acid didn't hard claim, i specifically asked if he would counter claim, and he didn't hence the unvote. At that point I was on my way home and I was tiered and we had 3 doc claims/hints, You, acid and N_M, I didn't want to risk lynching a doc on day 1. In retrospect of course an even night doc would be stupid in a micro sized game it would rather be a 1 shot doc or something of the like, but again 11PM on a friday night, i am a bit sleepy at that point

IF Gödel is Scum, then unvoting N_M after Acid's hard claim makes more sense. Scum know who the doc is now, or at least, know that the DOC is between me and Acid. Since Acid Hardclaimed, it makes sense for scum to go after Acid instead of me. Gödel's unvote then was in hopes of N-M surviving the day. But N_M got lynched.
Unvoting at that stage as mafia would be oh so very stupid, as mafia yes finding out who the doc is, is nice but not very high on my importance list. I would much rather fly under the radar. Plus that strategy just plain old sucks, cus as soon as acid flipped doc after the NK, N_M would have gotten lynched in a hurry, I am sorry but the theory really seems very implausible. And as mafia I have no problem lynching my buddy, hell I would even start a wagon on my buddy if I thought it would guarantee my faction a victory.

Gödel can you explain yourself here?
I hope I have done so

I put my reply in a spoiler tag so it isn't a huge wall of pain.

@Gorny why did you decided to use that strategy when it failed so drastically in the game you quoted? (hell it failed in the same way it did this time) I replaced into that game and if you read the post game discussion you saw that the strategy wasn't really ranked that highly, especially in games with mainly beginners, and since except me there is no one here that played that game that would have known about this it just seems bound to repeat the same pattern as the last game .(I used to go by Faraday1791). This line of questioning is not intended to suggest that gorny is scum I am sure he is vanilla, and just used a stupid strategy and I am trying to get some insight why someone would use it, the question can also be ignored by gorny if he doesn't have time or wants to discuss this.

however I am saying BS to the theory that anyone NM was willing to lynch suggest they are town, it is NAI. I would push my scum buddy and not just give him a free pass. A better indication is how someones opinion gradually changes throughout the game on a player since that is harder to fake.
In post 544, Inferno390 wrote:At least there's only one Mafioso left though.
Too bad we don't know what the setup is, if it was newbie we'd know there was a cop...
Why are you fishing? Has your read list changed since going over day 1?

Going to post a bit more after lunch on the rest of you guys
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Gödel »

I am putting stuff in spoilers so no one notices that this is a semi wall of pain ;)

Spoiler: Vijarada
Holy crap you have a lot of spam posts.
In post 514, Vijarada wrote:uh i'm also a doctor i thought this was a newbie-like normal game
Why would you be trolling at a time when, atleast I was already a bit confused and I assume so where other players since acid had to hard claim to clear up any confusion.
In post 478, Vijarada wrote:whew ok 5 hours chaps

VOTE: Sunlit

no lynch=bad. Pretty sure this is an awful lynch. But let's just quicklynch him now, yeah? No lynches suck.
Why would you push for a quicklynch that is awful? Over all you seemed pretty lynch happy as the day ended, you voted for Gorny, Acid, not mafia, sunlit and then back to not mafia did you really think all of them where scum? Where do you stand today after the acid and not mafia flip?
Spoiler: Sunlit Diamond
In post 475, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Bleh. The one thing I know in this scenario is that it is never a good idea to lynch a PR claim without discussion, even if it's a ridiculous one.

UNVOTE: N_M
In post 484, Sunlit Diamond wrote:It doesn't matter because I unvoted. We / you can discuss the merit of his claim in tomorrow's day phase.

Vij: druther a no lynch than lynching a PR claim.
In post 494, Sunlit Diamond wrote:Ugh this is the part of mafia I dislike.

I think I dun fucked up, by having the subtle touch of a brick wall.

Please don't lynch N_M. There are town reasons to let him live. I might be totally wrong, but I'd rather find out I was wrong tomorrow than find out I was right tonight.
In post 531, Sunlit Diamond wrote:VOTE: N_M

Actual doctor claim trumps lolclaim. If you actually are a PR I'd love to know what your angle was post game.
You saw that NMs claim was false but still unvoted, why did you unvote you could have also just said no one hammer him till we discuss the claim, I mean pretty much everyone was online at that point except for me. Your change of heart just seems a bit odd could you explain you thought process over those 4 posts? I saw your but it doesn't add up with the first post I quoted considering that you all but stated there that you thought it was a fake claim. You also seem to have a record of unvoting when ever you are pushed by other people about your choice of votes(referring to gorny and NM, still have to do some more digging on you Vij vote).
Spoiler: TywinL
Do you have anything on sunlit other than his pushing gorny?
Also please don't antagonize inferno anymore I don't want to waste so much time between your squabbling anymore

coming back tonight to finish the rest and revisit TywinL since I already started losing motivation and time when i did his
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

I'm functioning on four hours of sleep, so bear with me please.

My Initial Horny read was based on his "that's a lie" read on me. It was super strong for a reason that bore no weight. However, it was also early in the game, and in reflection I thought it was a reaction test and stopped viewing it as scummy. Especially with the lite doc claim.

With N_M...I think I gave my reasoning pretty clearly about why I voted him initially (he was actively contributing to a time wasting situation, and TR my one hard town read). I backed off because we were short on time and I was approaching a point where I couldn't stay up to date by the minute. Acid said his role was ridiculous and it felt like it was, but I don't yet have the intuitive grasp of such things myself. Rather than risk having scum hammer a PR while I figured it out, I unvoted.

Acid's claim was emotion-driven and genuine. If he was Doctor, and I believed him, then N_M's claim couldn't be coming from town. So I revoted.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Omg. Gorny. Not Horny.

I'm going to go die now.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

P-edit #2:

(he was actively contributing to a time wasting situation, and
trolling
my one hard town read).
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Gorny »

Lol.
Is that fucking batman?: Zachstralkita
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:17 am

Post by TywinL »

Oh trust me, I am gonna refrain from any unnecessary conversations with Inferno here on out.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:22 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 579, Gödel wrote:Do you have anything on sunlit other than his pushing gorny?
Yeah. I said some other stuff on Day 1. Upon my reread of the game, I had a feeling that Sunlit's offer on how to play the game right was actually calculated so Sunlit wouldn't end up in a 1v1 with Inferno like I did.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:24 am

Post by TywinL »

Sunlit is still trying to claim some credit for yesterday's lynch, nice.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:32 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

If writing down what I did is claiming credit, then yes. I suppose I am.

Odd that you're so fixated on discrediting me. Might it have something to do with the fact that I hard town read Inferno, but have no interest in doing the same for you?
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

In post 587, Sunlit Diamond wrote:If writing down what I did is claiming credit, then yes. I suppose I am.
To be explicitly clear, this is sarcasm. Acid made that lynch happen. All I did was vote- and provide explanation for my decisions when asked
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 587, Sunlit Diamond wrote:If writing down what I did is claiming credit, then yes. I suppose I am.

Odd that you're so fixated on discrediting me. Might it have something to do with the fact that I hard town read Inferno, but have no interest in doing the same for you?
Not at all.

Given what you did on Day 1 with N_M, it is very easy to simply say that you were just bussing.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

I think you need to review my history some more.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

So I'm took a page from a friend by the name of Porkens, and wrote down my thoughts on a Word doc as I want along day 1. Here they are:

Spoiler: Thoughts
My first thought is that jumping all over Vij for his self-vote during RVS, in hindsight, was
stupid
. Just a dumb move on my part.
Raya and I have a decent conversation on why I did it after. My reasoning for the FoS is alright, I guess, but it was still pretty dumb considering what follows.
TywinL throw his vote at me, starting “his reaction test.” I don’t really understand this exchange here: He says it’s a reaction test, but the testing should have ended post #35.
There is grilling from several angles about my FoS, and the only ones that seem real are Raya and Sunlit. TywinL seems pretty fake.
I think Ty makes some good points on my FoS being bad, but then he hides it in accusations of being scum and pushing my reasoning to the extreme. He basically says that I’ve accused Vij of being scum, which is not what I did at all.
Now given, my terminology was off throughout this 1v1, but still.
I’m noticing a trend of Ty manipulating my words to fit his attacks on me. Especially noticeable in post #49, point 3.
Now that N_M has come out as scum, it does put a different light on my idea of him voting Vij to give Ty a strong case. Then again, it could also be a coincidence, or just Mafia trying to stir things up with the FoS already a problem.
Another thing is that the longer this goes on with Ty, the less anti-town Vij’s self-vote looks (which I’ve said before, but I’ll restate here). Ty makes a good point about it being NAI. But I also see a lot of manipulating my posts to make me look worse than I actually am.
The “reaction test” reveal comes on post #58. Given the timing, this seems like an attempt to 1) make my vote look bad, and 2) to throw off the 1v1, which was not looking great for Ty at that point. And then he uses that claim to defend all his posts before that.
Posts #65 and #66: This is where the 1v1 starts falling apart (for me at least). It also shows that Sunlit has been paying a bit of attention to the battle, and also shows a move to get to other reads.
Gorny makes a good point about wagons in post #68. Sunlit makes a good response post #73. They have a little 1v1, which has lasted on and off for a while.
I do feel like Raya is doing a good job defending herself I think, and there’s not much from Vij.
Sunlit’s investigation of the “reaction test” on post #92 seems good.
Post #93 still screams Straw Man to me.
The longer the Ty 1v1 goes on, the worse Ty’s arguments get. He eventually stops responding to my points altogether…
And pulls some bull, like in post #124.
I hate how Gorny pushes his 1v1 in #128 after it’s been dead for so long.
Raya seems to grill Acid pretty well. I like that.
Going to skip the entire 1v1 with N_M…
The more I reread Ty, the worse he sounds tbh.
I like #234, despite the obvious knocks at me. It seems legit.
Another thing I notice is that Ty will take my posts out of context, then get all offended when I point it out and act like he didn’t. But when you go back and look at my posts within the thread, it’s blatantly obvious that he’s taking them out of context to make me look bad. That’s some pretty hard Straw Manning.
Posts #244 to #248 seem pretty towny on Vij’s part.
Post #264 seems real. Until point E. Point E is pretty meh.
Reading post #270 makes me laugh. Ty accuses me of BS when all I’ve done is try to make valid points? Come on man, I’ve even agreed with you on the fact that Vij’s RVS wasn’t that bad. I think the only one that’s full of BS around here is you.
Gorny’s softclaim is kinda out of nowhere. I don’t like that, despite his arguments as to why he did it.
“Maybe Raya” in post #285 both gets me thinking and gives me hives. On one hand, Raya hasn’t done much. On the other, no one’s done that much beyond Ty and me. Either way, probably shouldn’t have said some meh gut reaction out loud.
Post #288 and the N_M train finally gets started! Woo woo!
Ty says he’s scumreading me for not letting up on Vij, which I did do. How many holes does his scumread have?
Ty seems to latch onto anything that I do. Now granted, I haven’t had a great game, but still, some of the things he’s said are scummy too.
Godel’s reads on post #308 seems good.
Starting #323, Raya looks like she’s scumreading me, but it also feels like she tries too hard to find reasons to do it.
N_M basically tells everyone I’m town in #348. Of course, since he’s scum, that could mean anything, but still…
I feel like Ty’s reads seem rather weak as D1 drags on.
A good read from Raya #371. Even though it has me at scum, it does explain everything pretty clearly.
#386: “validating wikivomit.” I’d like to point out that picking up tips from the wiki in an attempt to find scumtells is a perfectly legit way to play. No one would validate anything. If we lynched Ty and he came out scum, it would just mean that I was right that he was scum.
Post #400: The first real feeling read I’ve gotten from Ty all game!
And the Ty I know is back in #404.
Ty gets trashed in his 1v1 with Sunlit. Good for you, Sunlit!
Acid and N_M’s 1v1 what might have been the signal for scum that acid was the real doctor.
Post #478 (Vij) makes me nervous. It seems pretty scummy to me.
Post #494 looks like Sunlit trying to back off the lynch. Maybe he was bussing a scumpartner and realized he’d done it too hard…?
All the doctor claims pg 21 OMG!
First Raya wants me lynched, and out of nowhere calls for intent to hammer, and then complains about me holding up the lynch.
We lynch the scum PR day 1! YAY!

After this, my readlist is now:

Town: Inferno390

Towny: Godel

Leaning town: Gorny

Null: Raya

Leaning scum: Sunlit
Pretty scummy: Vij

Most likely to get my vote: TywinL

VOTE: TywinL

Now I'm off to my band concert, I'll check back in tomorrow!
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 am

Post by TywinL »

Do I have permission to wall post and refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 am

Post by TywinL »

Your sudden scumread on Sunlit makes zero sense.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

Wait, I trashed Tywin in a 1v1?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am

Post by TywinL »

Tbh, even though Inferno is scummy as fuck, I think he might just be a bad townie.
Sunlit Diamond
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Sunlit Diamond
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Sunlit Diamond »

He's a terrible townie, but he is town.

I'm interested in Gorny's Godel read, and curious if Godel has something to say about it.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 557, Gorny wrote:Raya guess you don't know much about how the doc gambit works. The real doc isn't supposed to claim. The gambiting player then hopefully gets NK'd, drawing the NK and the real doc lives for the night.

Acid fucked up the gambit by hard claiming doc to get NM lynched, that should have been done at the start of this day, not before. I might have died, but NM still would have been lynched and town would have had more to go on as to who the other scum are.
Never came across a doc gambit, so I've never seen it in play before. I still don't see why you just assumed there was a doc though.
You also did not mention NM's Bullshit doc claim until later on, which was an attempt tby NM not to get lynched. Funny that.
What do you mean by this? My first post after he claimed I mentioned it. It was when I was still working out whether he was lying or not and I suggested we don't quicklynch a pr claim.
In post 559, Gorny wrote:Some things don't make sense.

Scenario 1: If I was scum, why would I claim DOC so early in the game
especially
since it's a closed setup and no one knew if there was a DOC or not that early. That does not seem to play towards a scum wincon, in that I'd be possibly sacrificing myself if the real DOC CC'd and either got me lynched, or ended up lynched himself. I'd be lynched the next day. Leaving my partner as sole scum who may or may not get caught, the chances for a scum loss in this scenario go up instead of down in my opinion.

Scenario 2: If I was scum and N_M my partner, me DOC Gambiting mages no sense when paired with N_M claiming any type of DOC. In that situation, one of us gets lynched for sure. So regardless of my interaction with N_M, the thought that we are scum partners holds no water.
These are fair points that I didn't really think about. 543 at first sounded a lot like you were trying to come up with a reason for claiming doc when really you are scum that claimed doc and was hoping for no counterclaims. I've never seen a doc gambit before so I didn't think that this was a common thing town did plus it is true that scum probably wouldn't risk this and especially if you're partner did the same.

UNVOTE:

In post 564, TywinL wrote:
In post 554, Raya36 wrote:VOTE: gorny
I thought you were better than this. :neutral:
Sorry! Thought he was scum but I realize that I'm probably wrong now. :oops: It was a weird move to make imo but I see how it's much more likely to come from town than from scum now.
In post 577, Gorny wrote:
In post 283, Not_Mafia wrote: Will lynch in Vijarda, Tywin, Sunlit, Raya
If N_M was willing to lynch Vijarada, Tywin, Sunlit and Raya, that seems to suggest that all four are town..
I know you already know this but I just wanted to say that we shouldn't rely too heavily on stuff like this since it isn't uncommon for scum to scumlean their partners.
In post 577, Gorny wrote:
And Raya -

NM had Raya as a scum lean, .

As to Raya's ISO:

Raya liked N_M as town
BUT
took issue with N_M's , though the red flag for Raya is her specifically asking for someone else to hammer. If she is N_M's scum partner and knew N_M would flip scum, then it would make sense for her to be on N_M's wagon early on and let a confirmed town hammer. Then she doesn't hammer her own partner.

but

It's totally possible that she's Town and was fine with lynching N_M.
If I recall correctly I stated intent to hammer at one point then realized that NM wasn't actually at L-1 so I put him at L-1. I definitely would have hammered him if he actually was at L-1 like I thought.
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 596, Sunlit Diamond wrote:He's a terrible townie, but he is town.

I'm interested in Gorny's Godel read, and curious if Godel has something to say about it.
check my post spoiler at the top, i think i replied to everything if i didn't feel free to point it out

and back to get an idea who I will vote for
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 591, Inferno390 wrote:So I'm took a page from a friend by the name of Porkens, and wrote down my thoughts on a Word doc as I want along day 1. Here they are:

Spoiler: Thoughts
My first thought is that jumping all over Vij for his self-vote during RVS, in hindsight, was
stupid
. Just a dumb move on my part.
Raya and I have a decent conversation on why I did it after. My reasoning for the FoS is alright, I guess, but it was still pretty dumb considering what follows.
TywinL throw his vote at me, starting “his reaction test.” I don’t really understand this exchange here: He says it’s a reaction test, but the testing should have ended post #35.
There is grilling from several angles about my FoS, and the only ones that seem real are Raya and Sunlit. TywinL seems pretty fake.
I think Ty makes some good points on my FoS being bad, but then he hides it in accusations of being scum and pushing my reasoning to the extreme. He basically says that I’ve accused Vij of being scum, which is not what I did at all.
Now given, my terminology was off throughout this 1v1, but still.
I’m noticing a trend of Ty manipulating my words to fit his attacks on me. Especially noticeable in post #49, point 3.
Now that N_M has come out as scum, it does put a different light on my idea of him voting Vij to give Ty a strong case. Then again, it could also be a coincidence, or just Mafia trying to stir things up with the FoS already a problem.
Another thing is that the longer this goes on with Ty, the less anti-town Vij’s self-vote looks (which I’ve said before, but I’ll restate here). Ty makes a good point about it being NAI. But I also see a lot of manipulating my posts to make me look worse than I actually am.
The “reaction test” reveal comes on post #58. Given the timing, this seems like an attempt to 1) make my vote look bad, and 2) to throw off the 1v1, which was not looking great for Ty at that point. And then he uses that claim to defend all his posts before that.
Posts #65 and #66: This is where the 1v1 starts falling apart (for me at least). It also shows that Sunlit has been paying a bit of attention to the battle, and also shows a move to get to other reads.
Gorny makes a good point about wagons in post #68. Sunlit makes a good response post #73. They have a little 1v1, which has lasted on and off for a while.
I do feel like Raya is doing a good job defending herself I think, and there’s not much from Vij.
Sunlit’s investigation of the “reaction test” on post #92 seems good.
Post #93 still screams Straw Man to me.
The longer the Ty 1v1 goes on, the worse Ty’s arguments get. He eventually stops responding to my points altogether…
And pulls some bull, like in post #124.
I hate how Gorny pushes his 1v1 in #128 after it’s been dead for so long.
Raya seems to grill Acid pretty well. I like that.
Going to skip the entire 1v1 with N_M…
The more I reread Ty, the worse he sounds tbh.
I like #234, despite the obvious knocks at me. It seems legit.
Another thing I notice is that Ty will take my posts out of context, then get all offended when I point it out and act like he didn’t. But when you go back and look at my posts within the thread, it’s blatantly obvious that he’s taking them out of context to make me look bad. That’s some pretty hard Straw Manning.
Posts #244 to #248 seem pretty towny on Vij’s part.
Post #264 seems real. Until point E. Point E is pretty meh.
Reading post #270 makes me laugh. Ty accuses me of BS when all I’ve done is try to make valid points? Come on man, I’ve even agreed with you on the fact that Vij’s RVS wasn’t that bad. I think the only one that’s full of BS around here is you.
Gorny’s softclaim is kinda out of nowhere. I don’t like that, despite his arguments as to why he did it.
“Maybe Raya” in post #285 both gets me thinking and gives me hives. On one hand, Raya hasn’t done much. On the other, no one’s done that much beyond Ty and me. Either way, probably shouldn’t have said some meh gut reaction out loud.
Post #288 and the N_M train finally gets started! Woo woo!
Ty says he’s scumreading me for not letting up on Vij, which I did do. How many holes does his scumread have?
Ty seems to latch onto anything that I do. Now granted, I haven’t had a great game, but still, some of the things he’s said are scummy too.
Godel’s reads on post #308 seems good.
Starting #323, Raya looks like she’s scumreading me, but it also feels like she tries too hard to find reasons to do it.
N_M basically tells everyone I’m town in #348. Of course, since he’s scum, that could mean anything, but still…
I feel like Ty’s reads seem rather weak as D1 drags on.
A good read from Raya #371. Even though it has me at scum, it does explain everything pretty clearly.
#386: “validating wikivomit.” I’d like to point out that picking up tips from the wiki in an attempt to find scumtells is a perfectly legit way to play. No one would validate anything. If we lynched Ty and he came out scum, it would just mean that I was right that he was scum.
Post #400: The first real feeling read I’ve gotten from Ty all game!
And the Ty I know is back in #404.
Ty gets trashed in his 1v1 with Sunlit. Good for you, Sunlit!
Acid and N_M’s 1v1 what might have been the signal for scum that acid was the real doctor.
Post #478 (Vij) makes me nervous. It seems pretty scummy to me.
Post #494 looks like Sunlit trying to back off the lynch. Maybe he was bussing a scumpartner and realized he’d done it too hard…?
All the doctor claims pg 21 OMG!
First Raya wants me lynched, and out of nowhere calls for intent to hammer, and then complains about me holding up the lynch.
We lynch the scum PR day 1! YAY!

After this, my readlist is now:

Town: Inferno390

Towny: Godel

Leaning town: Gorny

Null: Raya

Leaning scum: Sunlit
Pretty scummy: Vij

Most likely to get my vote: TywinL

VOTE: TywinL

Now I'm off to my band concert, I'll check back in tomorrow!
Curious about why I'm null. I mean, I've posted 50 some times. There should be enough content for you to at least have a lean either way. Also, TLDR, so I kind of scanned through that spoiler. Is there anything you directed at me that you want a responce to?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”