Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Yes. Congrats.

I actually was thinking it was BTD6 at first in the dead thread because Lyan didn't spoil it, but hinted at it. It looked to me like he was hinting at BTD6, but after you lynched hin, he told me it was hopkirk and I was like. Town lost.
so...i don't get enough sleep
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'd like to see the dead thread.

Also I'm super curious about The Mystery of Night Two.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1226, Papa Zito wrote:I'd like to see the dead thread.

Also I'm super curious about The Mystery of Night Two.
Would you buy that everything went exactly according to my plan?
As Lykan said, I'd probably look better if I didn't answer/the scum topic wasn't released.

I was very surprised when UC died. I did intend to ignite there, but i also made a mistake. I was completely sure I'd targetted Papa Zito the previous night (since I'd used an RNG and distinctly remember one of his numbers coming up). Somehow I sent the wrong name (UC was one of the four people I considered picking, but the lowest chance I'd pick). I don't remember how this happened, either I got the names mixed up, or I copied the wrong name and didn't check it.

My full motivations are in the mafia topic, but one of them was that I really wanted to avoid the Cabd/Hopkirk/PZ/Micc lylo. My plan was to kill PZ, the prime Micc twice while lynching North/Cheeky/BTD/UC. I assumed people would go with the scum wouldn't bus logic, and I wanted to keep the arguments in thread going. Some reasons to get rid of PZ include that he seemed really town, and didn't have a stated townread on me (which is why I wanted him to go over Micc), him dying didn't affect when lylo would be, I could use his death for general wifom/to test if Cabd was on him, and I could get rid of without getting rid of a town v town conflict (eg, I wanted BTD/UC to continue fighting since they seemed like the two tougher lynches to push through).
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Oh yeah, before doing the N2 ignite I asked Lycan what he’d do if there was an empty slot during the night (randomise action) if 1.) he would extend deadline until Cheeky could be replaced (no), and 2.) If he could confirm in thread what he’d do if there was an empty slot (which he wouldn’t).
This almost made me reconsider killing since I thought bringing it up might look a little scummy (correctly, given BTD’s reaction to Micc), but I decided killing PZ was still worth it in the end.

Obviously, I pushed UC without realizing I had her primed. Staying off the wagons of confirmed towns was one reason for that.
Assigned a low probability to targeting Cabd during the night.
I found it funny Regfan said 'There's no way Hopkirk would have targetted PZ n1', given I’d been 100% sure that I had (to the extent I didn’t see any reason to check).
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Papa Zito »

That's hilarious. Given how this went down I wish I had taken the bullet instead.
In post 1184, Micc wrote:
In post 1176, Papa Zito wrote:our views of the game have been in sync.
yeah. this is what scares me and you haven't been able to make me feel better about it.
How do you feel about this now.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Fun game to watch after getting lynched. I remember feeling a little frustrated early, since I knew I needed to "solve" but picking a target was hard. NSG, SS, and (mostly) CT were friendly and I didn't want to alienate them. The slot that UCV eventually filled was inactive. BTD was inactive, then friendly. Cabd was confirmed town, and I thought attacking Micc was risky because OMGUS.

That RC vote thing was a bit unfortunate, especially as it really was an oversight rather than deliberately voting an empty slot. I just wanted to do a cowbell joke.

I cringe a bit reading through the early part of the day but I guess not being used to the micro format I just felt exposed with nowhere to hide.

At any rate, by the time I got lynched I felt reasonably confident, since I thought NSG, CT, UCV, and BTD were fairly easy mislynches, and if all went well with the prining, game over. Was pretty startled at the n2 result for sure, and much much less confident after that.

I agree that the setup would be better if the doc couldn't self-protect.

Thanks everyone, good game, and thanks to Lycan and Aristophanes.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am

Post by northsidegal »

good game and well played to everyone. thanks to lycan for moderating.

this was probably among my worst performances in a game so far - apologies if i let people down.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 1229, Papa Zito wrote:How do you feel about this now.
Pretty stupid. Comes across as being overly paranoid now, but it was a genuine concern at the time.

I'm still trying to identify what went wrong in this game. I went from being on auto pilot to overanalyzing at just the wrong time. Possibly a byproduct of me not generally being a town-blocking type of player. Possibly its just that my performance would have earned me a night kill before lylo under normal mechanics and not being used to this type of situation. Possibly had to do with being my first game back after a year plus break.

Can't win em all I guess.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Dead Thread
Mod PT
Mafia thread, maybe

Are we getting access to these?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 am

Post by UC Voyager »

the dead thread is just me mourning over my terrible play
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:06 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1234, UC Voyager wrote:the dead thread is just me mourning over my terrible play
and me getting false hope in the game
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

The mod QT/night actions is the main thing I wanted to see.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I expected Regfan to come and pontificate at some point, I'm disappointed.
In post 1232, Micc wrote:I'm still trying to identify what went wrong in this game. I went from being on auto pilot to overanalyzing at just the wrong time. Possibly a byproduct of me not generally being a town-blocking type of player. Possibly its just that my performance would have earned me a night kill before lylo under normal mechanics and not being used to this type of situation. Possibly had to do with being my first game back after a year plus break.
Here's what I think went wrong:

1. You and I were completely overconfident after Day 1.
2. Cabd did absolutely nothing with his confirmed town status.
3. NSG and Cheeky misplayed on Chip and didn't do much to right the ship.
4. BTD didn't play the game.

Your performance would have absolutely earned you a nightkill in a typical game yes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Sorry for the delay. Copying and pasting that on my phone was physically painful. Game mvp goes out to my laptop for booting up one last time for the end of game post.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Also hopkirk was pretty good too. Despite what he said ITT he ignited nearly a full day before asking about Cheekyteeky.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Micc »

Thanks for modding Lycanfire. Really shitty that you had to deal with the triple replacement thing. I understand how a situation like that can ruin the enjoyment that comes with moderating a game having been in a similar situation myself once. I'm grateful that you allowed this game to continue, because as much as it sucks to have lost from such good position - I still enjoyed this game.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I don’t think there was any point during the game where I thought to myself that there’d been a problem with the modding.
In post 1239, Lycanfire wrote:Also hopkirk was pretty good too. Despite what he said ITT he ignited nearly a full day before asking about Cheekyteeky.
Oh right, I meant before finalising rather than before doing, but, the ignite had nothing to do with Cheeky. I asked about Cheeky the same time as I submitted the ignite since I was wondering if she was/why she wasn’t being replaced, but I didn’t think the response was atypical.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 am

Post by Papa Zito »

This game ended up feeling like the games we had 4-5 years ago. No spamposting, no memes, just people trying to Figure Out The Puzzle.

It was nice.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1237, Papa Zito wrote:I expected Regfan to come and pontificate at some point, I'm disappointed.
In post 1232, Micc wrote:I'm still trying to identify what went wrong in this game. I went from being on auto pilot to overanalyzing at just the wrong time. Possibly a byproduct of me not generally being a town-blocking type of player. Possibly its just that my performance would have earned me a night kill before lylo under normal mechanics and not being used to this type of situation. Possibly had to do with being my first game back after a year plus break.
Here's what I think went wrong:

1. You and I were completely overconfident after Day 1.
2. Cabd did absolutely nothing with his confirmed town status.
3. NSG and Cheeky misplayed on Chip and didn't do much to right the ship.
4. BTD didn't play the game.

Your performance would have absolutely earned you a nightkill in a typical game yes.
I think this is missing the main point a bit, but is partially correct.
1. Definitely.
2. A bit harsh. But yes, could have done more.
3. Again, a bt harsh. NSG and CT weren't the only ones townreading me. BTD and SS did too, and it's unlikely Micc would have got the traction to lynch me if PZ hadn't replaced in. And, perhaps if i hadn't picked a fight with PZ, not even then (?)
4. BTD did join the game, but he allowed himself to be pocketed and, after I was dead, went off on a logical tangent to nowhere.

I believe the real key to town's failure is ro be found on d5. All the easy mislynches were out of the way, and remaining town were Cabd, Micc, PZ, with input from stump Regfan and, to a lesser extent, others. All the players i named there were diligent and cautious and thoughtful. They are all good players imo. But all this was to no avail because the associations laid down by Hopkirk and me were damn exquisite. They were opaque even to the diligent scrutiny given them on the final day. I did probably go wrong in not reacting harder to UCV's entrance. Apart from that, there were enough bombs in my interactions waiting to be "discovered" by scumhunters that mislynches were almost inevitable. It was fascinating, actually, to watch essentially the four of you give it your very best shot on d5, but still get it wrong. I don't think it reflects badly on any of you. You made the right decision based on what had been posted throughout the game. You just got misled by the misleaders.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1242, Papa Zito wrote:This game ended up feeling like the games we had 4-5 years ago. No spamposting, no memes, just people trying to Figure Out The Puzzle.

It was nice.
I wasn't around back then, but i agree that the site has deteriorated since mid-2016 when I first played here, and that it was a fascinating game.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Chip Butty »

And i have to say Hopkirk played his part really well. I don't think i would have found him either.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Also, I didn't have any problems with the modding, apart from the game being neglected for a few days. Thanks Lycan! Hope you don't get so many replacements next time...
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Aristophanes »

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”