Micro 745: Beyond Death [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 499, Micc wrote:Isn't TheThawClown your alt? What happened on that one UC?
You mean he replaced himself in this game? :eek:
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 499, Micc wrote:Isn't TheThawClown your alt? What happened on that one UC?
I asked the mod if i could use this account in stead because im having trouble posting on the other.....if it would work, i would use it, but for now, i will use my main
so...i don't get enough sleep
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Micc »

Ok, so when you replaced in earlier you read the thread or no?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 502, Micc wrote:Ok, so when you replaced in earlier you read the thread or no?
i am half way through or so
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Micc »

So that's a no? Kinda wierd to me to have the slot that long and not have started the catch-up process already. Regardless, looking forward to seeing what you have to say.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Micc »

I'm all caught up from the weekend. Cheeky has me kinda weirded out with the whole thing about Hopkirks case on northsidegal. I think I buy what she's saying but I want to go back and fact check how everything went down when I have more time tomorrow. Hopkirks analysis continues to line up almost identically to mine which I like. Chip butty continues to be some type of fascinated with or bitter about me and no one else which I still don't think makes sense if he's town. I was town reading Sobelov and I like where papa zito vote is so Im kinda ok letting him be unimpressive but I can't see that lasting forever. Northsidegals posts aren't memorable which brings up concerns for me as I write this out - hopefully look at that more in the morning.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 505, Micc wrote:Chip butty continues to be some type of fascinated with or bitter about me and no one else which I still don't think makes sense if he's town.
Oh, the irony!

Also a misrep, since I've also read or interacted with Hopkirk, CT, SS, and NSG (partial), BTD only recently became active, UCV is still reading through, and Cabd has claimed.

Bitter, no; fascinated, well, let's just say you do have my attention, no denying that.

BTD ISO coming up, since it is relatively short and he's got the leading wagon...
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 460, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 421, BTD6_maker wrote:I hope that this does not become like Open 642. That was far too inactive and apathetic. It was great for me, because I was scum and the apathy led to two No Lynches, but of course I hope this game doesn't turn out like that.
In post 424, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 422, Micc wrote:Let's start with these:

Have you read the game?
Who do you want lynched today?
I have skimmed the game.

I cannot say I want any one person lynched at the moment. My reads are still very weak and flexible. I will be able to give a better answer later today, perhaps. I do have a very weak scumread on the CheekyTeeky slot, but that slot is being replaced and I will have to read the replacement.
I don't understand how these quotes line up. In one you say you don't want a state of apathy, in the next you say you've only skimmed the game and you ask, for the second time (not quoted part) if anyone has something for you to look at. To me this is asking for direction, when town don't want a state of apathy, they are proactive. You can't fear apathy and yet skim read the game asking for direction, that is very contridictory in intent. The only way I can see this lining up is if you're scum concerned about looking like you care about the game state and not wanting to give away too much with stronger reads or pushes, but looking for someone else's opinions to ride on to divert any blame from yourself.
I don't see any contradiction. Asking for direction was an attempt to avoid apathy, not cause it. When Town don't want a state of apathy, asking for direction can help to avoid that. It is not "very contradictory in intent".

Again, this post looks like another contradiction hunt. This would make your point look like it exposes scum when actually it does not do anything like that. Your "contradiction" is not a contradiction at all.

I have already explained why contradiction hunting benefits scum. If you were Town, you would be more likely to notice (after I have said it) that contradictions are not scum-indicative.

This is a weak-moderate scum read. It's the best vote for now.

VOTE: CheekyTeeky
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 474, CheekyTeeky wrote: Complaining? I said I need more...like more information to make a conclusion. I didn't say omg why is Zito not posting more game content. That's a pretty strong reaction to a pretty neutral statement. Prefacing your post like that makes withholding your read seem more scummy than I'd otherwise find it.
That's a strong reaction? ok

Good thing I'm not too terribly worried about what your read on me is I guess.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Shoulda kept reading.
In post 476, northsidegal wrote:so what are those strong reads zito? any townreads? who do you think is scummy? your predecessor (you replaced kawso, right?) thought i was scum, do you agree?
I do have townreads yes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Chip Butty »

BTD has been avoiding making strong reads, yes, but he is very conscious of that and keeps drawing attention to it, so he definitely not hoping it will go unnoticed. And he is actually right, there hasn't been anything to form a strong read on yet, so i am sympatico. His approach contrasts with the Micc/CT overstate-and-bluff approach to scumhunting, which also has its merits when used correctly. I'm not feeling BTD's CT vote though. I think he probably just a thoughtful, cautious player who will hopefully get stronger reads as the game progresses. If not then can lynch, but i won't be lynching him today.

I think I'll wait for substantial posts from UCV before actually voting. I'm inclined to look at BTD's wagon next. I've been mentioning Micc a fair bit lately, and Zito is ex-SS so probably okay for now, even though he seems to be intent on scumming up the slot. Time to revisit Hopkirk, methinks, esp since i still hold the view that he and Micc are unlikely both to be scum.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Chip Butty »

BTD has been avoiding making strong reads, yes, but he is very conscious of that and keeps drawing attention to it, so he definitely not hoping it will go unnoticed. And he is actually right, there hasn't been anything to form a strong read on yet, so i am sympatico. His approach contrasts with the Micc/CT overstate-and-bluff approach to scumhunting, which also has its merits when used correctly. I'm not feeling BTD's CT vote though. I think he probably just a thoughtful, cautious player who will hopefully get stronger reads as the game progresses. If not then can lynch, but i won't be lynching him today.

I think I'll wait for substantial posts from UCV before actually voting. I'm inclined to look at BTD's wagon next. I've been mentioning Micc a fair bit lately, and Zito is ex-SS so probably okay for now, even though he seems to be intent on scumming up the slot. Time to revisit Hopkirk, methinks, esp since i still hold the view that he and Micc are unlikely both to be scum.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 511, Chip Butty wrote:Zito is ex-SS so probably okay for now, even though he seems to be intent on scumming up the slot.
Hello Chip. Let's talk about this sentence.
Kappa
Just Monika
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Micc »

Seriously Chip. Put a vote into play.

Predit: haha, haven't you realized that Chip's go to method of reading people is that activity=Town, any sign of lurkyness=scum and absent=null.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 512, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 511, Chip Butty wrote:Zito is ex-SS so probably okay for now, even though he seems to be intent on scumming up the slot.
Hello Chip. Let's talk about this sentence.
Sure. If your slot didn't have the SS history behind it, i would be at least have you leaning scum atm.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:23 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 513, Micc wrote:Seriously Chip. Put a vote into play.

Predit: haha, haven't you realized that Chip's go to method of reading people is that activity=Town, any sign of lurkyness=scum and absent=null.
Nopes. Waiting for UCV.

It's probably working out that way in this particular game so far, because no-one is being obviously scummy, but it's not a principle i endorse.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:31 am

Post by UC Voyager »

li won't be able to fully catch up till after school. 7Ntil then, I only make smaller posts when I can
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:45 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Alrighty then.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 513, Micc wrote:Seriously Chip. Put a vote into play.

The Magic Chip Formula.

I'm not really lurking I'm just feeling really confident in my reads. Which is weird but nice. So atm I'm much more interested in supporting my townreads efforts in doing things than trying to drill down on my own.

Other than Chip. I do want to have a chat with Chip. Speaking of which:
In post 514, Chip Butty wrote:Sure. If your slot didn't have the SS history behind it, i would be at least have you leaning scum atm.
oh no

but why
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 518, Papa Zito wrote: The Magic Chip Formula.
Do you want to know how I derived it? I looked at the activity table and noticed I'm the most prolific poster. Since from my own pov at keast I'm also townest, i realised that there is a perfect correlation there. Then i extrapolated to everyone else.

So yes, let's chat. We'll both become towner as we go along. And not to be rude or anything, but i feel you kind of owe it to SS to town it up a bit...
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 519, Chip Butty wrote: So yes, let's chat. We'll both become towner as we go along. And not to be rude or anything, but i feel you kind of owe it to SS to town it up a bit...
rofl I don't owe that guy anything and I sure as hell don't need to "town it up a bit"

Which hey look you've once again made a super vague statement. So here I am asking why you're tossing shade instead of either determining alignment or pushing a wagon. Can you plz solve this mysterious mystery.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 434, Papa Zito wrote:Hello friends I will commence with the reading.
In post 436, Papa Zito wrote:onice
In post 438, Papa Zito wrote:Aight I read the things. This game is surprisingly dense.

Cabd is a big fat liar and I wanna see my file. Where do I send my FOIA request.

VOTE: BTD6
In post 463, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 462, CheekyTeeky wrote:Don't know what to make of this just yet. Need more from Papa.
More what.
In post 473, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 464, CheekyTeeky wrote:Like you read things but what do you think about it all? Did you get any reads? Why are you voting BTD6_MAKER? What made him scummy to you?
yeah see this is a much better post than complaining

I do have reads yes and unlike Friend BTD6 I had no trouble getting strong reads.

I'm voting him for reasons I don't want to get into at this time.
In post 508, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 474, CheekyTeeky wrote: Complaining? I said I need more...like more information to make a conclusion. I didn't say omg why is Zito not posting more game content. That's a pretty strong reaction to a pretty neutral statement. Prefacing your post like that makes withholding your read seem more scummy than I'd otherwise find it.
That's a strong reaction? ok

Good thing I'm not too terribly worried about what your read on me is I guess.
In post 509, Papa Zito wrote:Shoulda kept reading.
In post 476, northsidegal wrote:so what are those strong reads zito? any townreads? who do you think is scummy? your predecessor (you replaced kawso, right?) thought i was scum, do you agree?
I do have townreads yes.
This is the total PZ output before i poked him. Vote on BTD with no stated reason, and repeated assurances thatvyes he has strong townreads and evidence for them, but nothing forthcoming. And he just blows off anyone who expresses suspicion of him, rather than actually engaging them. That's why i said he is scumming up the slot.

Oh, and I'd REALLY be interested in hearing why Micc is willing to sheep onto such a weak-ass vote on BTD.

Okay, I think we're rolling now, at long last.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Ok well that's certainly a list of things I've done. More or less. But you've failed to show why a scum me would be more likely to do them.

:/
Kappa
Just Monika
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Well, can you at least say why you don't want to give your reasons for your BTD vote?

I'm willing to hear you out but you're coming across to me as unnecessarily secretive and evasive. Unnecessarily if you're town, that is...
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Papa Zito »

My dude.

Once again you've dodged the question while throwing shade. I'll ask the question again: Why would scum Zito be more likely to act this way than town Zito.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”