Micro 747: Setup UPick Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

North, that is an extremely dishonest interpretation of my , especially since I had a non rvs reason for my vote on Fenraiser in .
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 119, Hopkirk wrote:Is this (activity rate) indicative of caught scum D1, or scum on the wagon who want it to just tip over for an easy lynch? Still thinking the first, but I'm looking for thoughts from people who've seen this kind of thing before- since I haven't seen a wagon that started in RVS hang like this for so long.
I'm not speaking from past experience, and I'm not sure if the inactivity says anything about the alignment of the inactive players, but one thing I have been thinking about is that Fenraiser doesn't seem all that worried about getting lynched as we head to deadline. Neither of his main pushes have gotten any traction and there's not much talk/drive for a counterwagon. I think this may be indicative of town!Fenraiser, I don't know if scum!Fenraiser (or his potential buddy) would have let so many days go by without fighting harder or looking for some kind of alternative wagon to gain support.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 104, northsidegal wrote:if you'll look at fen's indications of how frustrated he is about being suspected for the setup choice i think
it's entirely plausible to read scum angry at being caught for something so minor in there. also, slight scumread on flubber for the awkward rvs vote discussion
In post 117, northsidegal wrote:
In post 113, Fenraiser wrote:
In post 104, northsidegal wrote:if you'll look at fen's indications of how frustrated he is about being suspected for the setup choice i think it's entirely plausible to read scum angry at being caught for something so minor in there. also, slight scumread on flubber for the awkward rvs vote discussion.
What about the rvs vote discussion was awkward? Also, how does it lead to a slight scumread?
from what i understand i'm expressing the same opinion that you are: it feels like flubber was dodging the question of why he initially voted you, and that seems slightly suspicious. the entire interaction from to is of interest. like, take a look at 78:
In post 78, Flubbernugget wrote:Okay so I'm being grilled on an rvs vote now

I've seen it all
is that so unusual to you? i don't think i've ever been in or read a game where someone
wasn't
questioned about their behavior during rvs. i mean, it's basically what transitions the game out of rvs in the first place.
so why is flubber expressing such a disbelief here? is it some kind of discrediting or attempt to steer the conversation away from a topic he doesn't want to talk about? might be a stretch, but it's worth looking at anyways.

at the same time i'd like to note that i don't scumread flubber for his rvs vote - at worst it's null, and there's nothing wrong with voting someone in rvs for mostly gut reasons or for a simple reason like the setup choice.
that's how you turn your gut reads into substatianted reasons as to someone being scum or town.
These highlighted bits feel scummy to me.

First, the "it's entirely plausible to see Fenraiser as scum" bit seems to be aimed at encouraging his wagon along without actually scumreading Fenraiser.
What is your current read on Fenraiser and why?

Second, what Flubber just pointed out about the disingenuous interpretation of his , which was clearly a response to . AND the extra care to point out that you're not actually scumreading flubber for the RVS vote, makes me think, what is the point of this whole 'slight scumread' and discussion to begin with? Do you think scum!Flubber is bussing his buddy scum!Fenraiser? I have a hard time believing that's what is going on (and a hard time thinking you have that belief either), so why make the first comment about Fen? Who is scummier between Fen and Flubber, and why haven't you gotten more involved in their 1v1, especially if you think Flubber is scummier of the two?

this might be scum northsidegal setting up for a day 2 scumread (Flubber) after the d1 mislynch (Fen)

I don't want Fenraiser at L-1 at the moment
UNVOTE:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Kop

his ISO is empty of any game-solving effort

also, on review this post is bad:
In post 95, Kop wrote:Yes he plays the same way in both alignments but yes I will make points
even if does appear that it's a easy target to go for.
why are worried about looking like you're going after easy targets? Shouldn't you be focused on finding who you think is scum?

My issue with your NM "opportunistic" callout was not because it was NM himself, it was because you were presenting a scumread on NM while also acknowledging that his play was entirely consistent/typical with how he always plays. It bothers me that you speak about him as if he's a lynch to go after and not as if he's an alignment to figure out.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Aronis »

i'm sorry i failed you guys, no pagetop for this vc

Votecount 1.4

---------------------------------------------------------

BluBlake - [1] -
northsidegal
Not_Mafia - [1] -
Raya36
Flubbernugget - [2] -
BluBlake, Kop

Fenraiser - [3] -
Hopkirk, Not_Mafia, Flubbernugget

Hopkirk - [1] -
Fenraiser

Kop - [1] -
GuiltyLion

No Lynch - [0]

Not Voting - [0]

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Mod Notes: Raya36, Kop, and GuiltyLion are all V/LA right now
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-10-25 16:09:05)

---------------------------------------------------------
Events

Day 0 Starts|Day 0 Ends
Day 1 Starts
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 121, Not_Mafia wrote:Will try to catch up later, fail, and put it off again
come on, you can do it, i have faith in you. don't flake on me
In post 122, northsidegal wrote:hey! i resent that prod, it wasn't even 24 hours since my last post and i was still watching the thread!
sorry, i was literally on the fence about whether or not to prod you and just decided why not, next time I won't
In post 123, Raya36 wrote:Sorry about not being on.
V/la until Tuesday
. Probably should have done this earlier.
Noted
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 127, GuiltyLion wrote:These highlighted bits feel scummy to me.

First, the "it's entirely plausible to see Fenraiser as scum" bit seems to be aimed at encouraging his wagon along without actually scumreading Fenraiser. What is your current read on Fenraiser and why?

Second, what Flubber just pointed out about the disingenuous interpretation of his 78, which was clearly a response to 71. AND the extra care to point out that you're not actually scumreading flubber for the RVS vote, makes me think, what is the point of this whole 'slight scumread' and discussion to begin with? Do you think scum!Flubber is bussing his buddy scum!Fenraiser? I have a hard time believing that's what is going on (and a hard time thinking you have that belief either), so why make the first comment about Fen? Who is scummier between Fen and Flubber, and why haven't you gotten more involved in their 1v1, especially if you think Flubber is scummier of the two?

this might be scum northsidegal setting up for a day 2 scumread (Flubber) after the d1 mislynch (Fen)

I don't want Fenraiser at L-1 at the moment
UNVOTE:
like i said - i currently read fenraiser as scum angry at being focused for something so minor. scumread. i think he's cracking under the pressure and i don't really think a lot of the arguments he's been making hold up or make sense.

as for the purpose of the flubber comments, i point out strange or awkward behavior whenver i see it. it's just something i do, and it's gotten me this exact same reaction a lot. it's possible to independently think to people are scummy without necessicarily thinking they're scum partners, it just necessitates that you keep yourself willing to change your read. but to clarify, i scumread fenrasier more than flubber. both of you have said that i've misinterpreted his 71 so i would say it's likely that i probably missed some important context.

you're giving me a lot of credit there as some kind of mastermind if you think i'm setting something up for day two. i was really just trying to get the game moving. we've had a slow pace and it had been a while since i had said anything, so i wanted to comment on the current discussion.
Aronis wrote:
In post 122, northsidegal wrote:hey! i resent that prod, it wasn't even 24 hours since my last post and i was still watching the thread!
sorry, i was literally on the fence about whether or not to prod you and just decided why not, next time I won't
it's fine really, i wasn't really that serious about being mad. if anything it reflects well on you as a mod to be poking all of your players for activity!
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 am

Post by Aronis »

I thought it reflected awful on me cause good mods design interesting games that players want to actively play so I don't have to do that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Does anyone else want to weigh in on the fact that activity is so slow and whether that's indicative of Fenraiser being caught scum?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'd like to know why you think keeping Fenraiser off L1 would do any good for activity
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

well he's been at L-1 on and off the whole day and that didn't do anything for activity

was wondering if anyone else would step up and vote him or if I could get some movement on my Kop vote
BluBlake
BluBlake
Townie
BluBlake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 am

Post by BluBlake »

Hey I'm super sorry I've been inactive. Weekends are generally busy for me and last weekend was especially busy. I'll have more time tonight, but I can answer some questions real quick.
In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:Yeah, but Flubber has also said his read has since "evolved" into a real scumread due to Fenraiser's defense. What do you think about his 57 and 70?
The evolution seems to be flubber not liking fens argument against him. I don't think defending yourself and giving a reason to vote somebody else is a scummy thing to do in fens position.
In post 102, Hopkirk wrote:Same question on 'random vote' I asked earlier.
I think of random votes as more of a dice roll. It might be accompanied by a joke or an extremely arbitrary reason that doesn't really mean anything.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:01 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 133, GuiltyLion wrote:Does anyone else want to weigh in on the fact that activity is so slow and whether that's indicative of Fenraiser being caught scum?
there's not much we can do other than theorize. assuming fen is scum, it's entirely possible that scum are actively lurking in an effort to have as little associatives with him as possible - if the lynch goes through then they make it to day 2 without bad associatives with flipped scum, and by avoiding bussing they can hopefully improve the odds that the wagon fizzles out and doesn't go anywhere. with that in, mind if the lynch does go through and fen flips scum it'd be a good idea to look at who avoided posting and perhaps skirted around the subject. of course, that's not a very original or particularly unique suggestion - analyzing who avoided a wagon on flipped scum is pretty much standard practice.

but like i said, it's all theory. people might have just been busy, or not known what to say. personally, i haven't been busy but i haven't felt like i've had a lot to contribute.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I typically don't expect scum to play as though they can afford to be lynched D1. If they're lurking its out of being bad at scum play imo.

Either way, there's 36 ish hours to deadline and only one viable wagon.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:55 am

Post by northsidegal »

oh wow, didn't realize we were so close to deadline. if nothing extraordinary changes my mind i'm fine hammering fen in 24 hours or so.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:04 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 126, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 119, Hopkirk wrote:Is this (activity rate) indicative of caught scum D1, or scum on the wagon who want it to just tip over for an easy lynch? Still thinking the first, but I'm looking for thoughts from people who've seen this kind of thing before- since I haven't seen a wagon that started in RVS hang like this for so long.
I'm not speaking from past experience, and I'm not sure if the inactivity says anything about the alignment of the inactive players, but one thing I have been thinking about is that Fenraiser doesn't seem all that worried about getting lynched as we head to deadline. Neither of his main pushes have gotten any traction and there's not much talk/drive for a counterwagon. I think this may be indicative of town!Fenraiser, I don't know if scum!Fenraiser (or his potential buddy) would have let so many days go by without fighting harder or looking for some kind of alternative wagon to gain support.
Why would that be indicative of town Fen? Fen has tried to look for other wagons, and he arguably looks like the kind of scum who's irritated he got voted for something NAI.
In post 133, GuiltyLion wrote:Does anyone else want to weigh in on the fact that activity is so slow and whether that's indicative of Fenraiser being caught scum?
I would still like this.
In post 136, BluBlake wrote:Hey I'm super sorry I've been inactive. Weekends are generally busy for me and last weekend was especially busy. I'll have more time tonight, but I can answer some questions real quick.
In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:Yeah, but Flubber has also said his read has since "evolved" into a real scumread due to Fenraiser's defense. What do you think about his 57 and 70?
The evolution seems to be flubber not liking fens argument against him. I don't think defending yourself and giving a reason to vote somebody else is a scummy thing to do in fens position.
In post 102, Hopkirk wrote:Same question on 'random vote' I asked earlier.
I think of random votes as more of a dice roll. It might be accompanied by a joke or an extremely arbitrary reason that doesn't really mean anything.
My second question seems like a really odd thing to respond to there considering the point I was asking this at has passed, and it was asked to specific players (not BB). Seems odd that it's one of the two things BB puts in his catchup post (given he doesn't really weigh in on Fen).
BluBlake
BluBlake
Townie
BluBlake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by BluBlake »

In post 104, northsidegal wrote:if you'll look at fen's indications of how frustrated he is about being suspected for the setup choice i think it's entirely plausible to read scum angry at being caught for something so minor in there. also, slight scumread on flubber for the awkward rvs vote discussion.
I agree that it's easy to read fen as angry scum. I'm struggling between whether it's that or general frustration at being put under so much pressure right away. I've never played in a game where somebody was at L-1 so quickly, but I feel like he reacted like a lot of people would react regardless of alignment.
Yeah I also find it pretty odd that I can't recall any pushes for a counterwagon (that didn't come from Fen) other than Kop voting for Flubber. I have wondered why Fen hasn't moved his vote to Flubber especially since my vote is still there. Perhaps it's scum not wanting to vote together? If we do end up lynching Fen and he flips scum then I'd look at Kop next. But since there hasn't been anything else I'm still leaning toward Fen not being scum.
In post 138, Flubbernugget wrote:I typically don't expect scum to play as though they can afford to be lynched D1. If they're lurking its out of being bad at scum play imo.

Either way, there's 36 ish hours to deadline and only one viable wagon.
You've clearly been confident in Fen being scum so do you think scum must be playing bad or do you think there are people actively trying help save Fen from getting lynched?
BluBlake
BluBlake
Townie
BluBlake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by BluBlake »

In post 140, Hopkirk wrote:My second question seems like a really odd thing to respond to there considering the point I was asking this at has passed, and it was asked to specific players (not BB). Seems odd that it's one of the two things BB puts in his catchup post (given he doesn't really weigh in on Fen).
I was actually just quickly responding to questions that were directed at me. In you quoted me and then asked the question. I assumed that meant you wanted me to answer the question.
In post 102, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 97, BluBlake wrote:I don't really like the wagon on Fen. I didn't get the same vibe from his pre game posting that Lion and Hopkirk seemed to have. Flubber is saying his initial vote was random, but I certainly didn't read it as random especially because 2 other people had placed serious votes on Fen before him. I don't think some of Fen's arguments are great, and I don't really understand his vote on Hopkirk, but his posts seem typical of somebody that got put at L-1 on the first page of the game.
Same question on 'random vote' I asked earlier.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 am

Post by Kop »

In post 103, Raya36 wrote:
In post 60, Kop wrote:
In post 38, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Fenraiser because L-1
Typical Not Mafia, why doesn't that surprise me. Always votes and uses either poor reasons, or poor logic.
I actually don't mind the reasoning for the vote here. It could be better but adding the pressure of a l-1 vote could be a good thing.
In post 101, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't have town reads on Raya, nm, or north, and am comfortable looking in there for a lynch pool
The wording here is interesting. Why not just say this is your lynch pool or the people you are scumleaning. Saying you don't have town reads on them is weird.
Why do you think it's a good thing? It appears more opportunistic than good pressure. Putting Fen at L-1 and possibly leading up to a possible accidental hammer doesn't make sense to me.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 am

Post by Kop »

I will always say and stand by, inactivity is NAI. Simply because the wagon has stalled, that doesn't tell me whether he is town or scum based on that. It either says to me that scum are on the wagon and Fen is town, or Fen is scum but not fighting back because he thinks the wagon might lose traction down the line, and he believes that he might not get any traction on any other wagon because it might appear more survivalist rather than genuinely scum reading someone.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 am

Post by Kop »

In post 128, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Kop

his ISO is empty of any game-solving effort

also, on review this post is bad:
In post 95, Kop wrote:Yes he plays the same way in both alignments but yes I will make points
even if does appear that it's a easy target to go for.
why are worried about looking like you're going after easy targets? Shouldn't you be focused on finding who you think is scum?

My issue with your NM "opportunistic" callout was not because it was NM himself, it was because you were presenting a scumread on NM while also acknowledging that his play was entirely consistent/typical with how he always plays. It bothers me that you speak about him as if he's a lynch to go after and not as if he's an alignment to figure out.
I was hoping that my call out would actually get him to engage with me and I can then get a feeler for what he could be in this game. His game style probably won't change, but I'd actively like to see him put his two pennith in and get his opinions, rather than putting Fen to L-1 and then leave it at that.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Kop »

In post 135, GuiltyLion wrote:well he's been at L-1 on and off the whole day and that didn't do anything for activity

was wondering if anyone else would step up and vote him or if I could get some movement on my Kop vote
Scum could easily be allowing the game to stagnate.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Fenraiser
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 140, Hopkirk wrote:Why would that be indicative of town Fen? Fen has tried to look for other wagons, and he arguably looks like the kind of scum who's irritated he got voted for something NAI.
yes arguably he does look like scum irritated for being voted for something NAI, but I'm worried that he might not be. Especially since he now seems to be the only real attainable lynch, it's an easy walk into D2 for scum if Fen is town.

I guess he loosely tried to push Flubber/Hopkirk wagons, but his move off of Flubber to you doesn't really make sense from a survivalist perspective. Flubber was a CW at L-2 and he moved off of it to vanity vote you, and hasn't moved his vote since.

If we were originally right and Fen is scum then it doesn't matter but I've gotten some cold feet and bad vibes in the last few RL days

regardless we should give him time to claim, someone please give intent to hammer before doing it

VOTE: Fenraiser

L-1
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 141, BluBlake wrote:I have wondered why Fen hasn't moved his vote to Flubber especially since my vote is still there. Perhaps it's scum not wanting to vote together? If we do end up lynching Fen and he flips scum then I'd look at Kop next. But since there hasn't been anything else I'm still leaning toward Fen not being scum.
this is good town reasoning

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”