Micro 753: Votefuckery (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 1272, Gorkington wrote:also did i not read something about maruchan pushing an inno on n_m?
how can you townread maru and push n_m here if so?
According to , the exact opposite. Only reason maru didn't vote NM was because of concern over vote locking.
In post 1273, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1270, A Simple Plan wrote:Okay. Looking back, I seem to have confused some stuff- Alisae's vote was locked ON Sakura, it was not Sakura's vote that was locked. This changes a lot WRT Alisae. Just found it odd that e insisted we avoid a NL, and yet didn't make any votes to push for a lynch as we got closer to deadline.
i'm not sure i believe this. you said that one of the main reasons we didn't have a lynch day one was alisae - it doesn't seem to me like whether or not alisae had a vote would make a difference when it comes to this. presumably what alisae said would be far more important than just the action of placing a vote, hence why a playstyle like not mafia's is less influential than someone more verbose's. like, the fact that alisae couldn't vote shouldn't change your assertion that e was one of the main reasons we didn't have a lynch - just the simple act of voting shouldn't be so influential. if we follow your logic then you
should
be saying that not mafia was the main reason we didn't have a lynch yesterday, for not showing up to hammer.

even more, you didn't answer my question. even if we take it that alisae was not the
main reason
that a no lynch happened yesterday, presumably you're still making the point that e had the goal of a no lynch in mind. the thing is, that still doesn't make sense. again, why would alisae as scum attempt to stop the lynch or try to prevent it, if we take it that you're town and alisae is scum?
Alisae didn't have a vote. I thought e did. E was around after I reached L1 and didn't hammer. I was making the argument that e was giving scum a free NK without any info to town (because who has associative data with Penguin?) when my lynch would've said something about NM, about Maru, and to a lesser extent about SS, Alisae, and NSG. But because I didn't realize e had no vote, any case pushed is invalid. I can't make this argument about NM because NM wasn't around between L-1 and deadline to my knowledge.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1275, A Simple Plan wrote:
In post 1270, A Simple Plan wrote:Okay. Looking back, I seem to have confused some stuff- Alisae's vote was locked ON Sakura, it was not Sakura's vote that was locked. This changes a lot WRT Alisae. Just found it odd that e insisted we avoid a NL, and yet didn't make any votes to push for a lynch as we got closer to deadline.
i'm not sure i believe this. you said that one of the main reasons we didn't have a lynch day one was alisae - it doesn't seem to me like whether or not alisae had a vote would make a difference when it comes to this. presumably what alisae said would be far more important than just the action of placing a vote, hence why a playstyle like not mafia's is less influential than someone more verbose's. like, the fact that alisae couldn't vote shouldn't change your assertion that e was one of the main reasons we didn't have a lynch - just the simple act of voting shouldn't be so influential. if we follow your logic then you
should
be saying that not mafia was the main reason we didn't have a lynch yesterday, for not showing up to hammer.

even more, you didn't answer my question. even if we take it that alisae was not the
main reason
that a no lynch happened yesterday, presumably you're still making the point that e had the goal of a no lynch in mind. the thing is, that still doesn't make sense. again, why would alisae as scum attempt to stop the lynch or try to prevent it, if we take it that you're town and alisae is scum?
Alisae didn't have a vote. I thought e did. E was around after I reached L1 and didn't hammer. I was making the argument that e was giving scum a free NK without any info to town (because who has associative data with Penguin?) when my lynch would've said something about NM, about Maru, and to a lesser extent about SS, Alisae, and NSG. But because I didn't realize e had no vote, any case pushed is invalid. I can't make this argument about NM because NM wasn't around between L-1 and deadline to my knowledge.
i'm still not sure i believe you here. if the point you were making when you said that this:
In post 1246, A Simple Plan wrote:Although tbf, I'm gonna have to reread all of d2 so far.
Just feel like one of the main reasons we didn't have any lynch D1 was Alisae, coupled with the suvrivalism > town of NSG.

I honestly had to ISO the mod to make sure the new guy wasn't replacing me, because I've been way too checked out the past few days.
was that it was alisae's not voting that caused the no lynch, i feel like you would have just said that explicitly. like, if you saw that alisae was clearly online, in-thread and posting when it was l-1 and the timer was running down and saw that e didn't hammer, why didn't you question eir on that? like, where was the "hey alisae, why didn't you hammer yesterday? also i'm going to scumread you for not doing that". as it is it seems to me like you're changing your story as issues pop up.

okay, so when you say "any case pushed is invalid", i presume that you're abandoning your point that alisae was deliberately attempting to get a no-lynch. is that correct?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 1276, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1275, A Simple Plan wrote:
should

main reason
i'm still not sure i believe you here. if the point you were making when you said that this:
In post 1246, A Simple Plan wrote:Although tbf, I'm gonna have to reread all of d2 so far.
Just feel like one of the main reasons we didn't have any lynch D1 was Alisae, coupled with the suvrivalism > town of NSG.

I honestly had to ISO the mod to make sure the new guy wasn't replacing me, because I've been way too checked out the past few days.
was that it was alisae's not voting that caused the no lynch, i feel like you would have just said that explicitly. like, if you saw that alisae was clearly online, in-thread and posting when it was l-1 and the timer was running down and saw that e didn't hammer, why didn't you question eir on that? like, where was the "hey alisae, why didn't you hammer yesterday? also i'm going to scumread you for not doing that". as it is it seems to me like you're changing your story as issues pop up.

okay, so when you say "any case pushed is invalid", i presume that you're abandoning your point that alisae was deliberately attempting to get a no-lynch. is that correct?
Yeah. There was no deliberate attempt. And that was not the case- I can plainly see, however, that between the VC where I was at L-1, and deadline, Alisae posted. That was a misinterpretation on my part. I thought it was a bit more obvious what I meant when I said Alisae was at fault at the time (online but no hammer), because I didn't recall eir vote being locked. When I discovered that eir vote was locked, it was a bit more blatantly stupid what I was pushing.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Why NM being around between L-1 and deadline matters? It was obvious we wanted to lynch you since way before, he could've changed his vote before the L-1 that we all thought was a hammer.

Btw, I concur with North's questioning of you. More town points for North.
In post 1269, Alisae wrote:Sakura's town
<3
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

okay i reread maru and would be fine with a lynch there today. one thing to point out:
In post 1263, Alisae wrote: feels extremely defensive towards a meme imo
there are a couple other places where he's like this:
Spoiler:
In post 123, Maruchan wrote:Can we cut the avatar discussion. Its distracting and NAI and not remotely related to this game and we can start a GD thread about cuute avatars if you guys want but I could care less about avatars and it setracts from the game. I've had this one since 2011 when i joined the site
In post 616, Maruchan wrote:
In post 565, beeboy wrote:Whoever is town please reply to this post stating you are town.
Except that the only people who will probably do this are mafia trying to townypoints
In post 617, Maruchan wrote:
In post 568, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 565, beeboy wrote:Whoever is town please reply to this post stating you are town.
Im town
Facedesk

which doesn't seem genuine considering he does a lot of memey stuff as well like in and .

other than that nothing maru did struck me as super scummy but i can see where alisae's wallpost analysis is coming from.

so yea lets lynch asp or maru.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

forgot to add this for the above post
In post 123, Maruchan wrote:#27 wait is scum a real person? If so can we please use their full name and/or give them a nickname? Using scum as both a proper noun for this player and as a name for the bad guys will otherwise get confusing as fuck.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1271, Gorkington wrote:so.
im reading 914
and it kind of looks like youre saying
i) that hes not doing much
ii) pushing him will give you information
and
iii) you want a personal victory on being able to read him

the only AI point youre pushing is i) and knowing n_m im kind of curious as to why you think that specifically makes him scummy?
is that really the best you have after having played with this guy in half of your games on the site with him and espousing such a strong confidence level in your ability to read him?
youre literally framing this as a compromise lynch?
asp you missed a pretty big spot here.
trash
HolySpiritTurtle
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:03 am

Post by HolySpiritTurtle »

Looking for replacement for maruchan
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

good idea, let's finish the game with an entire different playerlist that started it.

Oh well, hope it's just he didnt have time for it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also @Gork:
In post 1231, Sakura Hana wrote:Also, I need to know if beeboy lied about any part of his role or not, coz my role can cancel the negative portion of it by freezing your vote.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
HolySpiritTurtle
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:45 am

Prodding will resume Saturday.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Im not in a good mood right now, if you need me please leave a message after the tone.
BEEEP!

V/LA 1 week
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
HolySpiritTurtle
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 am

RadiantCowbells replace Maruchan.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Alisae »

That is actually...
A really cool replacement.
I mean granted if Raybells is scum, we're probably fucked and will find a way to win the game.
But Raybells replacing in means he probably won't keep the gamestate extremely apathetic the way it currently is.
GTKAS
| here.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

hype
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Alisae »

GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

hype
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:51 am

Post by northsidegal »

hype!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Alisae »

You didn't quote the post -_-
VOTE: RadiantCowbells
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Alisae »

You didn't quote the post -_-
VOTE: North
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Alisae »

Ur supposed to start a quote pyramid ywall are doing it wrong
GTKAS
| here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:59 am

I'm ngl I thought my slot was scum because there was so few slots that could potentially be scum in this game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Sakura and beeboy are both never scum
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:01 pm

NSG is never scum. SS I think is town. gorkington I think is town. Alisae I think is town.

so that leaves NM and ASP but I don't think that they're scumbuddies so I'm most likely wrong about someone
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1298, RadiantCowbells wrote:NSG is never scum. SS I think is town. gorkington I think is town. Alisae I think is town.

so that leaves NM and ASP but I don't think that they're scumbuddies so I'm most likely wrong about someone
how much of the game have you read?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”