Micro 756: Extra Communication Mafia GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Not a fan of even the soft claims atm. It's a bastard jingle setup. That's enough to assume they don't have the dynamics you think they do.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:23 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 273, MathBlade wrote:If you really meant yourself fucking label it as such and don't imply it is mine.
If this is addressed to me, then I didn't imply any such thing.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 268, skitter30 wrote:
In post 261, Fishythefish wrote:Are any of the abilities you are aware a) dangerous for the town if scum hold them, and/or b) very much more useful for scum than town? If so, I think you should just claim them.
I feel like if she's town and this was a good idea she would have done this already? Not sure why you're asking for this.
Just to make her double-check, because I tend to think that town claim information too little.

I don't think there's a lot of alignment info to read into this claim. I think the role would have moderate utility for either scum or town.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 272, fferyllt wrote:Who are you asking. And what are you asking?
It wasn't directed towards anyone in particular so much as making a point.
In post 274, GinghamDog wrote:You're right, I was a little TOO vague on the first one because all PRs go through the mod. I'll elaborate just a little more. The role involves PMing the mod not with an action, but with a kind of message. Whoever has this ability will know I'm legit.
All that they know is that you know their role. If true, it makes your role legit, but doesn't really help with your alignment.
In post 275, Flubbernugget wrote:Not a fan of even the soft claims atm. It's a bastard jingle setup. That's enough to assume they don't have the dynamics you think they do.
It's not explicitly bastard apparently, but I agree with the general sentiment.
In post 277, Fishythefish wrote:I don't think there's a lot of alignment info to read into this claim. I think the role would have moderate utility for either scum or town.
I'm ambivalent. I don't think the role is inherently AI.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

It's also sort of a two-ability role. If we see town flips that are all one-ability, give that some thought.

Idic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Believing GD's role exists =/= believing its AI in anyway. For the record, I believe the claim.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 279, fferyllt wrote:It's also sort of a two-ability role. If we see town flips that are all one-ability, give that some thought.
What do you mean it's a two-ability role?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 281, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 279, fferyllt wrote:It's also sort of a two-ability role. If we see town flips that are all one-ability, give that some thought.
- neighborhood
- info about abilities in the game.

Idic
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 282, fferyllt wrote:
- neighborhood
I'm not sure I would classify extra info as an 'ability' per se...
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 280, Ghostlin wrote:Believing GD's role exists =/= believing its AI in anyway. For the record, I believe the claim.
I forgot that neighbours can be town or scum. Was probably too quick to unvote.

VOTE: GinghamDog
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 283, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 282, fferyllt wrote:
- neighborhood
I'm not sure I would classify extra info as an 'ability' per se...
It's like having a really limited Role Cop at the beginning of the game; you know certain things are true about the setup.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I said I was going to catch up but I had a four course meal I needed to cook and entertaining surprise me out of no where.

Will catch up tomorrow.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 223, skitter30 wrote:@Flairs:

Why do you have Ghostlin so low?
I liked his initial pushback against ffery, but seemed unnecessary. I also didn't see this when I made an earlier summary post but was a really weird way to go about defending himself, it feels a bit like a last ditch defense. Like I could see him realizing he had made that mistake and then trying to cover up by making it seem like a personal attack.

Actually, he backtracks/tries to explain his reasoning twice, and , which feels scummy to me. I feel like scum would notice those gaps in arguements and feel the need to cover them up much more then town would.

I think his defense of ffery is also interesting because he's not really defending her actions, he's defending her over the logic of not voting other players. So if ffery flips scum, there won't be much evidence of him actually defending her, but more defending her logic. The only thing that actually defends ffery's actions would be on , and there he's like "eh not really sure let's figure it out another day". He keeps delaying explaining what he thinks of ffery's actions, now that I think about it. It's not just , but too.

So might as well, @Ghostlin what about ffery's posts make you townread her?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Flairs »

@Gingham which of skitter's posts are pinging scum the most?
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Flairs »

I feel like an Informed Neighbor who was scum would be wayy too powerful

seems weird. I had asked for a game, ffery supplied. ffery found another game and posted it. Not entirely sure if you just weren't paying attention or . . .?

ANyways off to read ffery's town game now
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 287, Flairs wrote:I think his defense of ffery is also interesting because he's not really defending her actions, he's defending her over the logic of not voting other players. So if ffery flips scum, there won't be much evidence of him actually defending her, but more defending her logic. The only thing that actually defends ffery's actions would be on , and there he's like "eh not really sure let's figure it out another day". He keeps delaying explaining what he thinks of ffery's actions, now that I think about it. It's not just , but too.
Where do you put the likelihood of ghostlin + ffery in light of ghostlin's various pushes and defenses of her?
In post 288, Flairs wrote:@Gingham which of skitter's posts are pinging scum the most?
In post 284, Chip Butty wrote:I forgot that neighbours can be town or scum. Was probably too quick to unvote.
Neighbors can, but do you think an informed neighbor is more likely to be scum or town?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 275, Flubbernugget wrote:Not a fan of even the soft claims atm. It's a bastard jingle setup. That's enough to assume they don't have the dynamics you think they do.
I found it a little odd that you have three votes, yet this is the only thing you post.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 268, skitter30 wrote:I agree with you, but I guess I was saying that I don't really get the significance of this in the context of my post.
At some point if you believe 3 people are likely to be scum, and only any two of them can be, you need to acknowledge that fact that you're wrong at least on one and vote your best scum suspect anyway.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 289, Flairs wrote:I feel like an Informed Neighbor who was scum would be wayy too powerful

seems weird. I had asked for a game, ffery supplied. ffery found another game and posted it. Not entirely sure if you just weren't paying attention or . . .?

ANyways off to read ffery's town game now
No it wouldn't. Scum Role Cop is a role. Scum Neighbor is a role. Informed Scum Neighbor would just be a lesser combination of the two. They would get setup spec on certain roles to watch for plus a chance to mislead a certain Town player, which isn't really too powerful if scum doesn't have an investigative this game.

This almost reads "I don't want to be caught on this lynch."
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am

Post by GinghamDog »

@Ghost who is your top scum read other than ffery?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 287, Flairs wrote:So might as well, @Ghostlin what about ffery's posts make you townread her?
I don't think scum Ffery pushes Town Ghostlin nearly as hard as she has this game (at the beginning of it), for one. I think she'd take a path of lower resistance with this slot.

Two, the self-meta points? So far she's right on each and everyone of them. So if scum ffery came with a list of her meta to rebuff certain points that came up edited to my precise concern, this is unlikely to be scum ffery.

Three, I have information you don't, and I'm not giving it to you now.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 294, GinghamDog wrote:@Ghost who is your top scum read other than ffery?
I think you mean who's my top scum read rather than flutter? (I am currently Town reading and will probably let you lynch me over ffery at this point.)

I mean, it's really mostly Flutter at this point. His last few posts read setup-spec-rather-than-scumhunting to me.

If you were to put a gun to my head and force me to produce another read, Flair's is wrong and also rings the wrong bells to me. It seems she either wants to passively white knight you by debunking the speculation swirling around your role or distance herself from your maybe lynch. There are not really any scenarios that I can think of off the top of my head that town!flairs makes that claim.

I'm either Town reading most everyone else (ffery, CB, skitter, tiny bit MB although seems really over the top for a probable misunderstanding) or the rest of it is various shades of null that I don't mind voting end of Day 1, but wouldn't vote now.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

What's your Fishythefish read?

Idic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Null. Nothing at the moment stands out to me as Town or Scum; same with GD.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I see Fishy's points in voting GD, but it being Day 1, that could be GD being conservative with her vote. If you were to force me to null-sort them, tinnnnnnny town lean to fishy, tinnnnny scum lean to GD, but those are on the weakest reasons.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”