Micro 756: Extra Communication Mafia GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

I hope I'll be on the mend within a day or two. I had a three week thing a couple years ago and it wasn't fun.

There are a couple players I want to see at least one more post from, and then I'll post my reads. I don't think more posts will change the reads, though I'm open to that possibility. I do think seeing the reads could change what gets posted, so.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 246, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 244, skitter30 wrote:Absolutely no hesitation about voting one of her scumreads with two of her other scumreads.
Oh, I hate the ffery vote for other reasons. But I want to unpack this line of thought, and not gonna lie here: I sorta hate it.

First of all, voting a scumread with your other scumread Day 1 (and we are talking Day 1 here) can be acknowledgement that: a) bussing exists, particularly in the early Day phase when you can just get off and you can claim credit if a turbo hammer happens of being right (you don't want to ride that line too hard, but you can literally do this).

AND

b) if you're reading that player over other players, you're acknowledging also that 3:6 isn't a thing.
a) I don't think the list of people you scumread should directly correlate with the list of people who are voting with you, even at this stage of the game. Like, literally everyone she thinks is sketchy is voting the same way, and 4/5 of the people she thinks are town are saying that ffery is town, and none of that makes her rethink her vote?

I also wouldn't per se qualify where we're at right now as being 'early day phase'. I also don't think a turbo hammer would happen in the current gamestate given activity and the announcement you made about L-1. (Like presumably they'd do it for getting towncred off of being on a partner's wagon . . . but given your announcement, that would look incredibly suspect).

She also isn't pushing me/Ffery or flubber/ffery, but me/flubber (yes that came after I said that . . . but there's literally zero indication at any point that she thinks me or flubber are bussing ffery).

And I'm not really seeing motivation for bussing in this context?

b) I don't know what you mean by this
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I meant by b) that there cannot be three scum in this game. 9 players; 2 scum, 7 town. 3 scum, 6 town is not balanced.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Flairs »

Jesus I didn’t realize I forgot to declare VLA, first quarter exams just ended so I’ll be able to catch up (well it’s not that much but still) tonight
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 247, Chip Butty wrote:GD, are you claiming neighbour, but with extra info? Is that what 'informed neighbour' means?
My role is literally called "informed neighbor".
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

Do you have a neighborhood?

Idic
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 254, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 247, Chip Butty wrote:GD, are you claiming neighbour, but with extra info? Is that what 'informed neighbour' means?
My role is literally called "informed neighbor".
It would be because you got additional setup spec that other people wouldn't know (unless they had those roles).
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 251, skitter30 wrote:She also isn't pushing me/Ffery or flubber/ffery, but me/flubber (yes that came after I said that . . . but there's literally zero indication at any point that she thinks me or flubber are bussing ffery).
I think skitter/flubber makes the most sense. Neither of the other pairings do, as I don't think either of you would be bussing ffery that hard at this stage. For what it's worth, I would now put ffery either on the dividing line or slightly above it. Only reason I voted her was for the "I got us out of RVS" boast, which I thought was LAMIST and deserved a pressure vote.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 255, fferyllt wrote:Do you have a neighborhood?
Yes I do.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:31 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 258, GinghamDog wrote:
Yes I do.
You don't have to claim anything else now, but is it active during this phase?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 259, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 258, GinghamDog wrote:
Yes I do.
You don't have to claim anything else now, but is it active during this phase?
Yes.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 245, GinghamDog wrote:I'm the informed neighbor. I know that certain roles exist in this game, although not by name. I just know the ability.

At least one of you has an ability that involves PM'ing the mod, and at least one of you has a night-targeting ability that can help someone if THEY have a certain ability themselves. (I'm being somewhat vague on purpose, but if you have one of these, you should know what I mean.)
Are any of the abilities you are aware a) dangerous for the town if scum hold them, and/or b) very much more useful for scum than town? If so, I think you should just claim them.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 am

Post by Ghostlin »

I am REALLY against that idea unless one of those is such positive scum utility there's no way around it.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am

Post by GinghamDog »

I'd rather leave it up to the PRs to out themselves if they feel the need. I think being more specific could ruin the surprise of how they work and therefore hurt town.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Also, Ffery, target me with that 'might possibly die' role. I have a suspicion I've given away too much.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 222, fferyllt wrote:I should have held off an hour.. Fresh town meta. It's a replacement game that ended tonight. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73370
This is not a game I was in. When not on my lunch break I will give whatever meta people want but the fact no one else called this out scares me that no one is truly reading.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 245, GinghamDog wrote:I won't be around much for the next 24 hours or so to defend myself in the event of an L-1, so I'll just claim now.

I'm the informed neighbor. I know that certain roles exist in this game, although not by name. I just know the ability.

At least one of you has an ability that involves PM'ing the mod, and at least one of you has a night-targeting ability that can help someone if THEY have a certain ability themselves. (I'm being somewhat vague on purpose, but if you have one of these, you should know what I mean.)

I'm also willing to vote here:

VOTE: Flubber

My hunch right now is Flubber + skitter. Post 218 was probably just distancing.
Something is fishy and something rings true about this.

Having an ability that requires PMing the mod is literally anything. This reads more like trying to bait as many PRs as possible to respond to it. I am against people commenting on this. I have a strong hunch what GD is trying to draw out based on thread interactions and reasons. This is all I will say on the claim and probably said too much.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have to head back into work but expect more from me this evening.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 252, Ghostlin wrote:I meant by b) that there cannot be three scum in this game. 9 players; 2 scum, 7 town. 3 scum, 6 town is not balanced.
I agree with you, but I guess I was saying that I don't really get the significance of this in the context of my post.
In post 257, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 251, skitter30 wrote:She also isn't pushing me/Ffery or flubber/ffery, but me/flubber (yes that came after I said that . . . but there's literally zero indication at any point that she thinks me or flubber are bussing ffery).
I think skitter/flubber makes the most sense. Neither of the other pairings do, as I don't think either of you would be bussing ffery that hard at this stage. For what it's worth, I would now put ffery either on the dividing line or slightly above it. Only reason I voted her was for the "I got us out of RVS" boast, which I thought was LAMIST and deserved a pressure vote.
This is kinda my point?
In post 261, Fishythefish wrote:Are any of the abilities you are aware a) dangerous for the town if scum hold them, and/or b) very much more useful for scum than town? If so, I think you should just claim them.
I feel like if she's town and this was a good idea she would have done this already? Not sure why you're asking for this.
In post 265, MathBlade wrote:
In post 222, fferyllt wrote:I should have held off an hour.. Fresh town meta. It's a replacement game that ended tonight. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73370
This is not a game I was in. When not on my lunch break I will give whatever meta people want but the fact no one else called this out scares me that no one is truly reading.
Probably because it's an example of recent ffery townmeta, and not of your meta of miscounting votes? Kinda ironic given the fact that you're worried that no one is truly reading the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 265, MathBlade wrote:
That's my meta, not yours. Maybe other players figured that out? Flairs asked me for a recent town game as a not-hydra and the most recent one ended in 2015, until Newbie 1824 ended. I posted the 2015 game link before 1824 ended.

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 220, fferyllt wrote:
In post 217, Flubbernugget wrote:Fferry, tell me more about what you learned looking up MathBlade's vote counting
I wasn't out to ~learn~ anything. I already know that MathBlade has miscounted votes before. Chip Butty asked me for links so he could look at them. I knew exactly which game I'd modded where MathBlade claimed cop at L-1. And later I remembered the game I modded as Morph, and I was right that MathBlade also miscounted there.

The Morphgame is probably more similar to this one since they straight up just miscounted the votes on LLD when they replaced in. In the Newbie game, MathBlade was confused about replacements and didn't realize that the player who put down the L-2 vote was a slot that was already voting them.
Context was my meta. Not fferyllt's.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 215, fferyllt wrote:After looking at my most recent older games, I'm taking pity on you. The wiki is complete, but the games are sorted by queue, not by the date the games started. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62686

I'm somewhat amused that this game was also the most recent game where I called a player town on page 1.
And this was also the context?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

Who are you asking. And what are you asking?

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 271, skitter30 wrote:
In post 215, fferyllt wrote:After looking at my most recent older games, I'm taking pity on you. The wiki is complete, but the games are sorted by queue, not by the date the games started. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62686

I'm somewhat amused that this game was also the most recent game where I called a player town on page 1.
And this was also the context?
Post order...I had just finished a game that day.

Like wtf?

If you really meant yourself fucking label it as such and don't imply it is mine.

Back in the office now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 266, MathBlade wrote:Having an ability that requires PMing the mod is literally anything.
You're right, I was a little TOO vague on the first one because all PRs go through the mod. I'll elaborate just a little more. The role involves PMing the mod not with an action, but with a kind of message. Whoever has this ability will know I'm legit.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”