Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-17

Not Known 15
(3): acidphoenix, Dunkerdoodles, drealmerz7
northsidegal
(3): Not Known 15, Yetichain, Jabarkas Mayonnaise
acidphoenix
(1): nancy
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
(1): northsidegal

Not Voting
(1): Porkens

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: December 18, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2017-12-17 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- acidphoenix has been prodded
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

The lurkers(Dunker, Acid, drealmerz7) are still voting me... We have nearly one day left. Wake up and vote Northsidegal, please.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Porkens »

Ok I'm gunna do a reading and then cast my vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

Our past is the Jack of Diamonds. We have beeen working in many different ways towardds our goals. We, the town,have wanted to shore up our security and so we rre toiling, through work, to do so. We are trying, in earnest, to find those who threaten our security.

Our present is the Nine of Spades (Swords). The nine represents leadership, while the swords represent toughts or conflict. the nine of swords itself represents worry, which may also be attrition in battle. at present, we are suffering from our doubts about leadership. We are fractious and divided.

Our future is the Five of Diamonds, reversed. This card usually represents poverty, but in this case is reversed, which may mean wealth OR a poverty of another kind. Asceticism, perhaps, we will shed something which we think makes us rich but in fact holds us down. Our lynch should will be good, if I'm reading the cards right, whether or not it hits scum.

Our warning is the Queen of Clubs. She is the mother of passion and the motivation for action. She is an artist. She is artistic, and she is dangerous. We should be wary of the artificial. We should be careful not to accept a forgery at its face value. This may be a person in our game who is lying about themselves.

Our fortune is the Four of Diamonds, reversed. To get what we need, we have to let go of something we want to cling to. I drew another card to enhance this reading: Six of Diamonds. Charity - we must give allowances and proceed in good faith and trust.

This is hard.

VOTE: Northsidegal
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by nancy »

Vote: Jabarkas Mayonnaise

Recently spiel on Yeti's claim is scum-oriented thinking and they are currently voting a townread in a very opportunistic manner. I'd like to see them or Dunkerdoodles gone.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by nancy »

Porkens, I think Varsoon's early townread on northsidegal was TMI and I think the way that they have voted this game has shown that they are not talking to each other as hydra partners trying to solve the game. I think I was wrong to discount my scumread on account of personality / playstyle. Please vote with me.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by nancy »

I also think that if Jabarkas is mafia NK15 is a good spot to start looking for their partner. If Jabarkas is mafia here and NK15 is town then the gamestate and wagons are favorable for them and they have no need to vote someone they have stated a townread on; if on the other hand Jabarkas is mafia with NK15 then the gamestate is more precarious for them and they need to push a counterwagon, northsidegal being the only viable option.
Yetichain
Yetichain
Townie
Yetichain
Townie
Townie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Yetichain »

VOTE: Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab.
(But mostly Keychain <3 )
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by nancy »

Thanks Yeti.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

VOTE: Jabarkus
L-1
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by nancy »

It's in your hands, Porkens.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i started typing a post more than half an hour ago but i got distracted, sorry. one second.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 950, Yetichain wrote:I have no doubt that you would be meticulous as scum and those are very well notes you could have made. It's that opening the hood, in a way, trying to show the thought process underneath feels odd from you and not an approach I would expect if you were town.

Another reason that I've found hard to articulate is that you've seen me play as town and I don't believe you've mentioned the fact that I'm playing very differently. I just got prodded, for chrissakes. The fact that you're somehow drawing parallels to my usual play feels like you're not recognising those differences in your notes. I know that I view playstyles very differently when I'm playing town or scum, making it hard to apply knowledge across alignments, and I've been lynched as scum before for it so I remember the lesson. You've only ever been town in games with me.
i think this is a product of you being far more aware in how you're playing compared to other games than i ever could be. like, to me it seems like the only huge difference between this game and what your normal play is like has been the lurking.
This observation probably wouldn't have been as meaningful to me if you hadn't indicated in your notes that you were considering our past games. It's always an exercise in ego to assume someone knows your meta well enough to recognise you're town, but I don't understand why you aren't more suspicious of me here.

You seem to be approaching me somewhat shallowly and it feels more like buddying than anything. Can't remember, were you scumreading me at any point, can you link any posts?
could you talk more specifically about how different you've been this game as compared to previous ones? like i said, i really don't see a huge difference outside of the recent activity, which doesn't seem alignment-indicative to me. plus, i think i've seen an equal amount of games where you've been scum as you have been town – i still don't think i could reliably distinguish between the two. i don't think i've ever expressed a scumread on you in-thread but in my notes i think there's something there.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by nancy »

Fwiw I didn't get to talk to Yeti about my earlier issues with them but I think the way that Yetichain approached the townreads on them with some pretty nuanced suspicion that involved delving into acidphoenix's and northsidegal's differing motivation / source for their read and coming out with different takes on both is something mafia isn't going to think to do as much and it didn't look like it was something they went out of their way to do in the effort to towntell. That + the pointed way in which they engaged with me last page has me starting to feel a little better about them; obviously they are never wolves with Varsoon.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 979, nancy wrote: Recently spiel on Yeti's claim is scum-oriented thinking
elaborate, it must be pretty glaringly holyfuckingscum-oriented thinking if less than 24hrs ago he was on your 'not going to lynch today' list

I had some of the same thoughts v did - and I don't find lovers likely in a 9p
balance among all things
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 951, Yetichain wrote:Okay so where does that leave me?

Yetichain
NK15

Porkens
nancy
acidphoenix

---

Dunkers
drealmerz7

Jabarkas
North

Something like this, I think. Off the top of my head.

nancy, what would you define as content? I can go further into my reads if you like. In doing so they'll probably shift around.
it's not lovers, it's loved – one more vote to lynch.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oops, ignore that quote. first time that's happened to me. that was @dreal
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: barbarous mayonase
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by nancy »

Sorry if I'm wrong Varsoon.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Jabarkas Mayonnaise »

I have talked to Xiao, but he's about as present in our facebook convo about this game as he is in the thread.
He thinks NSG is faking town and not engaging hard enough--I think she's genuine town. We both think NK15 is town, so he split the difference with a vote where the lynch was more likely to happen out of Yeti/NK15.

Last minute run ups are the worst, which is what I was hoping to avoid by trying to get people to play more further from the deadline.
Once I'm dead, please lynch Yeti. That claim is suspicious as fuck and I am rightfully bothered by it and its specificity.
The fact that Yeti was also totally fine sheeping Nancy out on a last-minute wagon on me should be proof enough that the dude isn't trying to figure out the game.
I think NSG is more likely to flip town than scum because I think Yeti is scum, but Xiao holds pretty much the opposite opinion. Regardless, a flip on the one really informs alignment of the other.

-V
The best way to achieve your goals is through conquest.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Oh hey so fuck you actually
FUCK YOU
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm

I am legitimately seething.
Fuck all of you.
You're all god damn trash people.
I wanted to fucking play this game and have fun, but you all decide in one fleeting moment that I don't get to play the one fucking game of mafia I've been excited about in several months
So fuck every last one of you.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by nancy »

:(
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 985, nancy wrote:It's in your hands, Porkens.
oh and why this???
balance among all things
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

They made do it

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”