Micro 768: Geriatric Grey Flag Nightless - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 446, Lord Gurgi wrote:I am attempting to find a replacement for BlackVoid.
You started searching for a replacement twelve hours after I made a game-relevant post. Your rationale is that you said you would replace me if I needed another prod. I went for a 48 hour period without posting. Except during this time you were never online to actually prod me. You came back after I made a post. I don't think my activity level here is appropriate at all. But I also think you are being very inconsistent here and you have the exact same problem yourself, not being active enough. I went for several days without receiving a prod because you never bothered to check on the game, but you want to retro-actively use that as a reason to look for replacement. So, I'm not really interested in arguing to play in your game so I think me being replaced is the best option.

My final guess is still that Hopkrik is mafia. I thought the unvote of me right after I called him out was very weird. Even the initial suspicion of me was based on things not indicative of alignment. I wasn't entirely sure why people were townreading Insanity. I'd say it's less likely she's scum if I'm right about Hopkirk but I don't independently see a reason to townread her. I still don't like Jingle's push on Aristophanes and prematurely ending the day before I had a chance to influence the game and I think it might point to him being scum taking advantage of Aristophanes's lynchbait nature, then securing another mislynch and then hanging back in lylo. Reckoner is the only one I'm confident is town. I think Keychain and Korts could go either way really. Don't be bent on using associatives to rule people out because it's completely dependent on being right on certain reads which may or may not be the case.

With that said, I'm taking a break from the site. You won't see me in the coming months but when I reach a point where I'm able to play actively again, hope to see some of you guys around.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by Korts »

Sorry guys. I'm having a rough couple of weeks. I don't want to replace out, because that would be a death sentence for the game, but I won't be able to contribute until the weekend. I am setting a bunch of reminders for myself so I don't flake on that promise.
scumchat never die
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

@Insanity: Either you're scum, or you're town who isn't willing to be convinced. There's no point arguing with you any more in either of those scenarios given waiting to see if there's a quickhammer proves it one way or the other.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 447, Keychain wrote:Are you wanting to see something in particular from the slot or is this just not wanting to move on with the game until we've got a full playerlist?
I would like something actually readable from that slot before I throw the game to the wind hoping that slot is irrelevant to game outcome.

I do agree with BV that the mod should've probably taken action on that slot a while ago, but it doesn't matter anymore.

I just know I'm town, so I have a 50/50 shot at voting scum in a vacuum, and I want to make sure I can improve my chances.
green shirt thursdays
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I already responded to you privately BlackVoid. I recognize that I have failed as a moderator in this game, but there is little need to air this in public when you are dissatisfied with the response in private.

I am still looking for a replacement.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Key: You should vote me in order to help narrow down scumteams.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Although until BV is replaced a scumteam with him on it couldn't QT, but it's still worthwhile.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

That's exactly why BV is scum
green shirt thursdays
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 449, insanity018 wrote:I am also finding strange Hopkirk's reaction to being voted strange. As town who thought I was town, he should have been more worried about me voting him. He should have been trying to convince me that I was wrong and that I should unvote him. As even if he wanted to vote BV scum, he should have been more worried since my vote would have still meant town lost if scum quickhammers.
For the record, all of his reactions today have been strange. Particularly of note to my scumread on him is his buddying of me and his panic when I listed the scumteams I thought were possible. The panic seemed both unreasonable and self centered (he was one of three people who appeared 3 times, and Keychain appeared 4, so the level of worry was disproportionately large if he's scumreading two people out of the four that suggests as scum. Which, funnily enough, is exactly the list of people he's been pushing since I posted that.) Mostly though, 366 really makes me think the two of them are scum together. (456 also, btw.)

VOTE: Hopkirk

Let's see if this gets any more complaints than leaving a vote on Key overnight did.
This is a Parachute.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Well I don't see Jingle/Insanity/Key as a top pick so gg I guess.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Titus replaces BlackVoid.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Vote Count

Day Three, four to lynch.

Hopkirk
[7 Posts] (2) -
insanity018, Jingle

Keychain
[10 Posts] (1) -
Hopkirk

Korts
[10 Posts] (0) -
None

Jingle
[9 Posts] (0) -
None

Titus
[10 Posts] (0) -
None

xRECKONERx
[9 Posts] (0) -
None

insanity018
[10 Posts] (0) -
None

None
(5) -
Hopkirk, Titus, Korts, Keychain, xRECKONERx
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by insanity018 »

@Jingle, I completely agree. Hopkirk's reactions have definitely been strange and panicky this today.

I can see Hopkirk as being scum with Korts and Keychain.

Korts

Early Korts is wishy washy on his read of CultofAthena in and his reads list in . The short back and forth between Korts and Hopkirk regarding game links in , , appear to be distancing. Hopkirk liking this vote later is extremely weird. In Hopkirk's opening post, he has a scumread on Korts , but doesn't follow up on it at all until this game day.

In terms of Hopkirk's strange progression on Korts today, I considered the possibility that Hopkirk-scum had been hoping to get Korts-town lynched, but switched scumteams when that wasn't getting much traction. I don't this possibility is as likely due to their various interactions.

Keychain

Keychain seemed to sheep me onto Hopkirk early and vote parked there. But, she really didn't try too hard to get Hopkirk lynched. On Day 1, she thought Aristophanes was probably town, but she didn't do much to get people back interested in Hopkirk. On Day 2, she was still expressing a scumread on Hopkirk, but never voted for him and voted for TGP instead.

Jingle

I don't think it's Jingle at this stage. The way CultofAthena tried to interact with him early game is probably the only thing that pings me at the moment - liking him but not putting a townreading him, trying to have a mafia theory discussion with him.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 462, insanity018 wrote:
Jingle

I don't think it's Jingle at this stage. The way CultofAthena tried to interact with him early game is probably the only thing that pings me at the moment - liking him but not putting a townreading him, trying to have a mafia theory discussion with him.
Huh, adding to this it's also a bit odd that Hopkirk consistently puts Jingle as soldidly town eg , but I can't find anywhere that he states why. I still think Hopkirk being partners with Korts and Keychain is more likely though.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

hmm. key hasn't voted hopkirk yet. odd.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm not actually sure what to make of it.

I'm actually looking forward to Titus catching up if hopefully she can not spam. But hey this is geriatric so she literally can't!
green shirt thursdays
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm not really sure what kind of discussion you want to have, insanity. Theorywise, it's all pretty unimportant to me at the moment. I don't really have to worry about which of Korts/Reck/BV was the partner if I'm right on HopKey, so I can wait til tomorrow to figure out who I need to discuss Keyscum with. If you have specific questions, I can take a look, but FMPOV the game is pretty much solved.

Hi Titus! If you're scum, help me lynch your scumbuddy and I promise not to vote you tomorrow. If you're town help me lynch him anyway and then coast to an easy victory. (Also, thanks for replacing in ;))
This is a Parachute.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 464, xRECKONERx wrote:hmm. key hasn't voted hopkirk yet. odd.

Why is this odd? I will check VCs.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Titus this is a spamless game so you might wanna use your posts more wisely.

In any case, it's LYLO? So Key/Hop are basically in a 1v1 right now
green shirt thursdays
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Titus: There's not much point catching up right now. Either a.) Scum are going to quickhammer, or b.) You're scum and you can quickhammer.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Unless Jingle is scum which I guess is possible.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Jingle »

Unless the scumteam is me/insanity/Keychain then Hopkirk is confscum, mechanically speaking.

I endorse any and all hammers, and I'll see you all in second LYLO.
This is a Parachute.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

it takes 4 to lynch so how can there be a quickhammer
green shirt thursdays
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not liking this resistance to me catching up although I am a not read person.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 471, Jingle wrote:Unless the scumteam is me/insanity/Keychain then Hopkirk is confscum, mechanically speaking.

I endorse any and all hammers, and I'll see you all in second LYLO.
This is only true if scum have been able to coordinate a quickhammer, and want to take the not needed risk of a quickhammer on Key.
If BV/Titus is scum then the scumteam couldn't QH yet.
Insanity/Jingle/any x is technically possible here- though i expect a hammer to come from the last two scum sometime.
That's why we should leave it several days to be sure. Either it's Key/Insanity/Jingles, or we're going to lose now anyway.

@Scum who want to quickhammer: I definitely won't be awake from 3-6GMT any day, and I won't be able to post at all until Friday evening.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”