Micro 770: Killer In The Penthouse Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually I guess the way it's balanced is happy-ever-after is a draw, if it gets to 3p LYLO then billionaire and last BG turbo lynch assassin and assassin has 50-50 chance of winning with their twilight shot

nvm what I said
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

Day 2, VC 2

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

SnarkySnowman (4) -
GuiltyLion, northsidegal, TheGoldenParadox, sheepsaysmeep
GuiltyLion (1) -
Archwing

Not Voting (2) -
SnarkySnowman, wilky

Mod Notes

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-01-14 15:00:00)
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:25 am

SnarkySnowman was lynched day 2 he was

Spoiler:
You are a
Billionaire's Bodyguard

Each Day, you may talk and vote someone to lynch.

Each Night, you may choose another player to protect by sending me a PM with their name. If they are targeted with a kill, you will die in their place.

You know that the Billionaire is

You win when the Killer can no longer kill the Billionaire.
Note - when multiple bodyguards protect a player, and that player is targeted for the kill, only one of the protecting bodyguards will be killed, chosen at random between those who chose that player to protect.
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 am

You must submit your night actions before (expired on 2018-01-12 13:30:00)
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 am

To clarify a situation where there is no lynch or kill for 2 cycles the game will result in a draw.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Wilky has died night 2 he was the

Spoiler:
You are the
Billionaire

Each Day, you may talk and vote someone to lynch.

You win when the Killer can no longer kill you.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Archwing the Killer has won the game!
Last edited by Alisaes French Maid on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

huh
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Archwing my reveal his PT if he would like
Deadthread viewtopic.php?f=90&t=74573
Last edited by Alisaes French Maid on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

well then. bystander effect? i expected at least one other person to protect wilky.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by northsidegal »

no, i'm making no pretense towards targeting anyone. perhaps this decision lied in arrogance or self-centeredness, but night two i thought that i was a likely candidate for being the king, and as such it was better that i try to survive. the first night i just forgot to submit an action, however, which i'm pretty ashamed of.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

to clarify, i thought that my being alive for the assassin's dayshot was more important than protecting someone else to make the assassin think that that person was the king, and i also believed that i didn't need to protect wilky as someone else already would. i'll fully admit that i probably messed this game up.

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I protected northsidegal because I knew she was a guard and I wanted her alive, but I assumed SOMEONE would have covered wilky, damn

Archwing did you know he was the Billionaire or did you just take a guess shot?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Only GuiltyLion and Sheepsaymeep submitted actions last night which I believe harmed the town.
The 0 info strategy was fine since you can still lynch and obtain opinions on players without actually having detailed content beyond votes it just happened to not work out this game based on reads people had.

The Wilky shot was pretty clever I didn't actually see any clear reason to think it was him myself which was pretty well played by Archwing.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, on the "no information" strategy, guards should have still been identifying other guards and narrowing the pool. This is why we kept saying it wasn't random. northsidegal was obviously a guard by knowing Hopkirk wasn't the billionaire. sheep was likely a guard due to how he L-2'd multiple wagons, which would be risky play if he was an assassin not knowing whether they could have been on the billionaire
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, I don't think Hopkirk should have posted this
In post 51, Hopkirk wrote:Should pay attention to whose on the wagon now.
Not assassin.
if I were the assassin I would have maybe thought it was WIFOM, but that it definitely increased the probability that the billionaire was not on Hopkirk's wagon. small things like this give clues and better inform the assassin's judgment, which is why talking in this setup is extremely anti-town. there's no way to scumhunt without showing everyone that the player you're suspecting is clearly not the billionaire
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 75, GuiltyLion wrote:actually I guess the way it's balanced is happy-ever-after is a draw, if it gets to 3p LYLO then billionaire and last BG turbo lynch assassin and assassin has 50-50 chance of winning with their twilight shot

nvm what I said
and to be fair and criticize myself, this was arguably a guard!slip as well, because billionaire wouldn't know who to "turbolynch" in LYLO. I regretted this post a lot after making it
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Archwing »

Hi!

I release my confessional. Readers beware, I melted down.

Wow, I'm shocked, TBH.

So, my n1 shot was on Northsidegal. It got re-directed, so I was suspicious that North was the billionaire. As such, n2 I decided to shoot at a different target to gain more information than trying to get the billionaire kill.

I was super worried when the first wagon was on me, and I felt I had to get my shot ready - Wilky would not have been the target, lol. My end-game shot was ready to be on North.

Guilty, North... I missed all of your slips. I got lucky.

Thanks all for a good game though! I was worried I was being way too "go with the flow... follow the strat... don't talk at all" and was gonna ping someone soon.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Ah to clarify, NSG's slip was more like a townslip to other BGs more than a "not billionaire" slip. Billionaire!NSG could have posted the same thing from your perspective. But assassin!NSG would never have said "you guys messed up, Hopkirk needs to die" when he was at L-2 like that
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 92, Archwing wrote: Thanks all for a good game though! I was worried I was being way too "go with the flow... follow the strat... don't talk at all" and was gonna ping someone soon.
it was actually this that got me a false townread on you. i figured that the assassin would never silently accept a potential loss on page one, and the later vote on wilky just confirmed to me that you were a guard. i don't think i ever would have suspected you.

surprised to hear that your shot wasn't actually directed at redflavor, however – i thought that the way the wagon on you stopped after your vote in was a sign to the assassin that red was the king and you had just confguarded yourself, hence people unvoting. that's why i thought the assassin might be guilty, because that seemed like the kind of thing he would pick up on.

just realized i never said this, so good game everyone.

things fall apart
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

Wow
Well played
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Micc »

:mrgreen: