Micro 778: Be Yourself Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2772, Katyusha wrote:
In post 2742, Kiana Kaslana wrote:perpetually abuses and harasses women (myself and Maki).
am i not a woman

like you're not wrong in that RC can be a toxic player but i've never felt the way he is is gendered but that just might be because he's not scared of me as a player as either alignment and i'm just trash at this game
lolwut you're great
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

having a huge ego and arguably being a jackass doesn't make you sexist
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Mulch »

Cheeky goat
Amrock#3784
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you've said that fifty times now stfu you spamlord
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

#mulched
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2777, Mulch wrote:Cheeky goat
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2492, Eddie Cane wrote:
Why CheekyTeeky is the last scum and you are all pocketed trash.

A Guide by Edward Canery

Part 1: PoE

- Maki is cop inno'd and I hard TR'd her before learning that. Not much needs to be said.
- Mathdino is lock town off play. His interactions with Mulch are not SvS.
- Kiana is hard town off meta and play. If you need me to focus in on something, her interactions with RT are town!Kiana. No, I don't have any meta to cite to support that, go read her games if you want she's pretty new to this site there aren't many. I don't get what's meant by "weak distancing with Mulch", looks fine to me. Scum Gamma is probably more aggressive here too, especially since all day he was the likely lynch and the best case for him was mislynching Dino and getting bopped in LyLo. Also, "Hi, Mathdino is obvious town to me, I'm not understanding why there are so many scumreads on her." lol. Kiana pushed NSG and pushed Mulch. I don't give a shit about any "scum slip" you're proposing, it is entirely believable people would misread that in a role pm if it wasn't their pm initially. I misread mine to be not only D2 at first before I double checked because of the stylistic choices in them being abnormal. People who tunnel on random things like this "scum slip" are people who mafia love to play with because they feed them the win. Seriously, I wasn't sure Gamma was town before but rereading the iso for this post I'm pretty damn sure now. The worst parts about the slot are targeting Maki n1. But, why do they claim that...? If they're fakeclaiming Tracker then they believe there won't be a town Tracker anyways so it doesn't need to be said and Maki would obviously know they got vanillized. Like, it isn't good, but it's not some damning thing. The claims make sense too, a novice or 1 shot Tracker is not something you notice at first glance, especially if the mod tells you you're effectively VT now.
- Obviously WIFOM, scum!Eddie just MLs Gamma -> Math for the W. Irrelevant because me into Cheeky wins the game.

Part 2: Mechanics

Spoiler: claims provided to you by Mathdinkle Industries
NSG: 1-shot strongman 1-shot ascetic serial killer, lynched D1.

Postie: 1-shot day Healer, this "heal" buffs certain roles. Healed RT. Died N1.

Mulch: Gives out fake ITAs during the day.

Mathdino: LyLo Gladiator (I can gladiate myself with other players). Effective VT.

SupremeCaregiver/MakiHarukawa: 1-shot (?) Lie Detector Day 1 OMGUS Doublevoter, attempted to lie detect NSG but she was hammered before the result came back. Can use a double vote on someone voting her on D1 (used on RT before disabled). Vanillaized N1.

RadiantTroubadour: D1 Poisoned 1-shot Voting Ability Disabler. Dies at the end of D1 unless healed (was told there is a healer). If killed N1, can create 3 person lynchpool the next day. Can also disable all voting based abilities for a single day.

CheekyTeeky: 1-shot Amnesiac Cop, random receiver. Copped SC/Maki, Kiana got the result.

NicoRobin/Kiana/Gamma: 1-shot Tracker. Turns into a full tracker if healed (was told there was a healer). Tracked Maki N1, no result.

Day 1:
Postie heals RT (poison removed)
SC doublevotes RT
RT disables voting abilities (SC doublevote removed)
Mulch gives out 3 ITAs, all failed
SC lie detects NSG's "I am town", never gave result because NSG dead

Night 1:
Postie killed
Maki vanillaized
CT copchecks Maki, result sent to Kiana/Gamma
Kiana/Gamma tracks Maki, visited no one

Day 2:
Mulch gives out 2 ITAs

Night 2:
RT killed

- In a Micro, SK + 2 groupscum is a lot of scum power. This is especially true when town doesn't have real protection, is powerless to stop the kills (ala roleblocker), 1 of them is 1 shot immune to investigations (powerful in a short game like a Micro with 2 kills), and member that can just die D1 unrelated to either kill.
- An Amne cop is a great way to hunt for that for scum and town, and the purpose of Amne is to provide the result to town so scum can't just keep it hidden. The role makes sense design wise.
- The only two roles claiming to be knowingly affected by Postie's healing are RT and Kiana. This makes awesome sense from a design standpoint: either you save the town PR but vanillize him, or you let the town PR die but you massively buff another town PR. The only counterpoint to this was an early "scum were given fakeclaims", which they weren't.
- Lie detector and amne cop are close to counter claims. Both are basically cops. 1x LD is stronger because you can parity cop two people and etc, but they don't really fit together. Don't get why people didn't mention that way earlier.
- viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74171 - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=73578 - viewtopic.php?f=84&t=73043 having multiple actions in one night is nothing unheard of in Alisae games, and most of her JOATs can perform multiple but not unlimited. Yea yea, its a "not mafia" game and not an "alisae" game, despite me being told its an "alisae" game, I haven't played in a game before hosted by nm and am not gonna go spend hours modgaming for something unimportant. Saying someone getting vanillized conftowns Cheeky is garbage play and how you gamethrow doing garbage setup spec.
- Amne cop helps with SK /or/ creates a conftown, both of which are good for balance. Vanillize cripples a town role, perfect if you're copping someone. You want to talk about sketchy night actions? Cheeky amne copped Maki the same night they were vanillized... they did the exact same thing people are giving Gamma slot a bunch of shit over.
- Copping + vanillizing one target makes you watcher safe, tracker safe, and means you either vanillized the conf town you just created for your fake claim. Who knows, maybe the action is vanillizing cop, though I doubt it. Irrelevant.
- "She didn't try to take towncred for the cop!!" is not a valid response. She was never run up. What possible reason does a cop and by consequence a scum cop ever have to claim that they're a cop before they're l-1?

Part 3: Cheeky Scumcase

- My 2226 is a good extract, but look at their ISO next to Mulch. It is obvious SvS. Like, insanely so. To quote my own analysis,
- 1) every mulch and cheeky interaction is lighthearted and weak. there's no real "interaction", its all extremely surface level
- 2) cheeky has mulch as their top scumread and is barely on the wagon early game, and its hard to get a sense of time because i wasnt here but it looks like they only voted mulch late into d2 and mulch selfvoted soon after so it was very likely organized
- 3) cheeky did a fuck ton of buddying of rc, which makes sense because of their personal relationship and his controlling persona
- 4) mulch was setting cheeky up to endgame; had them as lock town, the whole ita shenanigans, etc
- 5) why would cheeky claim the amne cop result? a town wouldn't, it would be insulting to them to suggest scum!them would. you just attract a roleblock or a nightkill as town, so scum faking that role wouldn't claim it unless l-1d either.
- 6) notice how they chainsaw? rc scumreads cheeky so mulch discredits rc meanwhile cheeky pockets rc, hits it from both sides. mathdino pushes parallel etc
- RT had Cheeky caught early on. Eventually, between the cop and the buddying and the chainsaw discreding by Mulch RT got pocketed because RC is not a God of mafia who is incapable of failure. They're good friends. You're pushing your good friend, getting called stupid the entire time by someone you despise (#mulched), your friend is defending you the whole time and buddying up, what do you do? It isn't even trying to hide being pocketed.
- Following up to that, Postie and RC as the two most experienced players with Cheeky were the night 1 and night 2 kills because Cheeky knew she couldn't keep up the facade, as well as them being good kills otherwise.
- To focus in, all the ITA: Mulch stuff is almost cringy level of obvious SvS. Like, I am slapping my head against the wall ya'll are too focused on herpaderpmechanics to see this. That's the most obvious distancing / grab for towncred I've seen in a while.
- Amne cop is meant to be a claim that gets towncred while helping their wincon and balancing out against SK, it was played optimally for scum. Notice how they also conveniently vanillized the most threatening role? They had no way of presuming it was 1 shot afaik I'm under the impression that hasn't been claimed even to this date?
- And, a lie detector claim was very likely never getting mislynched so bang bing boom no risk high reward? I don't understand the statement "Maki was the day 2 lynch" in the slightest.
- False mechanical clearing themselves or their partners is common as fuck from Mulch. Invalid.
- Mechanically getting "cleared" is the only way scum!Cheeky endgames, they aren't a very strong scum player from what I know especially if people are saying that dumpster fire of an ISO is "out of their scum range".
- Stop with the "scum can't be vanillizer and cop" bullshit, that's a bad argument and you will never succeed in an Alisae game following it, because again
- This is partially an Alisae game and majorly a bigger troll and more bastard mod's game, and you are trying to use mechanics to solve it. Not only that, but you're trying to use bad premises wrongly to solve it. This is especially ironic coming from someone with "math" in his name. :shrug:

Part 4: AtE aka Why Should I Listen to Eddie?
-
- I am expressing 100% confidence in a scumread on Cheeky
- I am giving you the option of lynching Gamma first and having him cop me before we lynch him or lynching me to verify I'm town and then lynching him, I don't care, but I want a guarantee from all 3 players that he dies tomorrow or today
- Every person bleeds town besides him
- Yes, Mathdino, you're a confbiased asshole who's intent on gamethrowing. Nothing you've said about Gamma has been scummy, at all, that slot is just town.
- Yes, Maki, you're tilted and falling into the trap. You specifically should be listening to me, you've played a lot of Alisae games and a lot of Eddie games. You were in the last Alisae micro where Mastina and I caught and tunnelled both scum flawlessly and you and LUV ignored us and chose to gamethrow (particularly him). Especially important because
in that game you falsely mechanically cleared Gerry too. "How could scum's role just be a messenger? That doesn't make sense!

- Yes, Gamma, you're stupid too.
- This game has demonstrated over 90 pages ya'll are incapable of functioning properly. Fighting, whining, rage subs, false mechanical "clears", etc. You have a player you ALL except maybe Gamma and especially Maki should consider at the very least competent saying scum is 100% one player when we have 2 lynches left. Not listening to me for ONE of them is objectively garbage play. This isn't LyLo (yet, no thanks to you), you can't just write me off as scum and move on with it.
- Math, if you're so CERTAIN gamma SCUMSLIPPED because he couldn't parlay with the legendary MATHDINKLE, than you know I'm town and should be putting WAY more stock into what I'm saying. Not writing it off as "you weren't in the game your opinion is irrelevant". I've read enough to think this.
- Mulch is easy to partner read in a scenario like this. That is not a hard trait.
- I am willing to lynch myself, Mathdino, ideally Gamma, before Cheeky if you want to give him a night to get a guilty on someone. I am fine with that. I literally do not care how we progress as long as it involves every player who will be living past today to agree to do Cheeky if there isn't a guilty on someone.
- Yes, I agree it isn't a messenger probably. I will accept the loss if it is because I don't think I have any other choice. That is fine with me.
- Math, Gamma, stop being TvTing fuckwads and listen to your father.

REEEEEEE
Amrock#3784
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Mathdino »

mulch stop spamming
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Mulch »

In post 2782, Mathdino wrote:mulch stop spamming
Ok :?
Amrock#3784
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 2509, CheekyTeeky wrote:Seriously, we're still doing this? Your entire case is trash, I'll respond to each point in a bit.
In post 2525, CheekyTeeky wrote:Actually I'm done guys, just lynch me, the tunnel aint gonna stop, then it's between Gamma/Eddie. Well played if it's Eddie.
In post 2544, CheekyTeeky wrote:VOTE: CheekyTeeky

Pedit yeah that's still a scum team
responding to case point by point to refute their arguments :down:
ignoring it entirely for ate strats :up: :up: :up:
deranged and incoherent
?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Mulch »

:lol:

:up:
Amrock#3784
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm going to be legitimately salty for a while tbh, I'm still salty over wr mafia
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

who wants to help me write the game of the year nom?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Lmao. Anti-nom. Though I'd consider you for individual awards if I see you in more games.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Micc »

:mrgreen: