Micro 782: Jester Nightless - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 148, Ellibereth wrote:i was wrong about kokichi being a good lynch today
Why? That's weird to say. And you don't even explain
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Yo, so now that we've mislynched twice can we (collectively) start properly scum hunting now? I'm-a start that for myself with a reads list and go from there:

Town:

Town lean:

Archwing
Bicephalous Bob
Kokichi Oma
Ellibereth

Null:
- - - - - - - - - -
Jester lean:
- - - - - - - - - -
Jester:

ZZZX - - - - - - - - - - ZZZX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bicephalous Bob

Scum lean:

Not Known 15

Scum:

So if I was going to iron my reads out to PoE then I'd say Not Known and ZZZX are mafia with Bob as the Jester. Of which, I am obviously most confident on Not Known so I'm going to vote for them for now.
VOTE: Not Known
They've been throwing their vote round a bit and sheeped both wagons. They also seem strangely adamant that Ellibereth is the Jester. They've also contributed basically nothing to the game which is not only scummy but also something we'd ideally not want in Mylo. Of course, ZZZX has contributed nothing either, but he hasn't been so scummy about it and is simply a lurker.
I mostly just lurk now.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I have no reads, if I'm being honest. Everyone is scummy so I'm half expecting us to lynch jester by mistake.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Hey mutant, here's a fun little exercise for you.
NK15 isn't scum because of something that happened D1. What was it?
FLASH OF GREEN
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:20 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I’m assuming you are referring to how they knowingly and willingly hammered not_mafia?

If so, why do you think that clears him as town?
I mostly just lurk now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Ellibereth »

clears him as not mafia*.

you can figure it out.

this is exercise 1 in the mafia workbook
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Ellibereth »

also why we're not lynching kokichi today is exerise 2 if that wasn't obvious to anyone yet
FLASH OF GREEN
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

You’re saying nk15 is most definitely the Jester?
I mostly just lurk now.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Ellibereth »

can you think before you type
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 155, Ellibereth wrote:clears him as not mafia*.

you can figure it out.

this is exercise 1 in the mafia workbook
In post 155, Ellibereth wrote:clears him as not mafia*.
In post 155, Ellibereth wrote:not mafia*.
In post 155, Ellibereth wrote:not mafia
In post 155, Ellibereth wrote:
not mafia
FLASH OF GREEN
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I've been thinking arch was jester
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

So yes? Nk15 and not_mafia are the same person? Could be Jester OR town but just not mafia?

Look, I’m not good at the whole guessing thing. I’m someone with a lot of self doubt and I regularly second guess myself, so when you make your thoughts and opinions unclear it really doesn’t work for me and I end up confusing myself. Naturally, I will assume your opinion is that which is most probable. The fallacy there is that what I consider most probable isn’t always correct (obviously). I’d prefer my questions towards you to be about WHY you think something rather than WHAT it is you think. So I’d appreciate if you could be more straight forward with your opinions.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

So yes? Nk15 and not_mafia are the same person? Could be Jester OR town but just not mafia?

Look, I’m not good at the whole guessing thing. I’m someone with a lot of self doubt and I regularly second guess myself, so when you make your thoughts and opinions unclear it really doesn’t work for me and I end up confusing myself. Naturally, I will assume your opinion is that which is most probable. The fallacy there is that what I consider most probable isn’t always correct (obviously). I’d prefer my questions towards you to be about WHY you think something rather than WHAT it is you think. So I’d appreciate if you could be more straight forward with your opinions.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Eww crappy WiFi
I mostly just lurk now.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Archwing »

VOTE: Elli let's start here then
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

I think I found scum,
mutantdevle:
In post 131, mutantdevle wrote:Yes but anyone being at L-1 without selfhammering is Not Jester and should be hammered.

This post just made me realise that if he is Jester then we have lost either way. There’s nothing to claim and I scum lean him anyway so.... fuck it.

VOTE: Cooldog
and then, shortly later...
In post 137, mutantdevle wrote:I just checked and cooldog has been online since being put to L-1 and I posted my intent so we have a possible Jester here ignoring his wagon to get lynched.
There is a logical disconnect here.
I guess mutant wasn't hammering out of fear it would bite them back, and then saw me saying "ok" to a hammer without fully thinking through the argument, which is apparent in the second quoted post.
Now, there is definitely no town who thinks like that: mutantdevle isn't town.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

This was the post that made me suspect ellibereth as Jester.
Posts no vote but short fluff on RVS.
Their ominous reasoning(them just saying "exercise 1 and exercise 2") without saying why also points to them as Jester.
Keep your votes off them for now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:42 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:I think I found scum,
mutantdevle:
In post 131, mutantdevle wrote:Yes but anyone being at L-1 without selfhammering is Not Jester and should be hammered.

This post just made me realise that if he is Jester then we have lost either way. There’s nothing to claim and I scum lean him anyway so.... fuck it.

In post 137, mutantdevle wrote:I just checked and cooldog has been online since being put to L-1 and I posted my intent so we have a possible Jester here ignoring his wagon to get lynched.
I guess mutant wasn't hammering out of fear it would bite them back, and then saw me saying "ok" to a hammer without fully thinking through the argument, which is apparent in the second quoted post.
Your fallacy here is that scum still won’t wanna lynch the Jester. In fact, scum are going to specifically want to hunt the Jester because they are a mechanical threat to them.

You’ve pointed out a logical flaw that I hadn’t considered. If he had seen the wagon, he would have self voted. That was just something that slipped my mind and is hardly AI aside from showing I’m not thinking like a Jester. Those 2 posts were a few hours apart and I didn’t think to check when I placed the vote.
I mostly just lurk now.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 167, mutantdevle wrote:
mutantdevle:

Your fallacy here is that scum still won’t wanna lynch the Jester. In fact, scum are going to specifically want to hunt the Jester because they are a mechanical threat to them.

You’ve pointed out a logical flaw that I hadn’t considered. If he had seen the wagon, he would have self voted. That was just something that slipped my mind and is hardly AI aside from showing I’m not thinking like a Jester. Those 2 posts were a few hours apart and I didn’t think to check when I placed the vote.
Caught you.
In post 136, mutantdevle wrote:Yeah but if they are Jester they were just going to self hammer anyway.

For future days I suggest we should run people up to L-2 and then have 2 people declare intent to vote / hammer.
There are just some MINUTES between those. I think you didn't think that they were Jester or mafia(since you were Mafia) from the start. And took my line as excuse to hammer someone you really read as not jester and thus town. Without really, and wholly checking my argument. Because if you had really checked my argument throughly then you would not have done this.
It is the difference between being a townie and trying to look like a townie scumhunting by going with the arguments without actually scrutinizing them.VOTE: mutantdevle
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Archwing »

I'll sheep this for now
VOTE: mutant
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 am

Post by ZZZX »

I is sick

I is no like sick

I is post when no sick

I is also no grammar
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 168, Not Known 15 wrote:
mutantdevle:

Caught you.
In post 136, mutantdevle wrote:Yeah but if they are Jester they were just going to self hammer anyway.

For future days I suggest we should run people up to L-2 and then have 2 people declare intent to vote / hammer.
There are just some MINUTES between those. I think you didn't think that they were Jester or mafia(since you were Mafia) from the start. And took my line as excuse to hammer someone you really read as not jester and thus town. Without really, and wholly checking my argument. Because if you had really checked my argument throughly then you would not have done this.
It is the difference between being a townie and trying to look like a townie scumhunting by going with the arguments without actually scrutinizing them.VOTE: mutantdevle
You are REALLY reaching now. "Those 2 posts were a few hours apart" was referring to & which were time-stamped 8:50 and 10:41. That's almost 2 hours apart from each other. These are the 2 posts you originally quoted and obviously the posts I was referring to. You have directly twisted my words and meaning here to fit your own agenda. The point I was clearly making was that I was not considering when cooldog was last online when I placed the vote. But instead, you decide to retort with "but you made 2 posts that kinda contradict each other". You've already pointed that out. I've already said that this is a simple mistake on my part with my own logical fallacy. How is me being blatantly wrong something scum would do? As scum, I'd have no reason to make such a post. I'm not defending myself there, I'm not arguing a point, I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion. It is a simple post that has no real impact or meaning to the overall game as cooldog had already been lynched. At most, that post could have been used as an "I told you so!" if cooldog was indeed the Jester. I checked when cooldog had last logged in and voiced my initial thought on it which was blatantly wrong as I clearly hadn't put much thought into it. I simply wasn't thinking properly when I wrote that post and I don't see how being wrong in such a way is AI at all.
In post 168, Not Known 15 wrote:I think you didn't think that they were Jester or mafia(since you were Mafia) from the start. And took my line as excuse to hammer someone you really read as not jester and thus town.
So first of all, mafia don't know who the Jester is. Second of all, I had the perfect opportunity to vote cooldog earlier on in the wagon. I could have planted my vote then and there and had been done with it. Why the hell would I wait for the L-1 position to place my vote which is inherently more suspicious? And I wouldn't have needed you as an excuse, a simple hammer would have been fine since the wagon was essentially entirely sheep anyway. I was the only one on the wagon that wasn't voting purely because I thought cooldog wasn't a Jester. I was very clearly cautious of that possibility. But at the same time, I genuinely had a scum lean on him. I had more than enough reason to be on the wagon.
I mostly just lurk now.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 171, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 168, Not Known 15 wrote:
mutantdevle:

Caught you.

You are REALLY reaching now. "Those 2 posts were a few hours apart" was referring to & which were time-stamped 8:50 and 10:41. That's almost 2 hours apart from each other. These are the 2 posts you originally quoted and obviously the posts I was referring to. You have directly twisted my words and meaning here to fit your own agenda. The point I was clearly making was that I was not considering when cooldog was last online when I placed the vote. But instead, you decide to retort with "but you made 2 posts that kinda contradict each other". You've already pointed that out. I've already said that this is a simple mistake on my part with my own logical fallacy. How is me being blatantly wrong something scum would do? As scum, I'd have no reason to make such a post. I'm not defending myself there, I'm not arguing a point, I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion. It is a simple post that has no real impact or meaning to the overall game as cooldog had already been lynched. At most, that post could have been used as an "I told you so!" if cooldog was indeed the Jester. I checked when cooldog had last logged in and voiced my initial thought on it which was blatantly wrong as I clearly hadn't put much thought into it. I simply wasn't thinking properly when I wrote that post and I don't see how being wrong in such a way is AI at all.
In post 168, Not Known 15 wrote:I think you didn't think that they were Jester or mafia(since you were Mafia) from the start. And took my line as excuse to hammer someone you really read as not jester and thus town.
So first of all, mafia don't know who the Jester is. Second of all, I had the perfect opportunity to vote cooldog earlier on in the wagon. I could have planted my vote then and there and had been done with it. Why the hell would I wait for the L-1 position to place my vote which is inherently more suspicious? And I wouldn't have needed you as an excuse, a simple hammer would have been fine since the wagon was essentially entirely sheep anyway. I was the only one on the wagon that wasn't voting purely because I thought cooldog wasn't a Jester. I was very clearly cautious of that possibility. But at the same time, I genuinely had a scum lean on him. I had more than enough reason to be on the wagon.
You misunderstood me. The posts you referred to were not minutes apart. But your reasoning was obviously FAKE because of these posts minutes apart.
And no, the later portions of a lynch are not always the most suspicious. Scum can push wagons early, after all, even start them. So, if you are scum why didn't you push early?
The answer is easy- you didn't have any sound reasons!
Yes you said that you were leaning scum... but you didn't say why at all!
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:32 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I don't want to discredit you on account of OMGUS so I'm actually trying to read through your argument and make sense of it, but it just doesn't make any.

This is what I understand of your argument:
In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:There is a logical disconnect here.
mutantdevle is wrong
In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:I guess mutant wasn't hammering out of fear it would bite them back,
So this means that his posts made BEFORE he made this wrong statement show that he wasn't worried about cooldog being the Jester.
In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:and then saw me saying "ok" to a hammer without fully thinking through the argument,
And hence used what I wrote as an excuse to hammer without fully thinking through the extent of what I said
In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:which is apparent in the second quoted post.
Which can be proven by how he clearly isn't thinking things through in the second post
In post 165, Not Known 15 wrote:Now, there is definitely no town who thinks like that: mutantdevle isn't town.
And town wouldn't do this.

I just don't understand how you are drawing these conclusions. I made the mistake about a Jester ignoring their wagon AFTER I placed my vote, so clearly my vote wasn't influenced by that. Your post was in no way an "ok" to hammer. You never told me to hammer, your post wasn't even directed towards me. My OWN conclusion from what you said was that "if cooldog is the Jester, we are fucked regardless of whether or not I hammer now, so I may as well hammer in order to progress the game and find out whether or not we have just lost the game sooner". So yes, I did think your argument through and that was a conclusion that I reached by myself; unless you are claiming that your intention of making that post was to try and make me think that?

Your main point, as I understand it, is that I was blatantly wrong in an attempt to look townie? Please correct me if I am wrong. I explain why the Jester avoiding the wagon mistake is not AI in my previous post but I can kinda see where you are coming from with the hammering 'mistake'. If you were trying to set up the situation so that I hammered, I could see how you would think that me reaching that conclusion would be scum trying to look town as, to some extent, it was. Every single other person on that wagon was either straight up sheeping or had the opinion that we should lynch whoever isn't Jester regardless of if they are actually scum. I disagree with that mentality but I compromised since it was obviously a popular opinion amongst the town and I had a scum lean on cooldog anyway. However, I'd like to argue that your post in no way conveys that nor encourages me to hammer and if that really was what you were trying to do then it is scummy and manipulative. I also don't see how you don't recognise your own mentality of wanting a lynch that isn't the Jester above lynching scum reads isn't scummy, and might I point out, a mentality that is vastly different from today. Sure, lynching Jester is obviously bad, but I don't see why lynching people just because we think they are NOT the Jester is a good idea, because that essentially means we are lynching town reads.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I'll reply to 172 once I've eaten my dinner.
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”