Micro 785: Forest Fire Blitz [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Korina »

Also: WOOOOOOOO FIRST MAFIA GAME
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(Mafia as in the faction)

I like to think I looked mostly townie to everyone but Buj
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I knew the scum and primed brass.. fuck .. almost did this shit if they didn't change their mind.

I mean I admit lovebird and koki I was debating between but korina was obvious to me after hop died.

What was with the quick lynch :S
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by BuJaber »

If I doused christopher it wouldn't have saved him right?

Because that was my 2nd choice.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 16, BuJaber wrote:Lovebird probay arso imo.

Getting that in now for bragging rights at game end.
Blitz deadline lynching hop killed us. I wanted korina ;) and I was on lovebird from my 2nd post :P

Sorry hop I sleep at the time when everyone is most active.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Korina »

The quick lynch d3 was the “fuck we got gogogogogo” lynch

Read Arso chat n3.
You can see me slowly descending into insanity through-out the game.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

You didn't look townie at all korina. If there weren't multiple town playing abysmally, you'd have been lynched.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Korina »

Oh, rip.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 404, Korina wrote:The quick lynch d3 was the “fuck we got gogogogogo” lynch

Read Arso chat n3.

Your motivation to quicklynch is obvious. I was wondering why the townies voted so fast. Some of us didn't even get one post in before it happened.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by eth0s »

:(
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Christopher
Christopher
Goon
Christopher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Post by Christopher »

In post 396, Korina wrote:Yea, I was freaking out in Arso chat about all the odds, rofl.
GGs.
Ethos gave me like 20 heart attacks. Nice guesses Ethos. Have to give you that.
Great arso chat
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:49 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 407, BuJaber wrote:
In post 404, Korina wrote:The quick lynch d3 was the “fuck we got gogogogogo” lynch

Read Arso chat n3.

Your motivation to quicklynch is obvious. I was wondering why the townies voted so fast. Some of us didn't even get one post in before it happened.
Story time, I was at a tennis tournament Monday night. The day started and ended while I was there and I didn't stay for more than 90 minutes of it.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Christopher
Christopher
Goon
Christopher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:17 am

Post by Christopher »

Yeah, I was poor this game. The eth0s wagon on d1 wasn't necessary, but meh.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:33 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 411, Christopher wrote:Yeah, I was poor this game. The eth0s wagon on d1 wasn't necessary, but meh.
Day 1 is on me. I messed up
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Korina »

In post 409, Christopher wrote:
In post 396, Korina wrote:Yea, I was freaking out in Arso chat about all the odds, rofl.
GGs.
Ethos gave me like 20 heart attacks. Nice guesses Ethos. Have to give you that.
Great arso chat
Ikr? It’s beautiful.
Thanks as well. :p
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

I didn't read the table you made but that looked fancy.

I think it's clear blitz does require that everyone check the thread quite often. Not enough to just post once or twice a day.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Korina »

The table I made was the player counts assuming the following:
Whatever we currently know, (hence the "?" after some numbers)
If we never hit whoever you protected
If we hit whoever you protected once and twice.

It's slightly off, because I miscounted and did it at 2 AM.

I was really freaking out about this game.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by eth0s »

I would gladly play this setup with the same players again. I felt useless because I could post all the reads I wanted but nobody cared except maybe kokichi and hop. Everyone else decided nothing I said had any value since I specifically tried to draw attention to myself at the beginning of the game (which I do in all of my town games)...
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Can't speak for anyone else but I didn't want to engage with you after you flipped

Because a) I don't need to sort you
B) if I agreed with you on a read I didn't want the arso's to know.
C) you started talking about FF and if I seemed interested they might think I am.

If you read chat they were more or less agreeing with you on the FF candidates so that last point worked out.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by brassherald »

I just was not seeing where you were coming from eth0s. I knew you were town, but read lists without any reasoning won't convince me.

I'm very big, in real life as well as in game, on not just being told what others think, but for those people to support that thinking with something, otherwise, to me they are just empty words.

I'll admit, maybe I need to change my views on everything for my mafia games and just trust more people who are good players, but, personally, someone just telling me "X is scum" isn't going to do it for me.

I had fun, I don't know that I'd dive right back into a second play of this one, but it was fun for sure.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

No brass that's pretty much how you should play.

The exception would be that if you feel someone is town sometimes you have to take a leap of faith because town needs some level of cohesion or they literally can't win.

But yes a good town player is one that is good at both scumhunting and convincing people they're right. Most of the times it's one or the other. Very few people are actually really good at both but that's the level we should strive to reach.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by eth0s »

I'm confused... I didn't even start talking about FF until like 5 min before lovebird quickhammered so...

Scum was pretty damn obvious here imo
bonch
bonch
Townie
bonch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by bonch »

ugghh I talked myself out of the right read. ggwp Korina. You aped your towngame pretty well, but I won't be fooled next time.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Korina »

I was trying to look townie the whole game, because my scum meta isn’t really a thing.
GGWP regardless.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 421, bonch wrote:ugghh I talked myself out of the right read. ggwp Korina. You aped your towngame pretty well, but I won't be fooled next time.
Who are you?
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the victors!

The game has drawn to a close, the jig is up! Some of you have lost, but others have won!

Take a few days, think about the game. Recognize what was best in your teammates and opponents, and consider nominating them for a Scummy! Players and mods in this game may be eligible for one of the following awards:

BODY OF WORK AWARDS

Best Mafia Catcher
: Also known as the Paragon of Mafia Hunters, this award is given to the single town player who, across all of their games for the year, exhibited the best ability for nailing those dirty scumbags and bringing the bad guys to justice while playing as a pro-town role.
Rising Star
: This award is given to the player that is a rising star in the game of mafia, showing great promise to join the elite echelon of mafia players. This award replaces both the Best Newbie award and Most Improved Player awards, and judges may consider elements of both those previous awards in deciding this award.
Excellent Moderation
: Also known as the “The Modfather” Award. This award is given to the moderator who, over the course of the past year, exemplifies the best qualities of a moderator in the operation of the game, including but not limited to quality and frequency of vote counts, organization of the game, dealing with issues that arise, keeping players active, and so forth. Judges may consider how challenging the games a moderator ran were, but they shall not penalize a moderator for only running more basic games. A mod must run at least 3 games to completion in the calendar year to be considered for this award.
SINGLE GAME - PLAYER

Most Cunning Manipulator
: Also known as the “Don Corleone” Award. Awarded to the player who has the strongest single game performance as mafia. In rare cases, where a player feels an entire scumteam gelled to create a strong cohesive scum performance, multiple members of a team may be nominated.
Best Performance Third Party
: Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.
Most Memorable Event
: Also known as the “Kodak Moment” Award. Awarded to the player or players who were involved in the most memorable event in a game of mafia. Fake claims, funny claims, awesome exchanges, etc. may all be considered for this award
SINGLE GAME - MODERATOR

Best Setup
: Also known as the “Rube Goldberg” Award. Given to the moderator who designed the best setup. Judges may consider the roles involved in a game, how those roles interacted, how balanced a setup was, whether it furthered any particular theme, how the setup interacts with a mechanic, or any other factors the judges deem relevant. This award is distinct, however, from the “Best Mechanic” award in that it does not consider how good or bad any change to the basic way a Mafia game is played.
Best Flavor Text
: Also known as the “Paperback Writer” Award. Given to the moderator who wrote the most compelling flavor text. Judges should consider the flavor text of all parts of the game, including Role PMs and Day/Night scenes. Where appropriate, Judges may consider how well the flavor works with the announced theme.
Best Mechanic/Mutation
: Also known as the "Mad Scientist” Award. Given to the moderator who figured out the most compelling way to change the basic mechanics of the game of mafia, and/or created the most compelling new role or adaptation to increase player enjoyment. Judges shall consider both the basic idea behind the game as well as how well it was executed, and the uniqueness and quality of the role/adaptation.
SITE AWARDS

Game of the Year
: Also known as the “Player’s Choice” Award. This award is given to the moderator of a game. It is given in recognition of the overall excellence of a game. The Game of the Year award is a "catch all" award for the best overall game throughout the entire year, considering all aspects of the game from moderator quality, to the excellent design and composition of the game, to the performance and cohesion of the playerlist. A Game of the Year is meant to be the game that we can all point to later and say "This game was the best game the site could offer that year in terms of Design, Playerlist, and moderating capability." This is a PUBLIC VOTE. [/color]

The
2018 Scummies thread
is located here.
You may nominate a player or moderator for an award using this form.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”