Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Someone do something scummy pls
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:32 am

Post by BuJaber »

Ah okay

But why is that bad though? The way I've set it up as soon as anyone flips scum I'll have like 3 townreads by elimination.

This game is not typical as you can see. Playerbase is content at being more on the quiet side. Nobody has done anything obviously scummy. Nobody has done anything obviously townie. Would you really be happier if I had like 1 townread 1 scumread and the rest all nulls?
Because this my way is a lot more useful imo.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:42 am

Post by BuJaber »

And as for NM. From my pov the first pool is riskier to lynch from since my theory is based on gamestate theory rather than on the players themselves so I prefer to try to sort them a little later.

So it's between you, NM, MM, chris. Who for the record is back to a townlean (I mean he might be buddying me but I'd like to think I'd catch on to that if he continues).

NM is the stronger scumread among them.
MM I've never played with before. There is a degree of effort in his posts but he went back to not posting so it's meh.
I would vote for you but then I'd be lonely. Also there's scum motivation in trying to discredit me but at the same time you do seem to be dragging this interrogation out in a way which doesn't seem worth it for scum. I would think scum would have ignored me and taken advantage of this dead town but who knows. It really is way too quiet here.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Not_Mafia - 3 - Raskolnikov, christopher, BuJaber
Iconeum - 2 - Lovebird, major minor
BuJaber - 2 - Iconeum, GreenLiquid.
Raskolnikov - 1 - ZZZX.
Major Minor - 1 - Not_Mafia

Not Voting - none.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 2 at 1pm EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:00 am

Post by BuJaber »

Kmd you want to talk?

Tfw mod posts more than players.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 am

Post by BuJaber »

For the first time since I joined MS I feel like I have a solid read on NM. Sheep me. He's scum.

@Icon- you've talked a lot to me and about me; do you have any other reads?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I’m not
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 am

Post by BuJaber »

Would you respond any differently if you were?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 am

Post by ZZZX »

I am back. Will read up 2moro.mornong.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Christopher
Christopher
Goon
Christopher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Christopher »

FWIW,
Not_Mafia is at L-2
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 182, BuJaber wrote:Would you respond any differently if you were?
No
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

@Iconeum: BuJaber didn't correct my interpretation in , so I'm assuming he's implying it's accurate. If you consider BuJaber's strategy through those terms, what is your objection to it?
In post 161, BuJaber wrote:Shit I missed that chris had a townlean on me.

Okay

1 scum in {NM, chris, Major, Icon}
1 scum in {GL, Rask, Lovebird}.

And since I can't imagine the scum motivation to bus chris here if chris flips scum icon is automatically cleared no matter what (ie even if all 3 of GL, Rask, Love are town and I'd be forced to find the 2nd scum elsewhere wouldn't think Icon is scum if chris flips scum).
Why is Christopher having a townlean on you, in the absence of any other information, scummy? If you're town then Christopher is
right
to get town vibes from you. The only way I could see you making this observation honestly is if you believe people ought to be considering you scummy right now, and your posting to this point doesn't give me that impression. This feels like it might be a self-conscious scum post.

Also, is nowhere near strong enough to constitute bussing, IMO.
In post 158, BuJaber wrote:@GL:

NM: NM's meta is pretty well known throughout the site. However he usually has one or two good posts from time to time that give you a little insight. This game he has nothing. And that copy paste math lesson is very tongue-in-cheek and completely out of character and unnecessary.

Icon: I guess I expect more from Icon as a leader in this group if he is town. I might be wrong about that. But then he seems to be spending a lot of energy, time and effort on my case but everyone else he either gives a weak read on or a small line about and nothing else. It doesn't seem like town tunneling where he just thinks he's right. It seems like an intentional attack and avoiding to talk about anyone else.

Major: not posting much but also he doesn't seem to scumread icon that strongly so it seemed like a weird choice to make for vote. He also took his RVS vote too seriously.
What Iconeum is doing with you feels more like sorting then tunneling to me. He's primarily making statements about why he's scumreading you in response to other people's questions about it.

On reread, Major Minor's feels a bit scummier to me, but for neither of the reasons you give. The vote doesn't seem scummy -- it's natural to vote in a catch-up post since you've just gotten impressions from reading the thread. Taking Icoeum's random vote seriously can easily be confused/earnest townie behavior. What bugs me about it, and that I can put to words now, is that it feels like a detached play-by-play disguised as impressions on individual players. It's as if he didn't have a general impression of the gamestate and was instead thinking "here is a list of things I need to comment on to look like I'm gamesolving" and then he's gone.

Read in that light, taking Iconeum's random vote seriously might be Major Minor pretending to genuinely interrogate someone on a oddity/discrepancy that nobody else had mentioned yet. BuJaber might be right about his scumread there but the way it's presented is not at all incompatible with it being a distancing move.
In post 165, BuJaber wrote:Thank you chris for the explanation.

To townread you I'll need more yet. But since you explained there isn't a specific reason to scumread you so you're back to town by PoE.
He didn't explain anything; he just said your posting has been generally pro-town. This feels so artificial I think I heard your joints squeaking.
In post 172, Iconeum wrote: Then you say he has pro-town content, but fail to point those out or use them to validate your town read on Buj.
I'd like Christopher to expand on his townlean but I don't think they're both scum (assuming that's what you're thinking based on your pressure here). Their interactions do not seem at all like scum theater to me. It's most likely town!Christopher, scum!BuJaber.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 175, Not_Mafia wrote:Someone do something scummy pls
Why did you vote for Major Minor?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by BuJaber »

The townlean was scummy from chris for the reason Ico pointed out. He kept saying I'm null then sort of jumped to townlean without giving a reason. It's not the read I find scummy it's the change and lack of reason. If he had saud scumlean it would be just as scummy.

The rest is a matter of interpretation. It sounds ike you can see me being town just like you can see me beimg scum since you're interpretted me correctly and agree on my major read even if for different reasons.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 188, BuJaber wrote:The townlean was scummy from chris for the reason Ico pointed out. He kept saying I'm null then sort of jumped to townlean without giving a reason. It's not the read I find scummy it's the change and lack of reason. If he had saud scumlean it would be just as scummy.

The rest is a matter of interpretation. It sounds ike you can see me being town just like you can see me beimg scum since you're interpretted me correctly and agree on my major read even if for different reasons.
It seemed pretty clear to me that he was referring specifically to your opening when he was saying "NAI", especially because he says that both before and after putting you as a town lean on his reads list.
In post 188, BuJaber wrote:It's not the read I find scummy it's the change and lack of reason.
If you found his lack of reason scummy, why was his extremely vague answer satisfactory?

I'd like Iconeum to answer my question before saying anything more about your opening.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I'm less sure about Buj at this moment. There is actually a lot of downside to playing like this if scum, because it limits his follow-up actions upon flips. As scum, you'd want to keep your options open. Buj could easily push his NM scumread without putting out those associations.

Also interested in Buj explaining his NM scumread. Because i've read a couple of his games and played some with him, and I've seen him act this exact way (even using some exact same replies) as town AND scum. Convince me.

Buj, how do you feel having christopher on your NM wagon?

Major is gone for over 6 days... lovebird not posted in over 3 days...

ZZZZX townread - I hope you comes back soon and steps away from his Rask vote
Rask townread
GL townread

Not Mafia ... If nothing else I WILL policy lynch this slot because there is just no contribution. But that is last minute stuff, let's play the game while there is time.

Lovebird - scumreads me. Interested to see if that has changed.

At this time I'd say scum is in Buj, NM, Lovebird, MM
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:39 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Lovebird is being prodded.

Major Minor needs to post within approximately 12 hours before I begin to seek replacement. If he posts before a replacement is found, he can stay
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

@GL - I'm not expecting him to have a thorough case to be honest and his explanation was enough to put someone from a null to a townlean. I mean I think I'm being clearly townie here but given your and Icon's reactions that doesn't seem to be the case.

@Icon - given the fickle nature of my chris read and that after his explanation I'm putting him on a townlean myself it isn't suspicious that he's on NM wagon. Also NM typically attracts votes from both scum and town it wouldn't be AI by itself. Thing with NM is, as I'm starting to notice, there seem to be subtle differences in his playstyle. Regardless of how apathetic he seems he tends to still be interested in winning. So when he's town he has his occasional bursts of confident reads and disagreeing with people who have an opposing opinion. There's none of that here. As scum he has bursts of activity when there is something to gain like a legitimate wagon on a strong townie or when it's near mylo for example and town is confused he'll encourage the confusion. I get the feeling he also enjoys being scumread so when he's scum he's quite cheeky about it. And I really really hate that wallpost about some physics concept or whatever it was (i didn't read it).
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

Anyway good let's lynch NM or MM
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:26 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 193, BuJaber wrote:Anyway good let's lynch MM or MM
FTFY
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 am

Post by BuJaber »

You're so helpful thank you.

This is more fun than google: what's that pokemon called? What generation? And what does Milk drink do?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Miltank, 2nd, Heals 50% of your max hp
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Sorry, didn't feel like that long.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum