Micro 794: Miss List II (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

It might give me some indication that there's reason behind your reads that isn't strategic.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Idk i feel like the onus is on you to prove my read changes are strategic given that you're the one scumreading me

Like it just feels like a waste of time seeing as I don't have to convince you of anything since we're already voting together

And in the case that you're town I already agree BuJaber scum if not panther
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

All I am doing is asking you to explain your read on Not Mafia.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:Magna is hard to read cos he's stuck in site meta of like 6-7 years ago
Helpful in an unhelpful Not_Mafia way
Shows actual nuanced attempt to read Magna
Town
In post 73, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Heath

I think it's Creature and Heath, Creature will reveal himself before long anyway
Diving after the lurker, shows that he's thinking in PoE, agendaless
Town
In post 97, Not_Mafia wrote:lol I forgot this was 5-4
Towntell, check the timestamps, this was like 30 minutes later
Unplanned
Town
In post 98, Not_Mafia wrote:Heath, Creature, Chick, implosion
Gamesolve
Town
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Oh yeah and implosion interrogating me about my read on Creature's 2 posts makes me think he already knew Creats was scum and was getting a leg up

I don't think creatures first 2 posts could've been anything but null
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by implosion »

Fairly tired.

Setup breaking here seems to be a sort of strange beast; our EV is somewhere around 40%, and I doubt it's actually possible to beat that, but what the setup allows us to do is to exploit especially confident reads. So we are literally wagering the entire game on Creature being confscum with this plan. Which seems potentially reasonable. We can sort of do the force-x-to-sacrifice thing with any size of set of people, and detect when scum use their forced no-sacrifice. It's really odd.

There also is a part of me that wants to say fuck it to even lynching scumreads, and just focus on explicitly lynching hard-to-read people regardless of what people think their alignments are, if people can agree on who is difficult to read. I'm theoretically a candidate for that, but if I make it to lylo and am misread as scum then town still wins if I read correctly so it's like.

Idk. This still doesn't really feel like mafia. I don't really feel like doing anything in particular right now because nothing feels like it like, strongly helps us win the game. Like in regular mafia lynching scum is this great thing but in this setup it's just like oh boy we avoided a 20% chance to lose the game great. And even then mislynching and getting a shot off of it isn't necessarily bad bc eliminating scummy town in a way that isn't guaranteed by the sacrifice mechanic is useful. Idk.

All the talk about bussing vs not bussing is really stupid. The more I think about it the more reading into it is the kind of WIFOM that is actually completely indiscernible.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 256, implosion wrote:We can sort of do the force-x-to-sacrifice thing with any size of set of people, and detect when scum use their forced no-sacrifice. It's really odd.
I'm fairly certain that doing it with 3 or more people leaves us without any useful information as opposed to doing it with 2 people.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 230, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey I’m on board with this plan as long as the lynched player is not the one to determine the list.
And yeah although math already mentioned this.

I want to know *exactly* what line of reasoning led to this. Because the lynched player not being the one to determine the list has problems both with the fact that scum will inevitably bias the list, and with the fact that a lynched player is less likely to actually be willing to follow through on a plan if it's not a list they came up with.

And one of my big worries in this is some townie potentially deciding to go yolo for one reason or another after we construct a plan and just feeding us false information that we treat as sacrosanct.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 257, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 256, implosion wrote:We can sort of do the force-x-to-sacrifice thing with any size of set of people, and detect when scum use their forced no-sacrifice. It's really odd.
I'm fairly certain that doing it with 3 or more people leaves us without any useful information as opposed to doing it with 2 people.
Having more people in the group = lower odds of success, but higher payout.

If we do it with a list of 3 people and none of them die, then that *guarantees* that the majority of those players are scum, and additionally guarantees that either *all* of them are scum, or one is town and scum forced them not to sacrifice.

Which is a lot of information, and more information than we'd get in the 2-player version, but it's more likely that one or two (depending on scum strategy) of the sacrificers will actually be town.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by PantherPunt »

I skimmed to present but still didn't read pages 5-8ish so I want to do that before going into anything

MoI towny in everything I see and entertaining posts to boot. Math almost sorts not really push on me that I saw quoted was ugly and felt scummy but then in later posts felt towny for tone / emotion.

In that world where moi and math are both town and I think cult is town..I just have to find 1 more. That honestly feels too easy and I want to read all of math to feel less shaky on that read

I'll check which are the replace-in games for you math, but you better show your work for, at the very least, my enjoyment

Holy pedit: I relate to implosion post so hard regardless of his alignment. And that 20% rand to lose goes up each day you lynch scum btw!

I'm also down for whatever plan turns out to be best but I want to give those some thought too. Feels slightly yucky but also engrained into game. Imo scum should be allowed to block a sacrifice every night rather than one time but maybe I'm overlooking something bad about that
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by PantherPunt »

Look forward to catching up but wife is bitching to get off phone. Glgl
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Yeah townbloc complete
Mathdino
Magna
Cult
Not_Mafia
Panther

God help me try to get this to function though
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Creature »

Damn when you lose inspiration to play mafia.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Creature »

Why is Magna town?
Sigh
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm not convinced by Panther

VOTE: Chickadee

Magna sacrifices
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 263, Creature wrote:Damn when you lose inspiration to play mafia.
Damn when you're scum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Unvote
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Honestly the presence of a player like creature in this setup kinda breaks things for town
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 265, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm not convinced by Panther

VOTE: Chickadee

Magna sacrifices
It would probably be better for both of us if you sacrificed instead
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Mathdino »

So are we just waiting for Chickadee to propose a scumteam or what
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Chickadee »

OK sorry, I'm here. Saturdays are particularly bad, as I have back to back classes all day, and then standing plans. I'm caught up and will respond to things. I'm perfectly fine being the lynch. I need to think about who is on my list though. So give me a second before hammer. I want to reread some things.

In post 194, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 191, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In fact if she is the “Walking Mislynch” both she and Math have indicated I’d have expected scum to have really power bussed her for Town cred. Maybe the scum team is nervous about bussing for some reason (like, perhaps the entire team is generally weak players). It’s too early to tell but I’m this early I’m going with my gut.
I think this is a dangerous line of thinking to go down. Both Math and Chickadee herself have framed Chickadee as being lynchbait in response to my thinking she's scum, but I think a question that Chickadee has let go unanswered is a pretty important response to that idea:
In post 139, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 138, Chickadee wrote:Cult you could probably look at most of my games and see that I'm lynchbait. Seriously just take your pick.
Okay, what's your point?
My point is you are intent on scum reading me.
In post 214, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 212, Mathdino wrote:
In post 210, CultOfAthena wrote:That example would be a lot easier to parse if you didn't use "one of bu/implosion".

That vote is a scumclaim, by the way
in what universe do you actually believe this wtf
I'm obvious town.
Everyone assumes they are obvtowning. They usually aren't. Get off your high horse.
In post 219, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 125, implosion wrote:I also feel like we're being really slow to form wagons? Which seems meh. Wagons are good here. The difference between a town lynch and a scum lynch isn't even that high right now and associative tells are possibly valuable.
Thought experiment Implosion - what does this fact tell you about the composition of the scum team in general?

--
In post 138, Chickadee wrote:Cult you could probably look at most of my games and see that I'm lynchbait. Seriously just take your pick.
Fun fact – I took a quick look at Chickadee’s most recent 5 completed games on site and came up with the following:

Mini Normal 1989 -
In post 0, insanity018 wrote:Chickadee, who was a Town Doctor, has been killed Night 4.
Mini Theme 1927 -
In post 0, Persivul wrote:Spoiler: Alive
Chickadee - Mike Ehrmantraut, Mafia JOAT
– Translation Endgamed Town in Win

Micro 769 -
In post 0, Creature wrote:Chickadee Vanilla Town Lynched D1
Mini Theme 1968 -
In post 0, jjh927 wrote:Spoiler: Tasty Bread (8/13)
Chickadee EspeciallyTheLies
– Translation Survived with all scum dead

Mini Normal 1957 -
In post 0, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Chickadee, Mafia Even-Night Gunsmith, Lynched Day 2
@Chicka
– I’d like some insight from you as to why you agree with Math’s lynchbait assessment because these 5 games don’t seem to bear that out. Only one had you as Town lynched Day 1 and the only other game that you died by lynch was Day 2 as scum. Now this is just these first 5 completed games I saw in your ISO so if you have something to say to the contray I would love to hear it.
upick I was innocent child. That doesn't count. And I have this weird knack: If I think I'm doing well, and am actually interested and invested in a game, I am scum read as town. If I'm town in a game where I am uninvested and just floating by and generally dont know whats going on, I am town read. I clearly have no fucking clue how to town tell. So I don't really know what to tell you.
In post 245, Not_Mafia wrote:I think implosion is the most likely to win it for scum if he gets to endgame
Because he would implode.
BA-DUM-TCH!
I could not resist.....
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Alright. Scum team.

Creature (OBVSCUM)

Otherwise:
BuJaber
MagnaofIllusion
implosion

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Do you think you're doing well?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 273, Mathdino wrote:Do you think you're doing well?
I think I haven't had time to properly sit down and look at this game, but I am invested in it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”