Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Voyc »

In post 348, skitter30 wrote:
In post 347, Voyc wrote:@skitter
Judge actually says he missed the intent to hammer in 329, not sure if this changes anything of your view on 309 though?,
I just noticed that and if it's an important factor, Ig it's good to know
I mean, in 309 he quotes me giving intent and then tells me 'go ahead'. I don't know what he means later but from 309 it definitely looks like he's acknowledging the intent and isn't claiming out of spite, and, like, I just don't think that's what scum does there. I think they just claim in the hopes of getting a cc to kill.
Oh woops, I actually missed that
I wonder what 329 was then, but from where I stand it then becomes an attempt to not claim, and that doesn't look good
In post 348, skitter30 wrote:In post 336, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
But anyway, there's no time for us to even consider another lynch, and besides if I live I'm the NK and you won't get any info/results from me, so I think I'm the best lynch option how things are.

This doesn't really come from scum also imo. Like I don't think scum encourages their own lynch here.
This I completely agree with you, actually,
If there was more time I might be a bit more willing to put weight into it, but also I don't think it's something scum can't fake
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Ausuka »

If you think scum can't say something like that after literally being CC'd, you're just wrong tbh. This is a direct 1v1; My role and Dredd's role just don't coexist, and I have no scum motivation to do what I did.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 349, Ausuka wrote:JJD fakeclaimed my role. He was just unlucky. I called him out for it, when there was 0 chance of me getting lynched. I'm town, there aren't 2 watchers especially in a micro, and deadline approaches. Please, just hammer.
I mean, I'm not accusing you of being scum, and I agree that there's something weird with two similar roles, but, like, I'm having a really hard time seeing coming from scum.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Ausuka »

No, that is the scummiest post I've seen in a while imo. Like town eould just claim there. He's trying to AtE himself out of a lynch, but still isn't giving reads.

Besides, the roles don't lie.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Like I'm up at 3am rn just so I can get scum lynched on a mafia site and it's just like :(

but we can't NL here, not after we got a CC.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

In post 329, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote: In the third game I was the
Town Doctor
and I was pushed on D2 so
fake claimed
, got another townie lynched and got lynched myself on D3.
Just emphasizing on a fact that you can all readily verify. I was the Doctor but I fake claimed Cop with a guilty on someone. Town me does fake claim.

Scum me doesn't fake claim a PR. You can also deduce that from me calling for the lynch of the first VT claim in that same game, because I know if I'm scum that's what I'd be claiming on D1.

The reason fake claimed here? I don't want to talk about it. You'll probably find out on your own in a few minutes anyway, and if you can't work it out that's your problem. I had reason to fake claim in that claim and I do have reason to fake claim here and that's gone bad on both occasions.

So long
I AM THE LAW!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Does this look like the face of a wrong player to you?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 353, Ausuka wrote:No, that is the scummiest post I've seen in a while imo. Like town eould just claim there. He's trying to AtE himself out of a lynch, but still isn't giving reads.

Besides, the roles don't lie.
I mean, it's anti-town, sure, but I don't think that post was *scummy*. Like I really don't think it comes from scum.

I think i'm going to be hammering though just cuz like we can't no lynch here and the other people who are online can't (already on the wagon) or won't (jjd himself).
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I'm going to bed now. If there's no lynch when I wake up, I will be very sad.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: judge joseph dredd

I'm voting cuz we need a flip after the cc thing and given the deadline and who I think will be online in the next two hours I don't think any other flip is really logistically possible or reasonable.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I don't really think he's flipping scum though.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Voyc »

I will be sooo damn shocked if Judge turns out to be town

And Ig I'll announce this in game while I have the chance, so everyone knows

@Mod, I'm going V/LA from this Wednesday to Sunday (25 to 30)

I should theoretically have
some
access to internet but I'm actually not 100% sure
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

sup
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

two watchers in a 9 player game is fucking dumb, if they're both town then lmfao

jjd probs wolf though
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Spoiler: Reply to Vartsun
In post 287, Vartsun wrote:I'm guessing you were baiting them with your vote? Not because of a scumread? In my eyes, putting someone in a lynchpool and just voting someone to gauge their motives and make a wagon are not the same thing.
Well, yes, they are. If I pressure someone and they refuse to respond, they should be lynched. Otherwise, why bother?
In post 252, doomfeathers wrote:
I'm not saying more information is bad. But it doesn't make sense to have your attention jump constantly.
No, it doesn't. So you pick a few things that stand out to you and focus on them. You don't have to analyze the entire game.
I'm sorry, but who has the luxury to cherry pick who they want to focus on and analyze reasons to wagon?

Not town.
Everyone does. You pick which posts you want to respond to. Right now, you're choosing to focus on me rather than, for example, Voyc. Playing any game requires choosing priorities; Mafia is no different.
Also, I'd love to see your magical solution of seeing through WIFOM. :roll: If there's any WIFOM you've already detected, maybe you should tell me.
I didn't say "see through"; I said "see past". Don't try to analyze WIFOM. Just look elsewhere. That's pretty much what I did with Ausuka vs. you.
So you think the whole point of Ausuka-Vartsun 1v1 was to cause WIFOM and not gamesolve?
I didn't say that. I said it was basically WIFOM to me. Now, there might be things in it that are alignment-indicative; I haven't found them because I've been focusing elsewhere, and also because that whole thing is a headache to read. But if you would like me to, I'll move it up my priority list.
And you didn't come to any conclusions? Because you're not saying that you're analyzing interactions here. You're telling me that you're deliberately focusing on something else.
Yes, analyzing interactions elsewhere.
Thanks for minimizing
Varsoon's
opinions while dismissing me entirely. :igmeou:
That's not what I said. I meant that Varsoon had made it hard for people to listen to him, not that he had no valid opinions. Diplomacy and interaction require more than information; they also require presentation. And that's the job of the person who has the information.

I'm still not sure what you want from me with that. Do you want me to scold people for not paying enough attention to you? You're doing a pretty good job yourself, really.
If you didn't ignore players, then why are you still complacent with a PL on
Vartsun
? :igmeou:
I'm against a policy lynch at this point. It might have been a good option earlier because it would have kept the game from being ruined for three different players.
Also, if you analyzed everything
TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE WROTE
; then why aren't you looking at us both as individuals
AND
a duo?
You're a hydra. You're two people, but one player. Townpoints or scumpoints from one apply to both.
Another thing here is, why would you ignore arguments or players in the first place? You're admitting to doing something like this - which should notably be antitown - but I don't think you're towny for pointing it own in yourself.
Because I'm ignoring certain things in order to focus on others. That's not antitown; that's prioritization, and we all do it. Most people just don't do it as deliberately as do I.
:igmeou: Look at the playerlist.

Does it look like anyone's leaving now?

Ugh. I don't see any consistency in your thoughts here.
Oh, I see what's going on. Sorry, there's been a misunderstanding. I've addressed that just recently.
Is he [Myloninja] more likely scum than the other players I guess you're suspecting?
Yes. For once, I have a strong scumread. Myloninja is red.
3)
, this wasn't a reason for a vote on
me/Varsoon
. You just placed a vote because you couldn't post more that night.
As stated. My reason for the vote was that I needed someone to vote for, and out of my pool, my gut and a quick glance said you were the scummiest.
Why do you have to vote someone? It's valid to talk prior to voting sometimes, you know.

And this is first time I heard directly that this hydra was in your lynchpool. Who else is in there?
Huh. I hadn't really considered not having a vote placed somewhere. I'll think about its strategic implications.

That was the problem. I didn't have a lynchpool at the time. I just picked you based on gut, without real reason, and I believe I said so.
Varsoon's
busy right now, but I'm kind of holding out on voting until I speak and get in sync with him.
That makes sense. You don't seem the type to sit on it otherwise.
My solo game and my hydra game are not the same, regardless of alignment.

Of course, I have another head, and I understand that head before I act.

It's kind of the same as my solo game; I think to understand my own thinking, and then I act. I'm just quicker.
Relax, it was a compliment. You play aggressively, and you don't let off pressure. It's a good thing.
In post 257, doomfeathers wrote:Good, I like discussion.
I exist.
If it's not clear, that post was a reply to the deadline extension. Myloninja needs lynched, but we haven't talked today as much as we should have.
is a huge-ass associative based off no factual information.
As I said, relevant only after a scumflip. But I didn't want all that work to go to waste. Also, it was fun.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 289, skitter30 wrote:
In post 252, doomfeathers wrote:In case she didn't respond satisfactorily, same as Lycanfire. She got in the lynchpool by not posting. She got back out by posting.
Is it literally just that she posted? Did you like the *content* of what she posted?
Actually, you're right. Posting's not all it takes. Myloninja posted, and he moved from "lurker" to "scum" on my list. But Voyc's post was reasonable, and looked as though it definitely could have come from a townie perspective. Thank you for pointing that out.
Aside, I dislike that voyc's vote hasn't changed since *literally* post 10.
What, really? I'll have to check that.

Edit: Later, Voyc explains. Never mind. Good catch, though.

Later, skitter moves from "townlean" up to "townread" for me with her reads.
In post 294, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Generally speaking my reads are bad anyway (you can go read any of my previous game. I only have 3-4 finished games anyway). When I try to be a hero it most likely backfires. I want to learn to develop my reads more reliably, so I'm going to wait and see how things go before I have a solid opinion on anyone.
I've been there. Have you maybe noticed anything odd or out-of-place you could point out?
In post 297, Voyc wrote: My opinion on the slot hasn't changed, Judge is pretty scummy imo
Like, posts like which is an answer to a question that's supposed to sprout analysis, doesn't actually
go
anywhere, if that makes sense
What do you think of the rest of that post? I thought it was decently townie myself.
In post 301, Nero Cain wrote:I think I'm just sympathetic towards Mylo. Like I get the reasons why ppl are calling him scum but he's also brand new and like I could see his play from both new town and new scum and thus its null to me. I guess a new player/alt could fool me by playing up the newbie card and maybe that's whats going on but meh...
I didn't notice he was new, though he does have a good half dozen games under his belt.
In post 302, Myloninja13 wrote:Sorry guys for being useless this day phase, I just always struggle in the early stages of the game. When suspicion was on me, particularly early, I generally just freeze up and end up typing posts before immediately backspacing through them.

I... could root against my lynch here but I just get everyone's reasonings. My vote is still on a virtually RVS reason, I've made no solid town posts and my read post was terrible. I feel like not lynching me would just create problems in the future. Thankfully I'm only a vanilla townie, so we should still have most of our PR's in day 2.

My only proper reads before I die are Vartsun and Nero Cain town, and I'm suspicious of JJD and Voyc. Mostly just for the style of all of their posts, I can't see Vartsuns or Nero Cain from scum and JJD and Voyc have always seemed a bit further away from the game.

I apologise again, I'll eventually evolve into a player who is good at day 1.

UNVOTE:
:igmeou:
What.
UNVOTE:
I hate that post, but it also looks townie. Also, those are some pretty decent reads posted right when preparing for death. Let's see what he does D2.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 309, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 305, skitter30 wrote:intent to hammer jjd
Go ahead. Find out how stupid this whole wagon on me is. I won't even claim here. I want to punish you all for being lazy and going the easiest route, not to mention yielding to scum's will.
:? I guess I was wrong about JJD, too. I feel better about this lynch.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 310, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 308, Ausuka wrote:The difference is marginal and irrelevant. It doesn't change the point that the main thing you've been doing is trying to resist the TRs on voyc.
No. The difference is HUGE. If I'm being TR'd because I supposedly claimed a PR I will argue that I didn't. It doesn't mean that I'm no Town, nor even that I'm not a PR. It means that I didn't
claim
a PR.

Your reasoning is bad. It could very well have come from scum buddying Voyc. That is the argument I'm presenting.
Wait, what? What PR claim? Is he trying to bait us into thinking he has one?
In post 311, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Imagine I said something as ridiculous as "Vartsun is Town because their name starts with a V". Are you arguing against them being Town when you point out that is utter shit? Are you arguing against their alignment when you point out Voyc also starts with a V?
Actually a pretty valid point.
In post 312, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:Also, who am I scum with? Who has ever tried to defend me in any way? I don't even see a single player showing skepticism here. Do you think Scum will bus on D1?
Bussing and not defending are different, but still kind of valid.

Huh. Maybe we should save him for D2 as well.

Never mind. I still townlean JJD. Let's not lynch him, at least not tonight, unless we have no other choice.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 322, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 1, Gamma Emerald wrote:A lynch is reached when day ends and a majority of all players, half players alive plus one, are voting for the same person.
If plurality, is on at deadlines end if no majority is reached the person with the most votes is lynched. If there is a tie the person who reached the current highest number of votes first is lynched.
@Mod: What? What does this quote mean then? And why did everybody assume Mylo was lynched before you extended the deadline?
I assumed it was plurality. I need to read the rules better next time. Sorry. :|
In post 329, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:No intent was stated and nobody asked me to claim, but that's beside the point. The point is if I claim I will be shot at night anyway, so what good is it for me to claim? Suffice it to say I'm fucking Macho-something. I cannot be protected at night, so it gives me the satisfaction to punish the stupid townies who followed your case on me to know they killed me and not the scum NK.
First, there was intent, so that's wrong. Second, being killed by Mafia instead of town benefits town by making it possible that we lynch scum. Though I must say your modifier fits you well.

Okay, wow. But JJD is right. It's not necessarily a counter-claim. In my opinion, those two roles would equal about a regular Watcher. I think Ausuka and JJD are both town.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 341, Vartsun wrote:What town looks at their reads and says:

"Wagons are good."
"Let's lynch this person due to a policy lynch, even though I'm not going to elaborate on my scumreads or let me assessments over my wagons be known."
"These other people are scum."
"But I'm going to wagon this person."
"And this person responding to me is scum, but I'm not going to explain why other than make an associative on them, with the person I'm wagoning."
Please read more carefully next time. I specifically stated that I had not necessarily decided that you were scum, that the associatives were useful only after a scum flip by either you or Myloninja, and that I'd have to examine your own posts to determine whether you were scum. If I thought you were scum, I'd be voting you right now.
I'm more interested in Voyc post-flip.
Not optimal, but better than claimed PR, I guess, and no better than null anyway.

Nuts, did I miss the deadline? :eek:
In post 347, Voyc wrote:@anyone/everyone, what would your reactions be in this situation? Do you think Judge's makes sense??
Most importantly, I don't think scum!Ausuka would claim without reason like that. She's pretty much confirmed townie for me unless someone can point out a scum motivation.
In post 348, skitter30 wrote:Also if he's scum and ausuka is town, it's kinda weird that he managed to fake-claim a very similar role that town actually has.
Point.
In post 355, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote:
In post 329, Judge Joseph Dredd wrote: In the third game I was the
Town Doctor
and I was pushed on D2 so
fake claimed
, got another townie lynched and got lynched myself on D3.
Just emphasizing on a fact that you can all readily verify. I was the Doctor but I fake claimed Cop with a guilty on someone. Town me does fake claim.

Scum me doesn't fake claim a PR. You can also deduce that from me calling for the lynch of the first VT claim in that same game, because I know if I'm scum that's what I'd be claiming on D1.

The reason fake claimed here? I don't want to talk about it. You'll probably find out on your own in a few minutes anyway, and if you can't work it out that's your problem. I had reason to fake claim in that claim and I do have reason to fake claim here and that's gone bad on both occasions.

So long
Yeah, I'm fine with this lynch, then. Let's do it.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Aaand it's twilight. I was at a meeting while things were going down. Sorry about that.

Here, have seven posts in a row. Maybe they'll be helpful D2.

Mylo, I'm glad you survived D1. I don't think you're scum anymore, and I think you have potential to be a valuable asset to town if you choose. Let's do this.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I'm happy you guys decided to go for JJD instead of me, I'm a good bit sure he isn't town here. If I die tonight, I'd like you guys to be very suspicious of Voyc in day 2, particularly if JJD flips green.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Do I need to hammer?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

He's already been hammered I believe.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, vartsun
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”