Micro 809: Greatest Idea - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Micro 809: Greatest Idea - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Micc »

Micro 809: Greatest Idea
Moderated by Micc
Backup Moderator: Aristophanes

Players:

Maestro
GeminiTwin12
ManWithNoName
ceejayvinoya
Kop
Invisibility
Fredrick A Campbell
stungun0404
Not_Mafia

Spoiler: Alive
ManWithNoName, a
Town Vigilante
, survived and won.
ceejayvinoya, a
Town One-Shot Vigilante
, survived and won.
Kop, a
Town One-Shot Mass Redirector
, survived and won.
Invisibility, a
Town Prober
, survived and won.
Fredrick A Campbell, a
Vanilla Townie
, survived and won.
stungun0404, a
Town Mason
, survived and won.

Spoiler: Dead
Maestro, an
Alien Jack-of-all-Trades
, was lynched Day 1.
GeminiTwin12, a
Town Mason Doctor
, was killed Night 1.
Not_Mafia, a
Mafia Psychotrooper
, was killed Night 1.

Important Events:

|
Last edited by Micc on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Micc »

Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 48 hours please PM me or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at my own discretion.
Deadlines
  1. This game will have two week Day deadlines, and 48 hour Night deadlines.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player).
  3. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous
  1. I will use
    Bolded Dark Blue
    (#004080) for Mod posts. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Micc »

SETUP-SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a Greatest Idea Mafia game, which has 9 total players.
  • When the game begins, the cards numbered 1-76 (as listed on the 28th of March, 2016 revision of the Life and Death page) are shuffled, and three are given to each player. Each card represents an alignment and role.
  • You will receive a PM informing you of the three cards you have been dealt.
  • Once the PM's go out, you will have 48 hours to decide one card to represent your alignment, and a second, different card to represent your role. The third card, if the game's setup is valid, will be publicly discarded.
  • The game will be considered valid if a majority of alignments selected are town, and at least one alignment selected is permanently anti-town. If an invalid setup is created, we will try again, starting with a new shuffle and deal.
  • Here is a sample Vanilla Townie Role PM:
Vanilla TownieWelcome to
Micro 809: Greatest Idea Mafia
. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Alignment/Win Condition:

You are aligned with the
Town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.

Abilities:

The Basics
: As long as you live, you may use your arguments and your vote in the game thread during the Day phases.

The game thread is here.
Please confirm that you understand your role and have read the game rules by
PMing me your alignment and the name(s) of any partners you may have.

Spoiler: The Win Conditions are...
  • Town
    : You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
  • Mafia
    : You win when all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one Mafia player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
  • Judas
    : You win when one of the following are true:
    1. You win if you have not been lynched, and when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario, or...
    2. You win if you have been lynched, and when all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one Mafia player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
  • Saulus
    1. You win if you have not been lynched, and when all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated and there is at least one Mafia player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario, or...
    2. You win if you have been lynched, and when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
  • Alien
    : You win when all threats to the Aliens have been eliminated and there is at least one Alien player alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
  • Survivor
    : You win if the game ends, and you are alive.
  • Lyncher
    : You win if (your target) is lynched with you on the wagon. If you are unsuccessful, you lose. If your result occurs before the game ends, you will be removed from the game, and it will continue as long as it would otherwise not end.
  • Serial Killer
    1. All threats to you have been eliminated and you are still alive, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.
    2. All threats to you have been eliminated and your death occurred in the most recent game phase, or if nothing can prevent such a scenario.

Please Note:
This setup is Semi-Open and contains a significant number of interactions that are left up to the moderator's judgment. If you have questions about how a specific ability works or how specific roles interact please ask me either by PM or in the game thread.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Micc »

Card have been sent out.
Players have (expired on 2018-06-08 19:45:00) to submit their choices. Please remember that prompt choices mean we can start the game with less of a delay. Thanks!

UPDATE: Everyone has made their choices and we have a valid setup.
I expect to have role PM's put together and sent out later tonight. Once role PM's go out there will be a short pre-game confirmation stage before I open the thread for Day 1.

UPDATE: Role PM's are out. Please confirm by replying with your alignment and the name(s) of any partners you might have. Day 1 will begin in (expired on 2018-06-08 00:12:24).
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Micc »

Everyone has confirmed. It is now Day 1. Each player's discard is listed in the table below.

Player NameDiscard
Maestro
Lyncher (left)
GeminiTwin12
Mafia Compulsive Hider
ManWithNoName
Lover
ceejayvinoya
One-Shot Commuter
Kop
Mafia Godfather
Invisibility
Lover
Fredrick A Campbell
Survivor
stungun0404
Compulsive Childkiller
Not_Mafia
Alien Sympathiser

Votecount 1.00
Not Voting (9) -
Maestro, GeminiTwin12, ManWithNoName, ceejayvinoya, Kop, Invisibility, Fredrick A Campbell, stungun0404, Not_Mafia

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-06-22 00:35:00).
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

Ayo

VOTE: F A C
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hi

VOTE: Stungun
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
GeminiTwin12
GeminiTwin12
Goon
GeminiTwin12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by GeminiTwin12 »

What's up?

VOTE: Invisibility
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

¡Hola Todos!

Hello Everyone!

VOTE: Kop
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:36 pm

Post by ManWithNoName »

Somebody poisoned the water hole!

VOTE: kop
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Post by Invisibility »

hye goys so i thogiuhgt of this really funny joke for like RVS because you’re like supposed to be funny in RVS and its really funny so like how it goes is like you know how NM (or N_M)’ssssss username is Not_Mafia well the joke is like how his name is Not_Mafia where its like he’s like being a mafia that is lying or like he sounds like a mafia that is lying and its like so the joke is that I call him out for being like a mafia that is lying and saying that he is town so then i like vote him and go like “Your scum that is pretending to be town!” and then everyone laughs and it’s funny and then i also go like VOTE: not_mafia and then everyone does laughing and its funny
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by ManWithNoName »

Jokes are always funnier when you spend a good ten minutes explaining them.

So my joke was, I watched Toy Story recently. It stands there test of time.

Please reread that sentence for 10 minutes now
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by Maestro »

So you’re always annoyingly Scummy, Invis?

VOTE: Invisibility
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Invisibility »

i wrote that paragraph before the game started!
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:05 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Maestro, I have a question about your discarded role, if you have a moment and an idea of it.

What is the (left) part of it?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Maestro
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:39 am

Post by Maestro »

I assume the (Left) part was who my target was going to be, since this game uses a Face-to-Face “deck” of roles. Never been in (or modded) a game on-forum that uses a F2F deck, as far as I remember. And I’ve modded a lot of Idea games.

Micc ruled that alignment/wincon were the Lyncher part of the role, whereas the power was Vanilla. I didn’t want either of those, so I discarded it.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:59 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Should we all explain our discard?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Skype vs Discard Comparison:
Skype has been the leading video conferencing software for years now but ever since Discard arrived in 2011, it has been giving Skype a run for its money. Let’s look at a comparison of Skype vs Discard below:

1. Bandwidth Usage:
In terms of data usage, Discard is more efficient than Skype. Discard only transmits audio data when a participant in a call speaks while Skype constantly transmits audio data (it is more like a phone call). Speaking quantitatively about Skype vs Discard, Skype has a recommended bandwidth of 100 kbps for voice calls while Discard has a recommended bandwidth of 64 kbps. This is one reason as to why is Discard is better than Skype.

2. CPU Usage:
While the CPU usage is subjective to the system configurations, users have reported that Skype reaches a CPU usage of as high as 30% during a voice call while Discard reaches a CPU usage of as high as 15% during a voice call. This Skype vs Discard comparison shows that Discard’s average CPU usage is less than that of Skype’s.

3. File Transfer Features:
Skype supports the transfer of all file types and allows you to open multimedia files (such as images and audio) from within the software. Discard also supports the transfer of all file types and allows you to play them from within the application. It is a tie in this Skype vs Discard comparison.

4. Max File Size:
The maximum file size limit for Skype is 300 MB while it is 8 MB (free version) and 50 MB (Nitro version) for Discard. Skype is the clear winner in this Skype vs Discard comparison.

5. Screen share Features:
Both Skype and Discard have a built-in screen share feature, but it works differently in each application. In Skype, you can share your screen during a voice or video call by simply pressing the “+” key and selecting “Share screens…”. In Discard, you can share your screen during a video call only by tapping on the Video/Screen share swap button – within the screen share feature, you can choose to share your entire screen or just a specific application/part of your screen (a key function that is missing in Skype). Discard wins here because it offers privacy in screen sharing which Skype does not.

6. Call Recorder Features:
Neither Skype nor Discard supports native call recording, so it is a tie between the two. However, you can make use of extensions and third-party programs to add the call recording functionality. For Skype, you can use Callnote Premium Call Recorder. For Discard, you can use Discard Echo.

7. Group Call Features:
You can make free group calls via Skype and Discard, but come with different features for facilitating the group calls. The most major difference though is that Skype supports up to 25 members for a group call while Discard supports only up to 10 members. So, for large online meetings or conferences, you should choose Skype.

8. Private Call Feature – Audio/Video:
Skype and Discard allow you to make one-on-one or small group private audio and video calls. Skype allows private calling to landline and mobile phone numbers while Discard does not. However, Discard’s private call feature is more secure (since it assigns a dedicated server for private calls) which is why it takes the edge in this comparison.

Conclusion – Skype vs Discard:
Out of the 8 comparison factors that we have discussed, 4 factors were in favour of Discard, 2 factors were in favour of Skype, while 2 remained a tie. Based on these scores, our winner in the Skype vs Discard comparison is Discard. If you are looking for a reliable and stable telecommunication software, our recommendation is to use Discard.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

I think you are thinking of Ventrilo, not discard, NM.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

wut
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

wut
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:15 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Ventrilo, commonly known as "Vent", is a "program" that allows you to "talk" over the "internet" in "channels."

It is mostly used by "gamers" when they are playing "games" which require "coordination".
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

No I mean discard
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:33 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Okay.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”