Micro 814: Geriatric Trio (Mafia Victory!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So a quick check shows Cheesy hasn’t posted anywhere since his last post here. I frankly expect a flake-out at this stage and am a bit miffed. I really wanted see what he said about his positions in .

My suspicion of Music Box is starting to rise. This game is hardly a font of over-posting. But looking at his ISO there really is nothing there. I need to go back and look at the game we were partners in and review the Mafia PT to see if he ever acknowledged lurking while not under pressure as a viable strategy.

I also see something in that I think is a pretty reliable scum tell. But I need some context from a few others to assess whether I am on to something or not.

@Hito and RC
– What would you say your read on Invisibility (Town – Null – Scum and I don’t care what strength) right now.

--

Regarding Oath – I think has some odd dissonance to it. She’s at the same time peddling that I’m scummy but that anything I find scummy in her is a “playstyle” difference. If she really believes my suspicions aren’t founded because I approach the game differently why are her suspicions on me not equally likely to be playstyle disagreements? I’d like everyone to mull that over.
In post 40, Oath wrote:I don't think you could have powerful scum hunting based on this game. I'm an alt. I'm confident that you're better than that
I’d really like some clarification on what exactly this means? Do you think because you are an alt I can’t possibly catch you as scum? Are you suggesting I can’t catch a player as scum for an artificial first post? Please explain.

--
In post 42, hitogoroshi wrote:Mostly I plan to comment on things with bemused indifference until Cheesy posts and I go for the throat slash re-assess as wararnted
So if Cheesy flakes and gets replaced how does that change your game-plan Hito?

--
In post 46, nonny wrote:Nothing big to post right now. Am also looking for a Cheesy response. VOTE: cheesy hope that encourages a post to happen.
Who in your mind is most likely to be Cheesy’s partner if he is scum?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Oath »

No.. meaning I've played with you before and know first hand you're better than that. I'm not saying you can't catch scum in an artificial first post, I'm saying it's HIGHLY unlikely... but I've also done it and it's worked out in my favor.

First and foremost, I can give myself more benefit than I give ANYONE else because I know I'm town. That's the only thing I do know right now.

If you argued it was a playstyle difference again I would have to go review games, but last game I was in with you - we were both town and you were better than that. Granted it's been a few years, but this is my start... Also I'm not voting you so obviously my scum read isn't so great. Why are you so defensive?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 50, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 46, nonny wrote:Nothing big to post right now. Am also looking for a Cheesy response. VOTE: cheesy hope that encourages a post to happen.
Who in your mind is most likely to be Cheesy’s partner if he is scum?
Currently I only have an idea of who I think is not. Also, hard to look for scum partner until there is confirmed scum. Cheesy is the scummiest currently. That doesn't mean he's confirmed scum. Not sure I want to isolate reads based on a guess in very early game stages.
*insert bad joke here*
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 50, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Hito and RC
– What would you say your read on Invisibility (Town – Null – Scum and I don’t care what strength) right now.
Slight town for throwing out unsolicited town read early, especially since the post was basically a prod dodge. Not huge town because that's easy enough to fake but still, I kind of expect townreads paired up with other content from scum, not just out there for no benefit.
So if Cheesy flakes and gets replaced how does that change your game-plan Hito?
Tough to say. I don't really mind leaving votes on slots when players replace, because it's the same alignment and anyway high pressure is a good way for replacements to show their colors. But on the other hand, this seems like one of those slow games where I have to create a lot of the content for it to really move forward (notice that since my cheesy post like half of the game posts are just agreeing with me). So even though Cheesy-slot would still be my biggest suspect if they flake, I'll need to chase down some other line of thought just for something to do and probably I'll need my vote for that.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Music Box »

@ Oath and Cheesy: Are you suggesting (in and ), that RC should have put Oath to L-1? And in Oath's that hito should have done it?

@ nonny: In you imply that Cheesy should have done the same. Why would you want a wagon at L-1 at this stage of the game?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by nonny »

Music Box wrote: @ nonny: In you imply that Cheesy should have done the same. Why would you want a wagon at L-1 at this stage of the game?
In post 24, Cheesy wrote:Coyote's the right place to park your votes for now, ladies and gents.
This was the part I was focusing on. Not saying he had to vote for Oath. He was telling others to vote for someone else. He happened to already be parked there from RVS. Either, he didn't believe in the Oath wagon like the claimed in that very same post, or he was trying to split the town between to wagons while supporting both.
*insert bad joke here*
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Oath »

In post 54, Music Box wrote:@ Oath and Cheesy: Are you suggesting (in and ), that RC should have put Oath to L-1? And in Oath's that hito should have done it?

@ nonny: In you imply that Cheesy should have done the same. Why would you want a wagon at L-1 at this stage of the game?
I wasn't suggesting that hito should have done it, I wanted to know hito's personal reasoning for not doing it- none of which was L-1 avoidance driven. Which really isn't a risk Day 1 with this activity, who's quickhammering Day 1 with no info and not immediately getting lynched the next day phase? If we allowed that this game is a bust anyway.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Cheesy requires replacement and Invisibility requires a prod :(
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am

Post by Invisibility »

oh noes
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 am

Post by Invisibility »

hi people scumreading cheesy is it because he's posting awkwardly and that's scummy?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Kmd4390 replaces Cheesy!

RedCoyote requires a prod.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hi

Figure geriatric micro I should be able to handle. I'm headed to a Yankees game and working next three days after that though so gonna be hit or miss at best to start. Will read up today or tomorrow.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So as far as Oath goes... I liked the votes when saw them and magnas reasoning. Saw the first line of Oaths post and went "oh ok that makes sense". But then he says this:
Oath wrote:What's interesting is wanting my head when there were actually only 5 in game posts before mine (not including Mod posts) and apparently I'm supposed to have "more to offer", really? Wagon for reaction is one thing, but the rationale is that my lack of RVS makes me more likely to be scum is reaching.

That being said MagnaofIllusion is better than that, even the explanation of thought (explaining that typically they'd say different) rubs me the wrong way - like simply voting me was too risky for them?
I'm surprised he has such an issue with the early wagon considering he shows in the very next paragraph he has an understanding of how early game goes. Reaching is pretty standard by both alignments. And then he backs off by calling magna "better than that". I don't get why it's such an issue if it's poor scum play or ok town play on magnas part. It feels more like he didn't want to be accused of OMGUS or take on a good player so he voted off the wagon. The RedCoyote vote feels like positioning rather than acting on a read, basically.
Komala wrote: Now that you mention it, that post from Oath does feel kind of off, but I can't put my finger on it, maybe I'll think about it more later. However, why is the lack of an RVS vote scummy?
This just feels awkward. It reads like you found Magnas reasoning good and Oath scummy and show lazy intent to possibly follow up on it but then turn it against magna. Like there's a need to defend Oath even though you took issue with Oath himself.

Stopping after page 1 for now. Train is gonna stop soon
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Music Box »

In post 55, nonny wrote:This was the part I was focusing on. Not saying he had to vote for Oath. He was telling others to vote for someone else. He happened to already be parked there from RVS. Either, he didn't believe in the Oath wagon like the claimed in that very same post, or he was trying to split the town between to wagons while supporting both.
Post doesn't read to me like Cheesy was scumreading Oath much, if at all. Just that he could understand the wagon on him. So it makes sense for him to vote someone else.
Music Box
Music Box
Goon
Music Box
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Music Box »

In post 56, Oath wrote:I wasn't suggesting that hito should have done it, I wanted to know hito's personal reasoning for not doing it- none of which was L-1 avoidance driven. Which really isn't a risk Day 1 with this activity, who's quickhammering Day 1 with no info and not immediately getting lynched the next day phase? If we allowed that this game is a bust anyway.
In theory yes; but in practise a quickhammerer rarely gets lynched straight away.
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Oath »

In post 64, Music Box wrote:
In post 56, Oath wrote:I wasn't suggesting that hito should have done it, I wanted to know hito's personal reasoning for not doing it- none of which was L-1 avoidance driven. Which really isn't a risk Day 1 with this activity, who's quickhammering Day 1 with no info and not immediately getting lynched the next day phase? If we allowed that this game is a bust anyway.
In theory yes; but in practise a quickhammerer rarely gets lynched straight away.
Even still hito's reasoning was not to avoid placing me at L-1 which is why I asked the question in the first place.
Komala
Komala
Townie
Komala
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Komala »

In post 49, nonny wrote:Cheesy is your least suspicious but you want to vote for him? Am I reading your list correctly?
No, I think you're reading my list upside down. I believe I mentioned town reading Invisibility and being suspicious of Cheesy, so why did you think Cheesy was my least suspicious?
In post 54, Music Box wrote:@ Oath and Cheesy: Are you suggesting (in and ), that RC should have put Oath to L-1? And in Oath's that hito should have done it?

In , I asked a question to you specifically and also whether it's a good idea to put somebody at L-1 in the early game, which seems like something you have an opinion on considering this post, so why didn't you answer my questions?
In post 59, Invisibility wrote:hi people scumreading cheesy is it because he's posting awkwardly and that's scummy?
Yeah, kind of, for me at least. See
In post 62, Kmd4390 wrote:
Komala wrote: Now that you mention it, that post from Oath does feel kind of off, but I can't put my finger on it, maybe I'll think about it more later. However, why is the lack of an RVS vote scummy?
This just feels awkward. It reads like you found Magnas reasoning good and Oath scummy and show lazy intent to possibly follow up on it but then turn it against magna. Like there's a need to defend Oath even though you took issue with Oath himself.
Oh, does my question look like a rhetorical question? That would explain why Magna didn't answer. It was supposed to be a genuine question though, in order to better understand his reasoning, hoping it might help with reading in some way.
If I remember correctly, it went something like this: I saw Oath's post, thought "Wait, why aren't you voting?", then saw Magna's post who suspected Oath for that, went from "Oh yeah, Magna's right that's weird" to "Wait, but is it the scummy kind of weird? Is there scum motivation to not vote in that post or is that just NAI?" and then decided to ask Magna this. Then, when I was writing this part of my post, I looked at these posts again and did get a bad feeling about Oath's post from gut or tone or something which didn't have much to do with the lack of vote, I believe.

nonny:

I think I took a break from my read list because I had no idea about nonny and thought I needed a break, but now that I take another look, there's still nothing about her posts before my last that stands out to me as towny or scummy. Her new post where she got my read list wrong is kind of weird though. I'm thinking about why she made that mistake, but I'll wait for her own explanation before saying what I think might be possible reasons.

Oath:

: Yeah, I think it seeming artificial like Magna said in might have been what I thought felt off about this. Not sure though.
: Not sure what to think about this one. I like the point on RedCoyote and that she was trying to sort the people on her wagon, but like Magna(?) said there's something contradictory about disliking RVS and then doing nothing to advance it herself and accusing Magna who made the game get out of RVS.
: Asking hito "Why'd you vote Cheesy over myself?" stands out to me, but I'm not sure if it's towny or scummy. On one hand, I believe that scum pay more attention to how they're being read and who might be voting them why since being townread and not being voted is more of priority for them, so a lot of focus on these things is scummy. On the other hand, this could also be seen as trying to understand hito's thought process to help with reading, and also questioning why hito
doesn't
vote her might suggest being
less
afraid of being voted.
: The first part I disagree with, but I'm not sure if there's anything alignment indicative about that. "Do scum not buddy town? And vice versa?", though? That looks bad. This was a response to hito scumreading Cheesy for buddying Oath. hito didn't say in the quoted part that Oath was scummy for Cheesy buddying her at all, so where did "Do scum not buddy town?" come from? She's defending herself when it's unnecessary to do so, which seems scummy to me.
: So what's your read on Cheesy?
: Well, the playstyle disagreement stuff seems genuine. But... why is there so much focus on self-defense here?
: That's all you have to say about the second post from RC whom you're currently voting over Magna (see )? Did it not influence your read on him at all?
: I like this: "First and foremost, I can give myself more benefit than I give ANYONE else because I know I'm town. That's the only thing I do know right now."
I don't know... there's a focus on self-defense rather than scumhunting which is scummy and what scumhunting there is also seems odd (the reasons for scumreading Magna, nothing about RC's second post), but there are also parts that seem genuine and/or towny, so...

RedCoyote:

was odd, but I believe explains that. Other than that, the new post is also really good with some good points and questions. It looks like he's genuinely interested in moving the game forward.

Also a brief look on the new posts from the people in my old read list:
I like from hito.
Invisibility still seems towny, but I hope we get some more content from him soon.
What Kmd (Cheesy's replacement) said about me in reads like a genuine misunderstanding.
Post from MoI ... Good questions, I especially like this one "If she really believes my suspicions aren’t founded because I approach the game differently why are her suspicions on me not equally likely to be playstyle disagreements? I’d like everyone to mull that over." Also, I clicked the link to post #48 to see if I could find the scum tell he was referring to, but then I realized it was my own post, so no, I'm not gonna look for a scum tell there xD Interested in MoI's explanation though. For now I like this: "But I need some context from a few others to assess whether I am on to something or not."
Waiting for Music Box to talk to me.

Not really sure about the order of reads...
Invisibility, RC, hito, MoI are town reads. I don't really feel comfortable with Invisibility being the my town read anymore though. But idk who else is. Well, RC should hopefully post again soon and Magna's explanation of what he saw as a scum tell and what he needed from other people to see if he was on to something might also help.
Music Box and nonny are null right now so I hope they answer my questions.
Still suspicious of Cheesy/Kmd, also of Oath and I think I want to vote the latter right now.

VOTE: Oath

L-2
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hito, if cheesey was scum who wanted to buddy town, why buddy the player being wagoned? Wouldn't it make more sense to buddy stronger players? Or are you thinking he's white knighting the page 1 wagon for whatever reason?
Oath wrote: I wasn't asked for my Cheesy read and I haven't said anything of what I feel about what he said or what you've said. Both strike me as odd. If you want to know something, you can ask btw.
Is there a reason you chose not to give a read and then double down with this comment? You're right that you were never asked, but you also don't have to be asked to give opinions on the things you're already talking about.

Music box, do you find Oath, cheesy, and nonny scummy for believing L-1 votes should have been made?

________

Komala, no I didn't read your question as rhetorical. I was wondering why you chose to turn things against magna after acknowledging he may be right about oath. You seemed to agree with him but put off oath and immediately questioned magna. It was just weird to me. But ok, I can follow that thought process. Actually if anything I like that you didn't blindly trust magna just because he made a good point.

__________.

I'm caught up. Oath is my top scum read but I want to solidify other opinions and get more discussion in so I dont want to make a L-1 vote just yet.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.5
Kmd4390
(3): hitogoroshi , RedCoyote , nonny
Oath
(3): MagnaofIllusion , Invisibility , Komala
RedCoyote
(2): Kmd4390 , Oath

Not Voting
(1): Music Box

Posts reset in (expired on 2018-07-22 12:00:00).
D1 will end when a majority is reached or on July 28/18 at 12pm EST in (expired on 2018-07-28 12:00:00).
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

RedCoyote requires replacement :(
- Jingle
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 59, Invisibility wrote:hi people scumreading cheesy is it because he's posting awkwardly and that's scummy?
What do you think the alignment of cheesy/kmd is?
In post 67, Kmd4390 wrote:Hito, if cheesey was scum who wanted to buddy town, why buddy the player being wagoned? Wouldn't it make more sense to buddy stronger players? Or are you thinking he's white knighting the page 1 wagon for whatever reason?
If Oath's your top suspect, why so sure they're town here?

Music Box, vote in your next post.

I would normally be pretty on edge about Oath not really pushing their case, but it's not like RedCoyote has been giving much to work with, so I guess understandable. Pretty happy staying on KMD for now. Don't like how his posting has lots of needling on small points and his only stated town ping was him backing off on Komala after the explanation. It looks like he was looking for ammunition more than alignments
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hito you mentioned buddying. I assumed you meant scum buddying town. In that context, oath would be town. If you took that as being my reads, I'm surprised you didn't call me out for scumreading my own slot lol.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Invisibility »

Yo I’m gonna make a top quality wall when I get home
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

MagnaofIllusion and nonny require prods

Searching for a replacement for RedCoyote
- Jingle
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm still here if I may catch up. Concert yesterday and just goofed around on Friday.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Sweet!

Search party ended :)
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”