Micro 819: THE LAB 3 - What Does This Button Do? (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Skygazer »

it was interesting to play w a bunch of people that ive played with before on a different account
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

Enigma wrote:Can you let us know what happened with the N0 tinkering (when you have time)?
My device makes me sad.
I'd have to dig up the PMs, and it seems to me I did it in a stupid way where it all looks like one thread on my side so it's a gobbledy-gook-fest. The whole point of the tinkering phase was to gives players bearings on what your device might do - though some were given more clues than others for deliberate reasons (like, one device would make itself obvious once used and thus would get less initial clues, like the reflexive jailkeep switch, while the Gauntlet got a bit more nudging like that it was compulsive and maybe dangerous).

Skygazer wrote:fun fact i asked what my devices tasted like
I had fun with that :D

Inferno390 wrote:I think gadgets need to be just a little more straightforward.
Like, I think trying to figure out an ability stretched over two devices makes it really hard to figure out what either one does. And if scum gets their hand on one, it kind of fucks over the other half for town.
Very true. This is why it's likely better for a larger player count. Although, the 'stretched' ability was 1.) for balance (sorta) so I could shove more PRs in a small space, if that makes sense, and 2.) to help the town talk things out, and 3.) the connections
should have been
straightforward in some respect - glowball had a drone that could record someone with no way of viewing the footage (horrordude's tablet revealed the result). The Goggles Not_Mafia had should have been questioned right off the bat for getting a simple Cop result, even if the connection to another device wasn't altogether clear.
Inferno390 wrote:Also, reflexive gadgets are meh. The fact that mine never got used simply because it was reflexive was very detrimental to town and made the game less fun for me to play.
I think you may be right here with your device. I edited some things after creating your device, and it made it such that there would be very few cases where it would detect something, however, the big thing about your device is it would figure out connections between devices (if you were targeted by N_M's Goggles, you would see that Invis's Dial targeted you, too). This is not well explained in the mod thread, I'll admit.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 549, Skygazer wrote:glowball u were fun to play with
I really appreciated how much fun she seemed to have with the tinkering phase.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Why did you kill me vizzy? :(
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by glowball »

Ugh gg Viz, you deserve it

Honestly this game annoyed me to no end. Activity people. It's important.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:08 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 553, horrordude0215 wrote:Why did you kill me vizzy? :(
you were townread and i wanted glowball and inferno to fight more
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Enigma »

In post 550, Skygazer wrote:it was interesting to play w a bunch of people that ive played with before on a different account
Wouldn't have guessed you were Giygas lol
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Enigma »

I think the idea of devices is cool, but it really needs some time for figuring out. On top of that, balance is kinda screwed when you already are down 2 players by D2 - I don't mind devices being linked with each other as there is some interesting synergy, but this synergy can potentially be broken by D2 depending on how D1 and N1 turns out. Maybe a D0 of some sorts? Bigger game would also help as more time to sort this stuff out.

Yeh in the dead thread we were kinda convinced it was vizzy - at one stage though glowball, maybe because of her frustration haha
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Enigma »

Should I have asked more about my device? I still don't know what the optimal strategy for the device would be?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Micc »

:mrgreen: