micro 833: a coalition (D O N E)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:33 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 1.5

lynch:

TesXX (1):
Gamma Emerald
northsidegal (1):
YurikoJasmine
skitter30 (1):
DVa
DVa (1):
Raya36

not voting (5):
The Dark Wanderer, skitter30, probs a robot, TesXX, northsidegal

coalition:

• The Dark Wanderer
    : The Dark Wanderer, skitter30, northsidegal, TesXX, DVa
  • Raya36
    : skitter30, The Dark Wanderer, northsidegal, Raya36
  • Gamma Emerald
    : The Dark Wanderer, northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, probs a robot
  • northsidegal
    : northsidegal, Gamma Emerald, YurikoJasmine, Raya36
  • skitter30
    : skitter30, The Dark Wanderer, northsidegal, Raya36
  • YurikoJasmine
    : YurikoJasmine, The Dark Wanderer, TesXX
  • DVa
    : The Dark Wanderer, DVa, Gamma Emerald
  • probs a robot
    : northsidegal, Raya36
  • TesXX
    : none proposed
with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends november 28th at 23:00 central US time; in (expired on 2018-11-28 23:00:00)

mod notes
  • seeking replacement for TesXX
  • skitter is VLA on fridays and saturdays
  • micro 833: a coalition
[/area]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 411, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 397, skitter30 wrote:@gamma who's scum?
Idk
I’m incredibly out of it rn because I’m allocating a lot of time towards FE Heroes so I can get all the Tempest Trials rewards, plus general grinding.
I’ll work on reads tonight if I have the drive to, because I really don’t want to be a piece of shit after wanting this opportunity.
i get that you're busy with other things ... i just feel entirely underwhelmed by you this game when you are here

==
In post 417, YurikoJasmine wrote:just caught up. call it confirmation bias as much as you like, but I still get scumreads from NSG and robot. (Nothing I saw changed my mind over these two and I don't get strong reads from the others)
I'll read everything again hopefully soon with a more refreshed mind.
it's low-key townie to me for yuriko to be scumreading nsg given how widely townread she is - i think scum approaches town!nsg in this gamestate by just healing her/townreading her given how prevalent the read is; it's easier to just conform to that than to try to undermine it imo

i would be interested if you could explain why you find nsg scummy tho
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:43 am

Post by The Dark Wanderer »

i would prefer for robot/jasmine to be outside of the coalition and I can negotiate most other pairings with the caveat that I'll immediately know who I want to lynch should my coalition fail. I don't agree that yuriko's super sticky northsidegal scumread and refusal to address much else in the game is towny and her scumread on robot is kind of weird. in an objective sense yurikojasmine has also put less gamesolving effort than any other slot including Gamma Emerald who has been called out for lurking and northsidegal who has been absent, so...

my first picks outside of those two to exclude would be {DVa, Gamma Emerald, and Raya36} but I am willing to compromise there probably since I doubt I will convince everyone in the game to follow my exact vision of what the coalition should look like.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:06 am

Post by probs a robot »

TDW, when will you be around?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh i have another guess for you now
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

To explain that Yuriko/Robot read a little more:

I've thought about wolf approaches to the setup quite a bit and I think that wolves would explicitly want to have only one member in the coalition. The setup guaranteeing at least one wolf in the coalition guarantees that lynches hit that pool first and having only one wolf in that pool makes it easier to milk more mislynches from it before said wolf goes down. In that sense, I think that the wolf that enters the coalition is highly expendable and would, preferably, be the
weaker
of the two wolves. In a wolfteam that competently planned out the game and had the skill to execute, I would fully expect the strongest wolf to be absent from the coalition. I think as a collective that we have implicitly assumed that wolves are desperate and cornered rather than directing the game in the direction that they wish it to go. I think that going into this game with a simplistic 'wolf are going to push for one or both to be included at all costs!' mindset doesn't apply unless we assume that both wolves are newer players and have little confidence in their abilities.

Robot/YurikoJasmine fits the bill a lot more to me in terms of what the wolfteam would actually look like in this setup.

YurikoJasmine got a few lazy villa reads (including from me) for I'm not sure what exactly, she's done literally nothing and pings me at a few points and is independently a good candidate for wolf. Robot has played this game like tryhard wolf, explicitly aimed to be excluded from the coalition (which is
good
for wolves if the other partner is making it in), has made goes at several people that to me are obviously villa, not least of which is myself.

As I said earlier, the main goal of the wolves in this game should be to knock villas out of the coalition to get wolves included. This is the optimal strategy because it looks good as an individual to be picky about who you include in your coalition and it avoids the major pitfall of 'why did you push so hard for a wolf to be in the coalition' which is liable to get wolves absolutely murdered by associatives. On the other hand by vetoing villagers until the village acquiesces and includes a wolf, you look like a villa for aggressively sorting your coalition and some other villager who gets resigned to including said wolf after obvious villagers have been vetoed takes the fall for the wolf being included in the coalition. I think that this is exactly the kind of late game focused gameplan that I am seeing from Robot/YurikoJasmine pairing in this game.

1) Yuriko slot, the slot that's being groomed for the coalition in this table, is low in Robot's readlist but high enough to be reluctantly placed in the coalition later. I would expect Robot to not want his partner in the coalition yet and to try to be able to make it as a 'compromise' later in the game if necessary and Robot has perfectly positioned Yuriko as a compromise placement inside his coalition. Yuriko on the other hand has been hard distancing from Robot and in a way that doesn't make much sense, which fits perfectly with a wolf gameplan where Robot may need to put Yuriko in the coalition but Yuriko is free to make Robot look as bad as possible.

2) The interactions themselves are just sketchy, it's hard to put words to it here but their interactions are sort of forced and 'clipped' in a way that feels like they're forcing them to happen. Yuriko's "NSG and Robot wolf" is a pretty typical wolf distancing post and furthermore there's no explanation given of why Robot is ever wolf, they just end up being wolf out of nowhere and Yuriko doesn't say anything about that. Also worth noting that she called Musicjax 'null, leaning wolf' which is pretty typical wolfbuddy interaction as well.

3) Independently ignoring all the other things that tie the slots together I would call both these slots my strongest picks for wolf. DVa redeemed herself a lot and I think I was just tunneling there, Raya36 isn't like absolutely a villa but feels villa-y enough to me, and there's not much that says that my initial Gamma Emerald read was wrong either. That's not even looking at my harder village pool where I feel fairly confident that none of skitter30, northsidegal, or tesxx are going to flip wolf (maybe less sure on TesXX but we'll see what happens when that slot gets a substitution.)

Then you look at the way that probs a robot has been systematically attacking villa reads on several of the villagery players and yurikojasmine has also been targetting northsidegal (not overlapping in their targets mind you) it does look like they're working together to discredit the village core enough that yuriko gets definitely included (and she has already been likely to be included for a while, so, yeah.)
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

I am heading out right now robot but if you have a response I'll be back later to talk to you about it.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 am

Post by northsidegal »

hi, i am being incredibly disappointing in a game that was essentially my own before schadd offered to mod it. this is as distressing to me as i'm certain it is frustrating for all of you.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 am

Post by northsidegal »

if anyone's online i would appreciate it a lot if they could just talk to me about things while i try to read up.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

doing some self-reflecting, i feel like i might be hesitant to townread robot and TDW both just because of their playstyles and my unfamiliarity with them when in the last game people might have said the same thing about no-lunch. just one example of someone playing like that and being town obviously doesn't mean that robot is more likely to be town this game obviously, but it could say something about just going off of occam's razor.

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 am

Post by probs a robot »

I am present!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

TDW, looking at your coalition on this page i don't like that raya isn't in it, i don't agree with skitter being in it and i wonder how your read on DVa changed so much that she's in your coalition right now.

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:22 am

Post by probs a robot »

In post 434, northsidegal wrote:doing some self-reflecting, i feel like i might be hesitant to townread robot and TDW both just because of their playstyles and my unfamiliarity with them when in the last game people might have said the same thing about no-lunch. just one example of someone playing like that and being town obviously doesn't mean that robot is more likely to be town this game obviously, but it could say something about just going off of occam's razor.
I appreciate this.
TDW's playstyle is frustrating me as well. There are a number of things I am urged to call scummy because I do not like them, but which do not explicitly come from members of the mafia.

Your hesitation to townread me is understood. Shall we solve this around that?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 435, probs a robot wrote:I am present!
hello! i don't feel feel like asking you generic questions would be all that useful. any questions for me / things you want me to pay attention to as i'm reading through?

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:23 am

Post by probs a robot »

Would you please be able to sort DVa and Gamma for me?
I want to townread both of them, but continually give myself pause.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 346, probs a robot wrote:Approaching this game with an unusual posting style and gimmick means I'm unlikely to be townread.
Call it challenge mode if you will - I am supportive of a coalition which I'm not in. Because I understand there will be unconscious reservations in reading me as confidently as others.
wait, i actually agree entirely with what skitter said about this post. i feel like i've seen it before where scum dropped some kind of posting gimmick like that - i feel like in this situation, if you had rolled scum you might not have even entered the way you did or may not have kept it up. that read somewhat relies on your scumbuddy not already being widely townread, but it's still a point towards you being town.
In post 439, probs a robot wrote:Would you please be able to sort DVa and Gamma for me?
I want to townread both of them, but continually give myself pause.
i still don't really townread Dva. gamma is still not at the point where i'd heal him.

i think i'll try and focus a bit more closely on dva.

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am

Post by probs a robot »

What is irritating me about TDW is that I feel as though his reads are being 'dropped from a great height'.
He is reaching fairly substantial conclusions, but I feel that his reasoning is lacking. I also rarely feel that he is reading people for alignment indicative reasons. Posts such as this:
In post 431, The Dark Wanderer wrote:I am heading out right now robot but if you have a response I'll be back later to talk to you about it.
Also concern me as it really does not feel as though he is prepared to seek a middle ground via real time interactions.

However, these are not necessarily scumtells, just playstyle tells...

He just gives off the impression of being the type of player who I am not adequately programmed to 'get through to'.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

Post by probs a robot »

In post 440, northsidegal wrote:i think i'll try and focus a bit more closely on dva.
DVa is causing me to experience a sensation similar to the human emotion of
VEXATION
. She has sufficient content that I feel I should be equipped to sort her more effectively than I have.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 441, probs a robot wrote:What is irritating me about TDW is that I feel as though his reads are being 'dropped from a great height'.
He is reaching fairly substantial conclusions, but I feel that his reasoning is lacking. I also rarely feel that he is reading people for alignment indicative reasons. Posts such as this:
yeah people say this about MU-type players a
lot
so i think it's probably best to temper your expectations (so to speak) with that in mind

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am

Post by northsidegal »

my desire to start townreading robot is matched only by my desire to not prove correct the people who say i get pocketed by real time talking about reads

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:30 am

Post by northsidegal »

although to be fair i agree a lot with his reads in whereas TDW's read changes i disagree with, so it's not entirely unfounded.

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am

Post by probs a robot »

In post 443, northsidegal wrote:
In post 441, probs a robot wrote:What is irritating me about TDW is that I feel as though his reads are being 'dropped from a great height'.
yeah people say this about MU-type players a
lot
so i think it's probably best to temper your expectations (so to speak) with that in mind
Yes, this is the same conclusion I have finished at.
The concept of asserting my routine maintenance schedule onto him to force real time interactions has occurred.
This, too, has been tempered.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

i think i just might start townreading robot and if i'm wrong this game then that can just be my fatal flaw. i think i would be relatively okay with that.

HURT: gamma
HURT: yuriko
HEAL: robot

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:33 am

Post by probs a robot »

Is Yuriko beginning to concern you for the same reason they are beginning to concern me?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:35 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 448, probs a robot wrote:Is Yuriko beginning to concern you for the same reason they are beginning to concern me?
it was more of a "getting rid of perhaps an outdated read" hurt. just as you said this actually i read this post from yuriko, which i think is pretty towny:
In post 417, YurikoJasmine wrote:just caught up. call it confirmation bias as much as you like, but I still get scumreads from NSG and robot. (Nothing I saw changed my mind over these two and I don't get strong reads from the others)
I'll read everything again hopefully soon with a more refreshed mind.
i don't think scum in her position has much to gain from attacking me - it would make more sense for her to just make herself more towny and stay in the majority coalition.

that being said, i am making the same mistake that i so often pointed out as a mod in the last game, where i assume that what scum
should
be doing and what they
are
doing matches up exactly. in this instances it's more of a content-based example of that rather than last game's activity based theorizing, although i'm not sure how much of a difference there is.

things fall apart

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”