micro 833: a coalition (D O N E)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:39 am

Post by probs a robot »

In post 449, northsidegal wrote:
In post 448, probs a robot wrote:Is Yuriko beginning to concern you for the same reason they are beginning to concern me?
it was more of a "getting rid of perhaps an outdated read" hurt. just as you said this actually i read this post from yuriko, which i think is pretty towny:
In post 417, YurikoJasmine wrote:just caught up. call it confirmation bias as much as you like, but I still get scumreads from NSG and robot. (Nothing I saw changed my mind over these two and I don't get strong reads from the others)
I'll read everything again hopefully soon with a more refreshed mind.
i don't think scum in her position has much to gain from attacking me - it would make more sense for her to just make herself more towny and stay in the majority coalition.

that being said, i am making the same mistake that i so often pointed out as a mod in the last game, where i assume that what scum
should
be doing and what they
are
doing matches up exactly. in this instances it's more of a content-based example of that rather than last game's activity based theorizing, although i'm not sure how much of a difference there is.
I believe that most of Yuriko's ISO appears to come from a towny mindset.
The one concern I have is that my read on her is weakening, as my read on others is strengthening. The calibre of her contributions is "I think xyz *lurks*". This is not necessarily scum indicative, and I believe the
way she is approaching
the game is town indicative. However, I am beginning to find it difficult to parse the way in which she is forming reads. :(

I suppose there are no interactions between us which exempt the concept of SvS. But it does present as a heavily tunneled strange read which may appear as conventionally 'unlikely to come from scum'.

Hmm. Writing this post makes me think I am becoming paranoid.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:40 am

Post by northsidegal »

tdw's is correct in the theory that it's better for scum to only have one member in the coalition as opposed to both, but it also makes the same assumption that what is optimal for scum is necessarily what they're doing, and actions that would be beneficial
as
scum are coming
from
scum.

that's not meant to be some sort of comprehensive rebuttal or anything, just my own observations.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

man i really wish i wasn't scumreading skitter this game
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by probs a robot »

In post 452, northsidegal wrote:man i really wish i wasn't scumreading skitter this game
Me too.

I have parsed some of her town and scumgames and believe she is an incredible asset as town.
Sadly, this game is firmly within her scum range. :(
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 430, The Dark Wanderer wrote:I think that going into this game with a simplistic 'wolf are going to push for one or both to be included at all costs!' mindset doesn't apply unless we assume that both wolves are newer players and have little confidence in their abilities.
i mean, they just lose if one of them isn't in it; that's why i think at least one of them would be trying to get in
In post 430, The Dark Wanderer wrote:YurikoJasmine got a few lazy villa reads (including from me) for I'm not sure what exactly, she's done literally nothing and pings me at a few points and is independently a good candidate for wolf.
i'm very very weakly townreading her: the way she's approaching the game i think is +town (ie she wanted to see how her reaction test played out super early back; i don't think scum tries to undermine the townread on nsg either really)

it's not a strong read; def not strong enough to put into the coalition, and i wish she were more transparent about how she shares/forms her reads
and like she isn't present, but i'm not sure if any of those things are reasons to scumread her so much as indictive that i have trouble parsing her playstyle

honestly, this entire read is based on day1 pre-flip associatives, and i'm a little hesitant to use associative reads before there are flips since, well, it's entirely impossible to know if either part of the theory has merit at that stage; i feel like you're maybe weighing the associatives a little too strongly at this time

==
In post 437, probs a robot wrote:TDW's playstyle is frustrating me as well. There are a number of things I am urged to call scummy because I do not like them, but which do not explicitly come from members of the mafia.
honestly he feels super super townie to me

==
In post 440, northsidegal wrote:wait, i actually agree entirely with what skitter said about this post.
i feel like i've seen it before where scum dropped some kind of posting gimmick like that
- i feel like in this situation, if you had rolled scum you might not have even entered the way you did or may not have kept it up. that read somewhat relies on your scumbuddy not already being widely townread, but it's still a point towards you being town.
well that or use the gimmick to make thier thoughts inscrutable and difficult to parse
he isn't doing that tho; he's trying very hard to make himself as readable as possible within the confines of the gimmick which is why i'm finding it townie

==
In post 452, northsidegal wrote:man i really wish i wasn't scumreading skitter this game
i'm around now, you wanna talk about it?
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by DVa »

Feeling a little bit better about NSG now that she's shown up again. I liked her before but her absence was starting to concern me.

Gamma I still feel is town, but at this point I feel like he's not really putting in any more thought to this game than he did when he was scum, so I don't know how to get people to flip their read of him.

I feel like my read of Robot has gone back and forth on the dial several times, and I feel like his read on me is very weak as well. I want to say most of the time this has been the case for me in the past the person has ended up flipping town. Usually if I have doubts, the person is town. Usually if I am wrong, I am either all wrong, and if I am right, I am all right. But that doesn't actually shake my concerns with the wibbly wobbliness of his read on me.

I feel like I need to change my approach this game but I'm not exactly sure how, I feel like my reads for my coalition are probably right, but with some of my townreads checking in and checking out and the people I suspect being largely absent I feel like I don't have the material to actually help build consensus.

I don't know what to do here tbh
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by The Dark Wanderer »

robot really has no reason to be townread besides WIM
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm

@northsidegal I'll put Raya in my coalition if you take Robot out.
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Just based on comparisons to an altogether too long career playing werewolf I feel like I've seen Robot's reaction to my push coming specifically from scum over and over and over. It's an attempt to humanize (ironically) himself in the eyes of others and establish himself as the reasonable one in the face of my unreasonable suspicion of him. It's a decidedly tactical maneuver where the entire way that he's doing it feels extremely artificial and it feels really obvious to me that he's doing it for show to reassert his standing.

I feel like it's a really easy trap to just say oh Robot has made the most posts and effort so he's town and I see everyone struggling to read him but I feel like if you put your desire to townread the WIM aside his actual content has very little reason to be townread.

No, I am not particularly inclined to engage you and find a middle ground, Robot, because you are a wolf and there is no middle ground here. If you want to discuss coalition picks within the context of the people who I think are not wolves (not you) then I am willing to do so but unless you pull something drastic I think that you're a wolf and don't want you anywhere near the coalition.

And Skitter30, was Yuriko's oh my gosh northsidegal is so racist!!! thing really a reaction test in your eyes because I don't see it that way.
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:40 pm

If you're still around, northsidegal, I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why are we discussing racism
The last I remember that being brought up was in rvs
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Oh, I was actually wrong and it was Skitter30 who was called racist but I don't think northsidegal is around right now either way

Hi gamma emerald what are your reads looking like? thoughts on the game?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m working on my retread of the game rn, but to prevent burnout I’m posting in the moment as well
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

As for my reads, I posted what I thought of page 1 so you can go there to see where I’m about at rn
<Embrace The Void>

The Dark Wanderer
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
The Dark Wanderer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:52 pm

...okay

so you're still on page 1?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

On page 2 rn
I’m trying to parse every post, it’s gonna take a while
<Embrace The Void>

probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by probs a robot »

I am probably just going to disengage from TDW.
He is becoming unpleasant to attempt to occupy space with. Still likely a playstyle issue.

He is also clearly not reading my posts, and has made no effort to talk through why a single one of them is wolf indicative. He's just spamming that I am a wolf because I am. There is zero sorting effort in there, but it is bad!town before it is wolfy.

Only just realised I am the top poster. This game is very lethargic. Also, my WIM is beginning to run out.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by probs a robot »

HEAL: probs a robot
HEAL: the dark wanderer

We need a fifth.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by probs a robot »

I suppose Gamma is my foremost consideration.
Maybe Yuriko.

My reads are just stale.
probs a robot
probs a robot
Goon
probs a robot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by probs a robot »

I also feel as though I should want to heal DVa more than I do. :( If my WIM gets much worse I will try to do something about it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 458, The Dark Wanderer wrote:I feel like it's a really easy trap to just say oh Robot has made the most posts and effort so he's town and I see everyone struggling to read him but I feel like if you put your desire to townread the WIM aside his actual content has very little reason to be townread.
i'm not townreading him for post count or effort
i do think it's fair to say that part of the reason i want to townread him is because of WIM
and like idk i do read not wanting to be in the coalition as townie; the only way it isn't to me is if his partner is widely townread rn (which, going by the last vc, i think would point to one of nsg or you or maybe raya being his partner in this universe, but you and nsg are really townie and i don't really see anything in particular making robot/raya likely)
In post 458, The Dark Wanderer wrote:And Skitter30, was Yuriko's oh my gosh northsidegal is so racist!!! thing really a reaction test in your eyes because I don't see it that way.
see the spoiler in to see what i mean wrt the reaction test since i think i said it like six times already

that + scumreading nsg I also find lightly townie

so like there's a few things in particular that i like but holistically her absence/lack of transparency wrt how she forms her reads makes it hard for me to like actually townread her

==
In post 463, Gamma Emerald wrote:As for my reads, I posted what I thought of page 1 so you can go there to see where I’m about at rn
.... i mean that's page 1; a lot of things happened since then; i feel like telling people to look at your page1 reads in order to see what you think about the game is a little ???? and ... idk evasive might not be the right word but like your page1 reads aren't really helpful rn or game-solve-y

idk it feels a little wrong to me that you're offering that up as your current thoughts on the game when the game has developed a great deal since then

what do you think about tess?

==
In post 468, probs a robot wrote:I suppose Gamma is my foremost consideration.
Maybe Yuriko.

My reads are just stale.
the whole gamestate feels very stale
in this setup that points to me that scum are either happy with the coalition (ie one of them are in it) or that they aren't in a position to do anything about it (ie sometimes lurker scum is just the right answer)

i don't know how to diffrentiate between these rn
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by DVa »

What's WIM mean again?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

wants it more (kinda like how driven they are to win the game)
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;