Micro 870: Lynch Happy

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I do remember pushing hard for what turned out to be a mislynch on you, if that's your point
103-11 0-2
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 308, Jingle wrote:
Holy shit. I'm a little too drunk for this rn. I just tried to expand Austerity's sig for a solid 30 seconds.
Voted Best Mod. 9/5.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 324, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 323, no lunch wrote:u r a person 2, how well do you remember northsidegal's Geriatric Half Mast Nightless?
I remember correctly reading you and then losing that read, but I don't remember why.
I actually only just recalled out interactions, which is making me second-guess my read on you. Revisit that game and report back, please.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 327, no lunch wrote:Revisit that game and report back, please.
yes boss

I'm simply not going to do that.
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by no lunch »

Okay. Please don't be upset if I misread you here, but your play has been transparently forcing an agenda. My concern is I cannot tell whether your agenda is personality-driven, or win condition driven.

Would you please summarise in 100 words or less why you think I am mafia?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I didn't bother with a word count. Hope that's okay.

Spoiler:
In post 7, no lunch wrote:VOTE: Elsa Jay Everybody should sheep Vex on this.

@Vex, I await with bated breath.
I believe you lied about actually being interested in the setup spec because you never returned to it after this post
In post 100, no lunch wrote:Iconeum, are you mafia or tp?
I think this question was you posting for the sake of posting
In post 167, no lunch wrote:I do not intend to approach this setup with my usual level of curiosity and enthusiasm. Would anybody be interested in explaining why I am being voted?
I think this was you setting low expectations for yourself because it would allow you to skate by
In post 169, no lunch wrote:
In post 116, Datisi wrote:Thoughts so far? Ico is definitely acting suspicious ngl. Setup discussion makes you slight townlean for me since I think that sharing that info around (in a setup like this that's being played for the first time - correct me if I'm wrong) helps us more than RVS
Thank you for stealing my two reads.
Iconeum is conspicuously not town. Vex is conspicuously town.
This sounds like you were concerned that your thoughts wouldn't be original
In post 170, no lunch wrote:
In post 131, Vex Vience wrote:i think you and ico are mafia together. ico got caught, so youre jumping in to defend him.
This occurred to me, as well. Sadly in such a setup I do suspect it will not be so easy.

PvtUrist's posting presents as somewhat real, tonally. I would feel comfortable treating them as more likely town.
You imply here that you don't think that lyncher/scum will act transparently, but later you push the idea that people scum reading you means you're the lynch target
In post 232, no lunch wrote:My mistake. I had thought he suggested u r a person 2 sounded genuine. I withdraw my attempt to reach out.

VOTE: Austerity
In post 256, no lunch wrote:PvtUrist, I am legitimately not sure what part of my presentation makes you think I am aligned with the mafia. :(

I have three non-town reads in a game with three non-town players in it.
the language here continues to be stilted af (started in your baited breath line) which is not something I remember from your game and is low-key scum-indicative. I also don't understand why you think you should be town read for having a 'correct' number of scum reads
In post 261, no lunch wrote:
In post 258, PvtUrist wrote:plz giv readlist nl
It should already be obvious through reading my posts in isolation what my reads are.
In post 266, no lunch wrote:u r a person 2 (and PvtUrist by extension), I have limited time currently. I am not deeply enough engaged in this game that I can give you a read list off the top of my head. I will need time to think through it.

My reads in my ISO are my most considered reads. I do not remember all of them off the top of my head. If you have issue with a read I have stated, say so. Otherwise I will give a read list if and when I am ready to give one.

PvtUrist, please take a moment to consider that is more likely to come from non-town than from town.

Additionally, I am starting to suspect that I am the lyncher target. Either that, or I am appearing substantially more scummy than I intend to. But the only forthcoming case has been PvtUrist's, which was far closer to a list of grievances than a consideration of how I am approaching this game as a member of the mafia.

As I said previously. If and when. I will solve this at my own pace. If you have issues with me, attempt to engage me in a conversation. Do not try to position me, and do not shame my playstyle merely because I do not use my time to please other people.
These two posts are either you being obstinate for no reason, or because you didn't want to effort a faked read.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 329, no lunch wrote:your play has been transparently forcing an agenda.
now your turn. What agenda am I pushing, and how is it transparent?
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by no lunch »

Elsa Jay - lurker.

Clemency - lurker.

NotMySpamAccount - lurker. When he did post he took very safe stances. This is a red flag, from my perspective. I will revisit this.

Iconeum - almost certainly town.

PvtUrist - he has been pushing some very under-considered reads very assertively. This is very likely a town tell. My only concern is that he may be playing this game in a way which makes him present as town-aligned, rather than one which furthers the town win condition. Provisionally town.

Austerity - this player has won the "most interesting read of the game" award. His predecessor was transparently not engaged. Provisionally town, but he has set a high bar for himself. :)

Vex Vience - this player looks like town, at face value. I like the fervor of his posting. I like the way he is tossing reads around. He feels like a storm of effort. A lot of his work his rather nitpicky, and I am not sure his actual sorting mindset is particularly difficult to fake. So likely also town, but I suspect I will struggle reading this player.

u r a person 2 - as said.

{no lunch}
{Iconeum, PvtUrist}
{Austerity, Vex Vience}
{Clemency, Elsa Jay}
{NotMySpamAccount}
{u r a person 2}
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 332, no lunch wrote:NotMySpamAccount - lurker. When he did post he took very safe stances. This is a red flag, from my perspective. I will revisit this.
In post 322, no lunch wrote:Do you believe there are non-safe stances to adopt in this gamestate? This game has not been interesting.
we can add this to the list, too :wink:
103-11 0-2
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I lurk with style, I'll have you know.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 330, u r a person 2 wrote:I believe you lied about actually being interested in the setup spec because you never returned to it after this post
Vex Vience is usually very easy to read later in the game, as long as he posts. I was interested in him starting up momentum in his posting. Not in setup speculation. I believe I explicitly stated that I was only interested in this because it was becoming from him.

This was a misunderstanding; otherwise, I would like you to read this post and then take a step back, and reread your case with an open mind. From where I am sitting, your reasoning for me being mafia presents as almost entirely inductive. I doubt this is intentional (as either alignment) but I do hope it assists you in seeing where I am coming from.

I found Iconeum's opening non-town indicative, and acted accordingly to bait his response. Since, I believe he has showed town motive.

I would explain most of the rest of the posts which you have taken exception with, as coming from another perspective:

This game is not exciting. Not a lot is happening, and I am generally far weaker at finding mafia whilst also needing to defend myself. The exception to this is when some players very clearly believe I am mafia, and others are along for the ride. PvtUrist is the only player who has shown a concerted effort to sort me, and then came to the wrong conclusion. I am defending myself from people generally not paying attention to my posting. That is weakening my ability to solve this game.

I am not sure what else you deem non-town indicative. There was motivation in me requesting a 100 word summary.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 289, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Town
NMSA
urap2
PvtUrist
Vex Vience
Null
Clem
Ico
Elsa Jay
Scum
Austerity
nl
Please consider the levels of safeness possible. I do think it is challenging to have highly nuances reads in this game. These reads feel as though they are for fashion.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I don't understand why you're working hard to
convince me
that you're town when you think that I am scum.

As to what I think is scum-indicative. I just gave you a comprehensive case. Are you really going to shade me for making it too long? lolol

#flailing
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 333, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 332, no lunch wrote:NotMySpamAccount - lurker. When he did post he took very safe stances. This is a red flag, from my perspective. I will revisit this.
In post 322, no lunch wrote:Do you believe there are non-safe stances to adopt in this gamestate? This game has not been interesting.
we can add this to the list, too :wink:
And the point of this was that you can't in good faith imply that there are no non-safe stances AND also call it a red flag that someone has taken safe stances
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by no lunch »

You asked for me to indicate where I see your play being agenda-driving. I am explaining why I find your read on me unbelievable, and watching how you react.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 338, u r a person 2 wrote:And the point of this was that you can't in good faith imply that there are no non-safe stances AND also call it a red flag that someone has taken safe stances
I think that context is vital.
To say it another way, I believe that NotMySpamAccount posted for the purpose of being viewed positively by most people.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

real quick: nl, do you have a scum-game?
urap, can you re-link me your town games, but also link some scum games?

even though i hate meta, i really wanna meta these two. i have the tinfoil thought of urap v nl being tvt and i really wanna try to figure it out.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 341, Vex Vience wrote:real quick: nl, do you have a scum-game?
urap, can you re-link me your town games, but also link some scum games?

even though i hate meta, i really wanna meta these two. i have the tinfoil thought of urap v nl being tvt and i really wanna try to figure it out.
Here is my egosearch.
(I was not a part of the newbie game; I enjoyed the moderator's use of "lunch" in place of "lynch", and so decided to immortalize myself within its dead thread)

I have not rolled scum on this site yet and am not comfortable with offering off-site games. If you have meta-related questions I am comfortable answering them within reason. Though I know you have no reason to take my word for it, it will also help me to read you.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Most recent scum game viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79139
103-11 0-2
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

do you have a non-hydra one? i hate trying to meta based on hydra games.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

I dunno if this is my most recent town game but I think it is
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=79402

Oh, in the scum game I'm like 95% of all the posts from the Draco lucky Hydra
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Well, it was barely a Hydra game. I have exactly one other scum game. I'll get it for you. Honestly though, you'll get a better understanding of my current skill from that one
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

103-11 0-2
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

alright. i did read nl's iso of his town games, (coalition and forkbomb), and the first thing that struck me was the difference in posting from those games to this one. which makes me feel very weird about nl and how hes playing in this game. he seemed much more active and willing to make longer posts in those games, versus this one. which, i find very odd to say the least. i need to sift through uraps, but i really dont trust nl based on that alone.

pedit: ty urap. ill get to it in a moment. gonna make popcorn and then read them.

#CultsArentBastard
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by no lunch »

Vex, check the dates of Fork Bomb against this game for additional context.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”