Micro 879: The Black Site [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by teacher »

Ah valid. I suppose I should be looking to see if there is anyone else on the kop wagon who will switch. I saw some vlas so need to figure out who that is now. I think lmao, but TDC said they should be around this time.
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by shEll »

I can't contribute much at the moment but I'll be here if I have to hammer (probably kop from the looks of it) where hopefully i can contribute more.
A&S saying not to investigate them because theu're "obvtown" seems susp especially given that the reasons are wrong. Also voyc and lmao seem to continue townreading each other for no reason.
I will take one last look at kop and oversoul to decide who i vote
UNVOTE: spam
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by shEll »

UNVOTE: lmao i mean
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 364, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.16Kop (4): lmao, Voyc, Oversoul, TDC
Oversoul (2): Kop, Auro and Shoshin
lmao (1): shEll
Voyc (1): teacher

Not voting (1): Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-07-15 02:30:00).
Just want this on this page. Oversoul is now at 3, with me as the last joiner.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Auro and Shoshin »

VOTE: Kop
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Well that settles that I guess
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Shoshin, who is that player that you will not with under any circumstances? They might have been a head in RM
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.17Kop (5): lmao, Voyc, Oversoul, TDC, Auro and Shoshin
Oversoul (2): Kop, teacher

Not voting (2): Lil Uzi Vert, shEll

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-07-15 02:30:00).
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Skygazer »

[flavor here]
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Kop has been lynched! They were a
Mafia Encryptor

KopWelcome, Kop. You are a
Mafia Encryptor

Abilities
  • Any private topics that you belong to will have daytalk.
  • You share a private topic with [redacted]. You may communicate with them here [link redacted].
  • Your team has a factional night-kill. Each night your team can designate one teammate to perform this kill.
Win Condition
  • You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or when your factions controls half of the votes).
The game thread is here. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

It is now
Night One
. Night one will end in (expired on 2019-07-17 00:30:00). Please send in any night actions before then.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Skygazer »

deadline paused; need a replacement for oversoul
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Skygazer »

northsidegal replaces Oversoul! Deadline is in (expired on 2019-07-17 16:30:00).
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

[more flavor here]
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

lmao died last night! They were a
Vanilla Townie

lmaoWelcome, lmao. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • You have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.
Win Condition
  • You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
The game thread is [here]. Please send me a PM confirming your role and alignment.

It is now
Day Two
. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 players to reach a lynch. Day two ends in (expired on 2019-07-31 16:45:00).
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.00Not voting (7): Lil Uzi Vert, shEll, Voyc, northsidegal, TDC, Auro and Shoshin, teacher

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-07-31 16:45:00).
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i have the most queues
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 am

Post by shEll »

I think it's between teacher and A+S.
Both of their oversoul votes seemed like "oh shit i gotta save my partner before deadline".
Teacher didn't even give a reason other than gut and tone and even said that oversoul was playing a pro town game.
Auro & shoshin were voting him because of one townread he wouldn't explain that clearly wasn't going lynched and he clearly had a reason to townread him with a reason not to share it yet. Yeah scum
could
jump on him at the literal end of the day for no reason when he's not the only option (nor the best option) if they wanted to be obvscum. Otherwise I doubt it.
Teacher replaced duppin who was an esrly scumread of mine. However A+S's "don't investigate me I'm obvtown" bs where they only listed teacher as someone who townread them pushes them past teacher.
VOTE: A+S
Now you might think "oh a&s hammered kop therefore is town" which isn't true because I said 3 posts prior to the vote that I'd be there by deadline to hammer. So it's NAI.
I think oversoul/northsidegal, voyc, and tdc are town because they were all on the kop/r&m wagon at times where they easily could've voted elsewhere. Voyc and oversoul were also pushed by r&m and my two biggest suspects of being kop's partner.
Uzi I'm still trying to sort.
shEll is definitely fucking scum.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 am

Post by teacher »

In post 390, shEll wrote:shEll is definitely fucking scum.
Love the double entendre. And no, its not me. I said Id go there before deadline too, even before you did :P. Plus I think I am now pretty sortable.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Spoiler: Reads from yesterday with Kop and now NSMA omitted
Auro and Shoshin

TDC
shEll

teacher

Voyc

Oversoul

Auro and Shoshin:
The vote for Dup and the questioning of NSMA early on is by no means something that can’t come from scum but it melded with my brain because I had the same reaction to those posts. I find mind melding enables good conversation so King read to me like a player who I can work with and easily sort if need be. I also feel like doesn’t come from scum. Specifically him taking ownership with his content. I would expect him to deflect and to point fingers then to happily oblige to acknowledging what little he had produced up until that point.

A&S for a second made me want to go back on this read but I don’t see why scum takes the time to ISO their predecessor when they aren’t in danger let alone say they town told. However since then, both heads have laid out thoughts in a clear and concise matter.

TDC:
I didn’t feel good about him as I was catching up. I briefly mentioned why earlier but I’m going to touch on it some more right now. I have another game with TDC under my belt and while he did give off the impression that he was a veteran and a no nonsense kind of guy, I still find weird. He asks Shell to clarify what he means by stating that NSMA was his partner. This on the surface could appear as a older player annoyed by the introduction of wine so early but I didn’t get that when I reread it. It appears more like an attempt to scum hunt, except this kind of question isn’t going to accomplish that or lead to it. There’s no response that is going to help TDC understand the motivation as either alignment for the action because there isn’t one. My issue here is that I feel TDC knows better and is unlikely to ask this sort of inquiry as town.

My next issue is in which he gets on Dup for not willing to answer my predecessors RQS questions. He asks Dup what does he have to lose and the answer to that question is patience and time. RQS has historically not helped town find scum or generate much meaningful discussion and to let it go on like it almost did can create a game state that is filled with apathy. This coupled with the geriatric rule set only spells doom for me.

Now I wouldn’t have an issue with this post if the follow up wasn’t so bad. He claims that the questions will generate discussion at some point but doesn’t explain how or why in . A random vote is a lot different than a random set of questions that don’t have anything to do with game at hand. You can be held accountable for a random vote. You can create pressure with a random vote. You can create and join wagons with a random vote. You can generate information by how people respond or not to random votes. The problem with random questions is that people can answer most of them by simply working with information they have from outside of the game, which allows people to answer the questions in a mindset detached from their alignment.

The following isn’t much of a factor into my read but just things that I don’t quite understand. I didn’t read my predecessor’s ISO to be fair so I can’t gauge whether or not the commentary from TDC on the back and forth between Oversoul is alignment indicative. It seems like he was trying to say Oversoul should have voted my slot when my predecessor referred to a post on why he’s voting someone else. He further explains what he was getting at in and but it is still unclear to me what was the point of all that.

Shell:
I immediately wanted to scum read Shell for until I quickly remembered that we are playing under the geriatric rule set and every post counts. I also have seen town get more frustrated and react to Saudade early on that way more than scum. TDC can attest to this.

melded with my brain heavy and the tone just comes off very town to me. The read on R&M was bad but I think it’s a position that scum are unlikely to take due to how it go against the grain without necessarily being iron clad.

I love him trying to get my predecessor and Dup to come back to the actual game and focus on things more important in . While this still can come from scum, I like to think he would just stop at pointing out how much time both players are spending on the questions instead of going further and telling my predecessor that he better be eventually using these questions to game solve at some point and giving Dup a bit of a tounge lashing.

teacher:
Dup was one of my major scum reads early on in my catch-up. From his RVS vote for NSMA and his awkward vote for Shell in . I didn’t agree with and felt like he was calling the kettle black a little bit because it read to me like he was trying to convince himself his vote was solid as opposed to actually believing it is.

I did like as he explained exactly why RQS is bad and not worth entertaining but he got worse with his reaction to King in . He misrepresented King by asking if he thought that the votes early on should have had good reasoning. This is not at all why King decided to keep his vote on Dup. Dup followed a bad reasoning instead of choosing not to and I found it hard to believe Dup didn’t get that being the issue.

King was v/LA and while that doesn’t exempt him from his lack of content, it’s a lot more understandable that he hadn’t done much compared to someone not on v/LA. He points out why the RQS questions were terrible again but then shades Shell and Voyc by saying they aren’t following up.

It wasn’t until and that I started to feel better about Dup. His frustration reads genuine and the growing distain is something I’m having trouble seeing it come from scum. Sure, you could argue that he was giving himself busy work and tunneling to appear like he had a legitimate scum read but he was also making a lot of noise and drawing a ton of attention in the process over something that ultimately benefits him as scum. This is further supported by . If he was scum, why question a wagon based on faulty reasoning and give the player a potential out by requesting some meta?

Looking back, I don’t like teacher as much as I thought I did but I still like that he came with a different view on the game in terms of his scum reads and wasn’t shy on pushing them. I’m not sure what this means but I know it doesn’t make me want to lynch them right now.

voyc:
She’s probably my strongest town read. She’s actively game solving and being very transparent so I’m not sure why people are reading her different. I can elaborate if need be but I encourage people to look over her ISO again before doing so because I’m not seeing a world where she’s scum right now

Oversoul:
I had felt that the suspicions regarding my slot and the way he interacted with me and my predecessor was in good faith. It’s not until I reread him again that I noticed why he had voted for voyc at one point. In , it’s clear that he reevaluated his read on her and felt good enough to move her up significantly on his reads but almost a 100 posts later he says he can wagon her in and says she has felt off all game. This is weird because he had a moment of reevaluation earlier and there was little to no interaction between the two after that and no mention of why the off feeling had crept back in and compelled him to forget why he was feeling better about her. So overall I still feel good here but there has been some recent doubt.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:33 pm

I still think TDC is scum but who knows? I'm curious to see what NSG thinks.

-Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:40 pm

If it's not TDC, I'd guess it's Teacher? I dunno.

-Shoshin
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hey all, i'm honestly just here to collect my free victory from shoshin (and auro) carrying.

my heuristic for day 1 scumlynches in micros is that scum is almost never on the wagon or if they are it's the hammer vote. granted, i'm fairly certain that comes mostly from newbies, but i would bet that it holds true regardless. i don't actually have the hard data on this like i would for normal games, but still.

i have read very little but i'm gonna get on that now.
@shoshin
, to someone who is nearly totally ignorant, could you explain why you switched from oversoul to kop, and if you still scumread my slot?

(i'm also interested in why you think your scumgame is bad – from what i've seen it was fairly good, but this is less game related and moreso just for my own interest.)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by teacher »

@shos, what’s your history reading saudade? I have a feeling they were in Rick and Mortg, which also made me question from Luv’s slot. Only other note of interest from p1 is TDC and r+M RVS crossvoting.

I get the feeling like there are multiple other private threads going on here. Can anyone share the original game advert? Is it possible there is multiball with 2 2-person teams unaware of the other and only a 5 member town? Like at this point I believe I have seen what would be a mason claim AND another sign of a separate thread. I’m not going to elaborate who or where for now, at least until I have a better feel for the setup.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 131, Rick and Morty wrote:Yeah but we're not lynching "antitown" we're lynching scum
This was true :lol:
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by teacher »

+ + = VOTE: LUV
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by Voyc »

Really highly doubt this is multiball, I don't think so

Anyway I think A+S are likely town, I mainly want to sort between LUV/TDC/Teacher
I thought TDC was townie during D1 but I've been having my doubts

Does anyone have experience w LUV and if so is this his usual tone?
Seems a little weird to me but might be a playstyle thing
In post 390, shEll wrote:However A+S's "don't investigate me I'm obvtown" bs where they only listed teacher as someone who townread them pushes them past teacher.
What exactly makes you go "this is scum" about it?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”