Micro 879: The Black Site [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.02TDC (2): northsidegal, Voyc
Auro and Shoshin (1): shEll
Lil Uzi Vert (1): teacher
teacher (1): TDC

Not voting (2): Lil Uzi Vert, Auro and Shoshin

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-07-31 16:45:00).
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Lil Uzi Vert and shEll have been prodded.
i have the most queues
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by shEll »

Sorry for inactivity. I'll try to get back on track soon.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I thought I had posted last night :lol:
In post 396, teacher wrote:@shos, what’s your history reading saudade? I have a feeling they were in Rick and Mortg, which also made me question from Luv’s slot. Only other note of interest from p1 is TDC and r+M RVS crossvoting.

I get the feeling like there are multiple other private threads going on here. Can anyone share the original game advert? Is it possible there is multiball with 2 2-person teams unaware of the other and only a 5 member town? Like at this point I believe I have seen what would be a mason claim AND another sign of a separate thread. I’m not going to elaborate who or where for now, at least until I have a better feel for the setup.
None of what R&M posted sounds like anything Saudade would post. I think it’s more likely that he’s a spectator and was just messing around with a good friend of his in the moderator.

I don’t see a reason why this would be multiball. I have a decent amount of moderator meta on Skygazer and I just don’t see a reason why she would be inclined to make a 9 player game move faster or reduce the ability of a single faction to just run away with the win. Masons is definitely something she would do but I don’t see the benefit of pointing this out. Why did you decide to share this theory anyway? You seem like the kind of player who would quickly discard such irrational thoughts.
In post 399, Voyc wrote:Really highly doubt this is multiball, I don't think so

Anyway I think A+S are likely town, I mainly want to sort between LUV/TDC/Teacher
I thought TDC was townie during D1 but I've been having my doubts

Does anyone have experience w LUV and if so is this his usual tone?
Seems a little weird to me but might be a playstyle thing
In post 390, shEll wrote:However A+S's "don't investigate me I'm obvtown" bs where they only listed teacher as someone who townread them pushes them past teacher.
What exactly makes you go "this is scum" about it?
What about my tone?
In post 400, TDC wrote:I think it is pretty interesting that A+S are not pushing nsg for Oversoul's read of me anymore. I'm not sure I understand the NK choice if they are scum though.

teacher is throwing up a lot of dust there with the setup speculation. It should be obvious that nsg and I are not masons. Also agree with shell on teacher's Oversoul vote yesterday. Looks really bad now.
VOTE: teacher

Voyc: I only have one game with LUV where he was scum. Would agree he's playing differently here. Maybe more related to geriatric?

Nsg: What's your read on me?
My only thing is that there’s only one scum left. I don’t understand why teacher would throw up some lazy setup speculation and call it a day as the last scum. It’s bizarre sure, but I don’t know if it comes from scum.
In post 408, northsidegal wrote:haha, wow i should really proofread my posts more, especially in a geriatric game. i like how i said "finally" twice. impressive persuasive writing there, nsg.

anyways, i think i'm gonna summarize my points to do something productive with this post:

Points towards TDC scum:
  • Awkward / forced RVS interaction between R&M and TDC
  • Night one nightkill had TDC as top scumread after R&M
  • Unvotes R&M at critical moment with no reasoning
  • Eventually votes Kop with little to no reasoning (attempting to get credit from a seemingly doomed partner?)
  • Essentially no sensical trajectory when it comes to the R&M / Kop slot

going to save the rest of my posts for if anyone else comes online. excited to talk about this.
This is a lot better than anything I would’ve probably articulated.

VOTE: TDC
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Skygazer »

teacher has been prodded.
i have the most queues
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:30 am

Post by TDC »

A&S, ready to hammer?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 am

Post by teacher »

Howdy. I got prodded - my bad. I’m down on a lake w my fam but will put in some thought tomorrow.

I could see TDC but am surprised nobody is playing with my LUV theory, which despite LUVs shade, is a lot more than lazy set up spec. R+M misrepped the count on that slot, effectively ending the wagon.
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by Voyc »

In post 428, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What about my tone?
Seems too formal in an off way Ig
Like I said, might be a playstyle thing
And while I still don't really like your slot in general I like my vote on TDC rn
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

northsidegal and Auro and Shoshin have been prodded.
i have the most queues
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Auro and Shoshin »

I'll hammer if Shoshin approves.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 am

Post by TDC »

I like how you don't even want a claim.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:49 am

Post by TDC »

Read the game yet, nsg?
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am

Post by shEll »

I wouldn't hammer this early.
Catch up post soon
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 431, teacher wrote:Howdy. I got prodded - my bad. I’m down on a lake w my fam but will put in some thought tomorrow.

I could see TDC but am surprised nobody is playing with my LUV theory, which despite LUVs shade, is a lot more than lazy set up spec. R+M misrepped the count on that slot, effectively ending the wagon.
I think you are purposefully not taking into account context. Sure, R&M miscounted the wagon but I wouldn’t say he ended it. A replacement in Oversoul did.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by teacher »

I’m not sure I follow - are you saying Oversouls replacement into the game ended the wagon? A replacement target of Oversoul? What are you pointing to.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 439, teacher wrote:I’m not sure I follow - are you saying Oversouls replacement into the game ended the wagon? A replacement target of Oversoul? What are you pointing to.
Oversoul’s vote on R&M after replacing in and then catching up immediately after.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 400, TDC wrote:It should be obvious that nsg and I are not masons.
Ummmm..... I never even suggested you were? Actually my mason thing was a big ole bag of trash, as I discovered after the fact. I thought shells partner claim that struck me early was actually claiming mason partners with spam. Lmaos flip should have stopped me but I didn’t put the replacement together at the time. But why did you think I was suggesting you two?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by TDC »

I kind of thought you were talking about alive players and then Oversoul's unexplained town read was the only thing that seemed to remotely hint at masons.
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 pm

Post by shEll »

In post 391, teacher wrote:
In post 390, shEll wrote:shEll is definitely fucking scum.
Love the double entendre. And no, its not me. I said Id go there before deadline too, even before you did :P. Plus I think I am now pretty sortable.
I read through your iso and I didn't see you do that.
In post 396, teacher wrote:@shos, what’s your history reading saudade? I have a feeling they were in Rick and Mortg, which also made me question from Luv’s slot. Only other note of interest from p1 is TDC and r+M RVS crossvoting.

I get the feeling like there are multiple other private threads going on here. Can anyone share the original game advert? Is it possible there is multiball with 2 2-person teams unaware of the other and only a 5 member town? Like at this point I believe I have seen what would be a mason claim AND another sign of a separate thread. I’m not going to elaborate who or where for now, at least until I have a better feel for the setup.
5v2v2 would be pretty broken, so I doubt it. You bringing this up could be an attempt to get rid of townreads by association though that is a bit of a stretch.
Still kinda suspicious that you would bring up that you've seen these things, for the public to see.
In post 399, Voyc wrote:Really highly doubt this is multiball, I don't think so

Anyway I think A+S are likely town, I mainly want to sort between LUV/TDC/Teacher
I thought TDC was townie during D1 but I've been having my doubts

Does anyone have experience w LUV and if so is this his usual tone?
Seems a little weird to me but might be a playstyle thing
In post 390, shEll wrote:However A+S's "don't investigate me I'm obvtown" bs where they only listed teacher as someone who townread them pushes them past teacher.
What exactly makes you go "this is scum" about it?
Because if you're town and you get investigated that's good. I can understand someone not thinking they need to be investigated but to straight up tell investigative roles not to investigate you is suspicious because that would make more sense as scum (especially scum that could be about to lose their partner).
In post 414, TDC wrote:Nsg: I asked because Oversoul implied hard info on me multiple times. So surprised you don't have anything. That said, I don't see scum Oversoul setting himself up for a power role claim of some sort , lynching his buddy and then replacing out like that.

1)
I can see the NK angle, although I think I would have NKed Oversoul (because IF I was scum his info was obviously wrong, so better bury it before he realizes himself?)

2)
I think my trajectory on R&M is actually pretty straightforward: I was not able to form a read on him in a way that would make him a primary lynch target, but felt bad enough about the slot that I didn't mind that lynch. I would've happily stayed on lmao had there been more support for that.

I already thougt yesterday that my lynch would be high info, maybe less so today, but I guess it's not the worst option either.

You have to be pretty delusional to see my activity on the Kop lynch as more scummy as teacher actively avoiding it, though.

3)
Also, people going on about how they already solved the game yesterday, because they are that good, really drains my motivation to put more effort into this. If you are really such legends I'm sure you are going to find the last scum just fine without me :roll:
1) disagree because him finding his info was wrong would probably put you at null and not hurt you as much as keeping lmao alive.
2)i think people's problem is the reasons (or lack thereof) for you switching on and off and on with r&m/kop didn't make sense
3) i think they're joking
In post 430, TDC wrote:A&S, ready to hammer?
In post 434, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I'll hammer if Shoshin approves.
In post 435, TDC wrote:I like how you don't even want a claim.

This seems kinda like a reaction test by tdc to see if A&S will hammer him which seems towny. He's possibly risking his own lynch to expose A&S. A&S not asking for a claim is also suspicious as tdc pointed out.
In post 431, teacher wrote:Howdy. I got prodded - my bad. I’m down on a lake w my fam but will put in some thought tomorrow.

It didn't really end the wagon. If he purposely misrepped it all it would do would cause brief confusion and people going back to vetto, that is, if nothing else happened to stop it (which I'm pretty sure what stopped it was the shift to rickmorty).

UNVOTE: A&S
Really not sure at this point
Seeing maybe teacher but that's just a theory...

Preview edit: i thought I quoted NSG's case on TDC and A&S's explanation for the whole kop switch but I didn't. I thought NSG's case was good other than the RVS part and it did change my view of him. A&S's explanation made sense and even seems kinda towny.
shEll
shEll
Townie
shEll
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by shEll »

If there are typos or mistakes let me know because I'm super tired right now
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by TDC »

Just join me on the teacher wagon and see where it goes.

Info gained from everyone agreeing on a quick lynch is basically zero.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 422, TDC wrote:Regarding the NK, again I understand your rationale and it is sound. I am merely offering my speculation on what I would have done in that place.

I find it strange that you don't even try to understand what could have motivated your predecessor.
i find your finding that strange a little strange. i don't really understand why you think that's something that i should think is important – when it comes to hard factual information, he knew just as much as i do now. what kind of truth do you think i would potentially be revealing by attempting to get at whatever he was doing with his read on you?
In post 430, TDC wrote:A&S, ready to hammer?
:neutral:

you're being awfully nonchalant about all of this. i know you've already said that you think your lynch is not the worst option, but i don't feel as though you're making much of an effort to convince people that you're town, or to convince people that teacher is scum. i feel as though if you were town in your situation that kind of intent would be coming across a lot more clearly, and i'm just not seeing it.

(as an aside, i really do apologize if i've upset you.)

i would rather we hold off on hammering, at least for a little bit. this game certainly slowed down a whole lot after i made my posts, and while i'm also part of the problem there, i'd really like to get some more discussion in from everyone before we potentially end the day.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:55 am

Post by TDC »

I find it strange because if you are town, he is the only slot (other than lmao) who is confirmed town to you. If you think he is some kind of idiot, okay, just disregard everything he said.

You think when I'm town, where we still have two more shots at lynching scum (and by the looks of it, the first one is likely used on teacher anyway, because he is the only other slot which seems to have a slight amount of traction), I should be more motivated to avoid my lynch than as scum, where I lose as soon as I am lynched? Really?

Why should I bother with changing the order here? I'm on L-1 with half a hydra willing to hammer when the day has barely started and no other slot can even gather more than a single vote. There is clearly no point in investing any effort here. There is literally no slot who has any issue with my lynch, and plenty of slots who are on a "eh, why not, he could well be scum" attitude. There is just no way this day will become productive, because we will not see a competing wagon.

I mean just look at what you just wrote, you want to "hold off a little bit", but you don't actually do anything (i.e. unvote) in that direction.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:58 am

Post by TDC »

Addition to the Oversoul point: If I replaced into a town slot, and my predecessor had a super strong town read on someone whom I (and many others) find scummy, I would fucking read the game to see whether I can understand where he was coming from. What is so hard to understand about this?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 am

Post by TDC »

Also you have made 8(!) posts now, and not a single one even
discusses
any other slot but me. You are not even pretending to try to sort anyone else.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”