Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless! (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless!

Moderators: Something_Smart and the worst

Alive Players:

Spoiler:
Dunnstral,
Mafia Goon
, was endgamed
chennisden,
Vanilla Townie
, survived

Dead Players:

Spoiler:
Korina,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1
rooroo,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2
Not_Mafia,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3
Gamma Emerald,
Jester
, escaped Day 3
mumu,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 4
Don Draper x Mistress (Auro + Nancy Drew 39),
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 5
eth0s,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 6
Last edited by Something_Smart on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:58 pm

The Rules:

1. All site rules apply.
2. Be nice. Mafia games can get heated but remember never to attack the person.
3. Play to your wincon.
4. Days are approximately 10 days long.
5. Failure to post at least once every 36 hours will result in a prod. If you do not pick up your prod in 24 hours, or if I have to prod you four times total or twice in one day phase, I will look for a replacement.
6. Please put votes in this format: VOTE: Something_Smart. Bolded votes are allowed (
Vote: Something_Smart
), but we're more likely to miss them. In case you don't know, you can vote with:

Code: Select all

[v]Something_Smart[/v]

and unvote with

Code: Select all

[uv][/uv]

Unvotes are not necessary to change your vote.
7. No vote trickery. Votes inside spoiler tags and obviously broken quotes will not be counted. Don't attempt to confuse other players over whether your vote was valid.
8. If more than half the players are voting for a player, then that player is lynched and removed from the game, and the day will end. If the deadline is reached before majority occurs, plurality will kick in, and whoever has the most votes will be lynched (ties broken by whoever more recently had more votes).
9. If you have a question for me, put it in bold and say
@Mod
or
@Something_Smart
. If it's not something you want made public, feel free to shoot me a PM.
This spooky shade of orange (#4F2200) is the mod color.
Do not use it. Do not impersonate me.
11. Do not discuss this game in any other thread except in PT's created specifically for this game. Do not discuss any other ongoing game in this thread.
12. Do not quote any out-of-thread communications with me or with any other player.
13. Do not post if you are dead.
14. Do not pretend to break any of these rules. Pretending to break a rule is punishable just as harshly as actually breaking it.
15. My word is law. Just because it is not stated here does not mean that it is acceptable. I am generally a nice person and will give you a warning if you do something I don't approve of, but it's always better to ask than risk the consequences (see rule 9).
16. This is an open setup. The setup is as follows:
Spoiler: Setup
6 Vanilla Townies

2 Mafia Goons

1 Jester

The game is nightless. The goal of each faction is reversed from its normal goal:
  • The town win if the mafia control 50% of the town, or if the jester is lynched.
  • The mafia win if they are both lynched, or if the jester is lynched.
  • The jester wins (and exits the game) if they survive until Day 4.
Spoiler: Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome, XXXX, to Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless. Your role is
Vanilla Townie.

You have no special powers.

You win when the Jester is lynched or the Mafia control 50% of the town.

Please respond to this PM indicating you understand your role and your win condition.
The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome, XXXX, to Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless. Your role is
Mafia Goon.
Your partner is YYYY.

You share a private topic (link) that you may discuss in at any time.

You win when the Jester is lynched or all Mafia members are dead.

Please respond to this PM indicating you understand your role and your win condition.
The game thread is here.

JesterWelcome, XXXX, to Micro 903: Reverse Jester Nightless. You are the
Jester.

You have no special abilities.

You win (and leave the game) if you survive to Day 4.

The game thread is here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Role PM's are out! The game will begin when 8/9 players have confirmed.

Confirmed: 9/9
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:44 am

It was a time of tragedy in the Kingdom of the Ducks. Prince Wooper had just been found dead, a deep stab wound in his back, and King The Worst was distraught. He sought out his head wizard Something_Smart, to give him advice on how to proceed.

"Well," Something_Smart began. "You need to isolate the suspects. Who was here in your court and unaccounted for at the time of the murder?"

"Let's see," the King began to count. "Korina, rooroo, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Not_Mafia, chennisden, mumu, eth0s, Don Draper x Mistress. Nine in total."

"All right, nine. I can work with that. Call them all here, and make sure they don't leave until we're done with them. Also, take away their weapons. We're not going to let them get away with killing anyone else."

And soon it was done. The eleven of them stood in the King's throne room, doors locked and guarded by menacing fowl guards. Nobody would be getting out unless the King said they could.

"All right, here's the deal," the King announced. "My wizard has used his advanced divination skills to determine that two of you are responsible for the murder. We will release one person every hour; you must talk amongst yourselves and determine who is innocent, so I can let them go. Get me down to four suspects, that will do-- unless you let a guilty person go, in which case I'll need it to be down to two. Since the law of the land forbids me to interfere in the indictment process, I cannot help you. Good luck."

At just that moment, a frantic knocking was heard on the door of the throne room. The guards cautiously opened the door, allowing a messenger to run inside and approach the King. "My lord," he spoke, rapidly and breathlessly. "The general's spy network has just picked up some critical information. A master thief is in your court and is preparing to make a getaway with some priceless treasures. They've surely hidden them somewhere, so you can't simply search people. If the thief is forced to leave in the daylight, the general will certainly catch them, but if you let them go undetected till sundown, they'll be gone without a trace."

"Sundown's three hours from now," Something_Smart chimed in. "That means we only have three chances to catch the thief."

"Well," King The Worst proclaimed, "this is interesting. I guess we ought to get started then!"

VC 1.0
Not voting (9)- Korina, rooroo, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, Not_Mafia, chennisden, mumu, eth0s, Don Draper x Mistress

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-12-01 11:00:00)

Mod notes: :cool:
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Korina »

first
VOTE: Korina
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Korina »

Also, I just read the flavor. I'm a wizard. Does that mean I can be released, since I can magically prove that I didn't do it?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 am

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: eth0s
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Korina »

ethos is confirmed town btw
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Korina »

Also, I'm gonna spampost a lot this game, because this game really is just a shitposty game, but serious thought:
What are the odds if we just randomly lynch someone each day, we hit the jester?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Don Draper x Mistress
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Don Draper x Mistress
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:00 am

Post by Don Draper x Mistress »

VOTE: Don Draper x Mistress

Korina scumz!!

-Auro
Hydra of Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Korina »

Also, what are the odds Dunn is jester?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:06 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 4, Korina wrote:first
In post 6, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Korina
this is the scumteam
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Korina »

Ok, if we're the scumteam, wouldn't you guys want us alive until we lynch jester? Because that actually increases the odds that jester is randomly lynched. It's like 0.119% versus 0.033%.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Korina »

Which, actually the more I think about it: The better it'd be for mafia to out themselves so we can effectively try to figure out who jester is. If we lynch jester, we both win. Yes, town will end up double winning I think, but we're guaranteed the win.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Korina »

Which also, if my luck with vt is the same, I'm getting lynched D1. If that's the case, I've already said in my personal PT that I've peaked.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 am

Post by eth0s »

the problem is the jester will claim maf lol
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Korina »

Ok, ethos
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Korina »

I want you to repeat what you just said slowly
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Korina »

There's two mafia, and they know who the other is.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Korina »

If one of them claims mafia, we'll ask the other "hey, can you confirm this?" and if they don't say "Yes, I confirm this is true" or something to that effect, they're lying.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Korina »

Mafia can effectively be treated as masons in this game while we're jesterhunting. If one mason claims, we ask for the other to confirm their claim and leave them for late-game.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:16 am

Post by Korina »

@mod If we lynch jester, does the game end automatically?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Korina »

If we do, mafia should 100% out because we can just lynch jester and win that way. If the game still goes on, it makes more sense for mafia to out so we can jesterhunt, although, if mafia want the doublewin, they won't.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:19 am

In post 22, Korina wrote:
@mod If we lynch jester, does the game end automatically?
Yes; if the jester is lynched, they have failed to achieve their wincon, and both town and mafia have achieved their wincon, so the game will be over.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”