Micro 943: Treestump Express [Game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Quick I just want you to explain what Tux did that was scummy, accusing him of angle-shooting then me of chainsawing is not telling me anything. I am not dead set on him being town, I am open to hearing what you have to say
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.9

[3] Tuxedo Mask :
ProHawk (), votato (), Porkens ()
[2] Porkens :
Morning Tweet (), Tuxedo Mask ()
[1] Quick :
Chemist1422 ()
[1] Conspire :
ceejayvinoya ()
[1] votato :
Conspire ()
[1] ceejayvinoya :
Quick ()

[0] Not voting :

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-06-01 21:54:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Thu May 28, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 324, votato wrote:Yeah sure there's overlap, but angle shooting refers to exploiting an inexperienced player. Is that what you think tux was doing? If so, who?
Same term, different meaning, due to the two having overlap, but not being the same thing. Angleshooting is typically thought as trying to bring in OGI into the game to formulate a read on someone. Or it can just be using very strange reasons to give a read on someone. Ironically enough, I do a lot of angleshooting as Town, just not so much the OGI kind, and more stuff based on what I know of someone as a person. So I might generate a SR on someone based on them admitting they have long hair, for example.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Conspire »

@_@

if i'm honest, i've had a gut feeling of a Morning/Tux scumteam back from #111 for Morning's defense. right now, i can see what Quick's saying. one important thing in this setup is scum can't hard-bus because the game ends.

for the points Morning brought up about Tux, i'm not sure they're strong enough for a *strong* townlean. chemist L-1 interactions could easily be scum-opportunism, and calling us town doesn't hurt scum so bad since they have to clear 4 people if a townie gets lynched. he even mentioned it here.
In post 82, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Ehh, I appreciate it but scum me gets to kill 4 townies. I could literally clear everyone until my teammate shows up. I'd just kill everyone but those on the wagon. That would be Porkins, Votato, and myself, and we would all look equally bad.
to clarify, i don't think these are scummy, but they're fairly easy for scum to do = not town indicative. i also disagree Tux is an easy target; he seems like a strong player and his tone to me is pretty townie.

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Conspire »

I do agree with a ProHawk townlean for the unvote (good kneejerk reaction for town) + #111 - that is genuine scumhunting imo, and i thought something similar at the time. I think that's a difference.

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Conspire »

*there's(?)
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by Conspire »

Furthermore, I think Morning should know this difference.

i'll need to consult with my hydra partner in case i'm confbiasing, but yes.

~Esper
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 1:05 am

Post by Quick »

In post 330, Conspire wrote:*there's(?)
I've never really gotten the whole "mind meld to read as Town" thing as my thought process is usually completely different than others.

Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

@mod

Does a player flip when treestumped?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 328, Conspire wrote:to clarify, i don't think these are scummy, but they're fairly easy for scum to do = not town indicative. i also disagree Tux is an easy target; he seems like a strong player and his tone to me is pretty townie.

~Esper
I like his tone too, by "easy target" I more mean when he says stuff like
In post 254, Tuxedo Mask wrote:That North side edit seemed perfectly timed to make us both look bad.
But looking back he actually doesn't do this as often as I remembered. in my mind i remembered him saying something that sounded scummy on the surface earlier during the Chem situation and around the 'slip', but i dont see it
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 333, Chemist1422 wrote:
@mod

Does a player flip when treestumped?
Yes.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: unvote this was a terrible vote. Tux has given town responses 80-90% on reread.

I still believe chemists opening gambit is more likely scum. I keep coming back to that fundamental thought. I’m pretty sure we could find the partner examining the reactions, but since game ends with one scum why overthink it.

VOTE: chemist
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I was curious if Pork doing a "Oh no pls dont kill me im town" thing is AI for him

Spoiler: Pork scumgames
.viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77441 - Survived to end (Basically just calls people scum and votes sometimes)
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77242 - Survived to end (Does basically nothing but vote people, tell ppl to not lurk, tell people to vote for X. Check post 2772, his scumbuddy says "Dude you're getting lynched if i ever see u play like this again.)
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=77310 - Lynched D1 (Mostly just jokes around, doesn't scumhunt. Selfhammers)
Spoiler: Pork towngames
.viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79600 - Lynched D1 (tunnels one person until 164. pleas for his life in 231, uses the words "I am town". as he dies, he wishes for town to lynch one particular player)
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79728 Killed N1 (interestingly enough he calls people town at the beginning instead of scum He unvotes and switches around a lot. Giving up in 748?)

So regardless of alignment he usually accuses people of being scum pretty confidently. If i had to make a distinction, i'd say he comes across as more confident in the scum games in general. He does more accusations and votes in them, in the town games i want to say he has a bit more uncertainty

In the one town game where he gets lynched d1 that I found, he does pull the "please no im town" card, although he didn't vote someone in that post

pedit: Oh, lovely! Hi pork. good evaluation of tux

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Chem L-3
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Conspire »

How's everyone doing? I trust we're all having a pleasant, amiable journey on the Treestump Express today?

I wouldn't happen to hear any talks of barbaric
lynching
, now, would I? We're all civilised people here... right? *nervous laughter*

~Cosmic
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 338, Conspire wrote:How's everyone doing? I trust we're all having a pleasant, amiable journey on the Treestump Express today?

I wouldn't happen to hear any talks of barbaric
lynching
, now, would I? We're all civilised people here... right? *nervous laughter*

~Cosmic
someone shot the conductor!! this is far from pleasant!!!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Porkens »

my play style changed a lot in that era. in the olden days Don’t kill me I’m town would get you summarily lynched, but when I came back in 2015ish the Meta had changed and I had to adjust. I guess in general subtlety is gone? Dunno maybe that’s not a fair judgment but on the surface level it’s true at least (I know that sounds circular)
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Conspire »

Why didn't you do your naked early reads thing this game, Porkens? I happened to see you exercise those in a game long ago, and I was looking forward to seeing it again when I saw you sign up for this game.

~Cosmic
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Quick »

In post 341, Conspire wrote:Why didn't you do your naked early reads thing this game, Porkens? I happened to see you exercise those in a game long ago, and I was looking forward to seeing it again when I saw you sign up for this game.

~Cosmic
He did, on cj.

Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Conspire »

I'm going to dive into the evidence and facts, since people seem to be
conveniently
ignoring them. My edits will be made in a fantastic shade of purple, since I am on mobile, and didn't bring my laptop or personal computer for this journey.
In post 10, northsidegal wrote:
7/9 passengers have checked their tickets! With that...

7/9 people checked their tickets, but the other two never did... this could imply they're hitching a free ride. That doesn't make them mafia, however.

A routine voyage of the Treestump Express.

A calming trip through the meadows.

A scenic voyage into the mountains. Everything was peaceful, until the train passed into a darkened tunnel...

*bang* *bang*

*bang*

Three shots rang out, loud enough to reverberate from the engine to the caboose.

There was a small break of silence between the first two shots and the third. Strange. My detective's intuition tells me the third bang wasn't a shot at all, but perhaps someone hitting their head on the doorframe on their way out of the cabin. Who here is above average height?

As the train exited the tunnel and the veil of darkness was lifted, everyone rushd to the conductor's cabin.

northsidegal,
Conductor of the Treestump Express
, was killed Night 0.

Atop the body was a singular white rose — the calling card of the South Side Mafia.

The members of the crowd looked between themselves with suspicion. It was obvious that the culprits had to be among them. The only question was... Who?

Hang on, why are we suspecting each other? Our train conductor was the one found with the rose representing the South Side Mafia. Surely, we should be applauding the person who killed her, since she was part of that nefarious organisation.

Day 1 begins.
~Cosmic
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 341, Conspire wrote:Why didn't you do your naked early reads thing this game, Porkens? I happened to see you exercise those in a game long ago, and I was looking forward to seeing it again when I saw you sign up for this game.

~Cosmic
I’m trying to be a bit more deliberate in this game considering there’s an opportunity to win day 1. I’d like to do so for ego.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 343, Conspire wrote:
In post 10, northsidegal wrote:
*bang* *bang*

*bang*

Three shots rang out, loud enough to reverberate from the engine to the caboose.
There was a small break of silence between the first two shots and the third. Strange. My detective's intuition tells me the third bang wasn't a shot at all, but perhaps someone hitting their head on the doorframe on their way out of the cabin. Who here is above average height?

~Cosmic
i am incredibly short, does that clear me? (>∀<)
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Conspire »

Interesting, you are correct; it appears that you are infact not a human, but actually a
bat
. It of course begs the question of how you were able to attain a ticket for this journey in the first place, or even more worryingly so how you posses the ability to speak...

How skilled are you while airborne? You might've hit the top of the doorframe while flying out.

~Cosmic
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 259, votato wrote:i also dont see how any of this says tuxedo is town. and i get that its from your pov, but to the rest of us you are still possible scum. you were widely townread prior to that post, but i dont really super like that post. i really super dont like your error on the VC.
Super don't like implying the error on the VC is a scum-motivated intentional error.

~Cosmic
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 273, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 269, votato wrote:the sequence of events was:
1) votecount placeholder earlier in the day
2) MT posts saying porkens is likely scum and votes there
3) tuxedo asks how many people are voting porkens
4) MT says just her
5) VC is added to placeholder post
6) tuxedo acknowledges seeing the VC and votes anyway.

i guess MT's vote was a re-vote on the same slot though, so it was only L-2.
Right? So why am I scum? I didn't put Porkins to L-1, I put them to L-2 having acknowledged the vote count. Me saying this makes us look back was in reference to me asking how many people are voting Porkins, because to everyone else they see the vote count and then me asking what the vote count is.
Yeah, I understand the reasoning here.

I'm not seeing it as a "this makes Morning and I look bad because we're putting town on L-2 when Morning thought it was L-3."

It's a "this makes Morning and I look bad because Morning got the votes wrong and I asked for the number of votes on Porkens with the VC right above me." (with VC actually being edited afterwards)

~Cosmic
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 181, Quick wrote:Okay, so where I am at rn is basically this:

Chemist, Conspire, ProHawk
cj, Tuxedo, MT
votato, Porkins,
In post 257, Quick wrote:Not seeing why Tuxedo is Town here...
What changed between these two posts to make Tux drop a tier? - that's how I'm understanding the progression, correct me if I'm wrong.

~Cosmic

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”