Micro 948: Noughts and Crosses Blitz [Game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Celeste
Celeste
Townie
Celeste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Celeste »

Well, it was a fantastic experience. Thank you for modding, Umlaut. The mafia gave it their all, but they failed to adapt on day 1. If you can't find a way to enjoy your current situation, you will be discovered.
Hectic
|
Your meaningless words tire me. Please stop wasting my time.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Woo nice job everyone. This was a really fun game, feel bad for the mafia though.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Shoot guys, I was going to argue hard against a CSF lynch. Threw in the towel too soon!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Wow scum really needed me to not be lynched that game, threw me off.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by maxwell »

This was my first game back after not playing on any account in 5 years and I have to say it was a thoroughly pleasant game. Thank you all for making it that way. I've had some bad memories of games and at times I've let myself get overemotional out of frustration, and luckily this game was nothing like that. Thanks to you all for making it that way. (although I wish celeste would dial down her gimmick a few degrees). I suppose I'll stick around for a while.

I do think it's a fairly difficult setup for scum - while they rolled a favorable distribution of spaces (the side squares are so much stronger than the corner ones in terms of their value in the mafia game), it's very hard in this for them to emulate the willingness to self-sacrifice that townies have. I was able to pick up a couple of townreads pretty quickly and from there the game got easy. Truth be be told, by the end of Day 1 I was starting to townread Dunnstral's stubbornness as well but didn't want to say anything, lest anyone were to grow paranoid of me for it. I think we probably could have voted CSF outright day 1 but it's hard to steer away from a plan that gets you the most flips.

I don't fault Blair for going after me for what I assume was a shot at the outright win, but I think the scumteam could have been a bit more pliant when I made the move to compromise on the rozyroz/beeboy vote - They still had a decent chance to win if either of them hammered that day. I do think it would have helped if her first partner hadn't flaked, it hurts to have a teammate not pull their weight like that. I'm not sure how I'd play as scum on this setup, I only really began to work out how to play it after I'd signed up and I've no idea how I'd approach this as scum, I think you pretty much have to play to get 1 teammate to the final 3 unless town really screws up.

Also, hi T-Bone. I miss the hypnotoad.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 527, T-Bone wrote:Shoot guys, I was going to argue hard against a CSF lynch. Threw in the towel too soon!
In case this isn't clear: it wouldn't have mattered, town had a forced win by tic-tac-toe after scum killed Blair (and a much more obvious forced win if they didn't).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by maxwell »

I would've selfvoted for the lols
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 518, Umlaut wrote:Props to Blair for trying every angle she could think of before throwing in the towel.
I'll never get over how close we actually were to pulling it off, either!
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

If you had actually talked the town into lynching the IC and instantly losing the game by doing so, that would have been worth a scummy nom.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 533, Umlaut wrote:If you had actually talked the town into lynching the IC and instantly losing the game by doing so, that would have been worth a scummy nom.
We were so close... we even convinced the IC... CSF was ready to hammer, we only needed one more. :cry:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

Should have made the case for lynching Maxwell instead. You might have gotten someone else to bite.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 pm