Micro 953: Treestump Express [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 147, pighawk wrote:@pooky in 118 designed to stir discussion, yes. Conflict may or may not arise, that’s up to all of us. Reducing the game to a subset? Not in the slightest. I didn’t say WHO IS THE SCUM? Any response, including “they are all town’ is perfectly within the ask. Now you ARE right I am “trying to win day 1” that’s 100% true, but only TOWN can win day 1.
You said rank the posts from scummiest to towniest - this is designed to promote conflict as you are comparing between 4 players saying this one is more towny than that one etc. Going back now and saying "they are all town" is a fine response seems kind of silly when your framing of the question to begin with was designed to promote conflict.

a more natural question would've been what do you guys think of these 4 posts?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by pighawk »

I don't agree with "more natural" in any way. This is all an exercise in the contrived, no?

Nothing forced players to determine scum from those four. Nothing prevents someone from answering "A,b,c,d but d isn't that scummy at all).
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:06 pm

yes there's nothing that would prevent it but your question was framed in an adversarial way - when you ask someone to rank 4 items from good to bad, there is a natural assumption the lowest ranked item is bad even if it is relatively good.

It's actually a pretty good psychological trick you pulled there - hence why I believe you are scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by pighawk »

Hm, well I guess if you squinted the right way you could see it like that.

I was trying to promote discussion and encourage people to debate the relative scumminess of those four posts. I assumed that would spiral off harmonizing discussions as people gave reads "that's not scummy you shouldn't read it that way because xyz" for example.

I don't want to go to three way again, especially not after being painted so scummy this early in day 1. I'd like to peg scum and Lynch day 1 but if you really think I (we) are scum, go ahead and Lynch me. just please don't do it before Yshar is forced to post content (and not just lolhammer).
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by pighawk »

And by the way I'm REALLY not calling Yshar scum for lurking. our lurker was town! It was just a big part of the reason we won.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by pighawk »

being absent, not lurking
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Yshar is probably the finest scumhunter I've played with in many years. When she has time to contribute I'm sure she will.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by pighawk »

that's great to hear, I'm excited for her return and participation then.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by pighawk »

Pooky, what do you think about the idea of not outing town reads? I guess it makes sense since stumps can share those after the Lynch.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:24 pm

nonsense

we win the game with more discussion not less

scum can read the game same as everyone else
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by pighawk »

Well I agree that more discussion is better for the town.

Do you think it's scummy to suggest that we not out our town reads day 1?
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Shrek and Donkey »

we can still discuss who we think are the scummiest. but the less detail about who is the towniest the better, since scum have to pick two of us to keep alive. the less info they have to make that decision the better for us, especially since we can out all our reads tomorrow. i think there is scum among the people pushing on pighawk. i also think pighawk is town here. note im sharing that i have a townread, but not going into detail about why or how strong a townread it is. we can still discuss, but we should focus on discussing one or two scummy slots.

-unicorn
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by pighawk »

Egix96 seems like a strong candidate for scum to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.3

[3] pighawk :
SherlockHolmes (), AliceRaider45 (), PookyTheMagicalBear ()
[1] SherlockHolmes :

[1] Yshtola Rhul :
pighawk ()
[1] AliceRaider45 :
Shrek and Donkey ()

[3] Not voting :
Chemist1422, Yshtola Rhul, Egix96, Hoptic ()

With 9 alive, it’s 5 to treestump. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-05 00:57:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:01 pm

"I love you"

Three words that everyone wants to hear but they come like a thunderbolt on a clear day - electric shocks traveling to every finger leaving you feeling woozy and jolted - a rush that makes blood rush to your head faster than a slug of whiskey on a cold evening.

She was dressed up even more stunning than the previous evening - a low cut black evening dress that was elegant and entrancing - the black silk framing her body in a breathtaking manner - so much hidden yet so much seen.

“I love you”

These words cut through the previous conversation between them like a knife. Most days people walk through life as if in a dream, moving through the motions and time inevitably ticking on, one more day closer to the grave and stuck in the same loops - and then something happens that awakens the mind - a jolt like falling into a pool of ice water and waking up for the first time in years.

“I love you”

The words rang in his ears - she had leaned in close to whisper them in his ear - her long auburn hair brushing against the side of his face - tickling his face - her bosom pressed against his chest - and her breath felt like a small rush of warm air in the chilly night.

They had been drinking together for a few hours now, analyzing the fellow guests and exchanging stories of destinations in the past - he had fallen into an easy calm in her company - it felt so natural to talk with her about the others and thought he had only met her last night she felt like a lifelong friend he could confide in.

“I love you”

So many words had been exchanged between them by this point - they had finished the entire bottle of champagne they had ordered with dinner and the stars had been dancing across the sky above their heads for what seemed a lifetime - entire constellations exploding in light. But some words can freeze time and space, make a moment feel like an eternity.

He felt tongue-tied and swallowed down what he was in the middle of saying - words lost in the ethereal reaches of his mind - disrupted by her words spoken so suddenly and softly.

He looked back at her - lake green eyes framed by auburn hair - her deep red lips that had just jolted him into another life moving now so close to him that he could smell her lipstick. He started to respond but found himself speechless.

Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:51 pm

@Hawk, dinnae ye think tis a bawherr odd tae ca' hoptic toun fur unvoting ye whin 'twas exactly whit scum ye did lest gam?

(@Hawk, don't you think it's a bit odd to call Hoptic town for unvoting you when it was exactly what scum you did last game?)
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by pighawk »

That was a pigpost just FYI.
Shrek and Donkey
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Shrek and Donkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Mah ill, bit point aye stauns as pig wis scum wi' ye lest gam. @hawk howfur dae yer feelin' aboot th' unvote? pig ye kin answer th' afore quaistion.
(My bad, but point still stands as pig was scum with you last game. @Hawk how do you feel about the unvote? Pig you can answer the previous question.)
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by pighawk »

I was just great til he unvoted and trying to thank him. You are correct that although it is a protown move it is not a towntell.
pighawk
pighawk
Goon
pighawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by pighawk »

Grateful
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 107, pighawk wrote:
In post 96, Egix96 wrote:
In post 89, Chemist1422 wrote: Game feels like a crawl rn which is not great for my engagement level
^^^
In post 90, Chemist1422 wrote:If I were to force something out, Hectic seems sort of unmotivated to solve and I don’t really like Hopkirk being more banter-y than not

please only remember this read if it’s correct
Tbf, Hect does feel a bit less "serious mode" compared to the game where I was scum with him.
In post 95, pighawk wrote:Ok here’s something:

This spoiler contains four posts from four players. Rank these posts from Towniest to Scumiest and give a reason.

Spoiler:
In post 53, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:When someone is certain they have a scum player figured out they use FINGER OF DEATH on that scum - we all vote him.

if that person is scum - we win.

if that person is town, we lynch whoever used the FINGER OF DEATH in the end-game.
In post 54, AliceRaider45 wrote:Crazy, let's do it!
In post 56, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 53, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:When someone is certain they have a scum player figured out they use FINGER OF DEATH on that scum - we all vote him.

if that person is scum - we win.

if that person is town, we lynch whoever used the FINGER OF DEATH in the end-game.
I think this is objectively a bad plan, especially because it’s been called

Playing under the assumption that scum are willing to WIFOM this out and will never push a partner:
Town on town - (7/9) * (3/4) = 7/12 = 58.3%
Town on scum - (7/9) * (1/4) = 7/36 = 19.4%
Scum on town - (2/9) = 2/9 = 22.2%

So mathematically that works out to a 58.3% scum winrate, while voting randomly (1-(7/9 * 2/3)) is only a 51.8% chance
In post 58, Hoptic wrote:It's somehow even more magnificent than before.

Reads:
• Shrek and Donkey are probably unaligned.
• Sherlock Holmes is very kind for repeating out loud everything he writes.

FINGER OF DEATH: Misty

Your first mistake was assuming the finger of death was bound to your mortal rules of EV calculation. What would you like your final meal to be?

pighawk, why did warrant a vote?

-Hecti
I feel like I would have to do a lot of incessant nitpicking in order to derive anything from this.
There are essentially four different actions about the same thing:

Player A proposes FOD gameplan that would essentially be a coinflip
Player B says "let's do it!" but doesn't do it
Player C opposes the plan and present a reason why the plan would be sub-optimal
Player D acts on the plan

Now obviously not all of those players are scum, and it's unlikely they are all town (although possible)
So which of these three actions is the scummiest in a vaccuum?
B > D > C
(Scummiest first)
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

The time to hunt down the Sin Eaters is at hand. The Warriors of Light will rise up and fight for the salvation of our star, and the coalescence of our efforts will provide the framework of future battles against our esteemed enemy, the Ascians.

However, there are circumstances that delay our arrival. Mine own research towers above me, and my time must be spent toiling over these topics to best find our path to victory. For when the price of failure is extinction, only those with the dedication to protect ourselves may lead the fight. My suspicion is that with the passing of two days, my research will abide long enough to adequately assist in the termination of these Sin Eaters.

The primordial light must not be allowed to overwhelm us. We will prevail.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 31, Shrek and Donkey wrote:Why single us out when there are two other Hydra's in this game?

-Tux

P:edit you're scum now? You've made a liar of us both page 2. This hydra is falling apart.
A Sin Eater's path takes them to where they can avoid the everlasting gaze of the Warriors of Light. Where, then, does that leave the rest?

Perhaps a Sin Eater's path is not to avoid, but to direct? An interesting theory! This bears further study, that we might better understand our foes. If those who would bear us harm would do so from a position of power, I may have underestimated the strength of the Sin Eaters in this timeline. A tragedy, to be sure.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 38, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 36, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Hello! My name is Y'shtola Rhul, and I am a scholar in aetherology and member of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. I am present as an advisor to the hunting and termination of our mutual enemy, the Sin Eaters.

Feel free to ask questions related to this goal. I will remain on standby in the meantime.
What is the matter? Is it the eyes? I promise you will soon grow used to them, but I'm afraid that they are permanent. I lost my sight while traveling through the lifestream, and must rely on my own aether to gain something resembling sight.

However, I do have an advantage that is unique to me. Through my unique method of sight, I can detect and measure the fluctuations and subtleties in a particular person's aether. Quite a useful trick, but be aware that Warriors of Light and Sin Eaters both possess significant amounts of light aspected aether. Even with my acute awareness of the more subtle differences across the aether multiple people, even I must spend some time analyzing the differences between Warriors of Light and Sin Eaters. Each timeline appears to have different patterns that must be reanalyzed before progress may begin anew.

Saddening, but necessary. But be relieved, for I am an aetherologist and am uniquely equipped for this task!
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 40, Hoptic wrote:How do you feel about the recent news that most Sin 'eaters' only really chew the sin a bit then spit it out?
You jest! Surely you've never seen the impact a Sin Eater has upon a person's aether?

Until you have witnessed such a thing firsthand, I would be careful what you say. If we all underestimated the Sin Eater threat, we would soon find ourselves drowning in light!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”