Micro 960: A Year of Miccros II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 393, Alduskkel wrote:BTW I asked Micc and I could totally play this game under a "mask" account as long as I made it clear it was still me.
despite clear wagon progression towards lynch very quickly - he avoid talking about me now and is back to talking about mechanics - feels like scum who is happy with where his vote is - a mislynch but doesn't want to say much because it's bad for him to get his hands too dirty when I flip town.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:57 pm

vote Alduskkel
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:59 pm

In post 215, Miccro Mask wrote:Koba is towny but I would guillotine there today for QoL reasons.
this is such a scummy post - lynching people cuz you don't like their playstyle even tho you think they're town is straight up gamethrowing
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:04 pm

In post 217, Miccro Mask wrote:Seemed to me like a sincere and natural paranoid town reaction rather than scum trying to make sure I wasn’t exempted from the execution pool.
I don't believe this is a genuine thought - think there's a decent chance aldus/miccro are running scum-theater with this fake concern over the mask thing because it's not something I think a reasonable player would get concerned over. If either of them flips scum - the other is probably doing kabuki theater with them here.

it's pretty obv to me that miccro was put in a mask by the moderator to begin with since it was in the OP list and he didn't sign up under an alt. Also there's literally no gain from faking that you are from the mask game since it's basically a vanilla only game.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

In post 222, Miccro Mask wrote:I should also mention that my aldus read is partly tonal, it’s just I think that psot was the one that pinged me most strongly. I also think he just ~*feels*~ different compared to the last 2 games with him (and he was scum in both of those)
how is aldus tonally different from Coalition scum aldus?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 pm

In post 274, Miccro Mask wrote:Also, my scumlean was dsjstr but I doubt me keeping that quiet will be helpful now
explain your scumlean - I have dsj down as town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:09 pm

overall after finishing my read of miccro mask - i think there is a level of scum-think and carefulness that didn't exist in Coalition mafia - where I think he was pretty open and honest with what he was thinking. Here he's much more careful and restrained - his words and posts feel planned and not genuine. It's like one of those movies where the character is being controlled by an alien bodysnatcher or some shit.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:20 pm

Townreads:

Koba:

I don't see Koba making this post as scum:
In post 48, DkKoba wrote:datisi are you trembling in scum chat rn about how much town im radiating <3 . <3

I also don't think Koba is this
nice
as a scum player.

Datisi:

Datisi's play on me is too genuine and dumb to come from a scum player - he would know I'm innocent and I think there's a pretty good chance Datisi actually believes I'm scum. Also pushing hard on an innocent lynch is kind of a dumb player D1 as scum.

Dsj:

I like this post:
In post 259, dsjstr wrote:I believe I've consistently played all of my scum games slowly so just trying to add in some town ones. You can vote me but I think you will only confuse yourself more if you continue questioning me
feels natural

I like this post:
In post 401, dsjstr wrote:So it's pointless and you two could be spending your time doing something productive. I don't like the timing of it just popping up during the middle of a Datisi/Pooky duel which makes me question if it's SvS and an attempt to distance while not trying to get traction for a wagon.
I don't think scum come up with that thought at that point in time with a runaway pooky wagon on an innocent pooky

skitter:

lots of great posts from her - like her overall approach to the game and her mindset so far.

post that stood out for me was:
In post 378, skitter30 wrote:The pooky dats thing is making me Anxious :/
I'll believe her emotions at a face-level and I don't think scum feel those emotions when it's a TvT skirmish like that
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by bugspray »

just wanted to say that i like ska
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by the worst »

Pooky I feel like your read on Aldus takes like, a lot of liberties and kind of comes from a place where you've decided he is scum and are finding reasons to support it. like I kinda think your read on him is just at odds with the way he's playing this game
In post 671, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 12, Alduskkel wrote:What's the town benefit to claiming what setup our role comes from?
This post is scummy because he clearly hasn't thought about the benefits for town of claiming which setup the role comes from - it's not natural for him - his actual thought here is about which fakeclaim he wants to make and which setup to fake-claim out of.
hold on do you think he's not thinking through what he's posting / lazy posting or he's planning out fakeclaims? I don't really follow where you're seeing malice in this post unless it's like...you think he's just posting it because he wants to keep options open..? like i guess at first I agreed with dkko W/O really thinking about it but the more I thought about it the more the actual benefit is mixed. I don't really think it's counterintuitive for town or scum to ask this question.
In post 673, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 53, Alduskkel wrote:i will absolutely pocket both of you if i'm scum :wink:
this is absolutely the type of cheeky post Aldus-scum would make to his buddies in the clique and they could have a good laugh about after in the postgame
Aldus is cheeky as both alignments ... I'm not really sure I think this post or the ones above are AI at all
In post 674, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Aldus does this as scum - he plays pretty lazy - tunnels on a person, makes up lazy bs reasons to keep his vote on the person - notice how in the first hours of the game he's throwing shade at me for not posting, and now he's throwing shade at me for fighting and posting.
I don't think Aldus having a different opinion on you 6-7 pages later is a contradiction or lazy tunnelling?? this feels like regular 1d read trajectory, I was also null/scum on you via townreading a lot of the early active players then found your actual inability to engage in sorting kinda scummy. like this just looks like a very obvious trajectory to me.
In post 675, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 393, Alduskkel wrote:BTW I asked Micc and I could totally play this game under a "mask" account as long as I made it clear it was still me.
despite clear wagon progression towards lynch very quickly - he avoid talking about me now and is back to talking about mechanics - feels like scum who is happy with where his vote is - a mislynch but doesn't want to say much because it's bad for him to get his hands too dirty when I flip town.
isn't this a tell that he *isn't* blindly tunnelling you?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 677, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 215, Miccro Mask wrote:Koba is towny but I would guillotine there today for QoL reasons.
this is such a scummy post - lynching people cuz you don't like their playstyle even tho you think they're town is straight up gamethrowing
same here like dkko is fairly widely townread and extremely noisy.... I'm not sure what part of this post is inherently ever likely to come from scum!mask towards town!dkko?

without having a personality baseline for mask I think this is just nai
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by the worst »

the rest of your posts about mask just feel like you've decided them/Aldus are the scumteam and you're looking for theatre in interactions which I don't think are any more likely to be theatre than like. anyone interacting.

I think Aldus is just town and I don't really have a read on mask. I'm reading and digesting what you're saying and I don't think any of it is making me inclined to shift either of them down.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by the worst »

weirdly I low-key agree with this
In post 682, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lots of great posts from her - like her overall approach to the game and her mindset so far.
but think this is one of the least AI things in skitter's iso
In post 682, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: post that stood out for me was:
In post 378, skitter30 wrote:The pooky dats thing is making me Anxious :/
I'll believe her emotions at a face-level and I don't think scum feel those emotions when it's a TvT skirmish like that
I don't really feel like her feeling anxious about fights which are bordering on personal is something which she's any more likely to feel as town rather than scum?

I guess it's worth saying that in team mafia skitter's wincon (scum) was heavily advanced by myself and RC getting into a massive tvt D1 yet she was still very capable of both voicing her distaste for how bad our fighting was, and appearing disappointed.

I think townreading skitter in this game is like, valid but I still don't really feel like this is a real thought
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by the worst »

I also have no idea why you're using a metric for dkko where they would be less friendly as scum. your take on dsj is probably the read of yours which feels the closest to real :s
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by the worst »

have you like, tried to read bugspray and I or are we just policy null ?
--
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:12 pm

let's say you're aldus and your post says that you think it's bad for players to claim to be from game XXX because let's say XXX was a vanilla only setup with townies/mafia so you are basically saying you are not a power role if you are from game XXX.

Now let's say you see that DC has decided to play as "Micro Mask" from a vanilla only game - meaning DC is either vanilla townie or a standard mafia.

You now feel "paranoid" about DC faking his "mask-ness" that is pretending to be a masked player by making an alt and getting the mod to put him on the player list as that alt.

There's a few problems with this:

1) What advantage does DC gain from claiming he is from micro XXX where its a vanilla only setup? He only restricts his own claim range to vanilla or mafia - doesn't make him look any more innocent.

2) if any other player was from micro XXX - they would know that DC is lying about his masked nature and immediately be able to go after DC. - remember at the beginning of the game it's not clear to a scum from a different game that a player from the masked micro would be even masked to begin with.

3) It's quite convoluted for scum-DC from a different game to scroll thru micros and think hey let me pretend to be this masked person from a different game so i have to post in this game under an alt which is kind of a pain in the ass for no real gain whatsoever.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:12 pm

In post 689, the worst wrote:have you like, tried to read bugspray and I or are we just policy null ?
i don't think i have any chance of reading bugspray - their posts are just bleh

I haven't settled on what I think about you yet.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm

In post 688, the worst wrote:I also have no idea why you're using a metric for dkko where they would be less friendly as scum. your take on dsj is probably the read of yours which feels the closest to real :s
cuz i subbed in for koba in a game where he was mafia and reading his posts was toxic af
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 pm

In post 685, the worst wrote:I'm not sure what part of this post is inherently ever likely to come from scum!mask towards town!dkko?

without having a personality baseline for mask I think this is just nai
you don't understand meta from coalition then - mask was mad at koba and their little clique likes to bully people into submission
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:17 pm

In post 686, the worst wrote:the rest of your posts about mask just feel like you've decided them/Aldus are the scumteam and you're looking for theatre in interactions which I don't think are any more likely to be theatre than like. anyone interacting.
I think the aldus paranoia about donc's "masked nature" is scum theatre because it doesn't make sense coming from a town player.

I don't see the motivation for scum to fake being "masked" if anything it makes them an easier lynch since possible loss is less than lynching any random player since they can't possibly be a power role.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by the worst »

in short I agree aldus' assumption that mask was faking their maskness was absolutely bizarre. do you think it's like explicitly more likely to be planned scum theatre (which imo doesn't make them look unaligned, so it's also bad scum theatre) than a lazy moonlogic moment?
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by the worst »

as strange as it is I don't think it's an inconceivable blonde moment and I don't feel like pre-planning bizarre interactions is aldus' scum m.o.? like he's a whimsical fluid boi as either alignment , that post just doesn'take me think "scum theatre"
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by the worst »

I think I'm just fighting scum over fake reads
VOTE: Pooky
--
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 pm

so is aldus paranoid and thinking too much or lazy ? can't have it both ways
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 pm

yea it makes so much sense to put me at L-1 instead of letting the rest of the town discuss things whatever
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”