Micro 971 Matrix Decipher Game OVer

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Micro 971 Matrix Decipher Game OVer

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by bugspray »

todo: gaming
countdown until i'm officially taking too long to send role pms and stuff
(expired on 2020-10-04 06:13:52)

This is a normal game. For more information go here https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
It was reviewed for normalcy and balance by schadd and mastina
The following information is public knowledge: no private threads have daytalk.

Inspired by Equinox's, Glork's and Ether's rulesets.

important bit
  • Day 1: up to 10 days, Day 2+ up to 7 days, Night: 48 hours.
  • Majority eliminations
  • 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • Bah posts allowed (limit: 1, free of game related content)
  • I have some unusual rules about animated GIFs, tiny text, and prodging. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    olive
    ; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminateded if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Animated GIFs
    - are of the devil, but they are permitted behind spoilers if clearly labelled as such.
  6. Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  8. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  10. Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
  12. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  13. Vacation/Limited Access
    If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  14. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  15. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  16. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Plotinus or
    Vote: Plotinus
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]Plotinus[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Plotinus[
    /uv] to unvote.
  17. eliming
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to elmininate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lelimin the day will end without a elim. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elim.
  18. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  19. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  20. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  21. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  22. Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  23. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
Living PlayersTayl0r Swift
Isis
Hectic
Hopkirk
PookyTheMagicalBear

Linksnil

Deadlinenil
Last edited by bugspray on Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 12 times in total.
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:38 am

Post by bugspray »

Role pms are out! Game starts in (expired on 2020-10-05 13:54:31) Or sooner if everyone confirms before then :D

Spoiler: Public Information
vt role pmWelcome to Matrix Decipher You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

No private threads have daytalk (except for personal private threads)

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:32 am

Post by bugspray »

I have made a terrible mistake.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by bugspray »

Danica is being force replaced due to moderator error.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:28 am

Post by bugspray »

Bell replaces Danica.
I am going to double check some bullshit

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:37 am

Post by bugspray »

Welcome t r i n i t y who is my backup mod.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:47 am

Post by bugspray »

Waiting on confirms and then this game can finally start.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:54 am

Post by bugspray »

Day 1 begins!
Nobody is voting.
deadline: (expired on 2020-10-14 13:54:19)

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Hectic »

JUSTICE FOR DANICA

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I actually only joined this game to play with Danica. She joined this site enthusiastic for her first game then was forced to leave due to a mod error. You'll probably notice she hasn't signed up for any other games. My bet is she's rallying an mob over on mafia universe to take over the site and have Bugspray publicly executed. You'd better watch out Bugspray, you'll rue the day you dared kill our good friend Danica.

I wrote a short funeral march for her memory. Ignore the title, I had to claim it was by a more popular composer for legal reasons : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8y1K0DLdo

I noticed Hectic also expressed his disappointment in Danica's unjust force replace. I for one, am fully swayed by this clear attempt to buddy me. Basically locktown tb. Shame he's probably going to get modkilled for the animated gif.

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
Has not posted any animated gifs yet so we may be able to exile her before the modkill.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Hectic »

My GiF isn't animated, it's a collection of still images I've formatted into a slideshow.

I think we all joined this game for Danica, so I feel like we've lost all purpose. What do we even do now? Talk about what could've been?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Hectic »

Hmm, I just realised Flopz has followed us into another game, Hop. If people aren't aware, Flopz won the "Most Toxic Player of the Year" award for 5 consecutive years on our homesite. He's probably the GOAT in that department.

I'd tread carefully around him. Don't make eye contact under any circumstances and it's probably best if you use me as a proxy if you want to communicate with him. I know how to handle him and we could save some lives here if we're all cautious.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:52 am

Post by lendunistus »

hi, nice to play with you all

first micro on-site
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 11, Hectic wrote:Hmm, I just realised Flopz has followed us into another game, Hop. If people aren't aware, Flopz won the "Most Toxic Player of the Year" award for 5 consecutive years on our homesite. He's probably the GOAT in that department.

I'd tread carefully around him. Don't make eye contact under any circumstances and it's probably best if you use me as a proxy if you want to communicate with him. I know how to handle him and we could save some lives here if we're all cautious.
Wow thanks for the warning, I hate toxic players. I feel Flopz might have his work cut out with him on this site with [redacted] and [redacted]. Shouldn't we just policy lynch him before he makes the game too toxic to play? That way eventually he might learn.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 10, Hectic wrote:My GiF isn't animated, it's a collection of still images I've formatted into a slideshow.

I think we all joined this game for Danica, so I feel like we've lost all purpose. What do we even do now? Talk about what could've been?
I'm fairly sure it's allowed if you just post all of the frames as separate posts. That way you get the highest postcount too, and I locktown whoever has the highest postcount in any game out of respect for their typing ability.
In post 12, lendunistus wrote:hi, nice to play with you all

first micro on-site
Hello friend, you seem like a pretty nice guy. I really appreciate the 'hi' and it makes me feel really happy that you think it's 'nice' to play with us all. Makes me feel really good about myself. Sadly, this is a classic scumtell so we do have to policy lynch you. You might want to try a greeting that doesn't start with a 'h' next time.

VOTE: Lendunistus
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Hectic is the craft kind of guy who can look at your discord and tell what game you're playing. If he makes an onslaught of posts attacking me then points to me not responding as proof that I'm clearly evil then he's probably doing it because he can see me playing something and knows I'm not there to defend myself. Wow Hectic, pretty sus.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'm not too proud to say I've launched over thirty people who were, in retrospect, obviously town after Hectic went on his fabled 'sixteen post scumcase' on them for similar reasons.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Hectic »

Hey, lendunistus! Since you're new, I thought I'd link you to a nifty guide to scumhunting. It's my bread and butter really.

SCUM Hunting

You need to be as effective as you possibly can be since the game gives you a very low amount of ammo and you need to be able to conserve it so that you are able to fend off human players.

This is done by ensuring that you are as close to the animal as you can be before you fire off your first shot. This will give you the absolute maximum chance of success and will save your ammo at the same time.

Track Animals

It is important that you know how integral tracking is to SCUM. Tracking can be used to both save your life as well as chase and hunt down animals. Learn to notice the footprints that different animals leave.

Eventually, you will have an awareness skill good enough to easily spot them from a far and then chase down the animal.

Remember that animals also make a lot of noise when they are moving so keep your headphones on when playing the game and listen intently to the sounds that your prey makes.

Lastly, you can try to follow a blood trail that certain animals will leave behind. The good thing about blood trails is that they are easy to track and have a very high rate of success in finding an animal if the player is skilled enough.

Before we move on, remember that you can go into your ‘Focus Mode’ to have increased fidelity of sound and video in the game. This will allow you to listen for animals much more easily.

How to Hunt Animals

Although you may be able to kill some enemies using just a knife, it is best to find a rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range. Sneak up to the enemy and make sure that you do not make a lot of noise.

Animals usually have a threshold after which they are able to pick up sounds made by you. They also have a line of sight which is very easy to avoid.

Once you have managed to ensure that the animal is dead, go to the body and get the meat along with the skin. The skin of many large animals can be used to make yourself a jacket.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Hectic »

Oh wait, this is a scumhunting guide for the game SCUM. Hopkirk was playing the game on discord and I got bamboozled.

I find it really suspicious he's playing a silly video game rather than scumhunting in the real world with us, but I'll give him a pass because he posted something I liked from a few pages back. I can't remember what it was but I recall really liking it at the time.

VOTE: lendunistus for obvious reasons.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 13, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 11, Hectic wrote:Hmm, I just realised Flopz has followed us into another game, Hop. If people aren't aware, Flopz won the "Most Toxic Player of the Year" award for 5 consecutive years on our homesite. He's probably the GOAT in that department.

Wow thanks for the warning, I hate toxic players. I feel Flopz might have his work cut out with him on this site with [redacted] and [redacted]. Shouldn't we just policy lynch him before he makes the game too toxic to play? That way eventually he might learn.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I reckon we shelve him for lylo and launch him then, that way we can get him to spew his partners if he's scum. Also, please don't bring up [redacted] around me, you know how traumatizing that was for me, especially with [redacted] doing [redacted] at the [redacted].
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 17, Hectic wrote:Hey, lendunistus! Since you're new, I thought I'd link you to a nifty guide to scumhunting. It's my bread and butter really.

SCUM Hunting

You need to be as effective as you possibly can be since
the game gives you a very low amount of ammo
and you need to be able to conserve it so that you are able to fend off human players.

This is done by ensuring that you are as close to the animal as you can be before you fire off your first shot.
This will give you the absolute maximum chance of success
and will save your ammo at the same time.

Track Animals

It is important that you know how integral tracking is to SCUM. Tracking can be used to both save your life as well as chase and hunt down animals.
Learn to notice the footprints that different animals leave.

Eventually, you will have an awareness skill good enough to easily spot them from a far and then chase down the animal.

Remember that animals also make a lot of noise when they are moving so keep your headphones on when playing the game and listen intently to the sounds that your prey makes.

Lastly, you can try to follow a blood trail that certain animals will leave behind. The good thing about blood trails is that they are easy to track and have a very high rate of success in finding an animal if the player is skilled enough.

Before we move on,
remember that you can go into your ‘Focus Mode’ to have increased fidelity of sound and video in the game
. This will allow you to listen for animals much more easily.

How to Hunt Animals

Although you may be able to kill some enemies using just a knife, it is best to find a rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range. Sneak up to the enemy and make sure that you do not make a lot of noise.

Animals usually have a threshold after which they are able to pick up sounds made by you. They also have a line of sight which is very easy to avoid.

Once you have managed to ensure that the animal is dead, go to the body and get the meat along with the skin. The skin of many large animals can be used to make yourself a jacket.
Really not a fan of this post.

They also offer plenty of options to buy extra ammo for low prices so you can't really say they don't give you the opportunity to acquire enough ammo. You can even get cool custom coloured bullets if you're willing to go the extra mile.

There's actually a glitch where the shotgun's range loops back around when you're at the other side of the map, so the current meta strategy is to rush the corners at the start. Pretty surprised you don't do this tbh.

The footprints are really intuitive and learning them off by heart is a waste of time. It's not hard to examine your foot collection if you aren't one hundred percent sure, and that saves you the effort of memorizing them. Plus, only like one of the twenties deadly animals in the game even
has
feet. You've gotten to the underwater level right?

I've played the game for over 6000 hours now and I still suck so this isn't true. It's basically all just luck/RNG.

This is actually a good tip, but it's important to mention that you should NOT attempt to follow every blood trail you see. If you work out a blood trail occurred because you cut yourself to produce a blood trail then the game notices and just leads you following yourself around in circles to counter the clearly OP strats.

Personally I prefered the old system where after killing a certain amount of your targets the game would give you audio for several minutes as a reward. Having some sounds available at the start really feels like cheating if you've played the old ones, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I remember having two or three dozen heated eight hour screaming matches with you on message boards about that. Good times.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I didn't actually check what the 'mod colour' was before I made that post so I sure hope I don't get modkilled. Hopefully bugspray decides the shame of both a force replace and a modkill in the first few hours would be too much.

Sorry, I actually lied there. I know the mod colour is olive. I can't really bear the guilty of having to lie to people. I never lie because it makes me feel like a bad person. What kind of monster would lie to someone else for an extended period of like a month. Except when Flopz kept telling me my entire family
did
survive the operation then chuckling to himself whenever I asked to see them. He just kept putting buckets full of their organs on top of my door so they'd fall out when I opened it, then insisted I'd find out if any of them survived when he stops putting some buckets there. I'm still not sure how many family members I have (had?), but it's getting pretty annoying and I'd kind of like him to stop at some point.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 18, Hectic wrote:Oh wait, this is a scumhunting guide for the game SCUM. Hopkirk was playing the game on discord and I got bamboozled.

I find it really suspicious he's playing a silly video game rather than scumhunting in the real world with us, but I'll give him a pass because he posted something I liked from a few pages back. I can't remember what it was but I recall really liking it at the time.

VOTE: lendunistus for obvious reasons.
A lot of the time people who claim they're doing things for 'obvious reasons' are just lying and pretending there are reasons when they have no reason to reason there's not reasons. Can you tell me what you think the obvious reasons are (except the super obvious 80% one) and explain your reasoning a bit.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I'd like to point out that I would have the highest player count if Bug hadn't locked the thread in order to boost their own post count. That was pretty unfair on us budding hyperposters, but I respect the courage it takes to pull something like that off when we're all clearly going to judge him so hard for it.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 20, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 17, Hectic wrote:Hey, lendunistus! Since you're new, I thought I'd link you to a nifty guide to scumhunting. It's my bread and butter really.

SCUM Hunting

You need to be as effective as you possibly can be since
the game gives you a very low amount of ammo
and you need to be able to conserve it so that you are able to fend off human players.

This is done by ensuring that you are as close to the animal as you can be before you fire off your first shot.
This will give you the absolute maximum chance of success
and will save your ammo at the same time.

Track Animals

It is important that you know how integral tracking is to SCUM. Tracking can be used to both save your life as well as chase and hunt down animals.
Learn to notice the footprints that different animals leave.

Before we move on,
remember that you can go into your ‘Focus Mode’ to have increased fidelity of sound and video in the game
. This will allow you to listen for animals much more easily.

How to Hunt Animals

Really not a fan of this post.

They also offer plenty of options to buy extra ammo for low prices so you can't really say they don't give you the opportunity to acquire enough ammo. You can even get cool custom coloured bullets if you're willing to go the extra mile.

There's actually a glitch where the shotgun's range loops back around when you're at the other side of the map, so the current meta strategy is to rush the corners at the start. Pretty surprised you don't do this tbh.

The footprints are really intuitive and learning them off by heart is a waste of time. It's not hard to examine your foot collection if you aren't one hundred percent sure, and that saves you the effort of memorizing them. Plus, only like one of the twenties deadly animals in the game even
has
feet. You've gotten to the underwater level right?

I've played the game for over 6000 hours now and I still suck so this isn't true. It's basically all just luck/RNG.

This is actually a good tip, but it's important to mention that you should NOT attempt to follow every blood trail you see. If you work out a blood trail occurred because you cut yourself to produce a blood trail then the game notices and just leads you following yourself around in circles to counter the clearly OP strats.

Personally I prefered the old system where after killing a certain amount of your targets the game would give you audio for several minutes as a reward. Having some sounds available at the start really feels like cheating if you've played the old ones, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I remember having two or three dozen heated eight hour screaming matches with you on message boards about that. Good times.
I don't know why you're being so rude and aggressive to me? I play mafia to have fun and I don't want to be attacked every other post because you have a different world view so I'd really appreciate if you stopped this kind of thing. I think we have a listmod playing in this game and I'm really not afraid of asking Flopz to ban you if you step out of line.

Sorry, I know people hate big quote chunk replies, but I was really emotional and upset after seeing that post, I just had to get the reply out asap.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”