Micro 974: The Last of the Red-Horned Dung Beetles (Borked)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Bunno »

In post 599, Bunno wrote:Taylor questions
Taly's questions*

confusing names

I often type without thinking
Churros aka Volpe aka Nibbui aka Fumuki
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 588, Herta wrote:
In post 435, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 432, Herta wrote:
In post 403, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 397, Herta wrote:
In post 296, Bunno wrote:Actually

VOTE: Norwe

I dunno if bug is scum or just weird, but norwe is sus atm.

It's not the main reason, but notice how he says he's curious about my mech solve, but when we begin discussing it he just vanishes. He was posting elsewhere meanwhile by the way.

I doubt that if he was really curious he wouldn't read and comment on it a bit later, he was online multiple times since that post.

Norwe's opening is intense asking around simple mechanical questions. I feel like that's a likely scum!Norwe opening.
In post 297, Bunno wrote:He was
intensely
posting elsewhere during that time by the way.

I've a hard time believing that he would vanish and not look back on this later (he was online at least 3 times by now).
In post 302, Bunno wrote:I suspected norwe of being scum (rightfully) in the first 10 pages of our most recent game

I got sidetracked and ended up keeping it as a pet scum read during the game, but I did notice early something wrong with Norwe's slot.

I'm noticing the same thing here, so if I'm wrong I want him to come around and show me.
I town read bunno but I hate looking at other activity to gauge alignment
. It's scummy.
You tr Bunno but your strongest sr is a player HEALing them but not a player on his wagon?

Please explain that.

Why is my not reading SS’ post scummier to you than a player trying to push through an execution on a claimed gardener?

~M
You did it twice.
It was still an ERROR and 100% NAI.

~M
I found it, actually I think.

It was three times I think, actually, but we'll go with error for now.

It was more than your not reading SS post
. I agree that the claim should be left alone for now, but voting to give bunno the bug rn is a bad idea. We need more conversation.
What else because whatever you want to believe or how many times I made that error, it still doesn’t change the fact that it 100% was a mistake on my part, because I hadn’t read that post.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 596, Bunno wrote:
In post 593, Herta wrote:
In post 580, Bunno wrote:
he literally came to thread when I was asking him a pretty important question (I'm almost winning this game by now and he should stop me if he thinks I'm scum), but rather than doing anything he just left(?) the thread

Even if as town he hadn't realized he should stop me, I feel like he should be attempting something now that I explained how I'm gonna win as scum to him, but still...

I feel like this is a "yes please get over with this already" signal from him. Idk how to interpret it other than that.
This is scummy. 1:00 AM for him and you're doing this.
You do realize he posted "Ummm" by 00:12 AM, and he replied to me 4 minutes after I posted, therefore the chances he was following the thread are big,
right?

If he had gone to sleep I wouldn't have said anything, it's the fact I could see he was logged in that made me think poorly of it.

First I felt like he kinda lurked without posting between pages 7 ~ 13, but the pattern just keeps repeating itself.

Look I don't know if he changed but in my experience town!Norwe wouldn't let me boss things around like this if he was confident on me being scum. Especially if I was trying to pull one on him like this.
I can't believe I'm defending Norwee, but reading the thread is one thing. I follow threads often but many times don't feel like posting or am half asleep so I'll wait until I get the mood and go back and do what I need to. I wouldn't be surprised if every person her has done that, and maybe even posted an answer to one post or interjected something and all of a sudden everyone wants you to address every question that's been posed to that point. Norwee would've been better off not posting anything, but he didn't. I think this is nitpicking if you're going after him for this.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 601, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 588, Herta wrote:
In post 435, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 432, Herta wrote:
In post 403, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 397, Herta wrote:
In post 296, Bunno wrote:Actually

VOTE: Norwe

I dunno if bug is scum or just weird, but norwe is sus atm.

It's not the main reason, but notice how he says he's curious about my mech solve, but when we begin discussing it he just vanishes. He was posting elsewhere meanwhile by the way.

I doubt that if he was really curious he wouldn't read and comment on it a bit later, he was online multiple times since that post.

Norwe's opening is intense asking around simple mechanical questions. I feel like that's a likely scum!Norwe opening.
In post 297, Bunno wrote:He was
intensely
posting elsewhere during that time by the way.

I've a hard time believing that he would vanish and not look back on this later (he was online at least 3 times by now).
In post 302, Bunno wrote:I suspected norwe of being scum (rightfully) in the first 10 pages of our most recent game

I got sidetracked and ended up keeping it as a pet scum read during the game, but I did notice early something wrong with Norwe's slot.

I'm noticing the same thing here, so if I'm wrong I want him to come around and show me.
I town read bunno but I hate looking at other activity to gauge alignment
. It's scummy.
You tr Bunno but your strongest sr is a player HEALing them but not a player on his wagon?

Please explain that.

Why is my not reading SS’ post scummier to you than a player trying to push through an execution on a claimed gardener?

~M
You did it twice.
It was still an ERROR and 100% NAI.

~M
I found it, actually I think.

It was three times I think, actually, but we'll go with error for now.

It was more than your not reading SS post
. I agree that the claim should be left alone for now, but voting to give bunno the bug rn is a bad idea. We need more conversation.
What else because whatever you want to believe or how many times I made that error, it still doesn’t change the fact that it 100% was a mistake on my part, because I hadn’t read that post.
I have to go back and look because I don't remember right now, and I don't feel like digging it back up. There were a couple of other things though. I'll do it tomorrow sometime.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 pm

In post 595, Herta wrote:
In post 590, Bunno wrote:
In post 572, Herta wrote:Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I'm flattered but I'm not sure what to say, I did notice he was talking as if he was scum!me but why would I point it out? I thought it was self-evident enough.

About that exchange with bugs overall, I don't feel anything bad or weird that I did. He was literally not reading both my/Taly posts but was scum reading me out of a poor understanding of my mech plans.

He didn't read my mech plans, but he began scum reading me from a poorly read/understood notion that my plans were trying to fool town.

I couldn't resist calling him potential dumb town, It's not one of my proudest moments as I don't like to attack the player but I could understand exactly 0 of where he was coming from.

I can at least vaguely understand why it's plausible town!Norwe could be suspicious of me maybe. I didn't understand bug at all though.
It apparently wasn't self-evident. S&M has spent the last 24 hours not understanding it. You could've helped them out and said, "I think you're looking at this wrong" when you realized they weren't misinterpreting it on purpose. That's why I didn't let it hang any longer. It's obvious they just misunderstood. You admitting that you understood and continued to let them toil in question marks says a lot about you.
Ummm . . . so you’re still voting us, why? :shifty:

I have to say, I’m kind of getting sus at this switchup, particularly since you’re STILL voting us.

~M
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Bunno »

It's not nitpicking

Don't try to make the whole case on Norwe about wheter he was in the mood to reply or not during late-night. It's first the fact of:

- He suddenly popped in thread after I mentioned my suspicious on him for the first time

- He had been online multiples times, and admitted to reading the thread before, but hadn't posted even after saying he was curious about my mech solve

- He hasn't been trying to defuse the situation of me getting the bug

- Has been here when I tried to address the above issue to him but isn't saying anything back

Even if you say it's a coincidence, coincidences are only pilling up more and more here. There's a point where you need to be skeptical of taking what happens in good faith. Maybe it's intentional.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:33 pm

In post 597, Herta wrote:
In post 585, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 572, Herta wrote:
In post 327, bugspray wrote:
In post 323, Bunno wrote:
In post 320, bugspray wrote:pedit
i didnt read any taly posts and skimmed most of yours because a lot of them just were too thick with content i didn't find useful
translation:

You aren't reading the game, neither my posts, but think I'm scum.

I don't use this often, I find it not cool, but you're genuinely dumb or obvious scum.
translation:
You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum

pedit: your tldr needs a tldr
Bugs was writing their translation from a scum!bunno POV. It's easy to see. Just put quotes around the translation part written by Bugs:

"You've seen through all of the useless filler posts I've made as scum and know that I'm scum.

I'm really desperate to ruin your credibility but I'm resorting to ad hominem arguments also lmao ur scum"

Further evidence: Who is the one who resorted to ad hominem? Bunno. Bugs had no reason to put anything about ad hominem in there -- Bugs never used ad hominem.

Even further evidence: The common tactic of mirroring, in this case using "translation" followed by two lines, both ending with the word "scum." The first line is an accusatory statement, and the second is personalized. It's quite poetic really.

The "and" "or" means nothing.

Town!Bunno should have pointed this out because I know very little escapes Bunno.
I’m sorry, I’m still not getting any of this?

~M
Bugs was essentially mocking Bunno.
One of them is scum
And what is your opinion on the Viz replace in? and no, I don’t see this. What I do see is you making a lot of assumptions that you sound extremely confident on that really aren’t making sense to me.

~M
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Bunno »

I do agree he had no reason to post "Ummm" to confirm his presence here though

I'll wait to see what he has to say next time he's online/has time in his hands
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 592, Taly wrote:haha lord, this micro feels like a large.

Seconded. And simple plan still hasn't even shown up
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Bunno »

I still recommend S&M to vote him though

If anyone feels confident on me being town I also recommend healing me because I'm very interested on what Norwe will do once I'm confirmed town

Now I'm off again. Maybe I'll not be back soon idk.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 583, Taly wrote:
In post 574, Herta wrote:I'm getting bad vibes from Bunno on this Norwee push too.
What is your take on my
Norwe
push?
Reposting as to make sure it hasn't gotten lost.

~~~

Housekeeping:
My post has a few posts I'd like people to read alongside this, so you guys aren't searching in this thread forever.
was the readslist of
Norwe
I looked at so he can evaluate it.
Viz's
post I was talking to.

Final note; I redact my comment about
Norwe
avoiding me like
Bugs
, did not connect how late it was for him.
In post 571, Taly wrote:Herta and SM are two players that have consistently battled this game and your reads imply they are TvT, what posts have led to this conclusion?
Reposting this because I really want
Norwe's
reply at some point.

~~~

Taylor
, I liked your because you wanted to keep as little information for scum in the thread as possible.
I am getting the same impression from
Herta's
gameplay especially with his post toward my - admittedly early - healing vote on
Bunno[/].
In you scumread him.

Do you think I'm wrong with the assessment that you and
Herta
have a similar game approach here?

If so, why? If not, what scum motive do you think
Herta
has?

~~~

Also, can we chill out with the 5+ quote lines? I think you guys can use spoilers for quotes.

p-edit

JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 592, Taly wrote:haha lord, this micro feels like a large.

Seconded. And simple plan still hasn't even shown up
T
H
A
N
K
Y
O
U
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Taly »

ah, shit. i knew id fuck up bolding tags at some point

whoopsies
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Taly »

yo guys, i really want to continue playing "we all lose our shit WAAAAY before deadline"

but im probably logging off for the night

and if im not logged off, im lurking without further commentary
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:47 pm

In post 609, Bunno wrote:I still recommend S&M to vote him though

If anyone feels confident on me being town I also recommend healing me because I'm very interested on what Norwe will do once I'm confirmed town

Now I'm off again. Maybe I'll not be back soon idk.

In post 501, Something_Smart wrote:
VC 1.5
Herta (2)- A Simple Plan, Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors (2)- Tayl0r Swift, Herta
Bunno (2)- vizIIsto, NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE (2)- Bunno, Taly

Not voting (1)- JohnnyFarrar

With 9 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-23 19:00:00)

Mod notes: Bunno V/LA weekends

Beetle StatusThe Red-Horned Dung Beetle has
no caretaker.

Bunno (3)- Bunno, Smoke and Mirrors, Taly
vizIIsto (1)- vizIIsto
Tayl0r Swift (1)- Tayl0r Swift

Not voting (4)- NorwegianboyEE, JohnnyFarrar, A Simple Plan, Herta

I’m not opposed but I will wait to see what he says tomorrow and it’s still bothering me that Herta is pushing you now while still voteparked on me for NAI things and now he’s even claiming I misunderstood bugs’ post, so none of that is sitting particularly well with me.

Btw, why are you not asking Johnny to vote Norwee?

Oh and @mod, this VC needs updating since Viz unvoted Bunno and unhealed himself.

~M
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Bunno »

(possible) Last post

I'm not asking Johnny because he hasn't said anything in open support of scum!norwe, I want to see what he'll do by himself

I do recommend him to vote norwe and heal me already though to progress this game. I doubt my mind will change by what Norwe will say next, he seems to not care.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Mixed tells from Nor. Would you describe them as spontaneous?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Bunno »

(possible²) last post

Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

tl;dr everything he isn't being here

I literally don't objectively scum read Norwe's actions that much outside of the bug thing, like I said scum!Norwe is not what about he does, it's about what he isn't doing

I feel that his scum games content are always a bit lacking/unenthusiastic/mellow compared to his town ones, he doesn't seem to be deviating from that here.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Bunno »

I'm off now for real. I'll try to resist opening the thread too much on Monday.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Hearts. I'm gonna push some people as I've got the next two days off. After dinner tho.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Bunno wrote:(possible) Last post

I'm not asking Johnny because he hasn't said anything in open support of scum!norwe, I want to see what he'll do by himself

I do recommend him to vote norwe and heal me already though to progress this game. I doubt my mind will change by what Norwe will say next, he seems to not care.
Both Taly and Herta have pointed out that it’s probably late for Norwee, so if I see him post anything in the thread that continues to be dodge, I’m okay with voting there.

@Taly, what is your take on Herta pushing Bunno while still voteparked on us, especially after he’s claiming I misunderstood bugs’ post? Also, what is your take on his TvS on Viz/Bunno? I don’t understand how he is completely ruling out tvt as a possibility. While I like his tone a lot better, I think it’s kind of strange he’s still voting us based off of what he recently posted.

However, he does sound better today than yesterday, so I’ll probably switch to Norwee dependent on his answers but I’d be shocked if his behaviour does a complete 180 from now until then.

I think it’s pretty damned obvious you’re town, not that it hasn’t been since the claim and your play here is a helluva lot closer to Doubles than BP, so whatever Herta is, he’s bad at reading this game.

~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

VC 1.6
Herta (2)- A Simple Plan, Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors (2)- Tayl0r Swift, Herta
NorwegianboyEE (2)- Bunno, Taly
Bunno (1)- NorwegianboyEE
No Execution (1)- vizIIsto

Not voting (1)- JohnnyFarrar

With 9 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-23 19:00:00)

Mod notes: Seeking replacement for A Simple Plan.

Beetle StatusThe Red-Horned Dung Beetle has
no caretaker.

Bunno (3)- Bunno, Smoke and Mirrors, Taly
Tayl0r Swift (1)- Tayl0r Swift

Not voting (5)- NorwegianboyEE, JohnnyFarrar, A Simple Plan, Herta, vizIIsto
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:59 pm

TheGoldenParadox replaces A Simple Plan!
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi guys,

As you might have noticed, vizIIsto's slot has become compromised. After talking with Isis, I've decided to reroll the game.

I'll be sending out a PM as well. Please respond to it letting me know if you're still willing to play, and I'll get the new game set up as soon as I hear back from everyone and find a replacement for vizIIsto.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:38 pm

Role assignments:

Spoiler:
Town Gardener - Bunno
Town Gardener - Smoke and Mirrors
Town Gardener - Herta
Town Sentry - Tayl0r Swift
Town Sentry - Taly
Town Sentry - bugspray/vizIIsto
Town Surgeon - JohnnyFarrar
Mafia Goon - A Simple Plan/TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Goon - NorwegianboyEE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:20 am

Everyone has agreed to play in the reroll! vizIIsto has been replaced by Professor Mafia.

The new game thread is here. Role PM's will be out soon.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”