Micro 974.1: Dung Beetle Redux (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Either way, i think you should all move on from the personal insults and all that back there and not pretend like there's anything allignment indicative to drag out from it. It's just garbage. So please just move on from whatever it was you saw in those posts and find a new argument for why Bunno would be scum @Pooky.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 698, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 696, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Herta is another pretty strong tr
Why?
In post 411, Herta wrote:I don't know about the plans but I'm getting town vibes from johnny, taly and s&m.
Plus, his ISO reads similar to last time.

I’m not really happy that we have no way of confirming that Dr. Z was operated on until it happens twice, because we won’t have any further confirmation on Bunno before then.

~M
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:14 am

In post 699, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 697, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you explain why that scum-slip doesnt make sense and i'll back off
In post 655, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:He's threatening to destroy his own plan in front of us out of "pure spite"

Now this threat only makes sense in his mind if he knows us to be town - because he can't spite us by wrecking something good for the town if we were scum.
It's not AI. The post you're referring to is like an tantrum where someone says that if they were forced to share a toy with "X" they would rather break the toy. Not a nice thing to say in the slightest, but it's not proof of an scum POV. To give an outside example, the guy that shared role PM's public, would you say what they did was scummy? No, because they were town. Do you think they would act this legitimately angry if they were scum caught out? Maybe, we'd never know. But just because someone does something that's bad to the integrity of the game doesn't prove a scum mindset.
It’s vastly suboptimal play irrespective of alignment.

~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 701, Smoke and Mirrors wrote: Plus, his ISO reads similar to last time.
That's fine, but i don't think his reads warrants a "strong townread" back. They could easily be scum trying to fit in.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 702, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 699, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 697, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: you explain why that scum-slip doesnt make sense and i'll back off
In post 655, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:He's threatening to destroy his own plan in front of us out of "pure spite"

Now this threat only makes sense in his mind if he knows us to be town - because he can't spite us by wrecking something good for the town if we were scum.
It's not AI. The post you're referring to is like an tantrum where someone says that if they were forced to share a toy with "X" they would rather break the toy. Not a nice thing to say in the slightest, but it's not proof of an scum POV. To give an outside example, the guy that shared role PM's public, would you say what they did was scummy? No, because they were town. Do you think they would act this legitimately angry if they were scum caught out? Maybe, we'd never know. But just because someone does something that's bad to the integrity of the game doesn't prove a scum mindset.
It’s vastly suboptimal play irrespective of alignment.

~M
Yes, but that's not what we're here to discuss.

- Bunno
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:16 am

In post 700, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Either way, i think you should all move on from the personal insults and all that back there and not pretend like there's anything allignment indicative to drag out from it. It's just garbage. So please just move on from whatever it was you saw in those posts and find a new argument for why Bunno would be scum @Pooky.
I really don’t get where you’re coming from with this because you keep saying you don’t strongly tr him, so I really don’t understand why you have such an issue with this?

~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 705, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 700, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Either way, i think you should all move on from the personal insults and all that back there and not pretend like there's anything allignment indicative to drag out from it. It's just garbage. So please just move on from whatever it was you saw in those posts and find a new argument for why Bunno would be scum @Pooky.
I really don’t get where you’re coming from with this because you keep saying you don’t strongly tr him, so I really don’t understand why you have such an issue with this?

~M
Because he's my friend.

- Bunno
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:18 am

In post 706, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

~M
Because he's my friend.
And what does that have to do with either the game or his alignment?

~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are you serious? It has NOTHING to do with the game or his alignment, i just want you two to stop fighting and debate using constructive arguments.

- Bunno
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:23 am

In post 707, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 706, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

~M
Because he's my friend.
And what does that have to do with either the game or his alignment?

~M

Saying Bunno is your friend isn’t any kind of argument to tr him, is obviously my point. Taly is my friend but I wouldn’t hesitate to sr him, if I actually thought I had a good reason to. I tr him based off both his play and meta, not because I think very highly of him as a person but sure it’s always preferable to be able to tr people you like but that never influences my reads in the slightest.

~M
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 709, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Saying Bunno is your friend isn’t any kind of argument to tr him
I never stated this though.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

my argument for why their "scum slip" wasn't actually a scum slip had nothing to do with friendship.

- Bunno
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 am

In post 708, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Are you serious? It has NOTHING to do with the game or his alignment, i just want you two to stop fighting and debate using constructive arguments.
In post 642, Bunno wrote:I may not get here again until Saturday/Sunday

Bye

I don't feel confident enough on anyone to heal them, and
I'm not including S&M on the potential list
Posts like this one aren’t helping any, it just strikes me as petty. I in no way deserved the way he treated me and he hasn’t done anything to rectify that and I fully don’t expect him to either.

It’s honestly for the best if him and me continue to just ignore each other.

~M
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 am

In post 711, NorwegianboyEE wrote:my argument for why their "scum slip" wasn't actually a scum slip had nothing to do with friendship.
Pooky obviously believes he has. So, I still don’t understand what the point you’re arguing is then? Like the only way you’re going to get anywhere with this is if your read on him leans town and you make a good argument for that.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:43 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 699, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's not AI. The post you're referring to is like an tantrum where someone says that if they were forced to share a toy with "X" they would rather break the toy.
if the plan is a protown plan - it wouldnt make sense to break the plan to spite us unless he knows we are town.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

its not a personal insult. its someone losing himself in the heat of the moment and letting slip a piece of information he shouldnt know if he were town.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 655, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 442, Bunno wrote:I'm some % away from just public explaining Plan B and messing it up in your faces out of pure spit

I'll absolutely vote you guys for it though
This is a scumslip he made in the heat of the moment when talking to us.

The reason it's a scumslip is because of his state of mind while making this threat to us.

He's threatening to destroy his own plan in front of us out of "pure spite"

Yes, this post by Bunno really doesn’t make sense. If he would mess up plan B “out of pure spite”, then he’s clearly tr us, so why then does he say “I’ll absolutely vote you guys for it though”?

I don’t know if I agree with Pooky that this is a scumslip but it blatantly clear he contradicted himself with that post. Why? Because he obviously can’t mess up the plan to spite us unless he actually thinks we’re town, so him then saying he’d still vote us after that, makes 0 sense.

Do you get it now? @Norwee

~M
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Btw i jusr want to state for the record that you can null/scum read a slot and still argue why certain arguments for them being scum is wrong.

- Bunno
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:10 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

The 2 of you are my favourite Hydra.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:23 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 663, Taly wrote:
In post 662, Taly wrote:hey
golden
, do you want to chat in general real quick? just throw questions at each other and go stream of consciousness?

it has helped me see into other slots so far
yknow, ill just go ahead with it, i think the plist has been very withdrawn with input about the game and i want to change that.

what do you think of my readslist in ?

who would you like to have healed right now if you could make the choice?

what do you think about each execution vote placed so far in this game?
i somewhat agree. bunno is lean scum for me, and norwee is very town, but other than that i agree. i think i'd HEAL: norwee because i'm fairly confident this isn't scum and the bug is safe here. i think that the best exe is probably SM, and i need more from the PM slot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Please try to avoid hydra slipping :/

VC 1.4
TheGoldenParadox (3)- JohnnyFarrar, Taly, Herta
Professor Mafia (2)- Bunno, NorwegianboyEE
Smoke and Mirrors (1)- TheGoldenParadox
Tayl0r Swift (1)- Tayl0r Swift

Not voting (2)- Professor Mafia, Smoke and Mirrors

With 9 alive it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-27 20:00:00)

Mod notes: :cool:

Beetle StatusThe Red-Horned Dung Beetle has
no caretaker.

JohnnyFarrar (2)- Taly, NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE (2)- Bunno, TheGoldenParadox
Tayl0r Swift (1)- Tayl0r Swift
Bunno (1)- JohnnyFarrar
Taly (1)- Smoke and Mirrors

Not voting (2)- Herta, Professor Mafia
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:38 am

In post 719, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i somewhat agree. bunno is lean scum for me, and norwee is very town, but other than that i agree. i think i'd HEAL: norwee because i'm fairly confident this isn't scum and the bug is safe here. i think that the best exe is probably SM, and i need more from the PM slot.
so you're saying you think our fight with bunno is scum-theater?

cuz not sure how to read your Bunno = Scum Lean SM = scum comment otherwise.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Herta »

Sorry all. I've been slammed. Turns out trying to prepare for a week of vacation is just as hectic as the week after a vacation.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:49 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 721, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 719, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i somewhat agree. bunno is lean scum for me, and norwee is very town, but other than that i agree. i think i'd HEAL: norwee because i'm fairly confident this isn't scum and the bug is safe here. i think that the best exe is probably SM, and i need more from the PM slot.
so you're saying you think our fight with bunno is scum-theater?

cuz not sure how to read your Bunno = Scum Lean SM = scum comment otherwise.
no, i think it's tvs, and i'm stronger on you being scum than bunno but bunno is null/slight scumlean until i get a flip from you. i have a strong scumread on you, and i think bunno and your alignments are opposite.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 am

explain your strong scumread then

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”