Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 3.1 - HAMMER

Farkran (3): Costello, bugspray, Ydrasse

Costello (0)
:
Ydrasse (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
Farkran, madeline

With 5 players alive, it took 3 votes to reach an elimination.

The game is now over.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Costello »

inb4 flip
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by catboi »

can't believe mafia won
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Not Chara »

The Binding of Isaac - The End

"
You're
the reason we haven't been progressing!" Azazel's furious voice rose above the rest, his ire directed squarely at the one responsible for all of their mishaps so far. Judas, wearing a smile that was as flimsy as the hat on his head, had his hands up in a gesture of calm, and was looking around the room for some kind of ally.

Only Eve's dispassionate gaze stared back at him. She appeared unimpressed with the outcome of their quest, and was not reacting to Magdalene's weight against her. The blonde was theatrically sobbing, huge tears falling down her face and soaking Eve in the process. The area where they were standing had become something of a puddle, and Eve had not yet decided on whether she should inform Magdalene that if this kept up, she'd be a killer herself. The tears burned, a little, but she didn't mind the feeling at present.

Judas looked around, searching for someone else he might have been able to convince, but the room was empty. It was just the four of them, now. Azazel was still the loudest, enraged at being tricked by such an obvious betrayer, but more irate with himself for not noticing any of the signs beforehand.

The sign that had lead to the truth did not make for a very satisfying story. The residue still left on Judas's foot, a glowing ectoplasmic marker that shone for all to see, spoke of the reason for the disappearance of their final member. He rubbed at it now, but the slime just clung and stuck, now as much on his hands as the rest of him. He wrinkled his nose, disgusted by the texture and the surprisingly robust smell.

Apparently it was this gesture that had Azazel leaping forward. Sure, he could have expelled a fountain of blood and taken Judas' life right then, but this trespass called for a more personal approach. The point was not to kill, but to work out an emotion that had nowhere else to go.

Judas' own shouted warning came too late. As the demon tackled him, they both went down, Judas' back scraping against the hard stone.

Only...

The impact had knocked off his fez. Now without the accessory, the child before them was plainly not who they had thought.

"...Isaac?" Magdalene's voice was unsure, frail and wobbly with tears.
But it was Isaac. Without the hat that marked him, the resemblance was clear. Even Azazel now looked confused, shakily getting to his feet and staring at Judas... Isaac, with a disturbed expression.

"I didn't want you to find out like this," he began, haltingly at first.

"I'm... not who you all thought. None of us are. The others...
that
Isaac, your friend Blue," he nodded at Azazel, who reacted to the name as though he'd been struck, "...even this." He lifted up his foot slightly to show the softly glowing blue stain. "We're all him, we always have been. We're the different paths he's taken. And none of us-"

Judas' voice was cut off as everything shifted. Eve's hand, awkwardly patting Magdalene's hair, her
wig
, the girls own tears, Azazel's tail that flicked back and forth with unrest. It all vanished into the nothingness that had sprung from.

What was left in the room was lost.

Transparent, he floated a few feet above the ground, his lower half vanishing into a wispy tail. Crying as if by instinct, his tears disappeared as they met the ground, ethereal. They were tears of loneliness, confusion, betrayal, but he himself did not know why he cried.

When a voice from above called out, he did look. Whether it was for guidance, or just to be assured that there was still someone out there looking for him, to take him home, he also could not say. But the voice, the
kind
voice, the
warm
voice, called his attention upwards.

From a wooden trap door, open and inviting, light filtered down.

Farkran
has been eliminated. He was
Judas
, and a member of the
mafia

The
town
, composed of
Costello
catboi
Ydrasse
Flea The Magician
madeline
bugspray
, and
Hectic
, has won! Thank you all for playing.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by catboi »

requesting the entire raven PT be redacted
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by madeline »

thankyou for moderating
something is not right
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1229, catboi wrote:requesting the entire raven PT be redacted
haha. no.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Gamma Emerald and Farkran have 48 hours to notify me of any redactions they'd like for the mafia PT. I'll be releasing everything else in a moment.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Costello »

lmfao cat you owned gamma so hard in the dead PT that he siteflaked

damn son
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1231, Not Chara wrote:
In post 1229, catboi wrote:requesting the entire raven PT be redacted
haha. no.
</3
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 92, Hectic wrote:Farkran-scum who's afraid of being hardscumread by Prism again

we got em
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Hectic »

Thanks for moderating, Chara! Really enjoyed the flavour

and fun setup as always, Isis
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Not Chara »

The Void (Dead Thread)
Sacrifice PT (??? and Azazel v1)
Raven PT (Eve and Raven v1)

---

Spoiler: Game Actions
Day 1:
  1. Costello is majority voted, Dead Bird activates
  2. Costello chooses catboi as Raven
  3. Hectic selects The Soul
  4. catboi selects Gamma Emerald as the elimination
Night 1:
  1. catboi swaps roles with Gamma Emerald (Apollyon <--> Isaac)
  2. Flea The Magician sends Poop to Hectic
  3. Hectic becomes The Soul
  4. bugspray bodyguards Costello
  5. catboi uses Void on Gamma Emerald
  6. madeline reveals ???'s role in the hood
  7. Farkran uses The Book of Belial on Hectic (fails)
  8. Farkran kills catboi (Apollyon's action resolved instantly, so catboi flips as new role)
Day 2:
  1. Ydrasse uses coroner on catboi (returns Isaac)
  2. Flea seals the Sacrifice PT
Night 2:
  1. bugspray bodyguards Farkran
  2. Farkran uses The Book of Belial on madeline (succeeds)
  3. Farkran kills Hectic

---

Spoiler: Azazel

Your name is
Azazel
. You carry the burden of sin on your shoulders.

You share a neighbourhood with
???
. [link to hood]

The Nail
: At night, you may post "
Reveal ???'s role
" in the neighbourhood, bolded. The moderator will, within that neighbourhood, reveal
???
's complete role information (but not their alignment).

Spoiler: ???

Your name is
???
. You're only a little dead.

You share a neighbourhood with
Azazel
. [link to hood]

Forget Me Now:
At any time, you may PM the moderator to permanently lock the neighbourhood you share with
Azazel
. This will make it completely impossible for any player to view the topic
or
the posts within until the game is over.
Azazel
will be PMed all posts made between their most recent post and the end of the topic. This ability can only be used once per game.

The Poop:
Each night, you may target a player. They will receive a thoughtful gift. (It's poop.)

Spoiler: Judas

Your name is
Judas
. You are a betrayer by nature.

You are aware this game contains one or more neighbourhoods. Keep in mind: a private topic where all members know each other's alignment, such as a Masonry or Scum PT, is not a neighbourhood.

The Book of Belial
: Each night, you may target a player. If that player is in a neighbourhood, you will receive a charge of
The Book of Belial
's day ability. You can hold a maximum of 1 charge, and you begin the game uncharged.
During the day, if you are charged, you may PM the moderator to lock and reveal all neighbourhoods that currently exist in the game. This expends the charge.

Spoiler: Magdalene

Your name is
Magdalene
. You are overflowing with love, sometimes to your detriment.

Celtic Cross
: Each night, you may target a player. If that player would be killed at night, you will die in their place.

Spoiler: Eve

Your name is
Eve
. You've learned that life is not fair.

Dead Bird:
When the vote to eliminate you,
Eve
, reaches majority, the game enters an extended Twilight. At this point, you have 48 hours to select a player to become your
Raven
. They are permanently removed from all neighbourhoods they are in, if any, and join a new one with you. You may post in this hood, but the
Raven
cannot, because they are a bird.
From this point, the
Raven
has 48 hours to select a new elimination, or to affirm you as the elimination. If you and the
Raven
are scumpartners, they must choose to eliminate you.
Dead Bird can only be activated once per game.

Spoiler: Isaac

Your name is
Isaac
. You were powerless against the will of others.

The D6
: The D6 can be rolled once per game. During the Day, you may PM the moderator to reroll every role in the game, for all players, living or dead. Each player will receive a new role PM to reflect their changed role, even if fate has granted them the exact same one they had before.

Additional clarifications:
For edge case roles in the game, this is how they'd be affected, if they exist. Expect unclarified mechanics to behave in a similar and/or intuitive spirit:
-X shot roles and the like remain expended, a new player gains the role and is informed how much charge is left.
-if a role provides a private topic, a brand new private topic will be created to support role changes, and players who lost roles that let them use a private topic will lose the ability to post in it or review it.
-if a role learns information over the course of the game, including but not limited to investigatives, the new recipient of the role won't receive a back catalog of information learned. If a role learns something at the very start of the game, however, that is also granted to the player who is shuffled into the role. If it is information about role distribution, it will apply to the new role distribution, not the game start one.
-if a role is a Lover and a dead player and living player each receive the lover effect, it won't cause the lover to perish retroactively.
-if a player has received some kind of boon or curse that came from someone else's role or character, they will keep it after the shuffle, it isn't considered part of their character. Examples: Inventor, Neighborizer, Poisoner. (Note in the case of neighborizer, there's a player who has received a boon, and a player who is involved because of their role. A new neighborhood would be created consisting of <new player with role> + <boon player, irrespective of a recent change in role>.)
-This should go without saying but is particularly troublesome in the unlikely event it is misunderstood: this game is confirmed to have no midgame alignment changes, no one's alignment will change and in no cases will strange roles somehow grant scum PT access to townies.
-If a player inherits an Indecisive or Roaming role, they will be given the minimum amount of information necessary to continue making legal decisions for the role.
- If a player receives a Compulsive role, they will need to make their own pre-submitted actions immediately, before their next game post

Spoiler: The Forgotten

Your name is
The Forgotten
. No one remembers who you used to be.

Divorce Papers
: At the end of day 1, your role as
The Forgotten
will be discarded, and replaced with one of two roles, the specifics of which will not be made clear to you until you receive one. Your default selection is
Bony
. PM the moderator to change your preference up until this point.

Bony
: Proves your alignment to others, somehow.

The Soul
: Proves facts about others, somehow.

Spoiler: The Lost

Your name is
The Lost
. You are nothing, and no one, and isn't that sad?

Holy Mantle
: Once per day, you may target a dead player. You will learn all information pertaining to their role.

Spoiler: Apollyon

Your name is
Apollyon
. You are the angel of the abyss.

Void
: At any time during the game, you may PM the moderator to target a dead player. You will exchange roles with this player.
Void
can be used twice per game, but as with all abilities, cannot be used while dead.

-----------------------

Spoiler: The Forgotten Role Options

Your name is
Bony
. You move without any muscles, your skull's a cavernous hall.

Brittle Bones:
You cannot be protected from kills.

Book of the Dead:
If you are visited by another player during the night, that player will be informed of your alignment. Additionally, if you are performing an action at night with a single target, your action will automatically target the player who targeted you. If you are targeted by multiple players, your new target will be determined randomly.

Your name is
The Soul
. You are no longer tethered to your physical form.

Hallowed Ground:
If you are visited by another player during the night, that visit will be announced publicly at daystart in the format:
[visiting player] visited [username] last night.

---

Role Assignments

madeline: Azazel
Flea The Magician: ???
Farkran: Judas
bugspray: Magdalene
Costello: Eve
Gamma Emerald: Isaac
Hectic: The Forgotten
Ydrasse: The Lost
catboi: Apollyon
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Hectic »

You probably should've just trueclaimed that over PT Cop, Farkran. Though it might've meant we actually push you out day 2 because you don't have mech reasons to be kept around, idk. I think the alternative makes it really hard to win though

Please do join more games, was great to play with you again after so long
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Hectic »

One of Prism/catboi need to roll scum against the other in a game eventually so I can get a taste of those juicy interactions
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

Farkran was supposed to join the Dead PT so I could hang out with him.
This was very sadge.
GTKAS
| here.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1239, Hectic wrote:One of Prism/catboi need to roll scum against the other in a game eventually so I can get a taste of those juicy interactions
no fanfiction pls
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Not Chara »

not going to lie, i was not going to finish the flavour, but Hectic's encouragement in the dead thread allowed me to do so.

so thank you! and thanks everyone for playing and hopefully enjoying the game. and a special thanks to Isis for allowing me to adopt the setup.
it is important to note that while Isis is responsible for 99% of this setup, there were two changes i made myself. one was the addition of The Poop, when we decided the setup needed another visiting role, and i really wanted it to be poop. the second was the decision to allow the thread to remain open during the Special Twilight on day 1. obviously this changes things dramatically, but i ultimately decided to move forward with it rather than consulting Isis about threadlock because my rules as they were written, and Eve's role PM, implied that the main thread would stay open.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i'd also like to note that Costello's Raven PT, populated by exactly one Costello, is the longest PT in the game at 5 pages.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by catboi »

Thanks for modding! Neat setup and I had fun~

Nice playing with you all, even with Pris-chan's vicious trolling
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Costello »

In post 1238, Hectic wrote:You probably should've just trueclaimed that over PT Cop, Farkran. Though it might've meant we actually push you out day 2 because you don't have mech reasons to be kept around, idk. I think the alternative makes it really hard to win though

Please do join more games, was great to play with you again after so long
I think true claiming after his soft would have been bad, because then there's no reason for me to even consider going on anyone else to start.

Faking another role would have also been hard given the power on the table, ex. Can't claim protective. Can't really claim tracker or something either. What would he even have left?

Got mechanically fucked by the N2 catch from the getgo, little chance to salvage it at that point
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Farkran, i am very happy you took me up on the invitation, and i'm glad you had fun in spite of how many obstacles scum had in front of them this game. i hope to see you in another game.

and yes, Isaac's reroll never going off
was
disappointing, but c'est la vie!
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Costello »

I won't say I had fun outside of the Raven PT but you made a very fun and inventive setup and modded/wrote great flavor.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Costello »

(I said you but I meant Isis for the first, Chara for the second)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

thank you for modding! <3 i loved the flavor this game so much, it was great!

gg everyone!!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”