Micro 1002: Dark Waltz III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm sorry </3 i don't know what i did frankly but i had fun the brief time in the pt!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by unwnd »

It was a bit of how you interacted with Koba and a bit of this too:

unwnd

Today at 11:00 PM
a lot of my townreading her was just getting trust
i do that ingame
ill give a townread and try to get people to trust me
even if it doesn't fully match
i mean i definitely had a moment where i did consider her being town as well so it wasn't all diplomatic
but something felt wrong either way
also yes that too
i contemplated sacrifice actually
my problem sometimes is that i think some people do take this game very emotionally right
so part of me was like 'i wont in case ydra is town and they get all sad'
Pooky

Today at 11:02 PM
aww
you're such a softie :heart:
Stop
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2096, unwnd wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself

Enjoyed playing with everyone, what I said to Koba wasn't right even if they were scum in the end. I generally don't see people that way but I had some spite well up because the way you play sometimes just doesn't match with how I do. It's nothing personal though, would like to apologize regardless
i accept -

i was playing sacrificial in a way too while trying to seem like i was trying NOT to get limmed in order to make ydrasse semi clear due to the nightless nature of the setup.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I definitely had a lot of fun with this game
Enjoyed this game much more than my average games might have been because I was scum

And there was even some brief moments I thought “wow maybe I won’t die” lol but alas didn’t happen

Good job to ydrasse and Harley for the carry I hope I didn’t weigh too much
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2101, unwnd wrote:It was a bit of how you interacted with Koba and a bit of this too:

unwnd

Today at 11:00 PM
a lot of my townreading her was just getting trust
i do that ingame
ill give a townread and try to get people to trust me
even if it doesn't fully match
i mean i definitely had a moment where i did consider her being town as well so it wasn't all diplomatic
but something felt wrong either way
also yes that too
i contemplated sacrifice actually
my problem sometimes is that i think some people do take this game very emotionally right
so part of me was like 'i wont in case ydra is town and they get all sad'
Pooky

Today at 11:02 PM
aww
you're such a softie :heart:
aw, unwnd !!! <3

i wouldn't have been upset by it frankly; the time that i got emotional this game was something else, just being frustrated because i felt i had done stuff right and yet was still a contender somehow to die, which was just a demoralizing moment which ended up with me actually getting upset bc i felt i had wasted my time somehow with effort, which is dumb , but i wouldn't have ever gotten sad for you just... playing the game, you know?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

While I wasn't scum I see what you mean, and I feel like that one response you made to me about your emotions (even as scum) was probably true right? Like I told Pooky though don't mistake my intentions I just wanted everyone to enjoy themselves so we could have a sweaty tryhard game

That's all yeah
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah i would've been upset too ydrasse. i pretty much picked and tried to force you for all the wrong reasons (i wanted to cover my bases if fire was somehow town), and getting scumread for the wrong reasons is pretty annoying as scum but being forced up for the wrong reasons is probably run it down mid worthy.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Also think this game leaned in too hard to give scum ways to win. Felt like we could just instant win at so many stages. Felt it was too strong scum favored.

I mean we could get rekt very fast too but like it never felt like that was reasonably likely
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ehh it is scum favored but town has so much room for counterplay where its fine. it would be an absolute sweat fest for town to even remotely have a chance at winning but thats what makes playing town fun for me at least
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I told pooky I thought there was like a 60 percent chance we just win at first pairing stage cause town didn’t get it together, glad I was wrong but it felt close
Show

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2105, unwnd wrote:While I wasn't scum I see what you mean, and I feel like that one response you made to me about your emotions (even as scum) was probably true right? Like I told Pooky though don't mistake my intentions I just wanted everyone to enjoy themselves so we could have a sweaty tryhard game

That's all yeah
about my emotions? yeah, everything i feel is ~real~, for better or worse; i felt upset this game because i was upset... as scum, which was dumb i guess, i felt like i shouldn't have been so frustrated over it all, and probably shouldn't have posted, but i very much Don't make up how i feel and it's just a matter of how i post during it/use it. there are probably small things in like, how i post it i guess that are AI but in general i feel a lot as either alignment when i'm invested
'
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

that was my biggest worry immediately which is why i tried to dictator the game state because at least i know im town
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i probably should never do that again
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Firebringer »

And I was trying to help town pair tbh
Show

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

this setup has shades of baton pass

goat tier category of setups
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

town gets three chosen eliminations at once - the associatives off that first elimination should be very well suited to help solve the game afterwards if you didn't mess up (which on average you shouldn't) - which i recognized right off the bat and realized bussing was good if i can find a natural one.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yep, batonpass esque strategy right there

koba u absolutely sweaty god i love you
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

I would take a loss over that bus because i am trying my hardest to convince people i can have fun and not care as town too !!!!!!!!!!!!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

not sweaty rip
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I was going for a setup that would be scum-sided but winnable for town with tense moments at every decision point.

The room for error was incredibly small and one mistake could pretty much lose the game immediately for the town-side.

I was very happy with how it ended up playing out with the town having multiple chances at forcing a victory and the scum battling back to salvage their position through cunning counterplay.

For example there was a real chance the "deathpool" would've contained two scum if Oka had forced Ydra/Fire into the "Deathpool" but the scum team did end up pairing up with Hectic instead and somehow managed to get Oka paired with Fire ? Which was very mindboggling :3.

Even after removing oka, fire, mom, the town had a good shot of winning if the UTRs in unwnd/noraa had paired up but the scum did a brilliant job of getting paired up with the most widely townread players instead.

I think both sides played fantastically well and it was a hard fought / well deserved victory.

btw the "deathpool" thing was a stroke of brilliance on Oka's part and something I did not see coming at all haha :3
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2117, Ydrasse wrote:I would take a loss over that bus because i am trying my hardest to convince people i can have fun and not care as town too !!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry i couldn't tell you the extent of the plan in fear of like causing ingenuine reactions :(

mostly a sac though - i didnt try to mimic my townplay as much here.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2119, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I was going for a setup that would be scum-sided but winnable for town with tense moments at every decision point.

The room for error was incredibly small and one mistake could pretty much lose the game immediately for the town-side.

I was very happy with how it ended up playing out with the town having multiple chances at forcing a victory and the scum battling back to salvage their position through cunning counterplay.

For example there was a real chance the "deathpool" would've contained two scum if Oka had forced Ydra/Fire into the "Deathpool" but the scum team did end up pairing up with Hectic instead and somehow managed to get Oka paired with Fire ? Which was very mindboggling :3.

Even after removing oka, fire, mom, the town had a good shot of winning if the UTRs in unwnd/noraa had paired up but the scum did a brilliant job of getting paired up with the most widely townread players instead.

I think both sides played fantastically well and it was a hard fought / well deserved victory.
yes!! that overall is the scumplan is to get paired with hard town in order to reduce chances of dying - harley and ydrasse did great there to refuse LHF pairs :3
retired
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

:(

yeah i do have to blame myself for pairing with fire there. i played right into scum's hands whether they intended to or not and that probably costed us the game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and getting the dream of ydra/fire/mom was never happening really. by the time i came up with that solution i kinda lost control of the thread
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

not pairing unwnd with noraa is arguably a mistake but its a forgivable one. its not something you really look for unless you've played enough dance games and engaged with the theory of how to play dance optimally. that one was on me as well. i probably should've explained it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”