Micro 1006 | Hydrogen-9121 | The End

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 257, xijinping wrote:
In post 231, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 230, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 220, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 204, RationalMadman wrote:To be clear either way around, I don't townread Vander. That said, the one thing thatakese feel Vander isn't a partner with Robert is how little Robert cares. It imolies Robert's partner doesn't care about this game either.
In post 209, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 205, RationalMadman wrote:So Robert's flip is indeed important to structure any day 2 reads and is safest to still eliminate, I will revote after Robert outs reads or when time demands
You just decided I'd be the easiest townie to slay on my second post and you've been piling on nonstop ever since, hoping to bamboozle the other players into submitting to your will, like the good little scum that you are.
This is extremely scummy imo

I very much do not believe this is genuine from Robert, I think he is just retaliating.
I'm not retaliation, I have a job with overtime shifts, I don't have the time and energy to fight off a scum with 98 posts that totally dominates the game and decided to call every word I type scummy, he's been pushing me down from the game's onset and keeps me down by kicking me in the nads at every opportunity. He's not a townie honestly trying to find my alignment, he's known my alignment from the start and he could smell I'm an easy mark.
What I find very suspicious from you is your sudden extreme confidence that he is scum.
Why can't he be town and wrong?
Yeah maybe this is scum too. I don’t like the fact that he is trying to present this as his own thought and not mine

-Xi
Xi trying to pretend that I have been sheeping his reads about Robert.

Everything I've posted has been the correct order (apart from Xi's three consecutive posts)
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 260, xijinping wrote:Why not? I say hammer away

-Xi
In post 261, xijinping wrote:Like if he is town he’s just going to keep doing this, what’s the point

-Xi
Xi says more against Robert.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 262, xijinping wrote:
In post 228, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 212, xijinping wrote:
In post 204, RationalMadman wrote:To be clear either way around, I don't townread Vander. That said, the one thing thatakese feel Vander isn't a partner with Robert is how little Robert cares. It imolies Robert's partner doesn't care about this game either.
Can you explain how you get to the conclusion that if scum!Robert doesn't care, his partner doesn't care either? Who would you consider "doesn't care about this game"?

-Xi
He's scum... it's all BS.
What is this response even.

-Xi
In post 264, xijinping wrote:
In post 196, Enchant wrote:... Or Robert is town. Which i find sadly likely
Where do you stand on Robert now? Do you agree with my points against him?

-Xi
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 268, xijinping wrote:im so far behind LOL. honestly dont have a strong read on rationalmadman or robert, feel like i have played enough before to see a bunch of people who just give up the moment they see they are bad and people who are just proactive throughout the whole game but just turns out to be a very well balanced player. it also seems like N_M is just the biggest troll in this game or something, I also find that since we probably should vote someout today, N_M might not be a bad choice as in the worst case that NM claim PR then we dont lynch or if NM just dont say anything anyways NM just not oging to contribute much
Uh oh
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

And then Robert gets hammered.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

It's possible you are just going to assume that everything I am saying about the kill is wifom, so feel free to ignore it, but there is a literally 0% chance that I decline to kill the confirmed town over the unconfirmed town in a situation where the confirmed town scumreads me more than the unconfirmed town.
I've played between 500-600 games of mafia online and I have literally never in my life done this.

I think it is a stupid kill from Xi as well, but in his shoes it at least makes a modicum of sense because there is a clear reason why he might want to do it which makes more sense than me relying on the "why would I do this" argument of a kill that, in my experience, is pretty useless because people tend to rely on their own personal reads much more than the NK wifom.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Regarding the Robert kill, neither of us were pushing on him before his VT claim.

Very shortly after Robert claims VT, I start blasting him, calling him the most suspicious person in the thread, and making it very clear that I only wanted to vote Robert that day (even over AoC, who up until that point I had been pushing pretty hard on)

There are basically two useful strategies when it comes to a mafia who is getting a lot of pressure.
Either the mafia decides to sac themselves to out the relevant PR, or the mafia claims VT and it essentially becomes the number one goal of the mafia team to NOT have that person just immediately die.
R_M explained why pretty well here:
In post 414, RationalMadman wrote:
In post 410, Agent of Chaos wrote:
In post 407, RationalMadman wrote:Vander would not tell Robert to claim Vanilla rather than Seer.
Elaborate?
Only someone who genuinely believed that claiming Vanilla was a great bluff which would get the bandwagon away from Robert would recommend doing this. Vander is very experienced, he'd almost 100% recommend Robert to CC Seer because what you (AoC) don't understand and I now understand you weren't pretending to not understand earlier, is that if Scum doesn't CC Seer, Town is likely to still eliminate the Vanilla claim that they already did scumread anyway, in order to protect PR-outing risk.

Furthermore, what you
definitely don't gras
is that the strategy of Mafia, more so than Town, in a setup like this, needs to be defensive and built around worst-case scenarios. Town had 9/25 shot at pure physical autowin on Day 2 (3/5 chance Vanilla dies at night multiplied by 3/5 chance that Seer investigated non-Cop living Vanilla or the last Werewolf) which would instead be 0/25 had Robert CC'd Seer.

Furthermore, that 9/25 is not the full probability of how bad the situation was for Scum. If on Day 2, the 11/25 happens, the Scum is still severely screwed because there's almost definitely one Townie (in this case myself) that is too blatantly Town to lose to scum in the 2-way let alone 3-way which we would typically have here. Unfortunately the scenario that absolutely guaranteed Werewolf evened-game probability to win happened; the Seer died (there is one other way this works out for scum, if Cop died and the Seer investigated the Cop, that helps Scum practically just as much since Seer will have to out this day phase or risk being successfully CC'd by WW on Day Phase 3 regardless.

Do I think Vander would encourage Robert to land Vander into 9/25 probability autoloss on DP2 if Robert gets eliminated vs 0/25 chance if Robert claims Seer? No. Do I think you would? Yes. Do I think the Hydra would? No.

Do I think that Robert, on his own, took the initative to do that without consulting his partner? Possibly, which is the only thing I hesitate(d) about scumreading you based on after Robert's flip. However, everything Vander and the Hydra did towards the end of the DP1 implied they would love to get rid of Robert rather than risk anyone else outing, you implied the opposite.
In post 411, Agent of Chaos wrote:
In post 407, RationalMadman wrote:The Hydra was agitated with Enchant for unvoting Robert and tried to develop a case for Enchant being scum if Robert flips town, towards the ending of the Day Phase where there'd be no real point in doing so as a scum oartner of Robert, especially not when the Hudra themselves votes Robert over myself and encourages others to push.
Looks like bussing to me.
In post 412, Agent of Chaos wrote:Not the kind of bussing where you create a crowd to TERMINATE your partner, but where you join an already created crowd which is likely going to TERMIANTE your partner anyways.
See my answer to above.

As soon as Robert claimed VT and the pressure started dying down on him, I commit very heavily to the idea of flipping Robert.
Both Xi and I are casting suspicion on other people (unfortunately incorrectly in my case) but I, unlike Xi, at no point even entertain the idea of not flipping Robert.

We both started pushing to kill Robert after his VT claim but I don't think it's even remotely close which of us was more instrumental to killing Robert.
R_M deserves the initial credit but before Xi casts a vote on Robert, you have all of the posts I quoted where I talk about Robert being suspicious.

There is a very big difference between my hypothetical decision to start hard bussing Robert at that stage of the game in a situation where momentum really was dying down on Robert and there was a seemingly real chance he would survive, and Xi's decision to do it when there is one additional town (me) who was pushing on him as hard as I was.
I believe it's much more clear that Robert was going down after I started pushing on him than before since essentially the only difference between Xi's and my scum perspectives is the amount I started pushing on him.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I'll take questions, n_m.

Please actually think about this and read through, if not the thread, at least the posts I have quoted which give an accurate timeline of when Xi and I both started actually pushing on Robert.

Xi puts some very benign "pressure" on Robert in the form of saying he has a problem with him, and I say repeatedly that Robert is my top kill.
At the end of the day when Robert is much more clearly dead, Xi starts to go harder.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

You might be wondering, of my many games I've played, what my meta is of bussing or defending partners.

And this is not wifom, this is a fact, that over my large number of games (mostly on another site), I have a reputation of being extremely NON-bussy, bussing much less than other players.

If you don't want to take my word for it, I will send you many many links of people posting things that will confirm this.

I do bus occasionally, I actually bussed a couple of partners in a recent game, but when I do this I do it because I think the cred is worth it.

In this game, the cred is very clearly obviously not worth it because no matter how good I end up looking, there is an extremely high chance of just being in a mathematical loss.
Scum got lucky and achieved the best possible position they could have this game by killing the cop, pretty much any other scenario (even if enchant had been seer) involves scum having to lynch R_M (someone who I have been consistently hard townreading btw)
And I think it's pretty clear that this is not the kind of situation I would want to deviate from my meta to hard bus Robert for that outcome.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Urgh why
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:10 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 484, Not_Mafia wrote:Urgh why
Yeah that's a good question
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Fuck it, I'm going fishing instead

VOTE: xijinping
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

We win, WP

GG
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Who is we?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:23 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

I get the paranoia but I feel my phrasing was pretty clear haha

Town wins assuming Xi is not cop and a lunatic
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 457, xijinping wrote:looks like RationalMadman played really well this time to pin down both scum like that. and
@Sirius
thanks for the mod. Maybe I'll tell you my identity, we've played before :P
This is why I voted xi
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Seer I mean
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

Yeah actually I was going to ask the other two about that if you had died

When I first saw the AoC outing stuff after the hammer I did think he was scum but I was fully expecting AoC to lie like that as town there
xijinping
xijinping
Townie
xijinping
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 am

Post by xijinping »

Well played town! We were Werewolf.

-Xi
xijinping
xijinping
Townie
xijinping
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:19 am

Post by xijinping »

I killed N_M because I didn't want to drag this game out longer tbh, lol. Was kind of hoping for a quick end either way. Nice hammer.

-Xi
xijinping
xijinping
Townie
xijinping
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:19 am

Post by xijinping »

*killed RM.

-Xi
xijinping
xijinping
Townie
xijinping
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:22 am

Post by xijinping »

In post 490, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 457, xijinping wrote:looks like RationalMadman played really well this time to pin down both scum like that. and
@Sirius
thanks for the mod. Maybe I'll tell you my identity, we've played before :P
This is why I voted xi
Interesting that's the post that gave me away lol. Why out of curiosity?

-Xi
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's very forced
xijinping
xijinping
Townie
xijinping
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 am

Post by xijinping »

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!

WP everyone. I really didn't want to roll scum this game, since I was hoping I could show my friend the ropes of forum mafia. I'm not a good scum player and rolling scum in your first forum game is really tough so I didn't have much advice for him. Maybe you'll see us around and hopefully when we roll town :P

-Xi
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:12 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I'd have probably mishammered here bad I been left alive.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”