Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor?

Moderator:
|
Backup/Co moderator:

Player List:
  1. Andante

2. humaneatingmonkey
    GeorgeBailey

3. Emily
    Robert M Hunter

4. Vanderscamp

5. flow trap

6. bugspray

7. GrandpaMo

8. Hopkirk

9. Loki Dokie
bold = confirmed, asterisk = prod, strike = replaced

alive players:

Spoiler:
  1. Emily
  2. Loki Dokie

evicted players:

Spoiler:
  1. bugspray,
    Town Neighbor
    was evicted day 1
  2. Andante,
    Friendly Neighbor
    was evicted night 1
  3. flow trap,
    Mafia Neighbor
    was evicted day 2
  4. humaneatingmonkey ,
    Town Neighbor
    was evicted night 2
  5. GrandpaMo,
    Town Neighbor
    was evicted day 3
  6. Vanderscamp,
    Town Neighbor
    was evicted night 3
  7. Hopkirk,
    Mafia Neighbor
    was evicted day 4

events & votecounts:

Spoiler:
nothing yet!

Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
Living PlayersEmily (replaces RMH; Robert; Hunter; Robert M Hunter; Em)
Hopkirk (replaces Hop)
Loki Dokie (replaces Loki; LD)

Links
Last edited by DkKoba on Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 am, edited 26 times in total.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Rules

shamelessly stolen
inspired by plotinus' schadd_'s and Datisi's rulesets.

the TL;DR:

~ day 1: 14 days. days 2+: 10 days. nights: 2 days.
~ Majority eliminates.
~ 36 hour before prod, 24 hours before replacement.
~ if you want to replace out, pm me.
~ be NICE
~ I have some special rules that are not so common on all rulesets, please read to make sure you do not break them.

The Basics:

~ follow all site rules.
~ my mod color is
blue
. you can use it if you want, just don't attempt to impersonate me.
~ you may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads i have created for this purpose. you may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
~
if you wish to replace out, pm me, do not request replacement in thread.
do not discuss your reasons for replacing out publicly. do not threaten to replace out or tell other players to replace out. if you have any concerns that a player should be replaced, pm me.
~ do not quote pm's from the mod at all, either real or fabricated. this includes specific timestamps. paraphrasing is acceptable.
~
don’t be a dick.
this is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. attack the play not the player. if your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. if you do not stop, i will tell you to stop. if you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced.
~ play to win. seriously claiming scum with another player is against the rules. i will judge what counts as serious - don't toe the line.
~
The only allowed media is embed content, or links to uneditable content. For example, vocaroos and pastebins are not allowed to be linked to in the thread.

~ if you have any questions about the rules, feel free to pm me.

Days and Voting:

~ day 1 lasts up to 14 real-life days. days 2+ last up to 10 real-life days.
~ extensions may or may not be granted if there are replacements, or if the circumstances call for it (for example, if the site was experiencing issues).
~ votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: DkKoba or
vote: DkKoba
. Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. unvotes are nice but not required. type [
v]datisi[
/v] to vote and [
uv]datisi[
/uv] to unvote.
~ you can use nicknames when voting, as long as it is clear who you're referring to.
~ if i think it’s a vote, it’s a vote.
~ days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to execute somebody.
~ if a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no execution, the day will end without an execution. at evens, 50% is sufficient for no execution.
~ twilight begins when a majority is reached and lasts until i lock the thread. you're still alive until i flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
~ it takes (100% of living players + 1) votes to execute the moderator.

Activity and V/LA:

~ you must post at least once every 36 hours or i will prod you. you then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or i will replace you. if you come back before i find a replacement, you can stay.
~ if i have to prod you for the fourth time, i will automatically start searching for a replacement.
~ if you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start pm or you will be replaced during the night.
~ players can request me to prod somebody early. this will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod.
~ if you need to be absent for longer than 36 hours, you should declare
v/la
in bold in the thread like this: [
b]
@mod: I will be v/la until thursday
[
/b]. while you are v/la, you will be nudged once every 60 hours. two nudges equals one prod. if you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of v/la status, you will be replaced.
~ a naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. to avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; datisi is still scum."

Nights and Night Actions:

~ nights last 48 hours.
~ the night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
~ you may submit actions via pm. if you have a scum pt or a notes pt, you may also submit your actions there. if the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. you can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
~ if i don't hear from you about your night actions, i'll pm you 24 hours before the deadline. this doesn't count as a prod. if i still don't hear from you, you will take no action.

Miscellaneous:

~ let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. you may draft posts in your notes pt if the posts are clearly meant to be posted in the main thread. you may not directly quote from the notes pt. you may not use it to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
~ in addition to the above, you may not discuss the existence of notes PTs with other players, even if it is not your own PT. In the context of the game, the notes PT does not exist. The only exception that exists here is when a post is made that links to a private topic by accident, one may claim it is from their notes PT. That is the only exception to this rule.
~ provable randomness is against the rules. saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org screenshots is not.
~ no hard to read / extremely small text. cryptography is forbidden. breadcrumbing is okay.
~ using scripts to alter or hide another player's posts is not allowed.
~ pretending to break rules will bear the same consequences as actually breaking them
~ the mod may make mistakes. minor errors (such as a mistake in the vote count) can be pointed out in-thread. for bigger errors, please pm me.
~ angleshooting the rules is also against the rules. If you are trying to circumvent a rule via a technicality, it won't fly, and you will still receive a warning.
~ i reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as i see fit. you will be notified if this happens.

Setup Information:

~ this is an open game.
~ any and all private topics will be open at all times
~ all info about the setup being used is here minus the daytalk restriction
~ there are 4 neighborhoods, 2 of which have 2 townies, and 2 that have 1 mafia and 1 townie each, as well as a Friendly Neighbor that may use their ability at any time. (role PMs in next post)
~ mafia members are allowed to quote posts into their scum PT. This is the only exception I will allow with quoting posts out of PTs, do not quote your neighborhood chat into the thread.
~
all flavor is rolled separately from role
Last edited by DkKoba on Mon May 10, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Sample role PMs:

Spoiler:
DkKoba

Spongebob, the
Friendly Neighbor

You are a Town Friendly Neighbor.

At any one point during the game, you may target a player. That player will be mailed a stern letter saying that you are aligned with the Town. You can only use this ability once during the game.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Good Luck.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this PM with your role name and alignment.

DkKoba

Spongebob, the
Town Neighbor

You are Neighbors with
Player
. You may talk to
Player
at any time in the thread linked here.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Good Luck.

The game thread is here. Please confirm by replying to this PM with your role name and alignment.

DkKoba

Spongebob, the
Mafia Neighbor

You are Neighbors with
Player
. You may talk to
Player
at anytime in the thread linked here.

You are mafia with
ScumPlayer
. You may talk to
ScumPlayer
anytime in the thread linked here. Your faction may kill 1 player each night.

You win when Mafia Neighbors makes up the majority of the remaining players or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck.

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

All role PMs are being drafted and sent out shortly.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

All role PM's are out! Everyone has (expired on 2021-05-11 10:30:00) to confirm their role, otherwise they will get replaced.

the game will begin once 7/9 players confirm their role.

currently confirmed: 8/9
Last edited by DkKoba on Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

I have 7 confirmations but I'm on mobile so I may be unable to open game until after work. I'll open asap
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

Players may now post in this thread.

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting
(9): Andante, flow trap, Robert M Hunter, Vanderscamp, Hopkirk, GeorgeBailey, Loki Dokie, bugspray, GrandpaMo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Mod notes: Loki Doki has yet to confirm. Deadline timer will begin as soon as that slot confirms, or the deadline to confirm expires, whichever happens first
retired
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Robert M Hunter »

VOTE: Hopkirk who dat
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:53 am

Post by flow trap »

VOTE: bugspray

This time we have 3 shortest names
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 am

Post by flow trap »

Well that took under a minute for me to make an error

VOTE: Andante

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Andante »

that is quite rude!!! I just wanted to host a neighborhood party at my place tonight!!!
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

Post by flow trap »

You should have made a longer name and/or gotten Robert to not vote Hop

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Andante »

I should be andante etnadna is what you're saying?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Andante »

also, I don't control Robert's vote
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:59 am

Post by flow trap »

I'm not flow wolf
In post 13, Andante wrote:also, I don't control Robert's vote
Not my problem

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Andante »

:/ wolfie tunneling me makes me sad
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Andante »

so uhh wolfie... is Robert your maf partner?
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 am

Post by flow trap »

Let me ask

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

Post by flow trap »

Robert are you my scum partner?

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Andante »

no answer = yes
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 am

Post by flow trap »

How can no of something equal yes?

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Andante »

yes silence = yes scum
silence = scum
s = s
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:05 am

Post by flow trap »

You need to prove ile^2n=um in order to cancel them

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am

Post by flow trap »

Or s=0 I guess

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: andante your rvs vibe is off from last time

double pedit wtf
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”