Micro 1021: Elect the Puppet Master [Scum wins]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Kerset »

Department of Agriculture have been prodded
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Kerset »

VOTE COUNT 1.1With 7 players alive it takes 4 to elect.

Department of Environment (1): Department of Culture,
Department of Education (1): Department of Education,
Department of Health (0):
Department of Culture (0):
Department of Agriculture (0):
Department of Justice (0):
Department of Tweets (0):

Not voting (5): Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Department of Justice, Department of Environment, Department of Tweets

Deadline: (expired on 2021-07-22 19:00:00)
giv me pagetop :(
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Department of Health »

In post 20, Department of Tweets wrote:I do not and will not entertain "people are hampering play by being silly in the first hours of day 1". I don't know why anyone does and that's why I soft vote against electing Department of Health.

@MOD
The puppetmaster's daytime identity guess solely relies on the dice roll and not an actual guess, right? Also, does being minister prevent you from being targeted by that daytime ability, and/or simply having had been targeted by it before makes you immune?
:(

That wasn’t even me, I just sort of agreed with it.

All I said was it wasn’t helpful to me which was true, so you’re ms interpreting my intention. You’re taking it as a criticism which wasn’t what I meant at all.
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:07 am

In post 17, Department of Health wrote:
In post 13, Department of Culture wrote:Nobody here stands out as particularly towny to me right now. I'm getting the impression that people are afraid of giving away too much info, but it's hampering the game right now.

A valid strategy is to semi-randomly vote someone in as minister here, they then become immune to becoming a puppet and can speak freely and lead the town.
Of course, we have a 1/7 chance of losing, but it is what it is.

I was thinking we could delegate this decision to either environment or health, with the caveat that they can't pick themselves.
Can you explain the mechanics because I’m a bit confused. As long as we don’t vote the PM today, we’re good and if we elect two more ministers, we win.

I agree, your post is probably the most helpful one so far, which unfortunately doesn’t tell us much.
I don’t like Tweets. They clearly mixed up my post with Culture.
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:13 am

In post 36, Department of Culture wrote:
In post 13, Department of Culture wrote:Nobody here stands out as particularly towny to me right now. I'm getting the impression that people are afraid of giving away too much info, but it's hampering the game right now.

A valid strategy is to semi-randomly vote someone in as minister here, they then become immune to becoming a puppet and can speak freely and lead the town.

I was thinking we could delegate this decision to either environment or health, with the caveat that they can't pick themselves.
Can you explain the mechanics because I’m a bit confused. As long as we don’t vote the PM today, we’re good and if we elect two more ministers, we win.

I agree, your post is probably the most helpful one so far, which unfortunately doesn’t tell us much.
You mean the game mechanics?

Voting puppet master is a loss, but voting out puppets is good because it removes that puppet from play and blocks the creation of new puppets for that night. Voting three Ministers is a town win, and I believe Ministers stay alive once elected.

I took the lack of action taken from you/environment to mean we weren't going with that plan in post 13, which is fine.
I’m just trying to get a handle on the game. Can you please requote that post for me?
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:15 am

So far, I like Dept of Culture, I’m getting good vibes from them.
Department of Tweets
Department of Tweets
Townie
Department of Tweets
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Department of Tweets »

In post 52, Department of Health wrote:
In post 20, Department of Tweets wrote:I do not and will not entertain "people are hampering play by being silly in the first hours of day 1". I don't know why anyone does and that's why I soft vote against electing Department of Health.

@MOD
The puppetmaster's daytime identity guess solely relies on the dice roll and not an actual guess, right? Also, does being minister prevent you from being targeted by that daytime ability, and/or simply having had been targeted by it before makes you immune?
:(

That wasn’t even me, I just sort of agreed with it.

All I said was it wasn’t helpful to me which was true, so you’re ms interpreting my intention. You’re taking it as a criticism which wasn’t what I meant at all.
right, my bad. I'm sorry, that was directed at DoC; I was against their attitude and suggestion we vote for you, not against you in particular. The "soft vote against" doesn't have TOO much to do with you personally, just that 1) DoC suggested it, therefore I reacted opposingly and 2) you mentioining a lack of alignment-readable posts or otherwise helpful information IRL day 1 is a possible maf tactic- jumping on trying to look town early. Just to be clear I don't maf read you, but I don't town read you which is why I wouldn't vote for you at the moment.
Department of Tweets
Department of Tweets
Townie
Department of Tweets
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Department of Tweets
Department of Tweets
Townie
Department of Tweets
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Department of Culture
Department of Culture
Townie
Department of Culture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Department of Culture »

In post 54, Department of Health wrote:

Voting puppet master is a loss, but voting out puppets is good because it removes that puppet from play and blocks the creation of new puppets for that night. Voting three Ministers is a town win, and I believe Ministers stay alive once elected.

I took the lack of action taken from you/environment to mean we weren't going with that plan in post 13, which is fine.
I’m just trying to get a handle on the game. Can you please requote that post for me?
What do you mean by re-quote the post?
Department of Culture
Department of Culture
Townie
Department of Culture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:30 pm

In post 56, Department of Tweets wrote:The "soft vote against" doesn't have TOO much to do with you personally, just that 1) DoC suggested it, therefore I reacted opposingly
This doesn't make sense, why are you opposed to me suggesting other people should make decisions?
Department of Culture
Department of Culture
Townie
Department of Culture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:32 pm

To be clear, I didn't suggest that we vote for Department of Health, I suggested that they or Environment, both of who hadn't posted yet, would come in and solo elect somebody (not themselves) for the vote
Department of Education
Department of Education
Townie
Department of Education
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Department of Education »

Department of Tweets is obvscum so I think we win.
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:05 pm

In post 59, Department of Culture wrote:
In post 54, Department of Health wrote:

What do you mean by re-quote the post?
or link to make it easier for me to read post #13 obviously because I’m still not sure which post you’re referring to. When I try to locate posts without quotes or links, I sometimes don’t find the correct one.
Department of Health
Department of Health
Goon
Department of Health
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 62, Department of Education wrote:Department of Tweets is obvscum so I think we win.
Why?
Department of Education
Department of Education
Townie
Department of Education
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Department of Education »

The scumread on me is forced.
Department of Culture
Department of Culture
Townie
Department of Culture
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:19 pm

In post 63, Department of Health wrote:or link to make it easier for me to read post #13 obviously because I’m still not sure which post you’re referring to. When I try to locate posts without quotes or links, I sometimes don’t find the correct one.
In post 13, Department of Culture wrote:A valid strategy is to semi-randomly vote someone in as minister here, they then become immune to becoming a puppet and can speak freely and lead the town.

This was what I was suggesting we do, but then it didn't happen, and then I decided to vote for Environment instead, because I liked their posts the most.
Department of Tweets
Department of Tweets
Townie
Department of Tweets
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:47 pm

In post 61, Department of Culture wrote:To be clear, I didn't suggest that we vote for Department of Health, I suggested that they or Environment, both of who hadn't posted yet, would come in and solo elect somebody (not themselves) for the vote
oh
that's true
point is I didn't want to start getting serious so quickly. And also, I was concerned with a maf!you possibly pocketing DoH or Kai. Whether that be in the form of suggesting we elect them (my mistake, didn't reread properly) or delegating to them the decision of who to elect.

Like, if you'd done all this *later*, I wouldn't think so much of it. Whatever.
Department of Agriculture
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Department of Agriculture »

How do we solve this game?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Let's just vote Tweets and win this for the homies?
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm so freaking obvtown and anyone who doesn't see that is a liar or scum. I'll quote the post where you scumread me and put it in my sig forever to show you how bad you are.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:12 pm

(\^_^/)
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:12 pm

In post 65, Department of Education wrote:The scumread on me is forced.
*hugs*
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:15 pm

The game is interesting and I could see it going one way or another. Some players are posting and some aren't, and a few have been townier than others, while others have been scummier. So far I can't say anything with 100% certainty but I have some feelings in a few places. Mostly following my gut for now but if I see anything that catches my eye I'll post. If anyone has any questions for me or wants to know my thoughts on a topic, just ask.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:18 pm

I have a really busy day so I might have to V/LA for a week. If I find time, I'll post after dinner, but most likely don't expect any VCA from me for another month.

But when I do get around to this game, I will be very present.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”