Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.02

Dwlee99 (4):
Wh4t (0), mc esther (2), Sleepless Assassin (2), Three (3)
mc esther (2):
Umlaut (1), Dwlee99 (1)
Andante (1):
Roadkill (4)
Wh4t (1):
joqiza (3)
Not Voting (2):
Andante (0)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Numbers next the names of players indicate their post count for this 24 hour cycle.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-01-17 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 1 is January 25 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-25 22:00:00)
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 43, Roadkill wrote:so in reference to your explanation of your scum play, is there any reason that you aren't going wild in this one?

21 is the only real 'content' post you've made, and it's a little hedge-y.
That it's page 2 (now 3) of a game? What kind of a question is this
I prefer they, thanks :)
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Three »

In a limited post set up, I think everyone should be expected to make their posts count. You've done it before as town when there wasn't a post restriction anyway, so there isn't any reason to believe you couldn't do it now.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I am typically still memeing this early idk what games you're looking at
Wh4t
Wh4t
Goon
Wh4t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Wh4t »

In post 39, joqiza wrote:
In post 36, Umlaut wrote:
In post 34, mc esther wrote:
In post 18, Umlaut wrote:This on the other hand is bad
no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

Everyone, Esther has clarified that her post isn't bad, nothing to see here.
"Bad" is a loose term, anyway. What did you even mean when you called her post bad? Did you mean it was a post a wolf was more likely to make? Did you mean it was anti-town or illogical? Did you simply disagree with what it was saying? Those are all valid interpretations and even though I assume it's the first I can't actually be sure.

You could be calling her post bad and she could be denying it and you might even both agree with each other but you have different definitions.

I've used "bad" as casual shorthand myself so I'm not trying to act superior. I've just given it some thought and maybe instead of calling things "bad" (or, on that subject, using the impossibly vague and somewhat offensive "gross") we could make it a habit to explain what we mean in precise terms.
Bad post. Bad vote.

SA, Three, mcE, roadkill town.

Phone posting so unlikely to do words proper until a bit later in the day assuming noone gets limmed prior to then.

I like these early wagons and have a bit to digest.

UNVOTE:
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 40, joqiza wrote:
In post 35, mc esther wrote:actually he was just third on both wagons, that's not anywhere near as bad.
To put what I said into practice... I'm assuming bad means wolfy here, but why is 4th, 3rd... wolfier than 3rd, 3rd?
my thinking at 4/3 was "he's been late to both the wagons he's on, it's maybe kinda opportunist". i guess the same argument could also be made at 3/3, but 3 wouldnt feel late to me if it were 3/2, yknow?
~
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Three »

In post 53, Dwlee99 wrote:I am typically still memeing this early idk what games you're looking at
I don't really see any memeing either. : /

Do you have any takes, preferably hot?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 56, Three wrote:
In post 53, Dwlee99 wrote:I am typically still memeing this early idk what games you're looking at

Three I'm starting to think you're not thinking when you say things like this

My takes are umlaut town, mc esther scum. I don't have enough experience with her to know if the vote hopping is normal from her but I think it's slightly scum-indicative.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Umlaut »

no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

"Bad" is a loose term, anyway. What did you even mean when you called her post bad? Did you mean it was a post a wolf was more likely to make? Did you mean it was anti-town or illogical? Did you simply disagree with what it was saying? Those are all valid interpretations and even though I assume it's the first I can't actually be sure.

You could be calling her post bad and she could be denying it and you might even both agree with each other but you have different definitions.

I've used "bad" as casual shorthand myself so I'm not trying to act superior. I've just given it some thought and maybe instead of calling things "bad" (or, on that subject, using the impossibly vague and somewhat offensive "gross") we could make it a habit to explain what we mean in precise terms.
This post is bad too. It's obvious in the context of voting her for it that I mean it's scummy, writing three paragraphs about how it's potentially ambiguous is just a way to do busywork.

Esther's was bad because "andante's kinda idk flashed up" is a BS reason not to like it. It would be fine at least as RVS posts go if it were just "andante wagon is already E-1" or even just "I like this wagon more" with no explanation. Actually the - vote jump reads +town for me though, it's a bit more extra credit work than I expect from scum who would probably just say in 35 something like "actually third on both but still" rather than change their vote based on it. Looks like Three and Roadkill saw the same thing as I did from and , which makes me feel pretty good about them too.

Going against the grain on Dwlee here, I don't think they're hard definite town or anything like that but seems like a difficult post for scum to make since it basically says "as town I'm likely to do [the opposite of what I'm doing here]"

That leaves {Wh4t, joqiza, Sleepless Assassin, Andante}. Of these I think I'll

VOTE: joqiza

because rubbed me the wrong way and his other posts (, , ) similarly look like busywork. Also if I squint sort of seems like a misrep because it demands citations of something (town lolhammering
in RVS
specifically) that Andante didn't actually claim ever occurred.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Umlaut »

Thoughts on the others:

Wh4t
is null untill they say more. If they don't say more they'll eventually enter policy yeet territory, but the game is still young.

Sleepless Assassin
is also null. Posts up through are pretty empty. contains some IMO weird reads but not scummy-weird, I just don't agree that town are less likely than scum to E-1 someone early and I don't see how the move to voting MC Esther "confirms" anything about Dwlee's demeanor. seems kind of pointless/fluffy, same for , and... actually maybe I'm leaning scum here now that I read more carefully.

Andante
is in the same "not enough material to say" null category as Wh4t. I'm pretty ambivalent about their popping in just to say "omg I'm at E-1 what the heck"
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:05 am

Post by joqiza »

I'm not surprised at the adverse response. No one likes it when their use of language is critiqued. I would just say this, though. I think that we as humans are generally biased to think our arguments and reasoning are more self-evident than they actually are to other people.

When I read , I also thought it might be "bad." But my bad is different from your bad. My bad was: I doubt the speed of the wagon indicates anything at all. But my "bad" feels different from your "bad" because your bad is more about towny vs. wolfy whereas I see poorly applied resistance reads from town all the time and so I shrugged that off. What makes it more complex is that I did also wonder if was a wolfy post. Not for the reason you said, but rather because "kinda idk" seemed wolfy to me from what I doubt is anything other than random pattern matching.

I know phenomenal players who just quote posts, say "bad" or "wolfy" or variations of that and follow-up only when necessary. They read consistently above rand, have a reputation for doing so, and effect the chops they want. I'm not arguing you can't make that playstyle work and if you want to play closer to that paradigm be my guest. I'm more quietly dreaming. One last thing to note (and this one I know will fall on deaf ears) is that calling people's posts bad is just mean.

I think is a good post. It's encouraging communication and is very noble and I think it had an effect on how you wrote . And if you keep it in mind my job will be accomplished whether you admit it or not.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:13 am

Post by joqiza »

As for , I will also accept games from Andante where town lolhammered outside of RVS.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 am

Post by joqiza »

Meh whatever. I'm thinking about it more and getting after people on language use is pointless. Y'all can talk how you want to talk.

It's just something that has bothered me for a long time. Quote a post and call it bad. Call it weird. Worse, call it "gross" or "disgusting." Quote a post and say "I hate this." Not saying any of those latter things have happened this game, but they've happened in my other games before.

Why is it so hard to call things wolfy? I don't even really like the word scummy. Scummy is still kind of offensive. No one wants to be scummy. Wolfy seems fine. Wolfy is like, I love dogs.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Umlaut, how is explaining my reads on Dwelee and Roadkill fluffy? Also your reads are about opposite mine so... yeah. This game could be awkward.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 am

Post by joqiza »

I really need Andante to come back. My train of thought is unresolved there and I feel like everything will click once I get a read on her.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 am

Post by joqiza »

I'm annoyed. Someone get in here and fight me geriatric style. We can throw wheelchairs and shit
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 51, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 43, Roadkill wrote:so in reference to your explanation of your scum play, is there any reason that you aren't going wild in this one?

21 is the only real 'content' post you've made, and it's a little hedge-y.
That it's page 2 (now 3) of a game? What kind of a question is this
the type of question you ask someone in a game where you know content isn't manifested through 30 pages in 24 hours, and the type of question you ask someone on e-1. the latter is more of the "huh?" thing for me, because... you're just shrugging at it from what i can tell.

you're throwing out reads without a lot of 'oomph' behind them, and not really pressing on the wagon itself, and just letting it linger. which feels a bit just... useless? for the town, in that. people are sitting here with their votes and there's no response to glean from it. like you're playing dead until it becomes nothing or... something.

even posting this feels like i'm just inviting the "what do you want from me" response or there's not enough but... bah.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 54, Wh4t wrote:
no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

Bad post. Bad vote.

Phone posting so unlikely to do words proper until a bit later in the day assuming noone gets limmed prior to then.

UNVOTE:
i want to have more to say about wh4t but the flippant response at the start of this post short-circuits me into a loop of "rebellious scum? aloof town?" over and over.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Roadkill »

i also want to say that i
think
umlaut is a little towny for his process of reading. in that, whenever he presents reads on mc/sleepless it's... well. a process. he starts from one place and ends up at another one, with a different conclusion from the beginning. i think that if he was doing this sort of thing over and over it might look a little more forced, like he was showing off how towny he was thinking about things and reconsidering (which would look silly if done x9 times on day 1), but it looks like he's just reading as he goes and givin' his thoughts.

(granted, i know scum can do that too. buuuuuut, whatever.)

as for the reads themselves, umlaut: why do you think scum would have an issue presenting something they might do and then subvert it ()? the post you linked, , isn't a very intense descriptor of play and even has it stated as some games, as in, sometimes dwlee will not go wild, so it's... it's not really difficult to go against something you only do
sometimes

also, is really a misrep? you're stretching, but also... the context makes sense? we were around rvs, and andante mentioned lolhammering, to me that feels like... the connection made that andante fears being lolhammered in rvs/that point of the game.

(i have some other thoughts on your joqiza read but i think they're best chewed upon until you reply to him/if you do.)

(i should mention though, despite the beginning of this little dive into you i'm mulling over the fact that you've sort of... followed along in reads twice here, or echoed what has been said already. i don't know if you notice this, and if you did you'd be too self-conscious to do that as scum. did you notice that you echoed a similar sentiment about sleepless's confirmation thing in ?

maybe it doesn't mean anything, because there can only be so many opinions in the world, but if nothing else it's... interesting to me.)
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Roadkill »

In post 65, joqiza wrote:I'm annoyed. Someone get in here and fight me geriatric style. We can throw wheelchairs and shit
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Three »

In post 57, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 56, Three wrote:

My takes are umlaut town, mc esther scum. I don't have enough experience with her to know if the vote hopping is normal from her but I think it's slightly scum-indicative.
I am thinking, though I don't really have a normal thought process I guess. Could you explain what you believe I said wrong/thoughtlessly here? I don't see it.

I agree with Umlaut town, Esther scum is more of a hot take though. She's null town for me, I just want to see her engage with the game a bit more. Is everyone else null for you?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Three »

In post 67, Roadkill wrote:
In post 54, Wh4t wrote:
no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

Bad post. Bad vote.

UNVOTE:
i want to have more to say about wh4t but the flippant response at the start of this post short-circuits me into a loop of "rebellious scum? aloof town?" over and over.
Do you think the flippant response + four early unexplained town reads, weighs more toward town or scum? I'm mixed on them; I personally don't see a scum agenda in it, it feels like it's going against the grain a bit since they aren't consensus reads. But the "bad post bad vote" response feels very much like they're trying to get a reaction out of Joqiza. I'm also not sure why they unvoted instead of moving their vote, I'd like an explanation from them about that and their reads.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 60, joqiza wrote:I doubt the speed of the wagon indicates anything at all
faster wagons tend to have maf on them (or at least, that's popular knowledge i absorbed at some point), but on reflection im not sure that necessarily holds true in rvs (again, if it even holds true at all). i'll admit, i couldnt actually look at that wagon and pick out a vote that makes me go "this is the suspicious one".
In post 58, Umlaut wrote:Going against the grain on Dwlee here, I don't think they're hard definite town or anything like that but seems like a difficult post for scum to make since it basically says "as town I'm likely to do [the opposite of what I'm doing here]"
i like this read

i was going to sheep the joqiza vote but actually i dont really agree with any of the points made.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: wh4t
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by mc esther »

i should really start pausing and thinking a little before ending these posts.
In post 70, Three wrote:I just want to see her engage with the game a bit more.
is there any, uh, "thing" (post? iso? event? idk lol) specifically that you'd like me to weigh in on? i'll give it a shot, but there's a good chance that i havent weighed in on it because i dont have thoughts.
~
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 70, Three wrote:
In post 57, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 56, Three wrote:

I am thinking, though I don't really have a normal thought process I guess. Could you explain what you believe I said wrong/thoughtlessly here? I don't see it.

I agree with Umlaut town, Esther scum is more of a hot take though. She's null town for me, I just want to see her engage with the game a bit more. Is everyone else null for you?
I feel like it's kind of an unspoken rule when signing up for this game that you won't just meme around / you'll try to be serious about it. That's kinda the point of this rule set.

Andante is sorta townie.

@Roadkill

I'm not going wild because serious + post restriction + page 3. I think that should be pretty obvious. I don't think the content so far is super enlightening on a cursory glance which is pretty much the response you predicted but yea

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”