Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:54 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.01

Andante (2):
Three (1), Roadkill (2)
Dwlee99 (2):
Wh4t (1), mc esther (2)
mc esther (2):
Umlaut (2), Dwlee99 (2)
Roadkill (1):
Sleepless Assassin (3)
Not Voting (2):
Andante (1), joqiza (4)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Numbers next the names of players indicate their post count for this 24 hour cycle.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-01-16 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 1 is January 25 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-25 22:00:00)
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

It would have strengthened my read if Roadkill was a new player. He clearly isn't so that weakens it. I still don't have a stronger scum read than Roadkill/Dwelee.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:53 am

Post by joqiza »

Are you gonna explain that or are you just gonna act mysterious and make me speculate as to your reasoning. I can only assume you SR Roadkill for the E-1 and as for Dwlee I have no idea why you voted him when you did
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Umlaut »

I've seen town hammer without warning plenty of times, but not in RVS, at least not intentionally (may have happened once or twice in newbie games).

Come to think of it I think it's wildly unlikely that scum would ever put an E-1 vote on someone with the motive "maybe some town player will lolhammer!" It's just not a remotely likely strategy to ever work. Even if you told me Roadkill is scum I still wouldn't believe that was their motive here, and I agree I'd like Andante to clarify how plausible she really finds this idea.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Three »

VOTE: mc esther

Umlaut is very likely town. Roadkill is probably town, I mainly just like that he helped push us out of RVS so quickly.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Three »

I can see lolhammers happening, but I don't think a page 1 lolhammer was going to happen here. Andante slightly +town for her reaction though, I think scum would try to be more calm and controlled in their response to a page 1 E-1. Scum are more likely to think panic will be seen as a scum tell, and instead try to give a townie-sounding response to diffuse the situation.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:58 am

In post 27, joqiza wrote:Are you gonna explain that or are you just gonna act mysterious and make me speculate as to your reasoning. I can only assume you SR Roadkill for the E-1 and as for Dwlee I have no idea why you voted him when you did
In post 27, joqiza wrote:Are you gonna explain that or are you just gonna act mysterious and make me speculate as to your reasoning. I can only assume you SR Roadkill for the E-1 and as for Dwlee I have no idea why you voted him when you did
Roadkill was for the Andante vote, yes. Town are usually too paranoid to do that because it opens up dumb hammer possibilities where scum feels more confident it won't happen and if it does, they expect the hammer to look worse than their vote anyway.

Dwelees entrance "someone has to start the game" shows an awkwardness I noticed from him in a pick your poison game we just played. It's kind of a mix of not really seeming to want to post and justifying why he is doing so anyway. The unvote when the wagon got big and vote on Mc Esther to create a mini wagon kind of confirms this. And actually the more I look at this the more I'm making myself confident in Dwelee over Roadkill so I'm probably switching at the end of this post. I'm gonna finish reading first though.
Three wrote: VOTE: mc esther

Umlaut is very likely town
Why and why?

Unvote, Vote Dwelee

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 22, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 21, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
I've seen lolhammer in RVS, typically from scum though, or in a meme game. I don't think it is scummy to question that line from Andante but I don't think that line is AI from her either.

I like Umlaut for town right now so I'll join this
VOTE: mc Esther
Bus your buddy and vote Roadkill with me.
I don't like to bus in micros though :(
In post 31, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Dwelees entrance "someone has to start the game" shows an awkwardness I noticed from him in a pick your poison game we just played. It's kind of a mix of not really seeming to want to post and justifying why he is doing so anyway. The unvote when the wagon got big and vote on Mc Esther to create a mini wagon kind of confirms this. And actually the more I look at this the more I'm making myself confident in Dwelee over Roadkill so I'm probably switching at the end of this post. I'm gonna finish reading first though.
My post was in reference to the fact that we only get 10 posts per day, but someone has to be the first to use one to get the ball rolling onto something. Your read of my scum play is pretty good as far as not really /wanting/ to post, but your interpretation of my post and its actual meaning are completely divorced
I prefer they, thanks :)
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:55 pm

If that's true, you're a lot more concerned with the post limit than I am. Which isn't impossible. But it seems weird right out of the gate like that.

mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 18, Umlaut wrote:This on the other hand is bad
no it's not

UNVOTE:
VOTE: three

fourth on the andante wagon, third on me
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by mc esther »

actually he was just third on both wagons, that's not anywhere near as bad.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: dwlee

burning through my postcount with trivial errors gogogo
~
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 34, mc esther wrote:
no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

Everyone, Esther has clarified that her post isn't bad, nothing to see here.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:53 am

Post by joqiza »

VOTE: Wh4t
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 33, Sleepless Assassin wrote:If that's true, you're a lot more concerned with the post limit than I am. Which isn't impossible. But it seems weird right out of the gate like that.
Some games I go absolutely wild with posting lol
I prefer they, thanks :)
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:22 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 36, Umlaut wrote:
no it's not
Oh well if you say so.

Everyone, Esther has clarified that her post isn't bad, nothing to see here.
"Bad" is a loose term, anyway. What did you even mean when you called her post bad? Did you mean it was a post a wolf was more likely to make? Did you mean it was anti-town or illogical? Did you simply disagree with what it was saying? Those are all valid interpretations and even though I assume it's the first I can't actually be sure.

You could be calling her post bad and she could be denying it and you might even both agree with each other but you have different definitions.

I've used "bad" as casual shorthand myself so I'm not trying to act superior. I've just given it some thought and maybe instead of calling things "bad" (or, on that subject, using the impossibly vague and somewhat offensive "gross") we could make it a habit to explain what we mean in precise terms.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 35, mc esther wrote:actually he was just third on both wagons, that's not anywhere near as bad.
To put what I said into practice... I'm assuming bad means wolfy here, but why is 4th, 3rd... wolfier than 3rd, 3rd?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Three »

no it's not

UNVOTE:

In post 35, mc esther wrote:actually he was just third on both wagons, that's not anywhere near as bad.

UNVOTE:

This is a weird justification, but the vote hopping kind of pings me as town. Though personally I'd likely scum read whoever's third on a wagon in a micro set up, I feel like the middle of a wagon is the best place for scum to hide.

VOTE: Dwlee

E-1. I don't think their heart's in this game.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Roadkill »

In post 26, Sleepless Assassin wrote:It would have strengthened my read if Roadkill was a new player. He clearly isn't so that weakens it. I still don't have a stronger scum read than Roadkill/Dwelee.
Roadkill was for the Andante vote, yes. Town are usually too paranoid to do that because it opens up dumb hammer possibilities where scum feels more confident it won't happen and if it does, they expect the hammer to look worse than their vote anyway.

Why and why?

Unvote, Vote Dwelee
what about my experience level changes your read on me?

though, you are right, i am not a new player -- and in my experiences through play, people actually judge the e-1 vote a lot more than the hammer (because it can be called an accident, a lolhammer, 'moving on the game', etc, with a lot of room for whimsy versus the
intentional choice
of putting someone on e-1.) and this is a bit of self meta, but i don't think that i would be comfortable calling attention to myself like that in a smaller game, knowing how it'd be judged.

how are you connecting the points between dwlee's entrance/awkwardness and the andante vote?
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Roadkill »

In post 32, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 22, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 21, Dwlee99 wrote:UNVOTE:
I've seen lolhammer in RVS, typically from scum though, or in a meme game. I don't think it is scummy to question that line from Andante but I don't think that line is AI from her either.

I like Umlaut for town right now so I'll join this
VOTE: mc Esther
Bus your buddy and vote Roadkill with me.
I don't like to bus in micros though :(
My post was in reference to the fact that we only get 10 posts per day, but someone has to be the first to use one to get the ball rolling onto something. Your read of my scum play is pretty good as far as not really /wanting/ to post, but your interpretation of my post and its actual meaning are completely divorced
In post 38, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 33, Sleepless Assassin wrote:If that's true, you're a lot more concerned with the post limit than I am. Which isn't impossible. But it seems weird right out of the gate like that.
Some games I go absolutely wild with posting lol
so in reference to your explanation of your scum play, is there any reason that you aren't going wild in this one?

is the only real 'content' post you've made, and it's a little hedge-y.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Three »

Why and why?

Unvote, Vote Dwelee
Esther vote was because the Andante wagon was useless and I wanted a new wagon, plus early competing wagons are a good thing.

Umlaut is an early town read to me because I like , and any serious attempts to push us out of RVS ASAP are +town for me.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Roadkill »

no it's not

UNVOTE:

UNVOTE:

i agree with , that this sort of arbitrary jumping from vote to vote is +town. i think that scum would feel more compelled to provide a serious reason beyond wagon placement.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am

Roadkill, sometimes new players roll scum and just start voting ant town that gets run up without thinking of the consequence. The fact that you're not a brand new player means you weren't doing that. It's still an opportunistic looking vote, but you having experience means you likely are aware how it looks and might be more likely to avoid it ad scum than a new player would be. My reply to joqiza stands, but it isn't nearly as strong as the opportunistic newbie tell would have been.
joqiza wrote: how are you connecting the points between dwlee's entrance/awkwardness and the andante vote?
It's Page 2 of Day 1. I'm not looking for connections.

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Three »

@Roadkill:
Do you think you could put your vote somewhere else for now? Voting Andante is pointless while she's on VLA and has minimal content for us to work with.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Roadkill »

In post 46, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Roadkill, sometimes new players roll scum and just start voting ant town that gets run up without thinking of the consequence. The fact that you're not a brand new player means you weren't doing that. It's still an opportunistic looking vote, but you having experience means you likely are aware how it looks and might be more likely to avoid it ad scum than a new player would be. My reply to joqiza stands, but it isn't nearly as strong as the opportunistic newbie tell would have been.
joqiza wrote: how are you connecting the points between dwlee's entrance/awkwardness and the andante vote?
It's Page 2 of Day 1. I'm not looking for connections.
alright, thanks for explainin'.

and i think you meant to quote me here; i asked about the two being connected because:
here, you said that the unvote from the andante wagon confirms... that dwlee didn't want to post/that they were awkward? i assume that it confirms/reinforces the read, but i wasn't sure.

edit: i feel like me moving my vote right now is more of an empty gesture than anything, if i'm honest; after people post a bit more/later tonight, i'll look to see where i want to place it. but i'm slow to... get into a game, so to speak, get reads that are worth pursuing.

also, i'm unsure if sleepless's vote will count, but i think dwlee is on e-1.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Roadkill wrote: and i think you meant to quote me here
Oh, yep. My mistake.
Roadkill wrote: here, you said that the unvote from the andante wagon confirms... that dwlee didn't want to post/that they were awkward?
Oh, Dwelees Andante vote, not yours. Yes. You're reading it right. I gotta quit playing this game while my kids talk to me lol.

But yes, it felt awkward for him to leave one wagon and push another toward wagon status.
Roadkill wrote: also, i'm unsure if sleepless's vote will count, but i think dwlee is on e-1.
Why wouldn't my vote count?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”