Micro 1054 || Fuzzy Friends Coalition || Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by bloodhail »

i think bossing a newbie game is fairly different than a micro full of grizzled veterans. i'm seeing where he gets to doing a post with fancy postnum links in the newbie game but it feels IIOA-ey, which is different from the way he's solving here

dunno even the way he bugged me about his read on menalque and seemed
despondent
that there was another person coming in calling his top scumread obvtown felt very real to me
and i'm watching all the stars burn out
trying to pretend that i care
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2695, bloodhail wrote:i'm not gonna tell you necessarily what i saw, i want you to draw your own conclusions here, but i'll give you what i was working with and see what you come up with
alr after reading some i think the main thing that stands out to me is that as scum she tends to be more interested in playing the social game, whether that's kind of elbowing her way into a block, or acting up mindmelds/being pocketed, etc. town she's a little more independent-minded

this game i think actually more closely resembles her scumgames on that point, but idk, its present in both town and scum games so its not like a strong tell or anything

im also not feeling super confident in my meta assessments rn tho considering i thought nk was like hard in his scum meta for what seemed like a super obv reason to me but that was wrong ):
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 919, Save The Dragons wrote:i guess my problem is i don't think i'm doing what i'm being accused of in . I don't think i'm "coming in with a "good post"TM whenever i feel like it, i feel like i've tried to take charge and guide town but i'm getting drowned out because people keep putting me as scum and not really explaining why

as scum i do tend to stick to the background and let the town make mistakes but as town i try to have presence. i think my scum game and town game are actually night and day and i think it should be easy to tell. i know, self meta take it with a grain of salt

which makes it hard for me to trust that read because it seems so static and not reassessed based on anything i've posted in response which worries me but maybe if everyone's scum reading i'm doing something wrong but it's hard to believe i'm getting null/scumread by people without scum's influence in the thread specifically gunning to keep me out.
well i found his own self meta saying what i'm saying so lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2700, bloodhail wrote:dunno even the way he bugged me about his read on menalque and seemed despondent that there was another person coming in calling his top scumread obvtown felt very real to me
i think the frustration about people not listening to him felt real as well, and isn't like anything I've seen from when he expresses frustration as scum
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by bloodhail »

In post 2701, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2695, bloodhail wrote:i'm not gonna tell you necessarily what i saw, i want you to draw your own conclusions here, but i'll give you what i was working with and see what you come up with
alr after reading some i think the main thing that stands out to me is that as scum she tends to be more interested in playing the social game, whether that's kind of elbowing her way into a block, or acting up mindmelds/being pocketed, etc. town she's a little more independent-minded

this game i think actually more closely resembles her scumgames on that point, but idk, its present in both town and scum games so its not like a strong tell or anything

im also not feeling super confident in my meta assessments rn tho considering i thought nk was like hard in his scum meta for what seemed like a super obv reason to me but that was wrong ):
mm, okay, point taken

what i was generally seeing is that she gets annoyed at getting suspected incorrectly as town and that doesn't really manifest in the same way as mafia and i felt more of that here

i don't know that it's rock solid, but i have the nagging gut feeling that says it might not be roden
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2702, bloodhail wrote:well i found his own self meta saying what i'm saying so lol
yes that was in response to me saying that was his meta and that I felt he was matching more scum than town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2704, bloodhail wrote:what i was generally seeing is that she gets annoyed at getting suspected incorrectly as town and that doesn't really manifest in the same way as mafia and i felt more of that here
hmm ok i can kinda see that
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by bloodhail »

/shrug

i think it's ari

going to leave and not explain that for several hours
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i have reasons to townread both of you and am not really sure which are more valid if it ends up coming down to that

its just really kinda hard for me to see either of you choosing the paths that you've taken?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Roden »

Fire, who are you pushing tomorrow
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't even know who im pushing today
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

but im guessing you're asking under the assumption that you are flipping today and are town

if thats the case, then if it isn't std, then he prob gets nkd, and then ari votes me, and then bh either ends the game or it's ari and then deciding on that is his problem

if std doesn't die then ill be scrutinizing him carefully to make sure he is town but idk if i would exactly be pushing there

im actually not really sure of a potential scenario where i am going to be the one pushing anyone

maybe bh and ari turn on each other and then i cry in the corner
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2678, bloodhail wrote:
In post 2675, Roden wrote:
In post 2673, bloodhail wrote:nah don't selfvote roden

i'm not convinced it's you

so take your vote off and talk to me about who you think it is
I still think it's Fire, but if I'm wrong we lose. That's just how it is.
why do you think it is fire?
NK15/Fire was the PoE, mainly because I just town read everyone else. NK15 was only there because nobody liked my town read or reasoning and I figured if I was wrong about a slot, it was that one, plus Datisi's elim also felt clearing of Fire at the time.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Aristeia »

how does Datisi's elim clear fire?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2711, fireisredsir wrote:but im guessing you're asking under the assumption that you are flipping today and are town

if thats the case, then if it isn't std, then he prob gets nkd, and then ari votes me, and then bh either ends the game or it's ari and then deciding on that is his problem

if std doesn't die then ill be scrutinizing him carefully to make sure he is town but idk if i would exactly be pushing there

im actually not really sure of a potential scenario where i am going to be the one pushing anyone

maybe bh and ari turn on each other and then i cry in the corner
I've been running scenarios in my head and this is exactly what I've been thinking about as well.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2713, Aristeia wrote:how does Datisi's elim clear fire?
The way Fire played it felt unaligned. They added pressure that wasn't necessary if they were partnered, and it wouldn't indicate associatives between them if Fire just voted out Blood. The mad scramble to flip Datisi at the last couple hours shouldn't have happened if the team was Datisi/Fire.

Then again, we're on Day 4 now and it wasn't NK15. Also wasn't Skitter apparently, which I didn't expect since I did town lock her but I don't understand why she was killed.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2707, bloodhail wrote:/shrug

i think it's ari

going to leave and not explain that for several hours
can talk about this with you if you want to

it is fine if you don't want to as well :)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2715, Roden wrote:
The way Fire played it felt unaligned. They added pressure that wasn't necessary if they were partnered, and it wouldn't indicate associatives between them if Fire just voted out Blood. The mad scramble to flip Datisi at the last couple hours shouldn't have happened if the team was Datisi/Fire.

Then again, we're on Day 4 now and it wasn't NK15. Also wasn't Skitter apparently, which I didn't expect since I did town lock her but I don't understand why she was killed.
I don't understand.

Fire didn't vote Datisi until like the last minute when Datisi was at 3 votes[roden, me, std] and BH/Skitter are likely to vote for Datisi, I don't really see how fire voting for Datisi means anything atp.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think skitter probably was killed to make me look bad because she was like "flip ari at elo"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Aristeia »

she as also not in the POE and p obvtown
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2677, bloodhail wrote:
In post 2674, Roden wrote:For the record, I don't think I played badly this game. I'm proud of myself for correctly reading Datisi and helping to turn Day 1 around, and that my original read on NK15 was correct and that my method for reading him is more solid I expected it to be. My presence in a potential ELo is just a detriment, and I don't want to argue with STD if it comes to it.
please don't throw in the towel by selfvoting

have you not seen my posts - i am not at all convinced it is you

i realize you're worried about getting tunneled by std here but let's pick up the pieces and try to figure things out, yeah?

i understand feeling like you're being tunneled can be irritating and you had to deal with very unusual circumstances this game but i'd like it if you tried your best here, all right?
It's frustrating because STD is just defaulting to scum reading me against all logic once again and it feels like he's learned nothing. His read on Mala doesn't make any sense and his defense of it is even worse. He'd rather fight me than solve me which just makes it an automatic town loss if we go to ELo.

But honestly the worst part about this is that he absolutely knows how far I'll go to save a scum buddy because of the one newbie game we rolled scum together in. He was sinking and I still did everything I could to kill apathy and shade townies to keep him alive. Yet he thinks I'd join a game, see my partner is fucking Datisi, and decide to sink his perfect positioning in the game by bussing him instead of just voting Elephant and drawing aggro from everyone so that he could slip into ELo without drawing attention.

It's just bonkers to think I'd do any of that, especially when Datisi has a much better social game than me and had several people pocketed. As opposed to me who literally replaced into a scum read slot who can't get people to back off unless I self vote and AtE.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Aristeia »

you should vote for who you think is mafia rather than vote for yourself
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Aristeia »

getting mislimed at elo and getting mislimed the day b4 elo is practically the same thing because you're getting mislimed either way
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 2717, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2715, Roden wrote:

I don't understand.

Fire didn't vote Datisi until like the last minute when Datisi was at 3 votes[roden, me, std] and BH/Skitter are likely to vote for Datisi, I don't really see how fire voting for Datisi means anything atp.
Because he put Datisi in hammer range instead of just voting out Blood earlier when he had the chance.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2526, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2522, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2497, Roden wrote:Can anyone explain why they think I bus Datisi instead of just voting out Elephant and setting up Mena as the next mis-elim?
bc once bloodhail comes in with a scumread on datisi, datisi like almost always dies there? based on gamestate and how people were responding to him, even if he dies first datisi prob flips next, and you would want to be on that early

your trajectory was heading towards irrel until bloodhail showed up, and then you followed him onto datisi
your narrative here is like complete bs actually maybe it is just you

the pivotal point in the game was bloodhail showing up with a scumread on datisi

prior to that, it was likely a irrel/mena 1v1 with datisi going after that

after that, it was likely a bloodhail/datisi 1v1 with some chance of mena happening

you are presenting it as you had the option to either bus datisi or vote irrel. that is totally not how things went down, you never had that option. at the time when you voted datisi, irrel was gone. those were never two things you were deciding between
i still have issues here btw

you did not ever make a choice between voting irrel and bussing datisi

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”