Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 680, Faker wrote:My point here with the above two posts isn't that marcistar needs to or should listen to me. From her point of view I'm scum and obviously shouldn't.

She was willing to go toe-to-toe with me when it was tonal blitzing, but when it comes to substantive holes or inconsistencies, she's nervous. What I just pointed out isn't a big deal at all and honestly isn't even that scum indicative. I think her discomfort in the engagements show a lot more.

I gave this time to let it become apparent: The nail in the coffin imo is the complete lack of care about being on the verge of defeat. Town has lost one minigame, and there's neither indignant fire or flailing despair. She's frozen but knows the game isn't over if she gets voted out, and that there exists a safety net of another partner in a scumsided game to pull the win out if she fails.
I find this argument pretty compelling.

Sidenote but I'm curious who would put Marci in the same game as me. I don't think speculating about it would do much but it's interesting. Feels like a risky gamble to make, because my Marci reading skills are no more consistent than a slot machine :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 682, Faker wrote:I'm also kind of curious if Dragons has any questions for myself and marcistar.

Don't get me wrong-I'm happy to see you giving content in SGB.

...But is it really okay for you to leave me to run unchecked in MD?
This post is kind of ???
Can't quite put my finger on it but I find it odd.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 683, RH9 wrote:
In post 681, Faker wrote:
In post 648, RH9 wrote:Honestly, I agree with Dwlee that we should resolve MD next.
It feels somewhat safer because I trust Meuh more to make a good decision.
Tracking through your posts, you think marcistar is the scum in this minigame. 277 seems to be your best statement of it: It's all related to earlygame with Dwlee99 and her initial votelock on SGB.

Has your read on this game evolved as we've continued to play? You also haven't ventured a read on me at all, which I find pretty surprising.
Yeah. My read has evolved. I've been starting to reconsider my read on Dwlee. In a vacuum, they actually seem all right though a bit non-committal as seen in .
However, this conflicts with my read on STD, who reads as wrongly tunnelled Town as in his latest stream of posts.
Especially, the amount of insight that he has put in. If I had to bet for scum out of my minigame, I would be forced to say Dwlee despite improvements in my read of them.
What's non-committal about it? Them saying Pooky could also be the cat? That felt more jokey than anything. I'd like an expansion of the thought here.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 691, RH9 wrote:Meuh, who do you want eliminated the most from SGB?
Same goes for Faker and marci.
I want to see your reads because it could potentially impact my decision if we are to resolve SGB after MD.
I'd lean Dragons, though that's more from comparison to you and Dwlee. I've liked seeing your thought processes and I don't recall seeing Dwlee and Pooky as S/S. I'm not feeling too strongly about it at the moment, though.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 694, marcistar wrote:
In post 678, Faker wrote:It happened because I reined in the wild horses and prevented Lukewarm from rapidvoting Penguin who hadn't posted, only to have him rapid-vote Pooky instead.
oh so u pushed towards the scum wincon!!! lovely :roll:
...This doesn't feel like town Marci. This reads more like scum!Marci trying to fake a read than anything else. Though I do think that because of her and Faker knowing the other's alignment, she'd read less natural?
But also I feel like Marci would've made her thought process regarding her approach to Faker more transparent as town. So I dunno.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 705, Save The Dragons wrote:i also worry that marcistar is LHF and it's faker but i don't have anything concrete on that yet. let me see if i can come up with something, it was just a vibe about a post faker made
In post 706, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 680, Faker wrote:My point here with the above two posts isn't that marcistar needs to or should listen to me. From her point of view I'm scum and obviously shouldn't.

She was willing to go toe-to-toe with me when it was tonal blitzing, but when it comes to substantive holes or inconsistencies, she's nervous. What I just pointed out isn't a big deal at all and honestly isn't even that scum indicative. I think her discomfort in the engagements show a lot more.

I gave this time to let it become apparent: The nail in the coffin imo is the complete lack of care about being on the verge of defeat. Town has lost one minigame, and there's neither indignant fire or flailing despair. She's frozen but knows the game isn't over if she gets voted out, and that there exists a safety net of another partner in a scumsided game to pull the win out if she fails.
i think it was this one, it looks a bit performative

i'll try to see if i can come up with some questions for marcistar and faker soon
In post 707, Save The Dragons wrote:if faker is scum her engagement of pooky had to have been theatre as well. which is a hard pill to swallow. so maybe it is marci.
Hmm this string of posts from Dragons is good, though. Feels pretty genuine and like it has real progression. Maybe it's someone else.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 708, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 707, Save The Dragons wrote:if faker is scum her engagement of pooky had to have been theatre as well. which is a hard pill to swallow. so maybe it is marci.
This is incongruent with you casting my interactions with Pooky as theater
Ehhhh don't know about this one. Dwlee's vibes here are not vibey.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 510, Faker wrote:I'm not responding to anything Pooky types. If someone else wants a response to a specific point, you can ask me directly.
like this could be theatre it could be planned. i dunno there's something about faker's posts that seems off.

but like i dunno if it's because i'm more aware of what faker might do as scum and am reading into that correctly

or that i don't want to get fooled by faker again so i'm subconciously scum reading them

i don't think i'm going to be much help in your minigame tbh because i'm pretty conflicted between the two and have reasons for both
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Meuh »

Like Dwlee's posting on like page 29 is just asking questions that simultaneously throw a bit of shade at people. Can't say I particularly feel good about that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 am

what do you think of dwlee pooky interactions, meuh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 717, RH9 wrote:
In post 700, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 485, RH9 wrote:By the way, what does everybody think of a Pooky-marci-Dwlee team?
I'm leaning there right now.
Why was Pooky in here?
From my PoE.
I TRed Luke and Penguin, leaving behind him.
Posts like these I feel slightly iffy about but I think it's more a posting style thing than an actual scummy thing. Hard to put into words but it feels a bit unnatural.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 759, Save The Dragons wrote:what do you think of dwlee pooky interactions, meuh
Tbh I kinda liked them, I specifically remember the pocket thing looking good. But like Dwlee engaging with theater with their partner early on in the game? Would not be the first time I've seen it happen.
I have one game specifically in mind. Marci was also in this game so @Marci, what do you think about the DkKoba/Dwlee interactions in this game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89094 comparatively to the way Dwlee has interacted with Pooky this game? Especially since you seem to think Dwlee is scum.
I don't the interactions are exactly the same but to me it feels like it could be a repeat of them putting a lot of effort into having convincing, good interactions with their partner.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 719, marcistar wrote:
In post 698, Dwlee99 wrote:If I was scum why would I swap you out of my game?
:roll: :roll: :roll: cuz ill keep tunneling on u obv
In post 701, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 697, marcistar wrote:i still think rh9 is thinking of things backwards,

clearly faker is just egging them on.
This doesn't even sound like you believe the second sentence
how??? ur just making shit up at this point tbhs

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: this game is so boring with faker being so obviously scum
Marci do you think you'd be better at swaying the third person in your minigame than Dwlee would be?

and do you actually think Faker is obv scum, or is she only obv scum to you?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 723, RH9 wrote:
In post 722, Dwlee99 wrote:@RH9 so you scumread Pooky because Luke said so?
Yeah.
You got me.
It was mainly because of that.
Kind of like this and the general thought process on the Penguin read RH9 had on this page.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Faker »

My quick comment to Dragons is that you've seen how precise and sharp my tone is when I want to bruteforce a townread.

The "off" that you're citing is being openly mechanistic and barely trying to muster up any extra sincerity. It might not be +town of me to be this way, but you've seen that I have no problem at all keeping my tone such that 90% of the table instinctively townreads it for weeks on end.

This read is not at all clear to me and I am again concerned that you have no idea what notes to hit with me. There has been very little worry over the disproportionate influence I have had on the game, and that was the downfall of the town in D&C.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:53 am

i think a lot of what happened in the ELO of the D and C game had to do with our third not being as present as i would have hoped, not necessarily me reading you incorrectly, since i was definitely paranoid it could be you
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 739, RH9 wrote:
In post 730, Faker wrote: The current plan is also to flip MD first, so even if I'm trying to steer RH9 away from scumreading my partner in SGB, it all goes out the window when my alignment gets confirmed before any SGB votes happen. There's literally zero point in buddying anyone in that minigame, the only person I have to convince is Meuh.
That's so true.
Any attempt you and marci try to make to sway anybody in SGB, the more interactions we have to use after you flip.
This makes any swaying attempts awkward especially since it could backfire.
I'd agree with this if we weren't already a game down. Scum are much more likely to delve into potentially associative - but credible - play to secure a win somewhere since that's all they need. There might not be an "after you flip", which is scary but something to consider.

Though I guess with the idea of us flipping MD first that makes sense. So mostly nvm
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:57 am

Post by Faker »

I am absolutely flummoxed by that characterization but it is not wholly unexpected.

I'll get out of your way though.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 741, marcistar wrote:ever since sillyposting ended, shes been focusing mainly on interacting with you
(RH9)
, and making sure you feel like your thoughts are heard, while shooting down anything that might be a valid thoughtprocess. thats pretty buddying behavior IMO. I can get examples if you still dont believe me but theres alot of them :shrug:
Do you think that may also just be since those 2 had the biggest thread presence? Cause I've seen them interact plenty yes, but also they were the only ones posting so...
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 741, marcistar wrote:
In post 730, Faker wrote:There's also just very little point to buddying a town RH9 all the way over in SGB. If my gameplan is to buddy and exploit RH9, I just keep RH9 in MD and clear him. Instead I rolled the dice that Meuh doesn't spiritually connect with her friend for some tonal/meta reason that I will have no clue how to dislodge.

The current plan is also to flip MD first, so even if I'm trying to steer RH9 away from scumreading my partner in SGB, it all goes out the window when my alignment gets confirmed before any SGB votes happen. There's literally zero point in buddying anyone in that minigame, the only person I have to convince is Meuh.
Really? I feel like its a valid strategy for you to be setting up a buddying system thingy with rh9 incase you lose this minigame. It'll make him look worse after your flip, and help your partner in stop getting banned win that minigame.
Why exactly would it make RH9 look worse? If she's the one pocketing RH9 wouldn't it be the opposite?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:02 am

Post by Faker »

A very hard part of this for me is being sure on Dwlee99; it is unfortunately easy as scum for them to be right on MD today. The biggest +town is the doublelock but as noted before, it's not as set in stone clearing as I would prefer.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:07 am

i don't know why you're flummoxed, i think my frustration with the third party was vehemently clear
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 743, Dwlee99 wrote:Marci is pretty obviously scum imo. It's not beyond Pooky to egg on town trying to kill his partner, he literally got his partner vigged before, and Marci's play is full of inconsistent reasonings with weirdly placed AtE
Do you really believe this Dwlee? Is that a conclusion you've come to naturally?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 744, Save The Dragons wrote:my mind is saying one thing but my gut is saying another
Make them fight, winner gets to choose. :cool:
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:09 am

i dunno maybe it's just marci maybe faker is right about why i'm being pinged by them

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”