Micro 1058: Is This Thing Loaded? -- Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't think analyzing Galron kill is likely to help much. With a short D1 there's not a ton of insight we can glean from Galrons reads, but even in longer D1 games I don't really think NKA is useful until you have a pattern of several kills to look at. Scum could have killed him for any number of reasons (thought he wasnt miselimmable, thought he had townreads on other players that blocked a path to victory, thought he was definitively not a bomb, thought other players were more likely to be vigged, thought he might be most likely to catch them, etc) and those reasons may vary based on who it is. I think any guesses as to why he was killed would just be guesses and not useful information
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 249, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 234, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: alex is bad enough to make me reconsider.
This is not a useful response, what specifically do you dislike about my post
You're jumping to a lot of conclusions and seem biased against reasons to trust me and vote Alex. For example you're greatly overvaluing Dunn's meta case which doesn't use a sufficiently large sample size to support its conclusion. You also made a couple concrete errors in your assessments of this game. For example you said I implied all Alex has done is fence sit and I think you'll have trouble quoting where I actually implied that.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Frogsterking »

UNVOTE: GuiltyLion
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Guilty Lion
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hiiii
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Pavowski »

ceejayvinoya replaces Ph0enix.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 251, Frogsterking wrote:You're jumping to a lot of conclusions and seem biased against reasons to trust me and vote Alex. For example you're greatly overvaluing Dunn's meta case which doesn't use a sufficiently large sample size to support its conclusion. You also made a couple concrete errors in your assessments of this game. For example you said I implied all Alex has done is fence sit and I think you'll have trouble quoting where I actually implied that.
a) what are the reasons to trust you? I reread the game and really didn't find any

b) I agree from like a Logical Completeness perspective, Dunn's meta case doesn't have enough of a sample size, that's why I didn't initially immediately sheep it. However from what was presented, it does look like in your most recent town games you had a more broad focus on the entire playerlist whereas in two recent scumgames you were more tunnel-focused in nature. As someone who was in KTANE, this also matches up with my experience where you were giving several scumreads and readlist on almost the entire PL super early into the game, something you didn't do here. Can you provide any examples of town games where you tunneled a player immediately / didn't focus on a broad perspective? Or scum games where you presented a wide variety of reads? That would refute the case a lot better than simply saying the sample size is too small

c) first off, this feels like a semantic nitpick moreso than something you really think is alignment indicative, but my retort would be that you actually
did
imply that. The thing about implying things is that the implication isn't in the form of you saying "All Alexcellent has done is be cagey" - that would not be an implication, that would be explicit - but rather the implication occurs when you
don't
give any mention to times where he wasn't cagey or non-committal.

here's what you said:
In post 220, Frogsterking wrote:I switched onto Alex instead of GL because
I read Alex's D1 iso and realized it's much worse than I expected.
In post 226, Frogsterking wrote:These posts caught my attention by showing Alex fence-sitting and being noncommittal and cagey. Like wtf is he even stating in any of these posts. These posts are a superficial illusion of sharing thoughts.
here's what I said:
In post 232, GuiltyLion wrote:I can definitely talk myself into scumreading him because there are certainly moments of waffle/fence-sitting as Frogster also pointed out, but within the overall context of the ISO and the game I think
it's slightly uncharitable to imply that's all he's done
, he was pretty forward with his Bambi vote/reasoning and his D2 evaluation of me as well as 208 don't feel like fence sitting either.
I didn't say "Frogster said that all Alex has done has fence sit", what I said was "it's uncharitable to imply that's all he's done", which is IMO a fair assessment of the two posts I quoted. You said Alexcellent's ISO was "much worse than expected" and then highlighted fence-sitting, noncommittal posts. In doing so, you omit posts where Alexcellent was
not
fence-sitting, and you also didn't comment on anything in his ISO that could be evidence for town!Alexcellent.

Hence I described your treatment as "uncharitable" because in my mind you did imply that there weren't any reasons to townread him, by not bringing them up at all. Especially since in you're talking about the overall ISO being "much worse" than expected. You didn't present it as "there were a few things I don't like" or something similar, you spoke of the ISO in entirety.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:a) what are the reasons to trust you? I reread the game and really didn't find any
Because I'm statistically more likely to be telling you the truth.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 257, Frogsterking wrote:Because I'm statistically more likely to be telling you the truth.
that argument applies to literally every player in the game, yet somebody has to be scum. Like yes this is true a priori you're probably town in a vacuum, but then when I look for evidence of you being town vs evidence for each other player being town, and find comparatively less for you than for other players, that's meaningful.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:, it does look like in your most recent town games you had a more broad focus on the entire playerlist
The problem is that this observation isn't AI. You're jumping to the conclusion that it must be AI even though you're clearly aware of the dangers of drawing conclusions based off a small sample size.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Alex

Whatever. I can recognize a confbiased Townie when I see one.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Let me know if you feel like listening at some point.
kutiplz
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
kutiplz
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by kutiplz »

Uhhhh what am I supposed to do
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 262, kutiplz wrote:Uhhhh what am I supposed to do
Alex is my best scum read so far by a mile. I also am optimistic because I think there is a lot of AI information being posted. If you can find it in your heart to trust me then I believe my vote is good enough to sheep.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I'm finally more or less caught up, damn those walls. I wish sara posted more and I don't get the Galron kill either.

I may have skipped some of the longer posts but I got the gist.

VOTE: Frogster

I think GL is town and I tr Alex more than Frog.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Arghh on second thoughts some of his posts ping me as towny.

UNVOTE:

Let me sleep on this. At the very least I think scum is in Frog/Alex.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:47 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I'm going to be busy-ish over the weekend so may not be around heaps. I'll try and check in and phone post though when possible. In case I'm dead before then though, here's where my head is at with the game:

Kuti is confirmed town, everyone's had more than enough time to CC there and they haven't.

GL is highly likely to be town. There's way too much pro-town content coming from him today, if he's scum then he is very good at it. There are just posts and takes coming from him that are difficult seeing scum make. He was the first to point out that Kuti is mechanically confirmed, he's also willing to give them power over the hammer. Like, these are not things scum are usually comfortable with doing.

Ceejay/Phoenix slot is probably town but is a wildcard. D1 content from Phoenix suggests that he is probably town. There are minor things about his ISO that raise an eyebrow here and there, and there probably is a world where Phoenix and Sara are the scum team. Like I could see maaaybe Phoenix didn't want to kill GL because GL started to go back on his scum read of Phoenix by end of D1, yet Galron was still voting him so maybe he'd be pro-Galron kill. But that's just speculation and it's really hard to say he's scum when he's not the scummiest player here.

Simplest answer is Frogster is probably just scum. His D1 was bad, IMO. Dunn had a fair case against him that he's only just now been addressing, his votes are pretty all over the place and opportunistic. His initial vote on Dunn was weak, his sheep on Phoenix was what it was. I feel like his argument here with GL followed bad logic - the whole expecting him to trust him over statistics is weak, although bad logic isn't inherently scummy, but is off to me because it seemed like GL
was
listening and trying to have a discussion. But it reads like Frog wasn't getting the result he wanted from that interaction so he exited the conversation and moved back to me. Frog's votes also tend to move at interesting times. When GL implied he's open to a Frog elim rather than me, Frog moved to GL, no one joined him on the GL wagon and GL wasn't really budging when they talked, and it looks like he's moved back to me now that there's a fresh face (ceejay) in the game. Everything about Frog's voting pattern smells opportunistic to me.

I obviously
can't
say with 100% certainty that Frog is scum because I straight up don't know, but based on play, he is the scummiest one here and most likely to flip red. If it isn't Frog then I guess Ceejay. If it's GL I'll be incredibly impressed but also very strongly doubt that's the case.

I think it's going to come down to me or Frog, obvs, and I'm highly unlikely to move my vote at this point. If you do elim me, probably just shoot Frog at night time
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

More parallel communicating from Alex
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 265, ceejayvinoya wrote:Arghh on second thoughts some of his posts ping me as towny.

UNVOTE:

hey ceejay, good to see ya again :D

which posts ping you as townie?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Parallel communication (information in clumps rather than serialized) and communicating like giving a monologue (instead of having a back and forth) are exactly what I'm accusing Alex of doing D2 by the way.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

That's ironic given you have not made any attempt to communicate with me at all - your entire D2 strat has been to tell everyone that I'm scum whilst handballing your vote between me and GL
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 268, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 265, ceejayvinoya wrote:Arghh on second thoughts some of his posts ping me as towny.

UNVOTE:

hey ceejay, good to see ya again :D

which posts ping you as townie?
Hey GuiltyLion :P

It's not really correct that I called it towny, it's more that his thoughts aligned with mine on . I really dislike it when Alex posts in a way that is long but has little content and as Frogster mentioned there is hardly any commitment in it at all. It's so loose and he could just go either side depending on how the game plays out.

On the other hand, Frogster is playing how I would usually play scum: Very passive early on, try to get a handle of the game and then try to get away with it Day 2 onwards. It also annoyed me how he only started casing alex after singling him out via process of elimination on and .
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 271, ceejayvinoya wrote:It also annoyed me how he only started casing alex after singling him out via process of elimination on 203 and 204.
I don't see how this could possibly annoy you. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 272, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 271, ceejayvinoya wrote:It also annoyed me how he only started casing alex after singling him out via process of elimination on 203 and 204.
I don't see how this could possibly annoy you. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote.
And on the same note (the rest of ), it looks like your reasons for scum reading Alex are based directly on his play, whereas your reasons for scum reading me have more to do with you than they do with my play.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Arghh this would have been so much easier if you were like this day 1.

I guess I just have to make do.

VOTE: Alex

I guess I shouldn't be too worried about this since kuti could just shoot the other if needed.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”