Micro 21: Bird 7P GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 am

Post by saulres »

Nice OMGUS, Zach :P

FuDuzn, are you saying your vote of Empking wasn't an RVS one?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:26 am

Post by FuDuzn »

It was not an RVS vote.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

In post 21, FuDuzn wrote:
Actually scooby hasn't posted since the official begining of the day, and do you think scooby is actually scummy?

(back from family birthday - just cooking dinner!) Not sure this question (above) was meant for me but thought I'd answer it either way. Obviously there's not much to go on so far but yes Scooby does look a bit scummy to me. He/she(?) posted five times in an hour and was all over FuDuzn, seemingly at random. Since then they've gone very, very quiet.

That's either just odd or scummy. For now I'm happy to plump for the latter and see what, if anything, Scooby has to say in his/her defence.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:11 am

Post by FuDuzn »

You probably missed it since it was at the end of the previous page, carbon. But I was directing that question at Empking, I misread what he said about scooby and didn't see he was talking about you.

But I asked about if empking(and I guess everybody) if they did think scooby was scummy for her(?) pre game actions. Basically since I already described why I don't think it was scum motivated.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:44 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Votecount 1.2

Empking
zabriel
FuDuzn
Zachrulez -1- Saulres
scooby -2- zabriel, Carbondioxide

Saulres -1- Zachrulez
Carbondioxide -1- Empking

Not Voting -2- scooby, FuDuzn

Deadline is Expired.
Last edited by Cobblerfone on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by scooby »

Ok, so I checked the last 4 gamers fudzn played and okay, it seems the guy thinks confirmation stage means no aditional posting.

In post 18, zabriel wrote:The day hadn't even begun. I only posted earlier because I wasn't sure when I'd have my laptop back. It's now incidentally.

Okay, so I normally go straight for FuDuzn, but I can already tell Scooby is going to be trouble.

VOTE: Scooby

Mmmmm, why do you already tell I am going to be trouble? Is it because I play an agressive style?

In post 19, Carbondioxide wrote:Ok, bonus online time for me too (family commitments momentarily postponed) seems we have a net access theme developing!

Scooby seems mighty keen to start finger pointing and/or cast suspicion but hasn't yet voted himself. To me that whiffs a bit of fishiness.

Vote: scooby

Well, game hadn't already started so I don't get how not voting for someone is suspicious to you.

Finally, Empking: why the heck am I scummy?

Vote: Empking
I really dislike the way Empking is pushing the scooby is suspicious with zero reasoning while at the same time voting for another player that suspects me.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Post by zabriel »

Because you were being insane in the Pregame, and you targetted Fu for being late to the thread when he arrived before you. There's aggressive, and then there's psychotic.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 30, scooby wrote:I really dislike the way Empking is pushing the scooby is suspicious with zero reasoning while at the same time voting for another player that suspects me.

I['jm not pushing it, I mentio0ned it. You're scummy because you were producing a lot of noise and very little, if any, signal. I think that's a scumk ploy to get read as town for being active.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:13 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

In post 30, scooby wrote:
Well, game hadn't already started so I don't get how not voting for someone is suspicious to you.

As has been said, there's playing aggressively and then there's just downright weird. You leapt on FuDuzn, seemingly at random (he was 4th to confirm, after me (and others) but you got the angle-poise out and started an inquisition on him).

At first, it was a newbie oversight of mine that you hadn't voted as the day/game hadn't actually started... but in hindsight that's still odd. You seem to post a lot (as your spate of posting five times in a hour shows) but then, once you'd done some serious finger pointing, you fell silent.

It's gut instinct on my part but I think you were trying to give people an easy target to wagon early on (FuDuzn) — when everyone's random voting or looking for someone to vote for at the merest whiff of suspicion — but then didn't vote yourself, lest it be tracked back to you if/when FuDuzn turned out to be town ("flipped town"? I'm not up on my MS lingo yet).
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:36 am

Post by saulres »

In post 33, Carbondioxide wrote:You seem to post a lot (as your spate of posting five times in a hour shows) but then, once you'd done some serious finger pointing, you fell silent.

Maybe you're not aware of this, but people have lives. I, for example, can often be online and posting here a lot in a short period, and sometimes (like this holiday weekend) only pop in from time to time. You'd accuse me of being scum for that too?

In post 33, Carbondioxide wrote:It's gut instinct on my part but I think you were trying to give people an easy target to wagon early on

This is exactly what I thought when I saw your reasoning for putting the second vote on Scooby, and it's getting stronger the more you keep making lame arguments.

It's early in the day, Scooby may be scum, but I think you're much more likely to be.

VOTE: Carbondioxide
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 am

Post by scooby »

In post 31, zabriel wrote:Because you were being insane in the Pregame, and you targetted Fu for being late to the thread when he arrived before you. There's aggressive, and then there's psychotic.

That was not the reason. My reason was that he had confirmed by PM but then he didn't post in thread until hours later. Since we had link acces to the game in our PMs I would expect people posting something after confirming.
Do you think thats psychotic?
If so, how does that make me scum and not simply an inquisitive player?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:32 am

Post by scooby »

In post 32, Empking wrote:
In post 30, scooby wrote:I really dislike the way Empking is pushing the scooby is suspicious with zero reasoning while at the same time voting for another player that suspects me.

I['jm not pushing it, I mentio0ned it. You're scummy because you were producing a lot of noise and very little, if any, signal. I think that's a scumk ploy to get read as town for being active.

Ok, next time I would just lurk and then post strategically to then get read as scum not playing the game /sarcasm

Seriously, Emp, it was page fucking 1, what valid signal did you expect?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 am

Post by scooby »

In post 33, Carbondioxide wrote:
In post 30, scooby wrote:

As has been said, there's playing aggressively and then there's just downright weird. You leapt on FuDuzn, seemingly at random (he was 4th to confirm, after me (and others) but you got the angle-poise out and started an inquisition on him).

At first, it was a newbie oversight of mine that you hadn't voted as the day/game hadn't actually started... but in hindsight that's still odd. You seem to post a lot (as your spate of posting five times in a hour shows) but then, once you'd done some serious finger pointing, you fell silent.

It's gut instinct on my part but I think you were trying to give people an easy target to wagon early on (FuDuzn) — when everyone's random voting or looking for someone to vote for at the merest whiff of suspicion — but then didn't vote yourself, lest it be tracked back to you if/when FuDuzn turned out to be town ("flipped town"? I'm not up on my MS lingo yet).

Please answer same questions I asked to zabriel,.

Are you seriously attacking me for not posting at a constant rate?

The "I didnt vote" thing was issued earlier. Pay attention.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Empking »

In post 36, scooby wrote:Seriously, Emp, it was page fucking 1, what valid signal did you expect?

None but that's entirely different from purposely (as I assume you're admitting) making a bunch of noise. Even when it doesn't mask signal noise is still loud and intimidating.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:00 am

Post by zabriel »

Plenty of people didn't post at all in the pregame, and you started in on him in your second post, before he told you what time he confirmed. What time did YOU confirm via PM?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 am

Post by scooby »

I confirmed by PM, clicked on the link, posted /confirm and then realized that FuDuzn posted ten minutes before my post, at 4:24 PM. At that time, the only person last to confirm was me.

When I asked at what time he had confirmed, he said that he had confirmed at 2:30ish. So I was interested in what FuDuzn was doing in those two hours previous to the start of the game.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

Post by scooby »

I seriously cant believe I am being attacked for being:

a) being too aggresive. (EMpking)

b) not posting at a 1 post per hour rate. (catbon)

c) people that DO NOT understand a page 1 case. (zabriel)

Who is the SCUM here?
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

In post 34, saulres wrote:
Maybe you're not aware of this, but people have lives. I, for example, can often be online and posting here a lot in a short period, and sometimes (like this holiday weekend) only pop in from time to time. You'd accuse me of being scum for that too?

I get that... rumour has it I even have a life myself (in between MS games; online soccer management; reading about sports online etc... or
is
that a life?). I just think it's odd that Scooby posted a
lot
early on, then not at all for a long time.

In post 34, saulres wrote:This is exactly what I thought when I saw your reasoning for putting the second vote on Scooby, and it's getting stronger the more you keep making lame arguments.

It's early in the day, Scooby may be scum, but I think you're much more likely to be.

VOTE: Carbondioxide

Well this
IS
a pickle, ain't it? Now if I unvote I look fishy for buckling; if I vote for you it's "retaliatory" and therefore fishy; if I stick with my vote you've already says that makes me look fishy. Obviously I'm town, if you are too then the mafia must be laughing themselves all the way to the bank.

Zachrulez has barely posted (which means I have no read on him) so if he's mafia he'll have aching sides by now! :D

In post 35, saulres wrote:Since we had link acces to the game in our PMs I would expect people posting something after confirming.
Do you think thats psychotic?
If so, how does that make me scum and not simply an inquisitive player?

As explanations go, that's not too shabby. I still think you were several shades beyond "inquisitive" for, as you put it "Page fucking 1". You also said

In post 35, saulres wrote:Back to you in 2 secs, let me check your post history.

Shortly before you went quiet. That was a long "2 secs". Sure, I get saulres's argument about people having lives (outrageous) but still looks odd.

In post 37, saulres wrote:Are you seriously attacking me for not posting at a constant rate?

Nope. Just for acting out of character, a little overly aggressive and odd and making promises/threats which you then don't keep.

In post 37, saulres wrote:The "I didnt vote" thing was issued earlier. Pay attention.

My attention level's good but you're not doing wonders for your overly aggressive reputation.

I'm sticking with my vote where it is for now for all the reasons outlined above and previously — as well as the fact I'm struggling for reads on mostly everyone else so far!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

Post by saulres »

In post 42, Carbondioxide wrote:Obviously I'm town

Just saying it's obvious doesn't make it so. Why do you think it's obvious?
On permanent
V/LA
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:24 am

Post by FuDuzn »

People seem to be missing the bigger picture here, and I keep saying it, but I do not believe that scooby would stick his neck out like that if he was scum. All he really did was apply pressure to me, and pressuring people early in the game to get reads is basically what you are supposed to be. And now because he did it in an atypical sort of way he has made himself the easy target, and in a way a lightning rod. And I believe it has attracted scum to it, specifically in the name of carbondioxide. I do not like the way he has picked apart scooby to try to find something that makes him look bad and using non-tells(like not posting for periods of time) as some sort of scum tell. He even says he can't get reads on anybody, yet seems pretty confident voting for scooby.
VOTE: Carbon

I do believe that is L-1.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:42 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Votecount 1.3

Empking -1- scooby
zabriel
FuDuzn
Zachrulez
scooby -2- zabriel, Carbondioxide
Saulres -1- Zachrulez
Carbondioxide -3- Empking, Saulres, FuDuzn

Not Voting -0-

Deadline is (expired on 2012-09-14 21:30:00) away.
Last edited by Cobblerfone on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by zabriel »

Possibility. I still think he was making a mountain out of a molehill in the pregame. I didn't like it, but you make a good point Fu.

Only thing that's making me wonder about Carbon is that he's pretty new to MS and in an MD post he mentions that it's been two years since he's played a game. Possibility of newbie derping? Then again, newbie derping doesn't mean town.

UNVOTE:

FoS: Carbon.
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by Carbondioxide »

In post 43, saulres wrote:
Just saying it's obvious doesn't make it so. Why do you think it's obvious?

I meant less that it was obvious, more that I would obviously say I'm town. A Townie would, a Wolf would... pretty much everyone would. I meant it as a throwaway line as, like you rightly point out, saying "I'm obviously Town" is pretty valueless!

Ok... *deep breath* FuDuzn does raise a valid point about Scooby. Maybe he was just throwing things out there to start the "lets at least get
some
reads..." which, as Fu said could be a pretty crazy/bold thing to do if you're Scum.

As for this
In post 44, saulres wrote:He even says he can't get reads on anybody, yet seems pretty confident voting for scooby.

What I meant was Scooby was pretty much my only read of any kind Town or Wolf — which is why I was happy to place my vote on him.

I guess changing my vote under pressure is fishy in itself but what the heck:

Vote: ZachRulez
— if nothing else then because I want to hear more from them. They've been pretty quiet whilst we've all been down here pitching mud at one another.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:52 am

Post by saulres »

It's a holiday weekend in the US:

In post 22, Zachrulez wrote:Labor day weekend. We're probably going to be looking for stuff to do, so don't expect me to be around much until Tuesday.

Carbon, do you have links to games you're played before? You seem to be focused on how frequently people are posting, and how they're posting, much more than the contents of their posts. That feels like scum trying to find a reason to place votes, but I suppose it
could
be due to how they played where you've played before, so I'd like to take a look.

I'd ask that no one hammer before that information is provided for analysis.
On permanent
V/LA
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

'fraid I don't saulres. I played on Hattrick.org before... and even then in a specific Alliance (paying members only group) for were/mafia games.

Admittedly I usually played on 24-hour day/night cycles, so I'm much (much) more used to a rapid turn around and being able to be construed things from posting timings/patterns.

I'm going to have to offer a big mea cupla for forgetting ZachRulez's post about Labor Day weekend... but I stick by my contention about Scooby going on a posting frenzy and then going (very quiet) seeming a little odd... but then perhaps I have to learn to pace myself (and that others do too!) on MS.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”