Micro 21: Bird 7P GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Empking »

Saul; Pro or anti?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 am

Post by saulres »

Anti.

I really want to hear from others.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by scooby »

So saulres became obvtown. (scum obviously know this is lylo, so they wouldnt have voted like saulres did)

I guess we should probably massclaim, its lylo, etc.

Also, this fore EVERYONE IN NEXT POST: who are the people you suspect?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Yeah, massclaim should happen.

Which is all I'll say until we either do so, or establish that we're not mass claiming.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:32 am

Post by saulres »

scooby, why do you keep asking people for their reads without giving any of your own?

Zach: Please explain why you quickhammered on page 3 instead of prolonging discussion and scumhunting.

Finally: "Mass" claim seems a bit of a misnomer, given that there's only one claim to be made :P But, could someone explain to me why it's ideal at this point? The way I see it, what it would do is reduce the potential scumpool to 4 from 5, at the cost of, if we get to tonight, telling scum who to kill (and putting us at LyLo again tomorrow).

Conversely, if we make it to tonight with scum having only a 1-in-3 chance of hitting the
doc
guardian, and potentially giving us a 3 on 1 tomorrow (if the
doc
guardian protects the scumkill), that gives us two chances to hit the final scum instead of just one. With the shortness of this game I think that would be a huge advantage if the doc (screw the werewolf terminology) can pull it off.

That's why I'm anti-mass-claim, unless the PR feels he's getting close to being mislynched today.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

That's just the thing Saul, the benefits you are laying out only apply if a scum lynch happens today, something that is less likely without a mass claim. The benefits that we would potentially have tomorrow from a doctor reaching that point don't mean much if we don't even get there.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 79, saulres wrote:Zach: Please explain why you quickhammered on page 3 instead of prolonging discussion and scumhunting.

Basically because he claimed vanilla and there was a good chance he was scum. The latter might be worth having more discussion, but when combined with the former, it just becomes damaging if the wagon dissipates.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Empking »

To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway. This to win we need to lynch scum then there's no reason not to out the Doc right now.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am

Post by FuDuzn »

With the macho seer dead I believe a mass claim would not be for the best. Even we all claim then we will have outed the doc, and even if we lynch scum toDay then the doc will die at Night and we are then left at lylo again Tomorrow with three unknowns........and this is in a best case scenario. Basically I think the best chance we have is to keep the doc hidden.

Also, I am doing a bit of a flip flop but I don't like scooby right now. To me it looks like he is trying to control how the town plays and how saulres said it......why are you waiting for other people to give reads without giving them yourself?

Pre Edit: Maybe I am missing something, but how does lynching scum out the doc?
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Empking »

In post 83, FuDuzn wrote:With the macho seer dead I believe a mass claim would not be for the best. Even we all claim then we will have outed the doc, and even if we lynch scum toDay then the doc will die at Night and we are then left at lylo again Tomorrow with three unknowns........and this is in a best case scenario. Basically I think the best chance we have is to keep the doc hidden.

You can't judge a strategy by what the strategy does; you have to judge a strategy by what the strategy does compared to alternatives.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:43 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Empking, isn't that what I am doing?

One strategy outs the doc and basically guarantees his death and another strategy keeps the doc hidden and gives the town (imo) a better chance to win.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:49 am

Post by Empking »

In post 85, FuDuzn wrote:Empking, isn't that what I am doing?

One strategy outs the doc and basically guarantees his death and another strategy keeps the doc hidden and gives the town (imo) a better chance to win.

Explain to me, step by step, how you see us winning without outting the Doc today.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Let's say we lynch scum toDay. If the doc has been outed then he most likely would be killed at Night and then Tomorrow in a lylo situation there will be three unconfirmed players. If the doc has not been outed then he very well could pull off a successful protection and then Tomorrow there would be three townies left and two of those townies would be confirmed(via the doc protection). Better odds to know scum is among two players then among three.

Now after typing this out I see there could be a false doc claim Tomorrow, but even then it would be lynching between two players and not three.

Basically the odds of hitting scum are better tomorrow if we don't mass claim then versus if we do. But this of course is all assuming we do hit scum toDay, and I don't see how mass claiming helps that as well.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 86, Empking wrote:
In post 85, FuDuzn wrote:Empking, isn't that what I am doing?

Explain to me, step by step, how you see us winning without outting the Doc today.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Emp, I just explained how not mass claiming gives town much better odds to win. And I did explain it step by step and in multiple situations. What is your deal here?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Empking »

In post 89, FuDuzn wrote:Emp, I just explained how not mass claiming gives town much better odds to win. And I did explain it step by step and in multiple situations. What is your deal here?

You can't answer the question "how do you not out the Doc" with "assume the Doc isn't outted".
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 am

Post by saulres »

Empking:

Explain to me, step by step, why you think if we don't out the doc we're going to lose.
On permanent
V/LA
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am

Post by Empking »

In post 91, saulres wrote:Empking:

Explain to me, step by step, why you think if we don't out the doc we're going to lose.

A. The only way we can not out the Doc, providing we wait for claims etc etc, is to lynch a VT.
B. By lynching a VT we lose.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 am

Post by saulres »

How does outting the doc prevent us from lynching a VT? Or are you planning to run everyone up to L-1 to see what they claim? Because we can't do that; as soon as we place the first vote on a townie, scum can quickhammer.
On permanent
V/LA
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Empking »

In post 93, saulres wrote:How does outting the doc prevent us from lynching a VT?

It doesn't and I never said it would.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 am

Post by saulres »

In post 82, Empking wrote:To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway.

That's what you said.

You have so far failed to explain why that would be true.
On permanent
V/LA
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Empking »

In post 95, saulres wrote:
In post 82, Empking wrote:To lynch scum means that the Doc is going to get outted anyway.

That's what you said.

You have so far failed to explain why that would be true.

Scum; I am on L-1 (oh my!)
Town A: Claim!
Scum: Doc
Doc: Nuh Huh
Dod is outted. What do you think would happen?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:23 am

Post by FuDuzn »

You asked me how we can win without outting the doc toDay, and I answered with various situations where the odds are better for town to win without outting the doc. If I had an airtight plan that guaranteed to work plan I would lay it all out, all I have is odds that tell me outting the doc toDay is a bad idea.

And please anwer the question yoursel, why is outting the doc a good idea?

Pre Edit: Yes a mislynch means we lose, and I do see that outting the doc does make odds better of hitting scum toDay. But then Tomorrow it puts us in a potentially much worse position then if we kept the doc hidden.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:29 am

Post by Empking »

In post 97, FuDuzn wrote:You asked me how we can win without outting the doc toDay, and I answered with various situations where the odds are better for town to win without outting the doc.

HOW

You cannot answer how something is possible by saying "assume it's possible". Explain step by step how it is possible to keep the Doc from getting outted.

I'll simplify it for you:
a) A player is on L-1. What should we do?
b) A suspected player claims Doc. What should we do?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 97, FuDuzn wrote:You asked me how we can win without outting the doc toDay, and I answered with various situations where the odds are better for town to win without outting the doc. If I had an airtight plan that guaranteed to work plan I would lay it all out, all I have is odds that tell me outting the doc toDay is a bad idea.

And please anwer the question yoursel, why is outting the doc a good idea?

Pre Edit: Yes a mislynch means we lose, and I do see that outting the doc does make odds better of hitting scum toDay. But then Tomorrow it puts us in a potentially much worse position then if we kept the doc hidden.

Explain the odds because I don't see it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”