Micro 438: Greatest Idea Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

Would you have asked for a claim?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by eyestott »

What do you mean?
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

Before the hammer would you have asked for me to claim had I not offered.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by eyestott »

Yes.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Your stuff just didn't add up to me Diego. It was a harsh lynch but I had other reasons for wanting a short day. I actually had no real reason when I voted you originally I just wanted to see what would happen if I applied pressure and I thought what came after that showed that we'd hit scum.

You didn't really play badly, you just had maybe a couple of little things that were iffy which also didn't add up so your claim just looked so fake.
Don't @ me.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

My death was not in vain(?)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I'm pretty sure that had you protected someone else, istott would have been lynched or daykilled.
Don't @ me.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Yeah I was pretty happy with your performance and felt my suicide save on you well-made decision even though I was kinda hoping that you weren't a real PGO.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Like, I only made 2 posts and died.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Thank you, although I still have no idea why I was considered the prime kill target by two out of seven players after pushing so hard for something I was wrong about.
Don't @ me.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I don't know about Alchemist21 being conftown or whatnot but when I skimmed the day 1 you were the towniest + PGO crumb so I went for you just in case you were gambitting with that PGO crumb.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I guess ww only saw you being so town and not your pgo crumb.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I actually assumed Tree shot me because I said he was who I would shoot when guille asked.
Don't @ me.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:29 am

Post by MrTrow »

In post 372, Alchemist21 wrote:I missed the just ask part. Where was that?

In post 331, MrTrow wrote:@Townies (for those who (chose to?) not pay attention, i mean alchemist and guille here) if you have considered this situation and need me to confirm this power i will. (voting me will have the same effect, except it allows esp and eye a shot at a quickhammer should they be aligned, so please, just ask)

note that at the time i wrote this i was still under the impression i could self-target (when you asked me if i could i replied (among,
checking now
and
you should assume i can regardless of my answer
) wouldn't effect my ability to confirm(and waste) my ability

In post 380, GuyInFreezer wrote:My death was not in vain(?)

It sure wasn't.
It basically was the misinformation that got me killed.
I still don't get why the 2 of you made the choice to target the (not so) soft PGO, but yes it did help the town out greatly
If Tree shot esp pure on the 'instruction given to guille', that would have been not the best move(even if he didn't see the PGO-claim)
If he believed the instruction was to be followed, anything other than shooting guille would have gotten him killed (admittedly, not known at that time)
If he had read the instruction, he would have seen the 'only if diego flips groupscum' part

In post 373, Diego1487 wrote:I'm just glad that my poor play didn't lose it for the team! For a game that I played less than 24 hours, I truly learned a lot about the game. Especially what not to do!! I've been thinking about it. Should I have even claimed anything before the lynch? I know never to lie as town, but I feel that the claim was actually the last straw.

I can't find any poor play on your part. (true you clearly were the newest player around but)
The crumb (though i believe it should not be needed nor blindly trusted) was not only perfectly executed but also called upon at the time it mattered to do the only thing a role-crumb is good for. to prove early intent to claim this particular role should you ever have the need to claim.
The fact you still got lynched 'for making up the cop-claim based on discussion 'how good the role is' ' is poor play. but not yours.

@esp: you also assumed to know what my role was: what did you assume?
By the way, your mum says hello.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 388, MrTrow wrote:
In post 372, Alchemist21 wrote:I missed the just ask part. Where was that?

In post 331, MrTrow wrote:@Townies (for those who (chose to?) not pay attention, i mean alchemist and guille here) if you have considered this situation and need me to confirm this power i will. (voting me will have the same effect, except it allows esp and eye a shot at a quickhammer should they be aligned, so please, just ask)

note that at the time i wrote this i was still under the impression i could self-target (when you asked me if i could i replied (among,
checking now
and
you should assume i can regardless of my answer
) wouldn't effect my ability to confirm(and waste) my ability

In post 380, GuyInFreezer wrote:My death was not in vain(?)

It sure wasn't.
It basically was the misinformation that got me killed.
I still don't get why the 2 of you made the choice to target the (not so) soft PGO, but yes it did help the town out greatly
If Tree shot esp pure on the 'instruction given to guille', that would have been not the best move(even if he didn't see the PGO-claim)
If he believed the instruction was to be followed, anything other than shooting guille would have gotten him killed (admittedly, not known at that time)
If he had read the instruction, he would have seen the 'only if diego flips groupscum' part

In post 373, Diego1487 wrote:I'm just glad that my poor play didn't lose it for the team! For a game that I played less than 24 hours, I truly learned a lot about the game. Especially what not to do!! I've been thinking about it. Should I have even claimed anything before the lynch? I know never to lie as town, but I feel that the claim was actually the last straw.

I can't find any poor play on your part. (true you clearly were the newest player around but)
The crumb (though i believe it should not be needed nor blindly trusted) was not only perfectly executed but also called upon at the time it mattered to do the only thing a role-crumb is good for. to prove early intent to claim this particular role should you ever have the need to claim.
The fact you still got lynched 'for making up the cop-claim based on discussion 'how good the role is' ' is poor play. but not yours.

@esp: you also assumed to know what my role was: what did you assume?

For whatever reason, making you confirm your ability never crossed my mind (I'm gonna chalk that up to sleep deprivation I had during all my D2 posts). I asked the mod privately if gov. could self-target and was told no, so I felt safe taking the risk that you were scum gov. and not scum unlynchable going into lylo. Someone please slap me the next time I take a risk like that.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 am

Post by MrTrow »

That's not a risk.
Regarding my ability to self-target
I told you not to take my word for it.
You may have missed me saying that, but the key point stands: you didn't take my word for it
You also got mod-confirmed info i might not have even bothered to check beyond the wiki had i had a different role.
In thread i may have looked (it did) you were taking a big risk there, but you didn't
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

The risk was assuming you really were governor and not an unlynchable. That's what I first got paranoid about when you wouldn't claim.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 am

Post by MrTrow »

most of my refusal to claim was genuine. I didn't consider 'eyestott asks for it' a reason to claim and i considered 'espeonage asks for it' a reason NOT to claim. Especially when he started pushing the 'he should claim to clear up shenanigans' and 'you know what would make perfect sense, if he was not just any roleblocker, but the one that messes up investigations' as if anyone who actually had that role (by choice i may add) would ever admit such a thing.
i think i would have done the same as town but yeah (especially because at the time i was under the impression i could self-target) i was buying time to consider fakeclaims.

That said, pushing a confirmable role as hard as i did as a fakeclaim, would have been awesome
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 am

Post by quadz08 »

:nerd:
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”