Micro 587: Maths Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Thanks for modding ZZZX
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Phew! Thanks for modding zzx!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

thanks for modding!
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by BNL »

Yay! Thanks for modding, ZZZX.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 961, Something_Smart wrote:
Right like there's something deep about shooting without a claim. If there was
something smart
about that shot that I'm missing then by all means enlighten me, I don't want to blame you if it wasn't really your fault.
Also, nice AtE.

Btw was this intended? :P
GTKAS - BNL

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Well, yes, but it wasn't a crumb or anything.
If you ever want to crumb a night action to me, you know how to do it though :lol:
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by BNL »

Will roles and Mafia PT, Dead PT, Mod PT etc. be released?
GTKAS - BNL

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Roles will be made public soon, The dead/spectator QT has been made public. The scum has to give me thier OK to make thier PT public.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Thanks for modding Z. I enjoyed the setup a lot.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 999, Something_Smart wrote:I think I did a satisfactory job as BP IC.

Agreed.

Great game, everyone.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:12 am

Post by BNL »

Also, just saw that there was a spectator thread, and Plotinus' there :)

Plot, I actually almost wanted to PM with you to hydra with you for this game, FYI.

Plot, since you were heavily scumreading me, do you think my play was bad here, as per the thread I recently started in MD?
GTKAS - BNL

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Plotinus »

No I was just dumb I think. My reads were pretty terrible this game. I think a lot of what I was seeing was just circumstantial: I thought you were scum with D3f3nd3r but you were both town. I was seeing things that weren't there.

I don't think that any of the people I was scumreading were playing badly; for example my scumread on apricity was based on her seeming to have a good grasp of the game state which can be easier when you're scum because you're working with more information. She seemed to be ignoring some things that we thought she might pursue as town, some towntells from players that thought she'd choose to ignore as scum but we were just being wrong.

I managed to townread xk correctly, but that was mostly sheeping nacho's read and trying to understand where he was coming from and see what he saw.

My scumread on you was mainly based on nightkill analysis, and the nightkill analysis was based on not undersatnding that something smart was bulletproof. I wanted to know why something smart was left alive and why apricity was killed instead when apricity was widely townread but something smart was confirmed town. I thought that meant that something smart was wrong about an important read that apricity was right about, and that was you, bulletnlynchproof.

You did play differently here than in the game I modded but this was a different game with a different playerlist and different mechanics and you have more experience now than you did then and all of those things are going to affect your play. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to see through the differences caused by non alignment indicative stuff and townread you correctly; I was putting too much weight on nightkill analysis, and then I confirmation biased.

I hope that if I'd been a player in this game I would have been able to ask you and apricity questions about where you were coming from and your answers would've helped knock me out of my tunnel but as a spectator who couldn't ask questions it was a lot harder to re-evaluate or realise I'd taken a wrong turn. But I don't know if I would've gotten there even if I was playing; sometimes I don't. sometimes no matter how much effort you put into trying to read somebody, you still don't get it right, and if I don't manage to read you right that's not your fault, it's mine.

I was wrong about defender too!

This was a really embarrassing game for me; you guys all did really great and you found scum and lynched them and I just tunnelled town nonstop and if I'd been playing i probably would've been derailing scum lynches.

I wouldn't mind hydraing with you but i need to wait until a few games finish up.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Plotinus »

Spectators thread -- for anyone who wants to watch plotinus be embarrassingly wrong about everything again and again :]

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:52 am

Post by BNL »

Btw, I can definitely relate to your Apricity scumread: she was giving me the same townvibes as those in previous games where I would townread someone for no reason, and they were scum.
GTKAS - BNL

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Plotinus »

I think I just burden of profficiencied her. :|

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Plot, did you end up townreading or scumreading me? What do each of the symbols next to the post numbers mean?

I enjoyed reading the spectator thread :]
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1011, Plotinus wrote:I managed to townread xk correctly, but that was mostly sheeping nacho's read and trying to understand where he was coming from and see what he saw.

Ah, I didn't know that we were being spectated.

I really enjoyed reading you guys' reads on me, especially how they related to my scum game with Nacho.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:08 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Lilith, I am so glad I was right about you lol.
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:13 am

Post by BNL »

In post 1017, Xkfyu wrote:Lilith, I am so glad I was right about you lol.

This. I always get paranoid that the one person everyone is townreading is actually scum.
GTKAS - BNL

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:14 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Xk, I'm glad I was right about you! :] I wasn't able to articulate the difference between this game and 1662 as well as our spectators did but hopefully the difference that I felt was the same difference they saw.

I think I'm pretty easy to read once I start putting in effort, it just so happened that I was overgamed at the beginning of this game and then I went into a week of midterms plus a comp weekend right after, which killed any potential for me to be active for that chunk of D1.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Plotinus »

@lilith: nacho was townreading you based on some tonal stuff. before you started scumhunting i had you as "Scum for now" but once you were started scumhunting you were town enough.

I was mainly sheeping nacho on you guys because he had direct experience. We started in our hydra PT but then my girlfriend wanted to spectate with us so we asked for a spectators thread but then she never posted.

*goes back through my hydra pt*

ugh why were my reads in the hydra pt better than the ones in the spectators thread :(

My page 4 guess for the scumteam was "I think it's Gendaberry + [Davsto or Lilith]." but then I underestimated davsto and got distracted by apricity and then bad nightkill analysis. :]

Spoiler: quote from my hydra pt
In post 160, Plotinus wrote:Apricity won her first newbie game as scum, against Thor who was a tracker in that game. She's pretty good. Usually in newbie games early on i give everyone who has managed to start scumhunting a pass and then if everyone can clear that bar then i raise my standards. Apricity has cleared that bar but I know that she's not incompetent and doesn't deserve a townread just for that.

I like the questions that BNL is asking.

D3f3nd3r has 5 posts but isn't scumhunting. they can be scum for now.

...Gendaberry could be D3f3nd3r's buddy. or he could be tying himself to D3f3nd3r but either way he is too interested in defending D3f3nd3r and his scumhunting is centered around D3f3nd3r in a way that I don't like.

I really like 59 by InsidiousLemons even though I disagree with his reads. I think expressing intent to state intent to hammer (heh) is a bit ballsy* on page 3 (and I think I've seen newtown threaten to state intent (rather than just stating intent) more often than scum but i can't think of a lazy way to sitesearch that.)

lilith isn't scumhunting yet. she should fix that.

Something_Smart can be town because they're scumhunting and there's this fearless feeling about their posts.

xkfyu is scumhunting and I like that he's looking for motivations. I like his towncase on smart in 45 and I don't think his fearlessness about being put at L-1 is just bravado. I like his confidence that people will townread him sooner or later, even people like lilith that he's just recently tricked as scum. I would do that as scum but xkfyu only has 1 completed game. (glanced back through his iso in predictive text's mafia pt and he seems pretty competent and familiar with the game. i might giving him too much of a pass but it's early and we seem to both be townreading him for different reasons so that's good.)

I think it's sort of sweet that nobody in this game has seen an accidental hammer before. i've seen it in about 5 games (twice when i was playing, a few more times when i was spectating). Everybody always thinks counting is easy until it happens to them!

this isn't VCA; it's a readslist.
In post 75, ZZZX wrote:
Apricity
:
Xkfyu
(L-4)
D3f3nd3r
:
Apricity
InsidiousLemons
(L-3)
Xkfyu
:
Gendaberry
Something_smart
Llith2013
(L-2)
InsidiousLemons
:
Davsto
(L-4)
Gendaberry
:
D3f3nd3r
(L-4)

Not voting
BulletNLynchproof

With 9 alive it is 5 to either Lynch or Reveal.

(expired on 2016-03-07 16:19:49)

No Reveal Votes Casted yet.

D3f3nd3r's vote on Gendaberry is leftover from RVS (post 11). His latest post is in 72 which was just before this votecount. I like that he's not voting his counterwagon.

I think it's Gendaberry + [Davsto or Lilith].

*nacho said that wasn't ballsy it was overly cautious and I agreed the "intent to state intent" part was overly cautious but the page 3 part was ballsy. might've made more sense in my head.

I know we both felt that something smart was obvtown and didn't understand why he was being revealed.

I think I started out okay but then I tried to be a better player than I am and just kept getting further and further off track.

You guys were all great though!

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1015, lilith2013 wrote:Plot, did you end up townreading or scumreading me? What do each of the symbols next to the post numbers mean?

I enjoyed reading the spectator thread :]

symbols+ working together with somebody, townreading them, defending them, buddying them, helping them, allying with them

- working against somebody, scumreading them, attacking them, pushing them, discrediting them

= neutral interactions, usually quoting somebody without either attacking or defending them, sometimes these are just interactions about setup spec or passing mentions of a slot, sometimes this is responding to a case someone made against you without making it clear whether you’re scumreading them in return or townreading them.

== stating explicitly that a person is a null read

? I didn’t understand this reaction. this modifies a previous symbol, so +? means “is this an interaction with a townread?” and -? means “is this an interaction with a scumread?” and +?-? means i have no clue what’s going on in that post.

v votes

u unvotes but only if someone says who they’re unvoting because i’m lazy

☾ marks boundaries between days.

✝ a gravestone to mark that a slot has died.

R marking the boundaries where a replacement occurred

⌾ marks a slot that has been tree-stumped (in this game I was using it to mark that a person had been revealed)

It's my way of examining how a person's stances on the other players change over the course of the game: is there a slot they're ignoring? do the reads changes make sense? are they re-evaluating their reads or have their reads stayed the same since RVS? who are they ignoring? who they interact with but never scumhunt?

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:42 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Ahhh thanks! that's actually a really cool system, do you mind if I borrow it? :oops:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Plotinus, it was very interesting to read your comments. I'm glad you saw I was town, I have this nasty habit of getting scumread as town for really bad reasons.
I'm also glad that my reads were right. My style (and maybe what gets me scumread so much) is to tunnel various players and then totally switch my read on them (Xkfyu, Lilith) until I finally arrive at the correct players, and it was really helpful being conftown.

Also, @ZZZX are you planning to run a maths mafia 2?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Whoa, that is crazy. I have a similar (though much much less elaborate) system of my own that I've been trying out. It's in it's infantile stages, but it's moving right along.

In post 1020, Plotinus wrote:You guys were all great though!

Thanks.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”